Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Spiritual practice after surviving a cult???
Posted by: MynameisHeather ()
Date: November 01, 2019 03:50AM

Thank you jgaddis for the informative link on power dynamics...it looks very useful.

I like what you said about phenomenological approach in contemplative meditation...it's what I'm doing now...and I don't feel the need for a teacher or guru to show me the way.

I find reading books useful, I can take what helps and not be bothered with potential sticky power-dynamic issues with other humans. Reading, meditating, praying, absorbing, observing, inquiring, using critical thought, mindfully changing for betterment, acting, not acting, sleeping, not sleeping...I engage with my inner wisdom voice, and I don't require anything or anyone outside of myself to follow this path. I do not need an outside authority.

I do surrender my soul to the higher power...the Source of all that is...God, if you will. But this is very, very different than looking to others to find answers.

All the points you made in your comments are super useful, and I appreciate you've taken the time to reach out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 01, 2019 03:58AM

Many thanks Corboy for suggesting Alexandra Stein...wow...so much to read...she has a rich history, is so well-informed, and has much to offer!

It is useful to see how others have survived damaging, abusive cult relationships...it's all to easy for myself and others to fall into the same traps over and over again with other people...teachers and gurus especially.

It's important for me to always be wary of getting into repeated patterns of abuse. I know this now. I am armed with this knowledge.

I love this forum. I feel so safe here. I really appreciate the opportunity to speak freely, and learn valuable information from others.

In gratitude...

Date: November 07, 2019 09:10AM

...I was just looking at the Mooji threads...

Why do people need a guru to worship in the first place?

Why do we need an outside authority to tell us how to think, or not think, and how to live?

How come we are so trusting and blind to obvious manipulators?

What gives this person or that person authority to speak on the behalf of everyone? Are we just ignorant or insane?

I see a video of Mooji and all I see is an ordinary human...a person with needs, and he's getting his needs met.

Too bad his worshipers are his food...his prey.

What kind of animal are we anyway? Human animals prey upon one another more than any other animal in the world.

Here are other such predators:

Spiders.
Freshwater shrimp.
Sand Tiger sharks.
Dyeing poison frogs
Great apes.
Orthacanthus sharks.
Hippopotamuses.
Tyrannosaurus Rex.

[www.sciencefocus.com]

Date: November 07, 2019 09:16AM

Bad Guru's lunch:

[www.youtube.com]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.