Current Page: 48 of 75
Re: James Swartz—What is the Truth?
Posted by: Traveler99 ()
Date: November 06, 2020 01:15AM

You're Absolutely Correct,

Dis-Illusioned

Just to be clear:

First, I agree with you completely. Swartz is "truly mad, manipulative, and unworthy."

Second, James is, and always has been, "misguided and desperate."

That he is with you, as he tried to with Heather, "resorting to blackmail," is no surprise. The shock would be if he responded (at any time and in any way) in a more civilized, truly spiritually-grounded, manner.

Third, I never meant to equate the severity of what happened with Heather, her friend, (or even Swartz's first wife, who he drove mad and then deserted) to his suggestion to you to have sex with people for much money and then to give the cash to him. You are an intelligent adult woman. Plus, you were not subjected to Swartz's "mind-f***ing" every day 24 hours a day like his first wife. Therefore, you are in a much better position to handle his evil creepiness than they were.

What I meant was that Swartz still sees others as things to use, to take advantage of, especially women. To him, women still, after forty years, are simply attractive bodies to be used to produce pleasure (for him) and income (for him).

Swartz's spiritual "level" is less than that of a cockroach. At least a cockroach doesn't take spiritual teachings and deliberately distort and misuse them. He doesn't use these falsities to attain as much Sex, Money, Power, and Fame as he can.

(Note-- In the last paragraph I noted Swartz's pathological needs for as much Sex, Money, Power, and Fame as he can get. These are only Four of the Five Destroyers so ably recounted by Devon Adler in "Guru? The Story of Heather." The fifth of the destroyers, Drugs, seems less important to him,though his use of Cocaine and LSD, as well as alcohol, has been witnessed.)

Truly, I wish you well as you move forward. And I love your attitude-- "Why would I care?"

This is perfect. Swartz can only use one of his most preferred methods-- Instilling Fear into His Victims-- if he has a "hook" that the would-be victim bites into. The bastard hasn't hooked you. Therefore, you're "untouchable" and "fearless" regarding his (empty) threats and attempts at blackmail.

From personal experience, I can assure you that nothing drives that mean-eyed and ugly bearded piece of barnyard stuff more crazy than someone he can't bully and control, especially if it's someone who uses his own words to display him to the world as the gigantic piece of excrement that he is and that his versions of Vedanta truly are.

To you, to Earthquake, and to some others on this site I almost feel like saying, "Welcome to the club." A club of those who merely wish to realize spiritual truth and to work with teachers who are "for real" while on this quest, but who along the way discovered a criminal in spiritual garb, and who were then attacked by him for revealing the truth.

Rest assured, your efforts are noted. What is written here is noticed. Many have been helped by what has been unveiled on this site. If when this Topic was started here you'd have told me that quite quickly there would have been 460 Posts and over 40,000 Views, I would have said, "You're kidding." However, thanks to what Heather started and to what Swartz contributed to so strongly (as everything he did and wrote just showed more and more his guilt and absolute lack of spiritual attainment), now the whole world can see the Truth.

Want the truth about James Swartz? Now it's easy to find.

Read the Heather book.

View the Posts on this website, from you, EQ, and so many worthy others, including Heather herself.

Really, after all this has been revealed, what is left of James Swartz as a spiritual teacher? (Or as an even semi-reputable human being?)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dis-illusioned ()
Date: November 06, 2020 02:18AM

I’m curious Traveller, as I haven’t read the entire forum: what is your role in all of this, and why are you doing what you’re doing, in this regard?

Date: November 06, 2020 05:43AM

ME?

How I got involved with Heather

and in Revealing the

Horrors of James Swartz

In answer to Dis-Illusioned's questions in a recent post, let me share:

Back in the winter of 2017-17 I heard through the grapevine about some very unsettling accusations regarding James Swartz. I'd never met this fellow, but some people I knew thought he was okay. The accusations, though, were very serious.

I discussed the matter with a few friends, and we began to investigate Swartz. The fact that some of us were in India helped a lot, as he was there that winter in Tiruvannamalai, a place where he'd spent much time.

