Re: James Swartz—What is the Truth?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 13, 2019 12:36AM

Russian Fatima appears to be here to subvert the thread and harass people posting here.

That's trolling.

Trolls will be banned.

Posted by: MynameisHeather ()
Date: September 13, 2019 06:35AM

Steve Hassan explains the B.I.T.E model, and Undue Influence.

[www.youtube.com]

[freedomofmind.com]

He describes how thought reform in a cult can cause one to dissociate. Dissociation renders a person incapable of seeing/knowing/understanding that the group they got involved in, is very different now. (i.e. not what I signed up for in the first place...)

A person who is unknowingly lured into a cult goes through a honeymoon phase (my words)...then after a few steps in thought reform, the unknowing victim is trapped in the cult leader's program. The leader introduces control in:

*behavior (instructions, do this, do that)
*information (what is true, untrue, real, not real)
*thought (prescribing what to think, correcting thought), and
*emotional state (I am made to feel this or that)

This youtube vid is a very good, short clip with excellent information.

Test the group you are involved in. Stand apart long enough to ask uncomfortable questions about yourself...the group...your leader.

When I was in James Swartz's cult it began with my spiritual seeking. I thought I had found a true, and good teacher. As things began to change, I couldn't let go of how it was in the beginning. I had no idea what was happening to me. I was extremely dissociated and could not make my own decisions. Though he always made us believe we were making our own decisions. For a long time, I ignored the uncomfortable feelings inside...the unsettling feelings...the sensation something was wrong. I FELT COMPLETELY DEPENDANT UPON HIM...I DIDN'T BELIEVE I COULD MAKE IT ON MY OWN. I blamed it on myself. He told me I was selfish, stupid, ignorant, needy, and that I deserved what I got because of my bad karma.

How hard would it be to leave the group for a while...and go think your own thoughts? If this is a problem, in any way, shape, or form...then some serious questions should be asked.

If this group is not a cult, if it's truly a benign and spiritually focussed group, then it should be able to pass the mustard. Think of it in terms of relationship. If you date someone for a year, and you can't take a weekend away to think your own thoughts...get some new perspective...then ask, how healthy is this relationship. Who is benefiting here? Am I still benefiting--or did my expectations for a healthy, harmonious relationship disappear along with the honeymoon phase???

Date: September 13, 2019 09:38AM

Hey Guys,

So, I'm looking at some of the earlier posts on this thread. And I found this from Sahara71:

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: May 11, 2019 06:43AM

I did find this anonymous comment from back in 2008:

"I am so glad to be able to tell you about James Swartz, aka Sunny Jim, or as we all knew him—Rama. I lived in a communal situation, (ashram?) with this man for two years and knew him for two years prior to this. Let’s be clear, like other false gurus, Jim is very charming and charismatic. He has a good Vedantic rap and I believe he has developed a siddhi or two. If you are naïve and have no prior knowledge of Vedanta he can seem very impressive, and can even trigger altered states that may mesmerize you. But be forewarned. Like many false gurus he is also a chronic liar and once he has lured you into his web with his rap, he can be verbally and emotionally abusive—all in the name of giving you a teaching. His little speech in his story about not knowing about ‘crazy wisdom’ would be laughable, if he hadn’t disappointed and messed up so many peoples’ lives. He has a knack for messing with people’s minds and sending them right off the deep end. The parts of his ‘autobiography’ that I was a witness to are so inaccurate that I am now wondering if he is delusional. He also forgot to mention the time he spent studying with a black magician in India. Another good story he forgot to mention was the time he was told he was no longer welcomed at the Chinmayananda Mission Summer Camp because it became known that he had seduced and then ridiculed a young woman that came to him for teaching. If you meet this man, run as fast as you can in the opposite direction."

This comments was lifted directly from: [guruphiliac.blogspot.com]

This information fits the picture we are beginning to see emerge about Old James!

I can tell you, without a shadow of a doubt, this found quote was written by Jessica. If you read my true account on the thread James Swartz--my original written account, you can read about Jessica.

During conversations I've had with Jessica, she had also mentioned that James Swartz learned "black magic" in India.

...in other words, he learned how to hypnotize people, and mess with their brains in a way that would mess them up for years after the abuse!

