Current Page: 9 of 11
Re: Shunyamurti aka Robert Shubow of Sat Yoga Institute
Posted by: facet ()
Date: May 15, 2021 04:24AM

Does anybody know the standpoint on dealing with covid there is at the moment? if the current ashram grouping have, or will be taking part in a covid vaccination or is there another belief attached to dealing with it?

Does anyone know what is the situation with vaccination generally in Costa Rica?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2021 04:25AM by facet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 17, 2021 06:39AM

Bump: any info on this one would be greatly appreciated.

It is an absurdity to ask on vaccination in many senses, however it would be equally if not more absurd to assume that it would not happen at all... there is a chance for everything.

Posted by: garuna ()
Date: June 09, 2021 01:24AM

Hi there!
Shunyamurti is extremely careful about the vaccine and believes it to be a biological weapon against humanity. Vaccinated people are not allowed at the ashram. Ashram members are not allowed to get in personal contact with vaccinated people. It is my understanding that people who come at the ashram are being asked not only if they have been vaccinated but if they have been in close contact with vaccinated people, although I am not certain of this last part.

Costa Rica recently reached one million people vaccinated out of 5 million. They are strongly encouraging it and it is covered by the social security system. Costa-Rica issues digital vaccine certificates upon request.

Posted by: Amoo ()
Date: June 09, 2021 02:09AM

Dear some who still give a weight on what shunyamurti does or does not.

I was at the ashuram last year at the break of covid in march 2020. My visit was shortened due to covid.

Lots of thing revealed in relation to shunya and sat yoga and such disturbance was the light for me.

I am free, thanks to everything including horrible things in life. In terms of shunya as a teacher, I was shown the truth through criticizing his belief up to the point to appreciate that disturbed energy to reveal truth in my eyes.

Let him do what he is ordained to do, and watch your own reactive sensation against shunya. I have no view on his doing as he is just a dall doing life ordained to do. His action may look inaccurate, his belief may look incoherent, yet, liberation is realizing that this life, this reality is all about uncertainty and let the absolute uncertainty carry the doing of life.

I am free and i got vaccinated, i am from where shunya says he is. There is no biological weapon, there is no end of humanity. If there is, it is only shunya's conceptually qualified personal experience, the separated one, yet, still he may be right. And I dont care if it is weaponturning me into yhe robot, so be it and Jidu Ktishina said, i dont mind what happen next.

Shunya predict the end of the world, yet, I see 2022 mass awakening begins and 2035 major shift. He may be right, my seeing may be thr flow, but nobody here care. I dont even believe that, also I dont negate it. I just watch with extrem senstivity all movement, and excited to see its unfolding without any preconceived fear, preconceived impression.

Just see and feel your oen reaction and let shunya do his thing, which is continuously changing movement anyway. True liberation came when I see the emptiness in my criticism against shunya, and the big attachement and ego around the shunya's belief in dooms day. I am excited to see how all be unfold evrn shunya. All good, shunya is a flower blooming in very controvercial way, but we are all like that. He id not special, he is just another human structure wrapped in mystery and conflict and ambiguity.

Shunya does as he is ordained, donald trump too. Dont follow their dream, dont be sucked into yheir doing. Feel the reaction in uou and see what ix reacting until none left.

Liberation is not give prrdiction based on some phenomena, and all are in the end just another way of relation to events.

I hope people can use shunya as reverse principle and opportunity to face subtle ego around seemingly legitimate spritual ebdeavour.

I am vaccinated, I am trembling every moment with bliss, and so br it. Let biological weapon attempt to disturb thus immeasurable unmoving 'i am cool no matter what, i dont need to be right, i dont care shunya is right or wrong, as there is no one, nobody who can have opinion. All are just dance of one light in 7billion mirrors.

I will tell you if i turn to monster due to vaccine, yet, i am fucking free, free from even shunya's dream. Who really give a darn about that being do or say whatever the will of hod allows even if that is not accurate.

Vaccine cool, no vaccine cool, just there is cool waiting and acceptance of whatever. Let shunya dance thr apocalyptic dance, let him dance, appreciate the beauty of paradox, unspeakable dance. All good if you let all dance. Dance of shunya.

Posted by: garuna ()
Date: June 10, 2021 06:41AM

Totally agree amoo. In no way do I encourage reaction to Shunya but simply lucidity. I appreciate your invitation to see Shunya as an opportunity to recognise our own shadows. Pretense, fakeness, narcissism, posturing,... it's all being cleared out.

