Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Mooji cult: summary, ressources and reports from people who left the cult
Posted by: Ananas ()
Date: April 23, 2020 05:29PM

Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: April 23, 2020 06:33AM

Good general information about cult indoctrination and 'brain-washing' techniques by someone who has suffered at the hands more than one false guru:

[www.youtube.com]

I've summarized the main points for those who prefer reading:

1. You feel uncomfortable, but you don't know why. What does this guru really want from me? Are they empowering me, or is the focus all on them? The words they speak may make perfect sense and may sound beautiful, but you have questions.
2. You feel confused – there seems to be opposing concepts in the so-called "teachings". There are things that are vague and could have double meanings. You experience some cognitive dissonance and feeling foggy. The false teacher uses‘word salad’. You wonder why you don't quite 'get it'.
3. You begin to doubt yourself and your place in the world. Then you begin to deny your doubts and confusions. The false teacher could confirm that this state of doubt is normal and to be expected. You might not want to look stupid, especially in front of other members, so you go along with it.
4. The false teacher will introduce the group's dogma or belief-system here. There will be a lot of concepts that you are not familiar with. You agree with what you are taught, even though you don’t understand it. The teacher has the power of knowing more than you do and has done all this before! They are clever at working out what to say in order to win you over.
5. You feel pressure to accept the dogma, because you want to belong to a community. You deny any doubts. It doesn’t feel good – although in some specific moments, it feels great. You get the creeping feeling that if you could just let go of all your doubts, the everything would be wonderful.
6. Your thinking beings to shift. You feel good, like you belong for the first time in your life, because a carrot has been dangled in front of your nose – the reward seems to be there within your grasp. You feel pressure to keep putting in the work, being more and more devoted, trying harder and harder to do what the false teacher says. You begin to feel exhausted and sucked dry. Your own internal dialogue is drowned out and replaced by what the false teacher wants you to think. You might feel like you are in a trance when you leave the ashram or group, because the real world is no longer 'your world'.
7. You begin to implode. You can no longer accept the ‘old you’. You feel like you no longer have your sense of ‘self’.
8. Emotional catharsis. The false group that you belong to will celebrate this new state in you are in, and tell you that you are close to ‘enlightenment’ or ‘God’. This is a very vulnerable state.
9. You believe this break-down is actually a ‘break-through’. Your old world now seems not to exist. But the promised enlightenment never arrives. Now you will do the false teacher’s bidding.
10. You are now welcomed to the ‘group’ or ‘family’. However, you have to always do what they tell you. There is no room for dissent. You are open to exploitation.

By the way, I personally got to around stage 4 or 5 in the above process while I was following Mooji's pointings. But my doubts outweighed my 'wanting to feel good' by just trusting and accepting everything I was being told. I began to ask too many questions. I began to research and cross-reference what Moo was saying with traditional Advaita Vedanta doctrine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 24, 2020 11:27PM

Date: April 24, 2020 09:55AM

Further to my last post, I would like to provide some specific examples of how cult indoctrination operates within the Mooji group. Please bare in mind that these techniques are subtle.... it is entirely possible to watch Moo in action and take everything he says at face value and not feel that you are being slowly indoctrinated. If it were obvious, then I suggest that it wouldn't be as effective!

Refer to the recent Moo video:

[www.youtube.com]

1.38 Straight up, Mooji deliberately confuses the word ‘eye’ with the pronoun ‘I’. He says that you are in the ‘eye of the storm' and you are the 'I' in the storm. This is a common trance inducing tactic – and here the trance sequence goes on for a while.
Mooji takes what was already a metaphor - 'the eye of the storm' - meaning presumably that the person is in a calm place while the world is in upheaval around them, due to Covid 19. He doesn't bother with the meaning that the student implied, but turns the phrase into an opportunity to confuse the viewers with 'I' and 'eye'.

4.00 Moo makes it very personal- he makes a lot of eye contact with the camera. He's talking to the person who wrote the letter, but we feel he is talking to us, personally. All the eye contact gives us a false sense of emotional intimacy. He is pointing at the camera, to make his point. If we are alone and lacking company in this crisis, we could easily become vulnerable to listening to this. He is still playing on the word 'I' and it's becoming confusing.
This corresponds to point 2, in my last post, where I wrote: There are things that are vague and could have double meanings.
Now he starts talking up the viewer, almost praising us for being clam and transcendent - this is going to give us a dopamine hit! The reward centers in our brains are going to light up.

