I'm starting one, a cult...please be my minion
Posted by: bakkagirl ()
Date: June 26, 2018 01:41AM

Dear all,

I have learned so much from reading 15 years of posts about everything 'cult'...

well, I am thinking to start one...

OK, here is my cult value proposition, my unique selling point.

I, a callow CA female of a certain generation had become deeply enamored with ZEN BUDDHISM, as it had been interpreted by the prophet Alan Watts...

who, as we know, had deeply inspired our GREATEST HERO, Werner Erhard...

So, I pressed for a temple internship to complete my year abroad experience of JAPAN.

I got what I wished for, and for four months cleaned frozen human waste out of toilets, chipped ice out of the alters of our Kami Sama...witnessed Shinto weddings, Buddhist funerals...and, the rest of a religious extortion racket...

ATE really well...the village folk were not very well fed, but we, even the toilet cleaner, ate oysters, and drank gold flecked sake every night. ZEN pays really well in JP.

Zen 'priests' are really randy...and, I spent months jumping out of moving cars, or, contriving reasons 'why' "sexu" with my teacher was not a good idea.

My moment of "pop"...the real Zen Bhutsu "popping" moment came for me, when I was jumped by a young priest in my sanctuary...the place I went to be warm, and to listen to music...in this case, the "Rolling Stones"...

I remember Mick Jagger singing "ooh, ooh", and I remember being humped by a priest...

And, I remember a golden statue of our blissful Buddha watching over...

And, I remember thinking, "I am sure glad mom sent me six pair of long underwear to wear at ALL times."

This was my "popping moment"...

Do you think this moment of enlightenment can be "monetized"???

What shall we call my, sorry, our cult?

bakkagirl

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.