Posted by: Traveler99 ()
Date: September 14, 2019 10:14PM

SWARTZ KNEW HEATHER (AKA Pepper, "E.C.S."), and ADMITS IT,
WITH A BLACKMAIL ATTEMPT

Just below are the original copies of James Swartz's message to me in which he admits to knowing Heather ("E.C.S.", Pepper). Later, he contradicts his own words and lies to everyone in his "Shining World" in the (infamous and insane) 2017 February 2017 Shining World Newsletter.

https://imgur.com/NUSEgYt

https://imgur.com/C9HGBwe

Again, as yo can see, in the above, James Swartz admitted to knowing the "vicitm" (he referred to her as Pepper, the stripper name he had given to her around her 15th birtday, three years before his plan was to have him dance to make money for him along with another of his initially underage "students" and his on stage sex-show-star wife.).
Yet, in the Feb 2017 Shining World newsletter,excerpted here only in part (sadly leaving out the parts where he compares himself to Jesus, Arjuna, calls himself "indestructible," and more--read them for yourself), he writes:

-------------------------
From James Swartz's Feb 2017 Shining World Newsletter

The Preponderance of the Evidence

When it is not possible to determine guilt or innocence – assuming you are not able to accept uncertainty – the law, which is based on dharma, provides us with an interesting concept: the preponderance of the evidence. In this case there is actually no evidence and I categorically deny the accuser’s statement, so how can you remove your doubt? Of course the quickest way to remove it is to see it as a mithya problem and dismiss it as unreal. But in the event that you are not at that level of inquiry, you can make a reasonable determination based on what you do know.

I Quit Teaching the Day I Die

In this case, what do you know? You know that someone who refuses to identify himself and seems to be masquerading as the “victim,” who also refuses to present his “evidence” to a public prosecutor, makes a statement, the veracity of which is impossible to determine since it was unwitnessed and supposedly happened 40 years ago. This is a fact. A reasonable inference to draw is that this person is uninterested in the truth. It is also reasonable to conclude that he is solely interested in shaming me into giving up teaching Vedanta. I have a statement from him offering this alternative in exchange for his silence. Is it reasonable to conclude that he is interested in truth and justice? Finally, ask yourself why the alleged “victim” waited 40 years to come forward with her accusations, if in fact she is real. To determine the truth of her statements, we need to know if she exists and, if so, who she actually is.

------------------------

James Swartz here to "his people" denied that this female victim existed, and yet just days before had written admitting that he not only knew her back then, but knew all of her "sordic details" and would tell them publicly if she didn't stop publicizing his crimes/ her allegations.

Swartz lied to all of Shining World (not for the first time, and not for the last, but this one is in everyones' face obvious and here to see).

Jimmy Boy, you say you wanted proof she "exists." You know she does. You say so yourself.

As one person wrote to me, "Swartz knows she's real. Hell, he knows her real name. But she has the Truth, so he can't do any more than bluster and complain about these 'lies.'"

Swartz, any person with half an open mind and a half-witted ability to reason can see you clearly now. The book "Guru? The Story of Heather" and this forum, in particular, have exposed you to the world.

Hey, Sweet Baby James,the cold wind of Exposed Truth must shrivel your elderly privates indeed, eh?

There are other screenshots of original Swartz messages, and more, to come.

Posted by: earthquake ()
Date: September 15, 2019 02:33AM

I've got to say, missed ya for a few trav.

Look, that is the first time i'e actually read those screenshots. Unbelievable, James Swartz is being in a curious manner there. It's highly suspect for one who is supposed to rest as purnatvam, tripti. Total satisfaction.

It is hard to know whether someone is enlightened. However, it appears quite clear to me, that he is so full of self importance and grandiose, that there clearly needs to be more work done.

So hypocritical to even have the gall to mention character assassination. He does it virtually every day. In public and private. To not only other teachers, but to his own students should they not do as he tells them. He publicly humiliates them, and they are ostracized and traumatized within the cult of Shiningworld.

Look, you guys know all about cults here. That above paragraph does happen regular. There is infallible evidence for this. I'm in confidence at present, and not able to show. But I feel the time will come.

Great posts Heather and Trav.

