Corboy
Earthquake
ziziz
Valma
Sahara71
Be True,
and
"The Moderator"

This morning, 31 Dec 2019, I woke up early and went back over this message thread into September, 2019. Rre-reading all this was utterly fascinating, and wonderful.

Fascinating because of the depth of the knowledge, insight, and spiritual "experience" that weighed in on the side of true Advaita Vedanta, or "real" spiritual 'experience' and insight, and in so doing backed up Heather and totally devastated any foundation James Swartz might ever have stood upon as a worthwhile spiritual teacher.

Wonderful because such a group of knowledgeable, experienced, and conscientious folks (listed above) all took the time and effort to squash and to quell (by proper analysis and by accurate interpretations of Advaita Vedanta) the trolling and derogatory efforts of James Swartz and his followers.

Want to get to know some good people? Read the Posts by Corboy in order, reading only his posts (him? 'Boy' indicates this). Do the same thing with Earthquake, ziziz, Valma, Sahara71, and Be True. By doing so, you really get to know these (to me) very worthwhile persons. (And without Rick Ross having created this site, none of this could have happened. THANK YOU Rick Ross!)

That each contributor has weighed in as he/she has shows tons.

That each seems to far overmatch Swartz or his clones here is indisputable. (This has to please Heather, who deserves some smiles, immensely.) It shows the bullheadedness, and likely the stupidity, of Swartz that he even tries to win a discussion (or a fight) with such a group (though it be informal, only created by circumstance, with this site having made it possible for persons who detest false teaching and criminal malfeasance to act in an unorchestrated but superb harmony).

A Dream of mine

Someday I would love to throw a banquet for Heather, her group of original supporters from back in 2017 (who are still around, and happy about how things are going, most definitely), Devon Adler, and for Corboy, Earthquake, ziziz, Valma, Sahara 71, Be True, and Rick Ross (plus, the valuable post-ers who contributed before mid-Sept 2019).

It is only a dream, but who knows? Maybe it could happen. Someday...

Regarding "no self"

In one of his excellent posts above, Corboy writes:

Corboy
James' supposed state of enlightenment is not a state of being free from ego, but a state of the ego being free from conscience.

Exactly.

Combine this thought with the conclusion to be reached from this excerpt from a post by Heather:

mynameisHeather
When he sent his wife Marlena, and Jessica, and me (in training) out to strip for money...he told us we were not the doer. We could have our cake and eat it too. "Sin intelligently" if you will...

This was his teaching on non-duality.

He told me I was not real.

Today...on this thread...disguised as a troll...Swartz again tells me I am not real.

My memory is not real.

My pain is not real.

Other people speaking out against Swartz and his false teachings...they are not real.

Swartz can live with this lie. It is his lie that serves him well.

What about Isabella? Can she actually live with this lie??? What about her children and grandchildren? Does she have any integrity at all--or is she completely controlled by Swartz?

Sages have warned about how people miss an important point. Persons hear, "There is no individual self, but only the Self," and they begin to think of other persons as 'unreal'. (And why worry about the feelings of an unreal 'non'-thing?)

The thing these persons miss is that, based on these teachings, he or she IS NOT REAL, either. Therefore, his or her desires for sex, drugs, fame, power, or money ("gaining" attachments) are meaningless, too, and can be disregarded, or let go.

James Swartz, consciously, has acted his whole life without conscience because he 'knows' intellectually that all others are not real, so they can be hurt by him with impunity. This is what he teaches, as was first revealed by Heather three years ago, had been mentioned by others previous to that, and has been conclusively demonstrated here on this site even since Sept 2019. The intrinsic foundation of James Swartz's teaching is that 'They aren't real, but I am.' So I matter, and they don't.

So, to repeat Corboy's assertion, "James' supposed state of enlightenment is not a state of being free from ego, but a state of the ego being free from conscience."

This explains James Swartz's life of crime, rapine, and hypocrisy. He never 'got' the 'experience' of Awakening. Partly due to this, everything stayed totally mental for him. Swartz has been stuck in his head and his ego, spouting half-truths and getting all the sex, drugs, fame, power, and money that he can, all while knowing that he was, and is, a fraud, a fake, with this knowledge showing up publicly with his vehement attacks on other teachers--ones he fears really "got it" and will (and do) leave him 'in the dust' in the relative. (And duality, the relative, is all he has, so this really 'matters' to him.)

This explains Swartz, and it explains his followers who don't get past his dogmatic falsities. No wonder Heather has always been so concerned for them...

Happy New Year to all of the fine persons mentioned above (and, to paraphrase Heather, may Swartz, his wife, and those of his followers who have taken on how to live in evil fashion from their master 'enjoy' the year they 'deserve,' that is, the twelve months that the 'natural consequences of their actions' will bring to them).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James Swartz—What is the Truth?
Posted by: MynameisHeather ()
Date: January 01, 2020 03:26AM

Here are some of my own personal opinions...

