MSIA 'Messiah' John Roger, new religion, politics, LGATs.
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: July 06, 2011 11:51PM

MSIA, whose figurehead guru, is John Roger, seems to be having a bit of a resurgence. The Huffington Post (Arianna Huffington is a devotee of John Roger) was recently sold for megabucks which may or may not be related to the increased activity.

This group spans the spectrum with a full-blown new religious agenda, a teaching facility: the unaccredited University of Santa Monica and a LGAT arm, Insight seminars.

Arianna Huffington, a very effective opinion shaper, had political ambitions (unfulfilled) when previously residing in Europe.

There is already quite a lot of negative info about this group and some new critical sites:

[usminfo.wordpress.com]

[msiatoday.wordpress.com]

[www.facebook.com]

[www.facebook.com]

The facebook people are actively seeking the support of numbers and hope to get as many 'likes' as possible on their critical and informative page to keep up the profile.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2011 12:20AM by Stoic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MSIA 'Messiah' John Roger, new religion, politics, LGATs.
Posted by: Kestrel ()
Date: July 08, 2011 12:12PM

Thanks for this post, Stoic -- I was just wondering about MSIA, which is why I poked my head into the forums.

I'd like to add the thread started by Anticult, regarding the connection between David Allen (so-called productivity guru of bestselling 'Getting Things Done' fame) and MSIA/John-Roger. There are a lot of good links there: [[url=http://forum.culteducation.com/read.php?4,14869,page=1]forum.culteducation.com[/url]]

Allen was/is a high-ranking 'minister' in MSIA, along with his wife. He came up running their LGATs/seminars/groups, which seems to have paved the way for his branching out into 'business consulting' and 'productivity trainings' for individual businesspeople and entire corporations.

Allen has mentioned John-Roger alternately as a dear friend, a mentor, a spiritual guide and a flat-out savior. 'J-R' is mentioned in the dedication and/or thanks sections of all of his books.

Some more good discussion of David Allen/MSIA in the comments here: http://konasdad.blogspot.com/2006/11/gtd-cult.html

And a thread on 43folders (a blog site that centers around David Allen's 'GTD' methods) in which some folks start asking questions: http://www.43folders.com/node/48340/327917

I recall that Anticult brought up David Allen's longtime connections to MSIA in Allen's official GTD forums, but the thread was cut short and deleted by Allen himself and/or his moderators. That in and of itself was concerning enough for me to really start looking closer. (I had been a longtime devotee of the 'organizational system' of GTD up until that point.)

It does not seem to be a coincidence that the majority of the higher-ups in the David Allen Company are also MSIA members. (links provided in Anticult's threads.)

I'm new to thinking about all of this, so I could be way off, but the David Allen Co seems to me to be very reminiscent of the Sterling Management System's function for the Church of Scientology. It is a 'consultancy' company that offers, on the surface, very straightforward services and suggestions for people who want to run their lives and businesses with greater efficiency. But it also serves as a front and a funnel that leads into MSIA.

A lot of people seem to have made the argument for GTD that, "As long as the tools they offer work, who cares what their religion is?" But in my experience, the GTD system isn't just about how best to file your papers or prioritize your business tasks--at the higher level, it presents direct philosophical questions regarding 'the purpose of your existence on the planet'. I think these 'open loops' (as Allen like to call them) leave some GTD practitioners just susceptible enough to suggestion to be drawn, directly or indirectly towards the MSIA and John-Roger.

I hope people become more aware of the connections between all of the above. I was shocked to read of it myself, and considering the HUGE popularity of GTD/David Allen online, I was surprised that more people weren't talking about it.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: July 08, 2011 10:00PM

I have to confess Kestrel that I have no first hand experience of this group although I did become aware of Huffington some years ago and found her connections to the group (for an otherwise intelligent woman) to be thought-provoking.

I did some reading on what John Roger got up to in his prime, mostly investigated and reported by David Lane, and found that Lane had to take stringent security precautions as a result of his reporting.

I also wanted to read the 'Life 101' book that was on the internet and removed several times--that was an account of an insider in MSIA (Peter McWilliams) who came to see through his guru and suffered heavily as a result.
I gather it is available again right now.

I had assumed that participation in this group had waned with the declining health of the aging and senile John Roger but it seems not to be so. The tentacles run deep and in surprising places.
The similarities to the $cientology set-up of front organisations masquerading as ideology-free business operations are striking.

I hope that we can get some more knowledgable people than myself posting here as I think this group, in its diverse operations, has potential to be as much of a force to be reckoned with as the Co$ itself.