Date: September 15, 2019 06:32AM

I was just checking out the CEI facebook page. Scrolling down, I came upon this podcast with Jeff Schechtman interviewing cult expert Dr. Janja Lalich:

[whowhatwhy.org]

It's very interesting and informative.

I like what he brought up about the types of people who get involved in cults:

Jeff Schechtman:
With respect to the risks. One of the things you talk about is that the cult isn’t limited to people that are just clueless. That sometimes the best and the brightest can become part of cults.

Janja Lalich:
Oh, absolutely. Absolutely. Cults want people who can perform for them, right? They want people who can run their businesses, who can bring in money, who have good connections, who can basically keep the thing going. The cult leaders are usually pretty lazy and they don’t do very much. So it’s really their lieutenants and all the people around them who do everything. So if… cults don’t want lazy people, they don’t want sick people, but … They’re not there to take care of you. You’re there to take care of the leader.

When I think about my time with Swartz, that's just how he was--lazy. He had everyone around him working for him, to make money, and give him what he wanted.

Currently, Swartz puts forward the image that he is a legitimate spiritual teacher. He lies about his history and experience--credentials. It appears he has some very intelligent (tho duped) people working for him...doing all the work for him.

I hope people who are drawn to Swartz, or who are deep in it, will be able to see what he's doing here.

Ask the questions...is this group what I signed up for in the beginning? Who is really benefiting here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2019 06:35AM by MynameisHeather.

Date: September 15, 2019 08:40AM

I'm listening to another podcast by Jeff Schechtman:

[whowhatwhy.org]

This one is about Jeffrey Epstein and child trafficking.

I'm thinking about some of the topics brought up in this podcast...and I'm realizing I was being prepared by Swartz to be trafficked.

He groomed me, abused me (traumatized me), then took me across state lines, then introduced me into the sex entertainment industry by having me do strip tease (I was 16 years old), and when we moved to his cabin in Montana...he was preparing me to work for him.

I escaped getting pushed out as a prostitute and entertainer. Although I was sexually and spiritually assaulted by Swartz, I escaped further damage. I am so grateful for this.

At the very least, Swartz could be convicted of kidnapping with the intent to traffic an underaged minor.

Date: September 15, 2019 09:15AM

James Swartz in a Hollywood Movie!!??
With a Heather-like Victim and, huh?, Chuckie!
Really?? Or...

When I watched the clip linked to below, I couldn't believe it. I exclaimed out loud, "Oh, my God! It's Swartz and Heather in a movie, except with Chuckie!"

To me, this excerpt from the horror movie shows the pathology of Swartz, as he has proved himself to be in all of his dealings with me (let alone with Heather), almost exactly. In this way, this short clip is "perfect" for this Message Board topic, I think.

When I brought this clip to her attention, Heather did not want to say 'yes' or 'no' to me posting this thing. (She did mention that she was curious what decision the young woman would make.) However, to repeat, I consider that this clip has too much of the real Swartz,, even though in a fictional version, to resist. As compared to the actual James Swartz, though, the Chuckie movie's hypnotist abuser is the reverse of James, in being handsome. The movie version is about the same in seeming intelligence, less devious, and just as evil. Or so I see it. How about you?

Here's the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCo3QW-S310

What do you think? Is that (fictional, likely inadvertent) version of Swartz too watered down?

The real version of James Swartz is much older, meaner, and is ugly, but except for that, did that rapist hypnotist in the movie get it about right?

And though I've never seen the movies, I understand that Chuckie is a quite horrible villain. How interesting that, by my perspective, I'll root for the killer puppet over the Swartz-clone any time. Why? As I've said repeatedly in many posts, at least Chuckie seems not to be a hypocrite. He's a twisted murderer, in his own words. I'll take that over a drugging, rapacious, and fake "Spiritual Teacher" spouting lies any time.

Posted by: earthquake ()
Date: September 18, 2019 01:11AM

Hello Everyone,

Shiningworld has now responded to the movement that Heather's books and this CULT Education Forum has formed. To date this topic has had over 11,000 views, and we are NOT going away James and Isabella Swartz.

See: [www.shiningworld.com]

Isabella has wrote a piece that is quite well wrote. The only problem Isabella is that your quasi-psycho babble has not salient retort to the multitude of points that have been raised in these pages. Both on the ordeal of Heather, and on how Shiningworld are simply not teaching Traditional Vedanta as claimed. But their own expression of modern vedanta.

