Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Understanding Qanon & Other ARGs: their impact on society and the psyche
Posted by: robot_dracula ()
Date: March 07, 2021 12:06PM

It’s almost too simple, but the evidence is clear. My own personal conspiracy theory is that the internet can make you sick (in the head). Kind of like how heavy smoking causes some people to get cancer, it seems like for some people heavy internet use truly hijacks the brain’s reward system in an uncontrollable way and creates a egosyntonic feedback loop propelled by their psychological agitation, which may also exacerbate underlying mental illness if present.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: facet ()
Date: March 13, 2021 10:38PM

robot_dracula Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It’s almost too simple, but the evidence is clear.
> My own personal conspiracy theory is that the
> internet can make you sick (in the head). Kind of
> like how heavy smoking causes some people to get
> cancer, it seems like for some people heavy
> internet use truly hijacks the brain’s reward
> system in an uncontrollable way and creates a
> egosyntonic feedback loop propelled by their
> psychological agitation, which may also exacerbate
> underlying mental illness if present.

That’s really interesting, perhaps more of a rational conceptual viewpoint rather than a conspiracy? It does hijack the reward system towards its virtual space.

If there is one observation made by myself about the internet that I could mention, it is how we, or others, are quickly projecting ourselves into a virtual world over the real world.

Covid exasperating it.

On the plus side, it provides a platform for people which is highly akin to mainstream media, yet dressed like it is something else. So for me, (and most likely others) it provides a neat way to view what some people are really about.

I hope that everybody ever involved in this unregulated thing where people are socially re learning and reorganising themselves is one day labelled with the necessary warnings at the provider sign up.. unless decent regulation occurs that isn’t also a violation to people’s freedom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2021 10:40PM by facet.

Posted by: facet ()
Date: March 13, 2021 10:48PM

corboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does Yoga Have A Conspiracy Theory Problem?
>
> [www.bbc.com]

That was a really great article, it was amazing to me that in some of the replies to the journalist who wrote it, people were stating that the article was written with “absolutely no evidence”, though there was plenty evidence given throughout it.

Kudos to the writer, I hope the death threats have calmed down now.

It is a unspoken subject due to the potential adverse impact involved, though People in society do need to understand that there are some who will sadly and unfortunately use threats to try and control people to their own advantage, and that’s not just threats towards the other persons life, but to their own lives too.

Threats of either sort should not affect our own individual and sensible decision making and choices.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2021 11:00PM by facet.

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.