I look forward to learning more about the inside workings of MSIA.

Posted by: Kestrel ()
Date: July 08, 2011 11:43PM

Speaking of Arianna Huffington, she and David Allen seem to be friends. They used to be happy to name-drop each other in publicity and she is/was a GTD devotee.

Her endorsement on the back of Allen's second GTD book, 'Ready for Anything', is as follows: "These powerful and practical pointers for living a more productive life are as subtle and rich as they are simple." It can also be seen here: [www.amazon.com]

Huffington has also been featured in audio download series on the DavidCo site, discussing how the GTD system has helped in her success: [secure.davidco.com]

[secure.davidco.com]

[www.iamplify.com]

(I do not know whether the others interviewed have any connection to the MSIA.)

David Allen was an active Huffington Post columnist from 2007-2008: [www.huffingtonpost.com]

It also appears that there used to be an article/interview with DA on Huffington Post in 2006, but the page is now gutted: [www.huffingtonpost.com]

Hmm. Interesting. I wonder if there was mention of MSIA or their mutual friend/mentor John-Roger that needed to be 'cleaned up'? (In recent years Huffington has played down the connection to MSIA and J-R's importance in her life when asked, saying he's just a friend.)

Peace Awareness Labyrinth and Peace Theological Seminary & College of Philosophy
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 03, 2018 09:10PM

John Roger Hinkins, now deceased, was founder of the Church of the Movement of Inner Spiritual Awareness.

A 15 year disciple of Hinkins later wrote a memoir entitled

Life 102: What to Do When Your Guru Sues You

[www.google.com]

Professor David C Lane, met John Roger Hinkins. David Lane is a sociologist of religion, has researched an Asian Indian devotional movement, Radhasaomi Shabd Yoga and traced the careers of two Americans who enriched themselves accruing millions of dollars tax exempt by marketing Radhasoami Shabd Yoga as Eckankar (Paul TWitchell) and John Roger Hinkins, a Twitchell follower who then created his own tax exempt religion based on Eckankar (Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness)

Yet another who has created her own tax exempt relgious empire marketing Radhasoami teachings as her own is Ching Hai, creator of the Loving Hut vegan restaurant chain.

David Lane's description of John Roger is unforgettable.

"rectal interphase" "they call him the divine rump ranger"

[forum.culteducation.com]

and

[books.google.com]

[www.culteducation.com]

Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness

Roger Hinkins was a high school English teacher who fell into a coma in 1963 and said he awoke as John-Roger, with the power of the “mystical traveler consciousness.” His beliefs combined elements of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Sikhism. More than 50,000 took his Insight seminars, and he was accused of financial and sexual improprieties. Today the group operates the Peace Awareness Labyrinth & Gardens in West Adams.

[www.google.com]

John-Roger Hinkins - Wikipedia
[en.wikipedia.org]
John-Roger Hinkins (born Roger Delano Hinkins) (September 24, 1934 – October 22, 2014) was an American author, public speaker, and founder of the Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness (MSIA), as well as several other New Age, spiritual, and self-help organizations.

?Biography · ?Accusations of cultism ... · ?Defense against cult ...
Just Not Said: Sociopath alert: John-Roger Hinkins
justnotsaid.blogspot.com/2014/10/sociopath-alert-john-roger-hinkins.html

Oct 29, 2014 - Its headquarters is home to the Peace Awareness Labyrinth and Gardens. Hinkins received his doctorate in Spiritual Science from this organization, and is its President…. (What kind of person founds a college, and then awards himself a doctorate from it? One has to wonder about the impartiality of the ...

MOP The Labyrinth Gardens John-Roger, D.S.S. 157 - YouTube
Video for Peace Awareness Labyrinth Gardens "john roger hinkins"? 1:21
[www.youtube.com]

May 20, 2012 - Uploaded by John-Roger
From the Peace Awareness Labyrinth & Gardens - also known as PRANA (Purple Rose Ashram of the New ...

MSIA | John-Roger on God's Master Plan - YouTube
Video for Peace Awareness Labyrinth Gardens "john roger hinkins"? 2:16

[www.youtube.com]
Aug 18, 2014 - Uploaded by Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness (MSIA)
For over 50 years, John-Roger, DSS (Doctor of Spiritual Science), has traveled the world, guiding people to find ...

Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness - Movement of Spiritual Inner ...
[www.msia.org]

MSIA teaches Soul Transcendence — becoming aware of yourself as a Soul and as one with God, not as a theory but as a living reality. Details on membership, teachings, events, classes and seminars.