In regard to the initial poster, Dan, who is SW staff most likely, he asks is their nothing that can be done for this slander?

No there is not for two reasons.

The first is that it would not be a complaint of slander, but of libel.

The second is that Shiningworld are being invited to try to do something about it, but for my part, every single thing I have wrote is check-able, and independently verifiable, and a court case for libel won't be took up by Shiningworld. Because if they do know peoples identity in this topic then they do know what has been said and alluded to, at least by me. Is true.

In regard to Isabella hearing about the idea being floated of picketing Trout Lake, one only had to read about it here. It was hardly secret. Though the most important point is being missed. James and Isabella, gone are the days where things are being ignored. People are coming together, and if you genuinely read through all the comment sin these topics SW, there is a heck of a lot of truth. And the time may be coming for the proof of how much of a cult Shiningworld is, is shown.

Shiningworld, the independent proof exists that you fulfill the criteria for a cult. These many victims accounts will be sought to be back up professionally, before a substantial offer of the evidence is made. Such articles like you have wrote today Isabella, mobilizes it even more.

"Hater's invariably belong to a group", oh yea? And who hates more than Shiningworld? The way you talk about other teachers and paths, both in public and private smacks of pure ego and elitism. You do NOT teach traditional vedanta. The very traditions of individual swami's that may give you a nod here and there are, believe me, relegating James Swartz to an academic. You are also well known for publicly hating and terrorism those in SW that fall foul of the two of you. You are aptly describing the terror of you and James Swartz?

Speaking of Swami's. James Swartz showed his ego once more, when he name dropped a famous Swami who he said had sent him regards. So what? Teachers sent teachers regard all the time, yet James name dropped this teacher to try to validate his own teaching, in response to someone criticizing him. The fact that you published such a name drop speaks volumes. You feel that you are lacking, by needing to publicly name drop in that context. There doesn't seem to be resting as purtanvam there. The fruit of moksha.

Do you not know that many are afraid to get close to you both? Know how I know? Because many have told me themselves.

"There is no way of stopping a hater...only ignoring..." Isabella, let's have a reality check, you have not ignored us, as you have made a response. Which we have been wanting. Further responses would be appreciated, and this is because...

Once we see that there is nothing of interest in your silken hollow pseudo psychological response, one major thing stands out.

There is no addressing of Heather's sexual attacks. Nor is there any addressing of the myriad of inaccurate teachings purporting to be traditional vedanta. Point of fact Isabella, some of your teachings have been looked at by Swami within traditional vedanta, and they are not accurate. I know because I commissioned it. You are teaching people inaccurately. And that is most terrible for those unsuspecting people.

We know who you are speaking about in regard to someone's father. And yet again you take another opportunity to publicly character assassinate a former teacher.

Let me enlighten the internet. A teacher in Shiningworld was made an example of because they were asking for donations to cover medical expenses. They were publicly humiliated on Shiningworld in articles and newsletter.

Ok. So James Swartz allowed Isabella to get her way. He takes the side of his wife over his own students. This in itself is ignoring the importance of the parampara, lineage, over his own vishaya ananda, object happiness. This is a strong indication that his own discrimination is clouded, and he has feel from grace.

The most hypocritical thing in this, and here I am publicly outing James Swartz for the very first time in this context, is that he himself has been soliciting cash for that Spanish property. This has been happening in public, for a fact.

So they throw out a teacher for asking for cash for medical expenses, yet you, James Swartz are able to solicit cash for your property in Spain!

How dare you treat people like this! Any members of Shiningworld, read this carefully. I tell you the truth. Some i can't reveal. The rest is most likely going to be placed into a format that you can see what they are doing to you.

Isabella, you have the audacity to portray both of you as victims. We, the people who have been abused by you, we are the victims, and we are being heard. So, we shall shout louder still.

You have totally deflected our complaints by attempting to portray both of you as victims. We are outing both of you. And we are making an impact, once that will continue. Do you know why? Because what is being said is the truth. And we dance to our tune. You cannot force us into anything. It is us who have been controlling you. And we shall continue to entice you to share your propaganda, for it is then that we will take it apart.