Date: June 10, 2021 08:45PM

Hi Garuna,

That sounds like it will work for them with the vaccine. I can understand why anybody would not wish to receive it, although I personally do not perceive it to be a weapon. This would be a very time consuming way to go about something that if we’re talking about weapons for humanity, could be done quite easily in other ways a plenty.

Amoo, I see that it is important to you that people stop focusing on Shunyamurti.

“Let him do what he is ordained to do, and watch your own reactive sensation against shunya.”

He is not a mirror to me nor teacher, so I will not take part although thank you for the invite.

I did not realise that he was specially chosen to carry out the clearing of humanities “lesser” thoughts and feelings. If I had known this at the start I would not have considered taking in much more of what he had to say, since I am in acceptance of all things as they are. I do not wish to push out undesirable things which are just a simple part of nature.

Navigating what’s best for me so that I can get through life in the best possible way though? I tick the box next to that selection.

It is amazing how in one moment, something can feel completely the way to go, the answer in life, and in the next.. given context, it’s just not what is needed.

Posted by: india ()
Date: September 30, 2021 03:01PM

I just recently came across their videos, and so, due dilligence, googled to find out the background, and came across these pages, which then led me to an 'exposed' website, which I also read. So, I have never been there, and know very little about the group. I have no position of defence or attack, with no skin in this game.

But I find a lot of the comments to misunderstand what is on offer, which is a very lucid exposition of advaita vedanta from a western perspective. In my view, its invaluable.

Its also part of the sangha's responsibility to check each others integrity and to flag it if its falling flat or lapsing into indulgences, or frankly aligning with a materialistic mindset.

So, not many of the criticisms speak to me. One person was having something close to epileptic fits, claiming its kundalini, in my experience, if you have fits when that awakens, then there is something drastically wrong with that person, and needs to treated as a psychological case and not a spiritual practitioner.

Another person was complaining that the group leader wouldn't accept criticism, well, from a spiritual teachers perspective, why would you accept the criticism of someone who is looking through the distorted lens of their emotions?

And so on... I see no real abuse so far, but willing to be corrected. I see a few people smarting after having their ego's dashed, but also I find there is a very uncomfortable flavor in some of the communications to its members. They have no right to tell them that God won't look favorably on them etc. How can they possibly claim to know what and who God is favorable towards? A being beyond any comprehension. Its just dumb.

It may not be the right path for someone, vedanta is a strict and difficult path actually, and what is expected of the student of this path is too tough for many people, especially with a western mind.

The costs seem to be in line with any courses I have attended and related therapeutic treatments are in the ballpark. So no issue there.

The doomsday apocalyptic scenario aligns with just about every religion at its inception through mystic visions of their saints, so also no issue there, its really only a question as to when, how it will unfold, and whether the timeline of it has been sped up. i tend to believe him when he says there is no time to waste, humanity is in peril, the planet is going through a mass extinction, technology is making us much more materialistic, we have obliterated God from our daily lives. He could be right, only time will tell, in the meantime, doesn't it make sense to strength yourself spiritually against all the indignities that materialism has to offer?

My experience of spiritual teachers and the people that support them is that there is always a lack of integrity somewhere, which is the human side, but the energetic and spiritual side which brings so much joy, and meaning that one has to always balance the world and its shadow, and the spirit and its purity. One has to be compassionate afterall.

Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: September 30, 2021 05:29PM

Hi India, there's a lot of testimony here from people who have been there and who describe the fear mongering and mind control in the ashram. Like you, I've never been there, which is why I won't dismiss the testimony of people who have been there.
But if Shunyamurti is right none of it matters anyway because there'll be a nuclear apocalypse any moment now.

Posted by: india ()
Date: September 30, 2021 10:48PM

Ziziz,

I am sure all kinds of things go on there, like anywhere, and maybe there is a total dictatorship, without having been there I don't know. Just from what I have read so far, its also standard for guru's to cut ties with family members in India, and serve the guru body, mind and soul, with no other authority. Whether its right or not depends on the guru and his or her integrity, and the ability for the disciple to discern whether the person is an actual guru or a guy pretending to be one. In my experience, its very easy to figure out which is which.

Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: October 01, 2021 10:33PM

india
its also standard for guru's to cut ties with family members in India

I doubt that. It's certainly not true for the few Indians I know who have gurus. Maybe you're referring to how it goes in Brahma Kumaris, is that your background? BK is Shunyamurti's background. Cutting family ties may be standard practice in cults like BK, but it isn't standard in Hinduism or Advaita at large, to my knowledge. If you disagree, I'd be interested in any evidence you can provide to back up your claim.

Current Page: 9 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.