World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms, WWOOF, Stparkroot Farms, Alisa Esposito’
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 23, 2018 04:17AM

Received a complaint about Sparkroot Farms and its co-founder Alisa Esposito.

Someone alleges that this farm, affiliated with World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms (WWOOF), is run like a "cult." And that WWOOF volunteers can end up staying there for a really long time.

See [www.facebook.com]

Also see [www.youtube.com]

Is it possible that some WWOOF affiliated farms exploit volunteers and are run in by authoritarian leaders?

See [wwoofusa.org]

Sparkroot Farm is in North Carolina and is affiliated with the World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms (WWOOF).

See [wwoofusa.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2018 04:20AM by rrmoderator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms, WWOOF, Stparkroot Farms, Alisa Esposito’
Date: October 23, 2018 04:27AM

"My WWOOFing experience was a nightmare. Here’s why the organization needs to change"

See [matadornetwork.com]

Interesting commentary from someone who didn't have a good experience with WWOOF and warned others.

"Long hours of hard work and a feeling of being exploited are fairly common complaints among WWOOFers"

"It’s worth mentioning that not all national WWOOF organizations have a feedback or reference system. Instead, the majority have strict complaints procedures, according to WWOOF rules. 'If they get a complaint about a host it is investigated. If the complaint is upheld they are removed from our lists and cannot join again,' says the page. Nevertheless I’ve found internet posts of quite a few bloggers, arguing that the organization hasn’t responded to their complaint at all...According to the information published on its website, WWOOF organizations only act as contact agencies between farms and volunteers. While some of them do visit each host before they are accepted, others do no checks at all..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2018 04:29AM by rrmoderator.

Re: World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms, WWOOF, Stparkroot Farms, Alisa Esposito’
Date: October 23, 2018 04:38AM

At lease in one instance it seems a group called a "cult" known as "Twelve Tribes" was affiliated with WWOOF through a farm near Ashville, North Carolina.

See [wei-k.livejournal.com]

And it seems that Twelve Tribes has some WWOOF activities in France.

See [question12tribes.com]

The Cult Education Institute has a database subsection specifically devoted to Twelve Tribes.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Twelve Tribes has a deeply troubled history of child labor violations, child abuse and bad press. Historically, the group has frequently been called a "cult."

Posted by: The Falconer ()
Date: October 23, 2018 08:07AM

Morning Star Ranch, in Escondido CA, was using WOOFers too, but I do not know if they still do. I know of one young man who joined the Tribes beginning as a WOOFer there.

Date: October 23, 2018 12:24PM

The Falconer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Morning Star Ranch, in Escondido CA, was using
> WOOFers too, but I do not know if they still do.
> I know of one young man who joined the Tribes
> beginning as a WOOFer there.

By the way: this young man's name is PELEAZ.

Date: October 23, 2018 12:27PM

The Falconer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Falconer Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > Morning Star Ranch, in Escondido CA, was using
> > WOOFers too, but I do not know if they still
> do.
> > I know of one young man who joined the Tribes
> > beginning as a WOOFer there.
>
> By the way: this young man's name is PELEAZ.

Correction: PELAEZ.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.