Soon, with the help of friends who "Heather" trusted, I was able to contact her with only one go-between. Understandably, she at first was concerned lest I be a spy for Swartz. Along with growing trust came access to her first written account of what can only be called her "Nightmare Years" as an underage girl with this so-called "Guru named Ram." (He called himself a guru in those San Francisco days.)

What she wrote seemed very convincing, and the people I knew who knew her vouched for her veracity. Meanwhile, evidence about Swartz being deplorable as a person and as a spiritual teacher came pouring in. Evidence showed:

--Swartz lied about his spiritual history.

--Swartz, research proved, really had no clue about that which he was supposedly teaching, except from a "mental paradigm." He had never "Awakened" to a real degree, and therefore could only teach words, not "All That Is."

-- Swartz behaved abominably, including:

-- Bragging to all his buddies about his incessant shagging of impoverished widowed sewer cleaners and street sweepers.

-- Rejoicing in the poisoning to death of a neighbor's pet dog whose barking had disturbed him at night.

-- Bullying and abusing young, new seekers over the breakfast table, laughing about the crushed looks on their faces as he took a cruel and clever verbal saber to their newly constructing spiritual beliefs and understandings.

-- And more.

To me, it was imperative to get the word out about Swartz. First we-- that is, Heather and our friends -- published Heather's story in some on-line magazines. We also published articles detailing what we'd discovered about Swartz's spiritual past, distorted teachings, pet killing, and the rest.

I, additionally, found the e-mail addresses of every follower of James Swartz that I could find, and sent a message with links to the articles asking them, "What do you think of this?"

They almost universally came after me in an unfriendly, hard-core way. This I could understand, really. If I had a teacher I liked and someone called her into disrepute, my first response would be defensive, also. (Interestingly, at the time I felt that at least we had "planted a seed." Now, even the most loyal would be watching and listening to "Squirts," which was my nickname for him, more closely. And this turned out to be correct. Some contributors on this site have told me that they were, at that time, among those who sent me some very negative replies.)

Swartz himself, of course, howled like a demon with his nuts caught in a vice. He threatened libel and slander suits, threatened the on-line magazine (which, being in a fragile economic position and looking at a possible sale, did ask us to take his name out of our articles), and began the message writing to me which is largely recounted in "Guru? The Story of Heather."

Heather's PTSD acted up. Direct abuse by Swartz, again after forty years of hiding, was a lot for her. As we always would, when she asked us to ease off, we did.

For a few months perhaps Swartz thought he had weathered the storm. However, as Heather gained strength, I proposed to her having a friend, Devon Adler, write a book modeled on her experiences with Swartz. I proposed it with a change of names and locations, and dates that were a bit vague.

Heather agreed. From this, Devon Adler's "Guru? The Story of Heather" came forth. (As promised, Swartz got a different name and physically went from short, fat, and ugly to tall, skinny, and ugly, San Francisco became San Jose, Oregon became Idaho, Montana became Wyoming, and so on.)

The book was fine, but it didn't directly name Swartz, which was a bit frustrating, at least to me.

Then, Happy Days!, I (finally) found this site. Thank you, Mr. Rick Ross! I realized it was the perfect place to further our examinations of James Swartz, and a great vehicle with which to get the warnings out to people.

As I mentioned in another recent post, little did I know when this Topic commenced in May 2019 that eighteen months later we'd have over 470 Posts and 42,000 views.

Thanks for asking, Dis-Illusioned. And thanks even more for sharing your experiences with everyone.

Upon rereading this, I see I didn't answer your "Why?" question.

Why do I do what I do regarding Heather's story and the truth about the deplorable James Swartz?

--First and foremost, because what Heather claims is absolutely true and I believe that this horrible scum of a false teacher should be known for what he is.

--Second, being able to share her story and for this to help others is a very good thing for Heather.

--Third, with his insane, angry, non-reasoning attacks, blackmail attempts, and inadvertent confessions Swartz not only showed his utter guilt but also really "pissed me off."

Every time I hear of a person who was forewarned by the Heather book or the Posts on this site about the foulness that is James Swartz, and who therefore gave him a wide berth or left his presence as soon as they could (or sooner than they would have), I get a smile on my face.

It's probably not as big as the one that Heather gets, but it feels good to have helped a person while simultaneously extending a metaphorical middle finger to the rapacious, corrupt, and criminal slimeball that is James Swartz.