A Study of the Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness - Springer Link
link.springer.com/content/pdf/bfm%3A978-1-137-37419-6%2F1.pdf
of prosperity, peace, and fellowship that emanates from a heavenly source. Publishers suggested the present title of the ... quipped, “MSIA is a spiritual garden where purple roses grow [mean- ing souls blossom in its Light]. ......
work of Dr. John Roger Hinkins (no hyphen in the original). 1972 In July, members rent the Light ...

John-Roger Hinkins - WikiVividly
[wikivividly.com]
Its headquarters is home to the Peace Awareness Labyrinth and Gardens. Hinkins received his doctorate in Spiritual Science from this organization, and is its President. In 1978 Hinkins created the Insight organization with friend and fellow MSIA Minister Russell Bishop. Insight Seminars is an international non-profit ..

IHOP-4 | MSIA: MOVEMENT OF SPIRITUAL INNER AWARENESS ...
[www.pinterest.com]
Peace Awareness Labyrinth & Gardens - Spiritual Retreat in Los Angeles ...
Wikipedia.org/ John-Roger Hinkins-- (born Roger Delano Hinkins: 1934-2014) was an American author, public speaker, and founder of the Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness (MSIA), as well as several other New Age, spiritual, and self-help ...

Peace Theological Seminary & College of Philosophy - Los Angeles ...
[www.facebook.com] › Places › Los Angeles, California

Phone, Suggest a phone number · Address. 3500 W Adams Blvd; Los Angeles, California 90018 ... Peace Theological Seminary & College of Philosophy, Los Angeles, California. 117 likes · 40 were here. Peace Theological ... Located In, Peace Awareness Labyrinth & Gardens. P

AND

[www.google.com]

Peace Awareness Labyrinth & Gardens - MSIA - Movement of Spiritual ...
[www.msia.org]
A Spiritual Oasis in the City. Peace Awareness Labyrinth & Gardens is a spiritual day retreat center where you can reflect in nature, without leaving Los Angeles. It is a sacred space where you can reconnect with yourself and with Spirit.

Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness - Movement of Spiritual Inner ...
[www.msia.org]

MSIA teaches Soul Transcendence — becoming aware of yourself as a Soul and as one with God, not as a theory but as a living reality. Details on membership, teachings, events, classes and seminars.

Our Story — Peace Awareness Labyrinth & Gardens
www.peacelabyrinth.org/ourstory/
John-Roger, PAL&G Founder. Peace Awareness Labyrinth & Gardens (PAL&G) was established by the Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness (MSIA) as a non-profit center dedicated to peace and spirituality, as a way to share this beautiful center with the public.

Peace Awareness Labyrinth & Gardens
www.peacelabyrinth.org/

A Spiritual Oasis in the City. We are a spiritual center located in Los Angeles. We invite you to visit our labyrinth and meditation gardens or take a workshop or class. Peace is always present. Come visit and experience the peace within you. This sanctuary is free to enjoy with donations welcome.
Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness (MSIA) Events | Eventbrite
[www.eventbrite.com]...

Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness (MSIA) is using Eventbrite to organize 16 upcoming events. Check out Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness (MSIA)'s events, learn more, or contact this organizer. ... Visits, Tours, Labyrinth Walks at Peace Awareness Labyrinth & Gardens. Peace Awareness Labyrinth & Gardens, ...

Peace Awareness Labyrinth and Gardens – Los Angeles, California ...

[www.atlasobscura.com]
Over the next few decades, the villa was bought and sold until the Peace Theological Seminary (PTS) bought it in 1974. It is currently the headquarters for the Movement for Spiritual Inner Awareness. The Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness, or “MSIA,” was founded in California in 1968 during the rise of the West Coast ...

Connect w/Your Soul - Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness (Los ...

[www.meetup.com]...

We invite you to participate in a range of experiential workshops and Spiritual Spa Days at the Peace Awareness Labyrinth and Gardens, the headquarters of the Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness (MSIA). MSIA's workshops are mostly free and open to the pubilc. Or feel free to just come and be in the stillness of the ...
Sun, May 6 Visits and Tours at Peace Awareness Labyrinth and Gardens
Sun, May 13 Visits and Tours at Peace Awareness Labyrinth and Gardens
Peace Awareness Labyrinth and Gardens - The Neighborhood News ...

theneighborhoodnewsonline.net › Local People

Jul 6, 2004 - Welcome to the headquarters of the Church of the Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness and Peace Theological Seminary & College of Philosophy MSIA/PTS. Lots of long names, lots of spiritual focus, lots of fun and joy. The mansion is a City of Los Angeles Cultural Heritage Monument, built for Secundo ...
A Peace of Historic West Adams - CityWatchLA

www.citywatchla.com/index.php/archive/8609-a-peace-of-historic-west-adams
Mar 9, 2015 - The retreat center, the Peace Awareness Labyrinth and Gardens (PAL&G), is affiliated with the church of the Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness (MSIA), a non-denominational, ecumenical church founded by John-Roger in 1968. The center makes every effort to facilitate soul transcendence through ...

