>
My Question to You: How do we help Q
> followers once they break free and/or the reality
> of the Q cult is unmasked?

>
>
>
> Advise them to educate themselves on the
> historical role of public relations in society.
>
> They will likely already be avid you tube
> researchers, they have been trained into it. Use
> this existing element.
>
> If they do decide to search (it is always possible
> that they won’t immediately, or at all) they will
> come across a couple various long PR docu series
> which will could be strong undoers of what they
> have been programmed to believe.
>
> The risk you pose, unfortunately, is in coming
> across as a conspiracy theorist yourself. Omitting
> any dark web materials, there needs to be a
> sufficient basic public breakdown of the named
> people (real names are a good start) you mention -
> as best as you can, keep the traumatic stuff for
> the authorities.
>
> Trauma added to any realisation would not be
> helpful in the earlier parts of getting people to
> re-realise reality.
>
> Ever see the hilarious film Happy Gilmore?
>
> Character Shooter Mcgavin hires a seemingly
> unhinged fan to try and manipulate situations to
> his own advantage. The film is not reality, but
> the gist is that Shooter ends up being the sore
> loser anyway. It’s the way things go.
>
> Same story with The Wizard of Oz, which conspiracy
> theorists have a field day with in order to get
> their followers to distrust it, not to watch it -
> as the narrative is likely expose them.

Thank you for your input; however I think that what you've suggested is more of a secondary step to what I looking for...

Im more concerned about the immediate aftermath of the shock likely to set into followers once they realize that Q was a game; the feelings of shame, self loathing and possible suicidal idealism which could set in once people realize they've fallen for a lark and given away money and relationships that were important to them while doing so.

Would DBT be beneficial being as it deals with suicidal ideation and issues of self image alongside emotional regulation and cognition?

It would be ideal if there was a way for people to self work from the comfort of their homes so as to not be limited to healing methods dictated by their financial means, especially with the pandemic having taken so much from so many...

Your thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Understanding Qanon & Other ARGs: their impact on society and the psyche
Posted by: facet ()
Date: November 16, 2020 07:00AM

My thoughts are that people come out of ARG’s all of the time, it is an often publicly used PR tool.. unfortunately preys on the natural human propensity toward fanaticism.

As with anything, the only person who can click ‘oh it was just bull shit’ is the person realising themselves via whatever avenue provides it, and whenever that happens. It couldn’t be forced. Force, that would be the problem.

I wouldn’t see any controlled program working, though you must consider me a random stranger commenting on the internet, not a professional or anything else.

For anyone reading and would like to know:

Well known bands band Nine Inch Nails were successful with their ‘year zero’ version that featured the freaky ‘presence’ hand imagery.. quite laughable, but still, Radiohead thought it was cool and came along with their lesser known ‘Waste’ game attempt ‘The Byzantine Ziggurat’, the recent ‘Anima’ project not being far from melting reality and the story together in the same light - which is the problem.

It’s all about manipulating a group of people, in those bands cases.. and much like cults, it is their ‘fan’ base. It also gets non fans in should they stumble across the game (inadvertently found a rabbit hole, an intentional link, qr code, or other way into the game) and end up feeling like they discovered somethin g ‘really cool’, like an art or whatever. Cultural thing.

I respect that the Q project has included dreadful accounts of abuse, which certainly makes things different from the above in flavour, meaning that some people might benefit from psychological intervention such as DBT, if it is used then best approached only by the person recognising a need. DBT, like ARG’s, changes brains forever. None of these things should be engaged in lightly. The people behind this particular PR stunt have been given way more importance than is necessary, likely helped along by the nature of the stories that they put out.

ARG’s are perfectly legal, even though the damage they do psychologically is not very well publicly documented and that their free use among the general public is never disclosed, I am sure everyone will learn one day.

Here are some links for those wishing to look up more about this subject of ARG’s, a PR tool openly used.

PR is the manipulation of a group, or the general public at large.