Date: November 06, 2020 11:26PM

Thanks for explaining.

The tone of the way you write, and the language you use, suggests way more in terms of emotional investment. If you don’t even know him, and Harley know Heather - you seem excessively angry with him. More so than people who have had to do with him directly even. Seems a little disproportionate even, if you don’t mind me saying. And for me, even detracts from the reasons why I would be sharing my experience - as it becomes quite a charged platform. That’s by the by though, as it’s just my personal feedback.

Why is it that “Heather” isn’t that much involved here?

Date: November 07, 2020 01:12AM

Thanks for your Perspectives & Questions,

And

Some Responses

When I started this forum I wrote more dispassionately. You can see that in the first post on page one. However, as the months have moved along and more and more tales of Swartz's perfidy and foulness have appeared, I have loosened up the reins a bit, for sure.

Rape, hypocrisy and injustice push my buttons like little else. Therefore, two persons in particular bring out much vehemence in me, most certainly. James Swartz represents all I despise in the spiritual world, just as Donald Trump represents much of what I hate in the political realm.

When it comes to those two persons--Swartz and Trump, liars, fakes, abusers of women, failures in all they do besides conning people-- it is difficult to hold back hard words.

You speculated that regarding Swartz that I might be "excessively angry with him." He at one time seemed to dare me to show up and make him a martyr. Certainly if I ever did become a killer he would be among the top of the list of targets, but that's not me. In self-defense or to protect others violence might be necessary, but not otherwise.

As goes why so much anger at Swartz, it's likely because of the horrible things he did to Heather and others compounded with the fact he did it from an allegedly spiritual framework. Then, confronted with the truth, he tried to blackmail and threaten me personally.

There is another reason I've "let myself go" regarding expressing dark assessments of the hellish Swartz. It could be that some people are hesitant to share their bad experiences with this malignancy, but upon seeing my hard assessments feel that doing so is okay. This is not the case with everyone, but with some this seems to have been the case. (One way of looking at it is that I am the "Bad Cop" which allows almost everyone else to be a "Good Cop" in comparison.)

However you view my thoughts above, truly I hope the powerful messages I impart regarding James Swartz is not, to you, so disproportionate that it impedes your sharing here.

One thing I must correct, though. You mention that I hardly know Heather. That was true, but not anymore. Over the years we've gotten to know each other quite well.

As to why we haven't heard a lot from Heather recently, happily it is for excellent reasons.

Finally, she is beating the PTSD and is more fully enjoying life. With a kind husband, fine children, good friends, and a great home, she is living life as one could say it is supposed to be lived.

As goes James Swartz, she has largely "done her job." She's shared her teenage experiences with this monster with the whole world. The observations, accounts, and experiences of others regarding James Swartz have totally affirmed and confirmed her story, and now the truth about this garbage barge (there I go again!) of a deplorable "teacher" is out there for all to see.

No person, now, doesn't have the chance to read the Heather book or this forum. No person has to be subjected to the misteachings and warped doings of this abomination (I can't stop it, can I?).

All of that is thanks to Heather.
And all of it goes back to Swartz, who couldn't resist drugging, raping, and brain-washing a sweet 14 year-old girl four decades back.

Heather keeps track of what goes on in this forum, and I believe that right now she doesn't feel her posts can add anything she hasn't already done. What more can she do, really, and still maintain the peace of mind she is now (finally) experiencing?

At least that's my take on things with Heather.

(As Swartz knows, she also could be preparing a five-part documentary series on her experiences with Swartz then and since, with pictures, interviews, and more. As has happened before, often there is a lull in Heather's participation in things and then, suddenly, Wow! I'm not saying this is or is not happening, but, oh, wouldn't it make Squirts' day if it were?)

Date: November 07, 2020 03:09AM

Thank you for elaborating.

You write in a similar tone and vein as Be does. Some people like it, some don’t. I was only curious.

For me, I don’t have intense emotions towards him. I moved on after we “broke up” as his role was no longer there - by his choice. Done deal.

It’s only when I discovered how his motives in writing to me for some time were probably more about himself than done in true service, that I expressed momentary outrage and used this outlet to add voice to wanting to expose him.