He says: “Fear will engulf our self-image.” He is identifying with the letter-writer but he is turning it around a bit. The student who wrote the letter does not want to be fearful, but Moo is saying that fear is good, because it will destroy the false self. Hold on, fear is meant to be unpleasant, isn't it? But Moo is telling us that our fear is a good thing?

8.38 He plays on the phrase "mind-field" and then confuses it with "minefield". They are two very different things, but they sound similar, don't they? The implication is that you mind is a minefield and therefore very dangerous. This is trance; it's confusing but you don't know why. It's only when you write it down that it becomes more obvious. Moo wants us to believe that our own minds are dangerous - 'don't trust your own mind.'

17.44 Just jumping ahead a little... Moo is pointing at the camera and saying "you will find great strength!" Another dopamine hit for the viewer! He sounds so sure of himself. What? Is he psychic? Maybe we won't find any strength at all - how the heck would he know? He goes on to say that 'feeling alone in the world' is not a bad thing - well, it's not bad for Moo, is it? Because it means we will probably be watching more of his videos.....
(Actually, there are concrete things you can do when you feel alone - like phone up a friend or a relative that you haven't spoken to for a while.)

20.35 Here is one of the most disturbing things in the video. Moo says that at Monte Sahaja they have a policy: "Live as though you have no rights or entitlements."
He says that if you give up the expectation of having rights, then you will be more grateful for what you do have. OK, well, the way he says it, it sounds kind of convincing, and by now everyone is confused and tranced-out, anyway, so they just might buy it. But if you give up you rights and entitlements, wont that make you open to being exploited by...I don't know... a cult, maybe????
I mean, do you also get to give up all your responsibilities at the same time? Do you not have to lift a finger there at Monte Sahaja? Just laze around eating tofu and drinking organic chai and being fanned by someone wielding a peacock feather fan? Is that how it works?

But, anyway, make up your own mind, peoples. This is just my take on things and is food for thought.

Date: May 13, 2020 06:01PM

Posted by: billyboy ()
Date: May 14, 2019 10:48PM

Are you an idiot Mooji? How on earth did you think you could get away with this! It's all downhill from here for you buddy! You will face justice.

I spent a good amount of my teenage years listening to his crap. Became dissuaded from studies and my life goals at the ripe age of 15. Flunked college, and thought about seeking a life in Mooji's ashram. I had a dream that Mooji was the devil before I went to visit his Open Satsang, yet I dismissed my intuition.

When I went to his open satsang, one of the local business owners had set up a meeting so that I could meet him in person. Luckily, fate had a drunken night planned out for me so I was in a deep hangover in the morning and missed my meeting with Mooji! Phew! Close Call! Who knows what kind of hypnotic and magical spells he would have cast upon me!

Some suggestions that I would give to anyone recovering is not to try psychotropic drugs as it will enhance Mooji's imprinting on your mind and make you incredibly unstable (found this out the hard way after a few traumatic experiences with psychotropic substances whilst still under the influence of Mooji's ramblings). His mambo jumbo is enough as it is!

This forum has been incredibly helpful and I found the book "How to Think About Weird Things: Critical Thinking for a New Age"(found on the reading list on this website) extremely useful to ground my mind back in something.

I've been burned severely, I'll be staying away from spirituality indefinitely.

These days, I am still recovering. The chants still remain in my mind, finding myself chanting jollily in the car. There is a long road to go still from here on my journey of recovery, if it ever happens. But what has helped me so far to stay grounded is being with friends, family and reading philosophy (although some would argue that this could probably induce more suffering than mambo jumbo).

If silly Mooji is able to mess with our minds with his old mouth, I wonder how much we are being manipulated by television, music and social media :o

Stay grounded people!

Date: May 13, 2020 06:05PM

Date: May 26, 2019 06:11AM

I've just watched part of the Lisa Cairns video that was shared by Horowitz above.

I'm including two comments from Youtube subscribers from below Lisa's video:
The first comment is from "Anna" - we have heard from her before, in fact, I have shared her comments before. She is a woman who claims Mooji made sexual advances towards her. You can get an idea of the state of mind she is in from reading her recent comment:

Anna 4 days ago
after attending "satsang intensive"in London with mooji I went totally crazy, lost my job, and was living a little on the street totally scared(he told me I can trust him, even though so many don't trust him, he can asure me he is worth of trust). Even though it happened in 2013 every time his face came back to me in flashbacks I feel true hate. In internet I find out one of his worshiper told she is in more intimate relationship than a friends with mooji, said it a girl which is 50 years younger than he is. He is the most dangerous man I ever met. Be careful with that one, do not listen him, he is getting into your mind and mess with you, later you do not know what is going on, you are totally lost, everyone around you see and know you have been brainwashed. You feel lonely and one step from suicide and who is there who can get you out from this mental - insane state, of course someone who mess with you on the first place - you may think, and then you are finding out the insanity can go deeper, and deeper, until you know the only way out of insanity that mooji is creating is to cut yourself off mooji. He is really dangerous, do not listen to him. Where there is no mooji there is quietness and sanity and rest.

