Free Spirit Ministries
Posted by: probono ()
Date: September 16, 2015 10:41AM

Let me preface this that this is my experience with this group (though I have seen others treated this way) and I speak for myself. It was many years ago too and I no longer have intimate knowledge of what they are up to today. I struggle everyday (for 30 years now) with a burning in my soul and anxiety from this experience, which is why I am writing it down in my own documents about my life and here on this forum. I've had a number of experiences since which have been destructive as a result of my being with this group that I could share in many forum sections on the forum, but I guess this is where I will start.

When I was 15, I was a member of a small cult called Free Spirit Ministries in Edwardsville, Illinois in 1982. It is an interdenominational, born again, speaking in tongues, "baptised by fire" pentecostal group which was controlled by a "Apostle" and a "Prophet". At the time it was 16 members and growing, but now perhaps fewer. They dont seem to be interested in expanding numbers significantly and sometimes take in homeless families and other random vagrants. They mainly propagate their message in other larger churches now and at the time was a big fan of Kenneth Copeland Ministries (though not a part of his church).

When I was there I subjected to a strict schedule, regular beatings (sometimes until I passed out) and mind control. Members would watch me and report if I was even 1 minute late doing an item on my schedule and Id be beaten senseless, force to work in sub zero cold (in winter) until I nearly had frostbite, or stay awake for days on end. I still bear the physical and emotional scars from the abuse.

We often worked on a farm they owned near Alton, Ill where they stockpiled food and weapons in preparation for the End Times.

When I fled, I was in fear to the extent that when I fled the group I believed what they suggested from the Bible that I would be consumed in fire by God since I wasnt a "true christian" anymore and no longer in "God's Perfect Will". They hunted me down on a bus 2 hours after I left but I had the police involved and was able to get to safety at my fathers home and they left me alone after that.

I have since seen them on facebook propagating their "faith" and spoke briefly to the 2 leaders of the group. When I challenged their beliefs based on what was done to me (publicly on FB) I was immediately unfriended.

Though I mention them here, it is more my experience that I can share for others who may have had a similar experience in other groups or for people to learn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Free Spirit Ministries
Posted by: Parker ()
Date: April 20, 2018 10:14PM

Plz contact me ASAP in reference to this group. (Rest of message deleted)

Rules for use of CEI message board state

[forum.culteducation.com]

"don't post any contact information without specific permission in advance from a moderator. Contact information posted without permission will be deleted.
"

If anyone wants to contact you, they can do so via the private message function of this discussion forum.

For further questions, contact the Rick Ross, the moderator, here:

[forum.culteducation.com]

-- Mods

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2018 03:55AM by corboy.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.