I don’t feel a strong charge to that.

I’m a bit horrified to realise what I’d looked past, than anything else.

And if it wasn’t for the fact that he’s been writing to me, saying the things he has said, I might even have just brushed it off as one of those things.

His attempts to bully me and manipulate what I do, lead to me continuing to want to expose his behaviour - for whether use that may be, for others.

I also knew of Earthquake when he was part of ShiningWorld, to that part is interesting to me.

Anyway, thanks for clearing up where you’re coming from.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2020 03:11AM by Dis-illusioned.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: November 13, 2020 04:49AM

I just wanted to add my two-cents worth.

Dis-illusioned,

I read your posts with interest. I think you mentioned something about that you might have Asperger's Syndrome? I actually used to work with people with Asperger's and have a very deep interest in psychology and neurology. (Although I am not a doctor and can only give advice here as a friend.)

I checked out Swartz's 'Shinning-world' website and found a few satsung posts form a seeker with Asperger's. I wont post the link to them here and I'm not saying that these posts are yours- of course, they could be anyone's!

James Swartz is a despicable human being! He has no empathy, he is rude and obnoxious and seems to have a very misguided sense of his own importance. What's more, he is denigrating people with Asperger's Syndrome, putting himself above them and claiming to have knowledge of a syndrome that he clearly knows absolutely nothing about. He is at best a rude, awful human being, but at worst he is propagating false information about neurodiversity that may be of harmful to people who have this condition!

Swartz writes:
"Aspergers people just come in with a very strong tamasic component by no fault of their own. But they are very self-centered, i.e. only concerned with what they want. They are not pretending to be ignorant, at least when they are young. Later, when they start to mature and develop some objectivity, they may feign ignorance because it suits their fancy. But usually, they are well taken care of and have little incentive to question the feeling of difference..."

How dare he write such utter bullsh*t? He has just categorized a whole group of people with a neurological diversity as selfish and dishonest! Where does it ever say that in the scientific literature? It doesn't! If fact, if your read the literature on Asperger's Syndrome it says that Asperger's people have a tendency to be honest and that they can have high levels of cognitive empathy.

Dis-illusioned, I know you are now aware that Swartz is trying to gas-light you and manipulate you. How awful he is. At least everyone who reads his bullsh*t email satsungs can pretty much see how revolting he is. The personal attacks, gas-lighting and put-downs are numerous. This man is in now way a spiritual person. He is not even normal! I'm so sorry that you were fooled by him.

Date: November 13, 2020 05:36AM

Hi Sahara,

Sorry if I’m not totally sure of who you are and what your background is with all of this story (James, and the forum) but I haven’t read all the posts here. And I don’t have a great memory either.

Yes those posts were of my conversations with him from earlier this year.

And yes they were the posts I wasn’t aware he had made public, until after he and I parted ways, and someone then randomly posted a link to them on a Facebook group devoted to him.

I was pretty shocked/surprised to discover his indiscretion - since my conversation about my mental health was not what I would have considered “satsang” and therefore included under his disclaimer of permission to share. Thankfully though, that makes it fair game for me to share our emails too.

It’s all pretty much water under the bridge now though.

(Except that I was booted from the group so I can’t remove the comments I made about him, that offend him.) So now there’s this forum, where I get to vent too, because he has Shiningworld to play on, and we have to play fair.

You’re correct in observing how he twists things to suit his agenda. I can’t think why though...can you?

And yep, now that I understand neuro-diversity better - I see that he hasn’t a clue.

He claimed that we all have Aspergers, himself included (so it doesn’t make a lot of sense that he recently wrote to me and said he makes room for the fact that I’m openly sharing about my history with him on this forum - because of the Asperger idea. Even though he said we all have Aspergers. All us tamasic (read selfish and lazy) people.

So I don’t in fact have a mental health diagnosis as such. Yes I have anxiety, and some childhood trauma, and I’m probably ADHD - but the funny things is that James’ efforts couldn’t “fix that.”
Ironically, he told me that my work is clearly ineffective (and therefore pointless in his opinion) because my clients “aren’t fixed or they wouldn’t be coming back for more” (like, I’m trying to fix anyone??)