The second (very sad) comment is from 'K'. I've not included her full name, even though her comment is public, as I am concerned about her mental state. However, I feel it's important to realize that some of the young people attracted to neo-advaita are people with serious mental health issues:

Hi Lisa hope u r well. I wrote to u a bit ago but I guess ur busy. I don't understand my culture of us so called non dualists and how the same conventions of ignoring another human with expedient ease carries on but I already know I'm feeling fragile. I'm suicidal in fact. For months I've been trying to engage with psychiatric services. I'm being abused and I can't stop it. I'm suicidal. I left balanced view of candice o denvers making and my life should end because I can't get any help. Everyone ignores u when ur struggling. I've not a freibd left because I don't know how to talk anymore. I'm aspergic and non duality for real real and a weird brain difference which overwhelmed me before nevermind since I see more than I know what to do with. Balanced view has killed a couple of my friends dear friends gone because of guru games and I think I'm next

These people are very likely to be vulnerable to abuse if they end up in an ashram.

Date: May 13, 2020 06:11PM

Posted by: LightWave ()
Date: May 31, 2019 09:09AM

Mt Sahaja is now looking like Chocolate Cake, but tasting like fish.
The power of the Being is Transparency, Truthfulness, Integrity, Naturalness
The power of the Spiritual Ego is Protecting and Preserving an Image of Specialness

3Hour Interview with Brian Rose of the London Real 22/Jan/2018,
at 2:52 Brian asks M, “What are you scared of?”
Mooji searches the air with his thinking eyes looking up diagonally for about 17 seconds then says “I’d be scared if Mooji is only a person!”

Earlier in the interview at about 1:57 Brian asks musingly ‘what’s it like to be a guru’ and M replies, ‘I don’t take nothing personally…sometimes people say things that are deeply hurtful, painful, lies’. Brian unconsciously saves him by answering for M, “like what? When you get this big, I’m guessing they call you a cult”.

M looks relieved to hear the word cult over let’s say accusations of him seducing and sexing the young female devotees. But then he goes on to say “that’s a soft accusation”…he blabbers on comparing himself to Jesus Christ being a cult. M often compares himself to Christ.

This piques Brian’s interest, “so {if} ‘cult’ is soft, what other things have been said?” M replies that he’s being accused of doing drugs, denied access to India, that he died, he’s a multimillionaire, has Rolls Royces. M sums it all up: people are just threatened by my very presence on Earth!

M artfully neglects to mention the strongest accusations are of sexual engagement with his young female devotees, hiding his sexual proclivities under the veil of sainthood, hiding a relationship with Krisnabai, some 30 years younger than him. And that everyone in his inner circle has to silently agree not to call him out on his deception or they will be cast out of the group.

M does not speak openly to his audience about sexual allegations. He covers it with a blanket of I didn’t do any of this. No one can wake up in this atmosphere.

There is no oxygen for this kind of behavior at the higher altitudes of Consciousness.

Date: May 31, 2019 10:30AM

M speaks of a negative ‘force’ that works against people who want to wake up. The human dna conditioning and social conditioning keep people trapped in a tightly woven loop of sexual identity.

The male conditioning that M is accused of playing out is old man seducing and sexing young women, competing with younger men, triumphing over them by getting the younger woman, and having dominance over other men to get their worship, sovereign rule over his kingdom and the only one with authority to banish anyone he feels threatened by.

The female conditioning Krisnabai, Lackshmi, shree and others play out is: to be chosen, to be special, to sit next to the most powerful man, to be subservient but hold a special status above the other women. The other women compete with each other and the head Babe, standing in line waiting and ready to be chosen to replace the existing when the head Dude ousts her.

The other conditioning playing out in MtS is the strong desire to belong to a tribe. A tribe that has attraction power so the King can pick and choose. So of course people want to be chosen and accepted into the tribal community with special rituals like silence that make them feel unique.

It’s all personhood, the very idea M preaches to wake up from, they have created. It’s their first bird Nest! We’ve created a special place where people can come and meet God. There is no place else like it on earth. The trap of the Spiritual Ego. Is there any way out?

Openness, Transcendence, Transparency.

Why would a living master hide his lover, why would she agree to being hidden, why would the others agree to cover it up, keep it hidden from the public? Is M and the gang trapped in the loop of lower consciousness charading as Spirituality?