[www.google.com]?
ei=CAnrWtTnKJiQjgSy1obwCQ&q=Peace+Theological+Seminary+%26+College+of+Philosophy&oq=Peace+Theological+Seminary+%26+College+of+Philosophy&gs_l=psy-ab.12..0i22i30k1.33320.33320.0.35367.1.1.0.0.0.0.141.141.0j1.1.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.1.140....0.VKktST0YkcY

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2018 09:28PM by corboy.

Re: Peace Awareness Labyrinth and Peace Theological Seminary & College of Philosophy
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 03, 2018 09:13PM

Peace Theological Seminary and College of Philosophy

About 411,000 results (0.58 seconds)
Search Results

Peace Theological Seminary & College of Philosophy - MSIA
[www.msia.org]
College of Philosophy. Founded in 1977 by Dr. John-Roger, Peace Theological Seminary & College of Philosophy (or simply “PTS”) offers experiential education on practical spirituality. Our programs are offered in-person and online around the world to connect our global community. They are designed to give you the ...
?Prana Residence Program · ?Graduate Studies · ?Prana Guest House Program

Peace Theological Seminary & College of Philosophy - Wikipedia
[en.wikipedia.org]...
Peace Theological Seminary & College of Philosophy (PTS) is a theological seminary and the educational arm of the Church of the Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness. PTS was founded by the Reverend John-Roger Hinkins in 1977 with headquarters in Los Angeles, California in the United States. At present, The Rev.
?Relevance · ?Graduate programs · ?Headquarters
PTS - Peace Theological Seminary & College of Philosophy Events ...
[www.eventbrite.com]...

PTS - Peace Theological Seminary & College of Philosophy is using Eventbrite to organize 5 upcoming events. Check out PTS - Peace Theological Seminary & College of Philosophy's events, learn more, or contact this organizer.

Jun 27 - Jul 3 MSIA Conference of Heaven ... Four Seasons Hotel ...

Jun 29 - Jul 1 Live Stream: MSIA ... Four Seasons Hotel ...

Jun 29 - Jul 1 MSIA Conference of Heaven ... Four Seasons Hotel ...

Peace Theological Seminary and College of Philosophy | Mandeville ...
www.mandevillepress.org/tag/peace-theological-seminary-and-college-of-philosophy/

Feb 22, 2013 - God is within all of us and all things, John Morton believes. “The most renewable natural resource in the world is the human being,” Morton says. “No matter how far down people have gone, or how hard a time life has given them, miraculous things happen when they open themselves to their spirit within.

Peace Theological Seminary & College of Philosophy ... - YouTube
Video for Peace Theological Seminary & College of Philosophy? 4:22
[www.youtube.com]

Jun 8, 2007 - Uploaded by John-Roger
2007 Peace Theological Seminary & College of Philosophy. www.msia.org.
Peace Theological Seminary & College of Philosophy - Los Angeles ...

[www.facebook.com] › Places › Los Angeles, California
Phone, Suggest a phone number · Address. 3500 W Adams Blvd; Los Angeles, California 90018.

Peace Theological Seminary College of Philosophy in Los Angeles ...
www.buzzfile.com/business/Pts-323-737-1534
Peace Theological Seminary College of Philosophy (trade name Pts) is in the Theological Seminary business. View competitors, revenue, employees, website and phone number.

BBB Business Profile | Peace Theological Seminary & College of Philo
[www.bbb.org]...

BBB's Business Profile for Peace Theological Seminary & College of Philo, Business Reviews and Ratings for Peace Theological Seminary & College of Philo in Los Angeles, CA. ... Alternate Business Names. College of Philosophy; Peace Theological Seminary CLG ...

Peace Theological Seminary and College of Philosophy Inc - GuideStar
[www.guidestar.org]

IRS Filing Requirement. This organization is not required to file an annual return with the IRS because it is a church. Sign in or create an account to view Form(s) 990 for 2009, 2008 and 2007. Register now. Programs + Results. You Can Make An Impact. Better data starts here. Uh-oh! Looks like this nonprofit hasn't claimed ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2018 09:13PM by corboy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.