Once you’ve seen ARG’s in action, the gift is that you can recognise the workings of them in actual reality and keep yourself out of it if you want.

[www.42entertainment.com]

[futureofstorytelling.org]

The powers that be seemed to believe that we would all be fine with an unregulated internet, so here we all are.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2020 07:16AM by facet.

Date: November 16, 2020 08:05AM

I understand that you might see that I don’t get where you’re coming from, it’s just that for me any time of realising holds the same weight.

People come across the receipts or enough contradictory info needed, and realise.. people can get through some things themselves :-).

Here’s Trump

[www.bbc.com]

Here’s NIN ARG Wikipedia page

[en.wikipedia.org])

Here’s info on Radiohead’s Byzantine Ziggurat waste ARG

[ersmenoo.wordpress.com]

and I missed out a bit after mentioning fanaticism, which is also the natural human propensity towards problem solving.

Take good care :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2020 08:14AM by facet.

Posted by: shamrock ()
Date: November 16, 2020 08:19AM

zizlz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope someone can make a more easily digestible
> text/video with the information, for the less
> informed/intelligent like me.

Searching around on Google, I found this story from the Financial Times Alphaville site for October 16, 2020. The article is titled “The ‘game theory’ in the Qanon conspiracy theory.” [ftalphaville.ft.com]

Posted by: shamrock ()
Date: November 16, 2020 09:28AM

The Financial Times also put together a video titled "Is QAnon a game gone wrong?" [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: November 17, 2020 01:20AM

Thanks Shamrock, that video is really fascinating.

Here are the pages BobbiJean referred to on 8kun:
[8kun.top]
[8kun.top]
[8kun.top]

I haven't been able to find any of the specifics BobbiJean mentioned on those pages, like the name and rules of the game, so I don't know if that information is evidence-based, hearsay, or speculation.

BobbiJean, maybe the ConspiracyPsychology-subreddit is interesting for you, since you're interested in discussing psychotherapy for ex-believers: [www.reddit.com]

A Game Designer's Analysis of QAnon
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 17, 2020 07:35AM

This article is just the thing for our discussion.

The author goes by the pseudonym Rabbit Rabbi8t

A Game Designer's Analysis of QAnon

Playing with reality
Rabbit Rabbit
Sep 30 · 26 min read

[medium.com]

Re: A Game Designer's Analysis of QAnon
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 18, 2020 09:01PM

How QAnon Infiltrated the Yoga World

Rachel E. Greenspan and Gabby Landsverk
Nov 11, 2020, 6:39 AM

[www.insider.com]

Rachel Greenspan discusses QAnon influencers on social media

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2020 09:04PM by corboy.

Re: A Game Designer's Analysis of QAnon
Date: November 19, 2020 01:30AM

Generally speaking, QAnon spread because social media algorithms allowed it to, feeding the theory to susceptible users. @wphillips49 has an amazing story on this

This tweet is interesting, I do not doubt at all that algorithms helped, and that in itself is questionable, however the most helpful to the cause thing I observed was literally the people who shared the materials, they have engaged and posted with regards to it because it was cool to be affiliated or talking about the subject, or because it benefited them in some way as far as hits and popularity were concerned.

Some people will do anything and affiliate with anything for social media popularity and business gain - termed ‘clout’ these days :D.

Others intentionally tuned in and then shared the materials, they were interested and hypnotically wound themselves in to working it all out as with any other arg game.

Like popular (or unpopular amongst the streets) uk street artist Banksy, there are plenty of people in authority who know who he is, he is moving money and bringing in attention so is able to carry on regardless, while the others out in the street who don’t bring in the money or attention? They still get the usual arrests, fines and community service for doing the same kind of practice.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2020 01:59AM by facet.

Date: November 19, 2020 01:55AM

Interesting information about anonymity online, with a word of caution.. if you do not already know and are working on strengthening your own sense of personal boundaries, take mindful precaution before reading:

[teachingprivacy.org]

Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.