Date: May 31, 2019 10:45AM

I was skeptical of “guru’s” when somebody introduced me to Mooji a few years ago. I saw an arrogance about his physical body and relationships that raised a red flag.

But his characterization of the Self versus personhood revealed the clarity within me about this. I was receptive to this truth, and am thankful for it. And feel that anyone who is receptive will benefit from this. If you’re not receptive, it will not move you.

It comes out on this forum that “everybody knows he’s in a relationship with Krisnabai”. Wrong, I didn’t know and I asked one of the inner circle folks straight out, is Mooji married to one of those three girls who are holding onto his golf cart?
Answer: no, they are his personal aids.
Me: oh so is he having sexual relations with them? Because it looks like something is happening but not being openly admitted to.
Answer: no no, Mooji is not married, he was and had 3 kids, but he’s beyond marriage and those kind of relationships. He only cares about helping us to wake up.
Me: that’s rare. I’m just cautious about guru types with these super-egos.
Answer: Mooji is the real thing, he is a living master, he’s like a Christ. I don’t know how people get taken in by those other deceptive types. But Mooji is not like that, he’s loving and kind and honest.

M felt loving and kind to me, but honest…about his sexual nature, not sure. If he has transcended this consciousness and energy, surely he can lead his devotees thru this narrow passageway. Not seeing that happen. Can you have both, enlightenment and sex, maybe, but you won’t be hiding a loving relationship. I’d like to hear from M and K about the allegations of their relationship.

Date: May 31, 2019 11:26AM

I'm putting my feelings and observations of M out here to help myself find discernment about him. I used to be happy to listen to satsang, but since he announced he had a problem with people who are lying about him and I read this forum, haven't been able to listen to his voice. I feel deceived by him and the staff. That they are all in on hiding M's real life from public view in order to protect his status of living guru. After all they benefit from the donations and retreats monies,shop,etc. They have put their heart and soul into helping others who are looking for truth and sanity in this world. I'm sure they feel called by God to do this work of saving people who feel lost. And that is noble.

But the leader, M, is he noble?

If it is a charade, a cover up, a justification like 'so what if M wants us to hide his relationship stuff, it's personal, it doesn't belong in the public eye'. Well yes it does, if he claims to be beyond relationships and poo-poos them as he does in several you tube videos. Then he does owe honesty to his followers and contributors. Not a blanket fairy dust response, I'm not guilty, they tell lies. It is the mantra of any man accused of sexual misconduct.

Disappointed with what seems to be a group deceit led by Mooji.

Date: May 13, 2020 06:20PM

Posted by: MiedoFree ()
Date: June 28, 2019 10:46PM

Hello everyone,

I've been following this forum for a while and appreciate all of you so much! I had trouble getting signed up, so that's why I hadn't commented before.

There is much to say, but I'd like to start with something I haven't seen anywhere before. Forgive me if I missed it! A friend I made last year when I went to OSG told me that when she was in Rishikesh this year, she saw Mooji with ARMED bodyguards! She also said that she was full-body frisked before entering satsang hall! I did ask another friend that was there and she said she hadn't seen armed bodyguards, but that her bag was searched the ONE time she made it to satsang.

Again, I haven't read anything about this anywhere else, so I'm wondering if any of you know anything?

With love to you all!

Posted by: MiedoFree ()
Date: June 29, 2019 01:31AM

Yes, it is something! To be honest, I already had one foot out of the Mooji addiction, but when I heard this, it pushed me all the way out. I just can't follow a supposed spiritual teacher who condones any type of violence, even for protection! Since he and his followers often equate him with Jesus, I think of how Jesus dealt with violence against him....

It also made me wonder what the heck they are so afraid of and why? I did ask the team about this, but of course they never answered... It's quite reminiscent of Osho, isn't it?

Date: May 13, 2020 06:22PM

Posted by: Joyfree ()
Date: July 13, 2019 07:51PM

Hello everyone!

I haven’t been posting anything for a while now, but I followed reading.
I‘m very happy that I could distance myself completely from the Moo crap, physically and emotionally and also the fury and disappointment ceased. Now it just seems as a bad dream, long ago that has no more weight in it. I‘m very thankful for that and especially to everyone here that contributed and continues to contribute to spreading the truth about such malevolent organizations.
It was shaking me to the core at first and then everything fell into place and I feel very relieved and absolutely at peace. Thank you!!!

I‘m very glad that the Lissabon retreat was not filling up the venue. It is a wonderful sign that people are stepping into their own power.
We must question everything without any exempt!

