Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: I'm convinced Adyashanti is a cult leader.
Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: October 03, 2020 08:09PM

I agree with much of what you say. Like I said earlier, I don't think you can be in business as a spiritual teacher without being tainted by that commercial interest to some extent.

No place for unkindness or crazy wisdom indeed. Fortunately Adyashanti isn't known for displaying those characteristics to my knowledge, with the exception of Gaja's report who later said she may have misinterpreted the interaction.

In my final remark in probably my final post in this thread, I'd like to reply to the title of this thread: "I'm convinced Adyashanti is a cult leader":
I haven't found any convincing arguments for him being a cult leader.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: facet ()
Date: October 03, 2020 08:22PM

‘With the exception of Gaja's report who later said she may have misinterpreted the interaction’

Only after Gaja’s reality was questioned by yourself, who didn’t want to see it.

Is Adya a cult leader? Maybe not in the traditional sense but he is up there with all the frameworks.

His next course is called “Resurrecting Jesus”, not much to do with his usual tradition .. but a moneymaker all the same.

Godspeed Zizlz, thank you for your contribution.

Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: October 03, 2020 08:41PM

Okay, one final post since I'm being accused of gaslighting.

Gaja wrote:

"One women attended his satsang and ask about her efforts to try make herself a better person, I guess, there was something about improving herself, he answer her, that - he is not interested with it - he said to her, she can improve her personlaity, but it is like dressing pig with pearls, it doesn't make it look better if pig is squealing."

"Those things can be heard in video - pearls on the pig."

Here's the video: [vimeo.com]

Anyone interested can watch the video for themselves and see if they agree with the way Gaja interprets Adya's words. I've watched that video a few years ago and haven't gone back to check it but I'm pretty sure what Gaja said Adya said is not what he said.

Edit: Here it is on youtube around the 6 minute mark: [www.youtube.com]
Watch the whole thing so that you understand the context. Gaja seems to think Adya is being personally hurtful to a student. That's not my impression at all.

Facet accused Adya of self-righteousness. I think that's also a matter of interpretation. I can certainly see how the accusations themselves could be interpreted as self-righteous.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2020 09:08PM by zizlz.

Posted by: facet ()
Date: October 04, 2020 09:19PM

Hi Zizlz,

I’m familiar with Adyashanti over many years, but I watched back the clip anyways and have confirmed my own observations with his comments further, for me there is plenty of passive aggression in many of them.

A lot of the time Adya is responding in this way to others, the pig comment is being a fine stand out example.

So too the comment about sullen or dull eyes, it is really no service to say ‘oh well boo hoo your ego is upset’, that’s an easy way to take out responsibility for behaving shitilly isn’t it.

Coming from Zen, it would be possible that angers have been dismissed resulting into the passive aggression. And people admire this, in fact some of the bits that I had found funny of him in previous times are actually coming from passive aggression - I just didn’t see it at the time. I am sorry to Gaja for this. Hope you’l accept my apology and understand if you read this.

It is a behaviour that I don’t like at all, it isn’t helpful to anyone, along with self righteousness, which absolutely, I have been perfectly capable of as a growing person (who hasn’t at some point? - or else I wouldn’t know about it.

Adya is not a teacher to me, so bearing that in mind, and besides being very different people, I am not seeing myself in Adya. I know that this technique is widely taught across the board.

It keeps people in the position of forever trying to improve themselves since the flaws are persistent presentation in the teacher (no shit), they never change. A persons own self worthiness is never found in this way.

I know my behaviour - never perfect, but I’m alright generally :-). You can be free to choose your own ideas about that though and that’s fine by me.

Note: If zen / advaita is Adyashanti background teaching here, then Adya is the pitfall by those standards, hehe so what’s he doing?

Easy to be blinded by this stuff, I myself not exempt.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2020 09:37PM by facet.

Posted by: Leslie Read ()
Date: October 28, 2022 10:29AM

Yes...beware.

Adyashanti has been deeply involved in the cover for the lies of my former teachers: Nome, Russell Smith and Candace (Candice) O’Denver…lies that I subsequently became the ‘holder’ for. I have been silenced (un Der threat) and isolated for a decade to ensure that these lies NEVER become public knowledge.

Adya…was *DEEPLY* involved in this cover-up…as were SO many in the non-dual community.

[integrityintruth.com]

[integrityintruth.com]

[integrityintruth.com]

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.