Truth is, I’m super honest, and he can’t relate to that. That’s the issue he has with the Aspergers idea. I call a spade a spade, and I don’t mind speaking up or doing things the way I do them (I mind, but I still do them anyway. Go figure.)

He probably noticed the cognitive dissonance that was going on for me around him in person (and some common old garden variety social anxiety) which led him to conclude that there definitely is/was something strange about me - so he was “not surprised to hear that I have Aspergers.”

(Not that Aspergers is something you “have” - like chicken-pox, or Coronavirus - as I’m sure you know.)

Oddly, James later told me that he knew my potential Aspergers diagnosis “didn’t have legs” as he put it.

Seems he can’t quite make up his mind what it is or who “has it” and who doesn’t.

Basically, as you said, he hasn’t a clue what it means or refers to - but he uses his version of what it might be, to manipulate the story to make it fit his version of Vedanta.

Whether or not he’s a true Vedanta teacher, or has the right or wrong version on “Truth” - I wouldn’t know, but I do know for sure that his game plan is bottom of the barrel.

The pieces of the puzzle don’t fit together. You can’t be a guru and a mean bastard at the same time, can you?

Do true teacher get licence to say to people “if you had told me the truth from the start, I wouldn’t have had to insult you as I did” - and to then call that an “apology.”

Should I share another juicy piece from his mail, for you all?
(Just so you that any observers really see what we mean?)

Here it comes:

“The truth is that I like you and I think you are a fine person, although slightly confused because of your Asperbergers, which is why I'm writing this email and not outing you by name. If I thought you were a proper scoundrel like the cowardly Traveller and Wayne, I wouldn't hesitate to make your online life miserable. If you are going to accuse someone of a violation of dharma, you need to follow dharma yourself, whether or not you have a particular psychological makeup.”

My psychological make-up is apparently a great tool in his little box of tricks :)

P.S - I’m neurodiverse yes, but not Aspergers. He missed the latest update.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2020 05:47AM by Dis-illusioned.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: November 13, 2020 07:06AM

Hi Dis-illusioned,

thanks for writing back. First Old Swartz says that he's not surprised that you have Asperger's, then he claims that everyone has Asperger's (when of course they don't), then he says that the idea that you have Asperger's 'has no legs'?

Excuse me while I catch my breath from laughing! He is a freaking idiot.

He is gas-lighting you. He hopes that you will become so confused by his incoherent bullsh*t that you will just give up and listen to whatever he wants you to believe. What a joke. It would be very funny of it weren't so sad.

I realize from your above post that you do not in fact have Asperger's Syndrome, but that you may well have another neurodiversity. Well, I think that's a gift - and it puts you in the same boat as possibly Einstein, Mozart and Picasso. Swartz must be jealous of you!

You ask 'why would he want to do this' to you? I have my own theories which are of course pure speculation. I am not a registered psychologist, just someone who has studied cults and cult-leaders extensively. Swartz is your classic insecure person who lacks a definite sense of self. His style of 'leadership' is to disempower people and make them feel like they must rely on him and look up to him. It's evident in reading his so-called 'satsung' replies, which are rife with false compliments which then deteriorate into back-handed compliments and then finally to out-right nasty criticism of his 'students', all the time placing himself above people.

He is not very clever but hides behind a very poor, incomplete knowledge of Advaita Vedanta, which he twists and modifies to suit his mood. Some people like Swartz are attracted to Advaita because they believe this doctrine gives them permission to claim that they have 'no self' and hence that ethical standards don't apply to them! That is a very, very distorted and deluded reading of Advaita philosophy.

Advaita promotes ethical standards for everyone. In the Advaita tradition is is taken as given that you will first be sincere in your actions and refrain from harming others, before you even begin on the path. Swartz is far from sincere, he is actively manipulating people.

Rick Archer from the Association for Spiritual Integrity has removed the interviews he did with Swartz form his website. No-one in the spiritual community with an ounce of integrity would go anywhere near Swartz. I'm sorry you were hurt by him, as others have been. People like Swartz prey on those who are pure at heart. It is so unfortunate.

Date: November 13, 2020 07:17AM

What’s your connection then Sahara? Why do you pay attention to what James is doing?

Current Page: 48 of 75

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.