And if you stop responding? We shall carry on with the historical abuse anyhow. This is not stopping, it is growing. You have fed it much more today. thank-you, for we have been wanting this, and more. Please continue.

Isabella, there is no point trying to protray yourself as being dispassionate. Anyone who has known you will know you will be going nuts in private. The crazy way you get on is very well known.

You also title it 'haters'., We are VICTIMS. Get that understood. So how dare you invalidate the trauma we have received. You, Isabella have to authority to negate what we are saying, unless you and James Swartz are there. And that is s problem isnt it? For if either of your were 'there' something had to of occured!

Check!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2019 01:31AM by earthquake.

Date: September 18, 2019 11:51AM

Psychobabble, False Teachings, Fallacious Reasoning--
Courtesy of James Swartz and (the non-sex show) Spouse
Plus, Some DERVO...

As worthy Earthquake largely points out above, it seems that all the Swartz's can do now is to resort to a mix of Pschobabble, generalized accusations and (widely inaccurate) general assertions regarding those telling the truth about James, "fallacious reasoning" bad enough to make a high school sophomore debate student blush, and all this with nary a concrete responses to the many charges and accusations about the behaviors and teachings of James.

Well, actually, James Swartz can't deny the following because he bragged about them in public and/or has spoken and written about, or exhibited, them many times:

-- Poisoning the neighbor's dog to death in India.

-- Having sex on a regular schedule with a large number of widowed sewer cleaners in Tiru in the early 2000's.

-- Using drugs, including LSD, with students.

-- His false spiritual history, regarding his teachers, associations with them, and accomplishments.

-- His knowingly false and distorted teachings, and deliberate mis-translations of some of Vedanta's most sacred texts (all to make himself and his half-teachings look whole).

-- His malicious bullying of students and bad-mouthing other (perhaps real, unlike himself) spiritual teachers.

The list goes on and on of what James and his spouse will not ever discuss. THE TRUTH HURTS. Better to confuse, to obfuscate, and to attack.

Here is where (as Heather mentioned on Page 19) DERVO comes in. If attacked by the truth, what to do? Certainly the Swartz couple chooses to:

-- DENY

-- ATTACK, and

-- REVERSE VICTIM and OFFENDER

Deny--Swartz's denials regarding Heather's charges are actually very weak. This can be seen in the Heather book and in various posts on this Forum, especially some of the recent ones. His initial responses when Heather went public convinced many he was actually guilty. He lost good people who listened, considered, and then quietly left. And those are only the ones I know of. (Does he dare to deny anything from the list above? That would be foolhardy, when so many have heard him publicly boasting about each point.")

Attack--Who is better in the whole "field" of Spiritual Teaching at attacking people than James Swartz? In this, he seems to reign supreme. (Finally, he's a champion at something.) Heather and her supporters are the perfect targets, except that he is scared to Dante's Inferno of Heather really going public.

Reverse Victim and Offender -- Oh, yes. Poor James and wife. Such exemplary folks, teaching great things in a pure way, all ego and desires for Fame, Money, Sex, Drugs, and Power totally subsumed by their Enlightened (non-) selves. Uh, right. Sure thing. You betcha. Let's all grab some violins and play a sad song for those poor victims of warrantless truth-telling and inconsiderate accurate assessment of their histories and spiritual bona fides.

Heather, thank you. Thank you for revealing what happened to you. It has helped so many. It has assisted people in dealing with their own abuse by persons in power. It has prevented others from getting close to (at least one) dangerous "teacher." And much more.

Without you, many might have become close to a fraud, a spiritual fake, a dog killing, lying, bullying, and manipulative con man who displays traits of a narcissist, psychopath, and sociopath. We have enough politicians and criminals. Only they are not pretending to be "spiritual teachers" who can bring you to Awakening and, perhaps eventually, Enlightenment.

Except by passive transmission (such as mentioning greats like Ramana and Shankar, a study of whom would benefit any sincere student), James Swartz is more likely to bring his "students" to Pain, Poverty, and Despair. (And thanks to you, Heather, and your book, and allowing this Message Board on this forum, now all who care can see the truth. "Thanks" isn't a good enough word, but it will have to do for now.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.