The Zmar retreat will unfold probably the same way as every time. In the past there were usually something between 800 to 1000 pax attending. And indeed, over the entire stay people won’t talk to each other at all!!!
Sometimes some couples are spotted meeting up and having a little chat, but they are immediately reported to the staff and quickly quieted. Most of the time the phrase is used about „missing the chance for freedom“.
Just say this to someone at the retreat and they will do anything you want in order not to „miss their chance for freedom“.

If you attend the retreat as a couple, there is no way that you can be in the same room.
The single rooms are to be booked and used only by a singe person! The shared rooms are only for same gender use and you will be assigned your place by the famous „lottery“ system. You will be surprised how for ex 4 persons sharing a room for a week, never talk a word to each other and afterwards part ways in silence again, not even knowing the other ones name. All „wordly“ and „identities“ are seen as obstacles for self realization and are completely shut down. Everything is shut down creating a complete feeling of isolation in the midst of hundreds of people, leaving you completely alone and vulnerable.
People give in to all those nonsense rules without questioning anything.

Yes, you must attend every satsang. If you are seen on the venue, you are escorted by the team inside the satsang tent. Unless you hide in your room and no one gets a hold of that. But you must know, that being exposed to that energy you will not really try not attending because you feel guilty of maybe missing your chance. That phrase is used all the time, Moo is using it many times during those retreats and this is a favorite manipulation phrase of the team. If someone wants to leave (from any retreat or Sahaja) they are immediately confronted „are you sure you want to miss your chance for freedom? This is your very chance! Do you really want to waste it?”
If you are in a confused, conflicted or distressed state, you might talk to the team, eventually you get to sit in the front row, close to Moo, that will keep an eye on you. You get the “benefit” of being in his very close proximity. But you have to attend!!! Because your distress is just a sign that you are “burping out” all that is not true. This is how Moo calls it.

There are people leaving the retreat, usually during the 1st and 2nd day. But it is a small percentage of the whole.

Let’s see how many will attend this time. Let’s hope that more and more will wake up and free themselves from this claws!

Date: May 13, 2020 06:24PM

Posted by: outtheotherside ()
Date: July 14, 2019 02:24AM

hello all, I've been reading this thread with interest. I never wholeheartedly fell down the moo-hole but I did meet him and go to a retreat in London. There were many red flags for me but still I went along with it, mostly because I was quite vulnerable at the time.

His staff were the biggest red flag. They all seemed dissociated and not happy people. I couldn't understand the need for all the cameras everywhere, it was overkill. I've been to many global press events with less media coverage.

Anyway the thing I want to say today is... why can't they provide some professional support at their events? Considering the cost of the retreats then they easily afford to pay some therapists to help deal with any people experiencing psychological distress. If they cared they would. If they had nothing to hide they would. They have a duty of care but it seems religious/cult organisations can get away with whatever they like!

Oh one more thing. The cost of tickets compared with the cost of putting on a show. No lights, no big pyrotechnics, all the supporting artists are free. All you need is some flowers, a man in robes and a mic, such a great way to make money. Ok off topic but I noticed some Eckhart Tolle tickets for a 4-hour talk at the Royal Festival Hall going for £50-£250!!! two-hundred-and-fifty-pounds!!! At least with Moo you get robes and musical entertainment with some good looking people. ET just a little man in a tank top. Wait a minute his initials are ET - definitely something in that!

Date: May 13, 2020 06:25PM

Posted by: MissingJoy ()
Date: July 15, 2019 12:11PM

So, last year, for the May meeting, I loaned a friend $1700 US to fly from Seattle to Portugal in order to attend her heart's desire, an encounter with Mooji. It has been over a year now, and she seems deeply embedded with Mooji and a local Osho group. Needless to say, she now has no money to repay me. Just posting this to let others know, this cult changes people. Her eyes no longer portray life.

Date: May 13, 2020 06:28PM

Posted by: Cherry ()
Date: July 29, 2019 09:07PM

I've found this forum when looking for the info about Mooji. My husband started watching his videos 2 years ago and our family is at the edge of divorce now.He gets up at 3 or 4a.m. and starts watching. I don't think it's normal but he doesn't want to hear any information that says sth against this man. As if it wasn't enough there's one follower of Mooji in our country and he organizes satsangs here. He doesn't mention the sum people have to pay but there is a box where people donate him. I can't stand the idea that this man gets my family's money. He even dared to start a website where it's said: "Your donations help this man to survive, to pay bills, to help his closest people". Am I the only one abnormal and think this is sh..???
What should I do? Maybe smb has some advise?

Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.