I'm pretty sure all three gates of hell are open to James Swartz--he can enter at his leisure.

Additionally I don't believe anyone is unsaveable. It's possible one day Swartz will do the necessary work to save himself?

Most importantly, I hope and pray Isabella will find her freedom. I don't know her, but I surmise she may be under his spell and I know how difficult it is to break free! I realize there are some folks on this thread who feel angry toward Isabella--and perhaps they have good reasons. But I know what Swartz has done. He propped her up to the forefront, and used their relationship as a public example of harmony and contentedness, a storefront of all-is-well. Let's face it, Isabella is very good for the publicity of Shiningworld. She looks beautiful and lovely...spiritual. And no doubt Swartz got her motivated to use all her talents and skills to make the business succeed. What's in it for her? Perhaps when Swartz dies she can carry on the mantle of spiritual teacher. He can say that he shares power with a woman, but Swartz himself is the controller. When I knew him as Rama (now he calls himself Ramji) he duped Marlene and Jessica into believing they were in control and that strip teasing was their choice. Jessica was 18 years old. Imagine your daughter, niece, or cousin in that situation. Imagine a young woman believing she had the power and control, and all the while a morally corrupted and evil man was sitting back behind the scenes...pulling all the strings. Swartz has the amazing ability to get people to do his bidding, even if the actions are against the spiritual intentions and original personality of the person. I hope the followers of Swartz will see this man for who he really is, and discover true wisdom beyond the Swartzian false teachings.

Corboy made such good points. The analogy of the worth of gold illustrates how we can rationally think through the value of a teaching or teacher. We have the ability to use our logic to think it through!

As a student it's important to weigh the value of the teacher and teaching:

Am I Free? Am I free to leave and learn from other teachers simultaneously?
Does my teacher respect me as a person?
Does my teacher engage in genuine conversation and exchange/exploration of ideas, or is my teacher lecturing?
Are my teacher's words and actions an example of my own personal values?
What are my own personal values?
What do I think and believe that is different from this teacher?
Can I make a list of things I don't agree with?
What did I think before I met this teacher?
How has my thinking changed?
Has my life improved since I've followed this teacher?
Can I list concrete and real-life examples of improvements that have resulted from this teaching?
Are these my thoughts or someone else's?
What am I gaining from spending my time and energy with this teacher?
What is this teacher gaining from me?
Do I have relationships with past family and friends?

I'm thinking of my own thinking process I went through when I left Swartz. I was quite young--17. I was in a desperate situation, I had been abused and my mind was controlled by him. I spent secret time walking, crying, smoking cigarettes in the forested area around his cabin in Montana. I was very, very confused. He had convinced me that I was a bad person. He told me I was selfish. I honestly did not know how I could possibly escape. I wracked my mind around it over and over again. Thankfully Swartz had limited my food considerably (being the cheap-ass, ungenerous coward that he was/is) and I became very hungry. My animal survival instincts were activated. I guess it was my selfish nature. I guess I was selfish after all!

It was my selfishness that allowed me to use my brain and think it through. I came to realize (just as Corboy pointed out) that Swartz and his teaching had no value for me.

How was I going to end up if I stayed with him? I thought about my future. I thought about who I was and how I felt before I met him. I thought about who I had become since I had been with him. I didn't like who I had become. I didn't see a good future. I didn't like how I felt inside my body.

That was how I was able to leave.

The body will tell all. My body gave me information that helped my brain to think.

Date: January 01, 2020 05:40AM

I suggest people watch the Leah Remini docuseries called Scientology and the Aftermath.

Leah was deeply entrenched in the Scientology cult for years. She was brought up in the church.

Mike Rinder was a senior executive of the church.

Mike Rinder quite likely had been regarded suspiciously, feared, and possibly loathed by survivors of Scientology because he was instrumental in abusive acts towards people, and he defended the church.

However, Rinder eventually saw the light and left the church.

He now advocates for victims of Scientology--for healing, knowledge, and restitution.

Mike Rinder, though he was in the highest ranks of the organization, was a victim too!

I think we should keep this in mind as an example of how difficult it is to see who is a victim in a cult organization under the control of a cult leader.

I have hope for all people controlled by Swartz.

And I know that he is the controller.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 01, 2020 06:12AM

So, to repeat Corboy's assertion, "James' supposed state of enlightenment is not a state of being free from ego, but a state of the ego being free from conscience."

Traveller attributed a quotation to me that was actually written by zizlz

[forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: zizlz

Date: December 31, 2019 03:54AM

- Advaita Vedanta is an exceptionally valuable system of knowledge, but it can't give you a conscience if you're born without one....

- The way you interpret and apply Vedanta will be affected by your personality. When your personality is low on conscience and empathy and high and manipulativeness, the way you use Vedanta will reflect that. Heather describes the terrible results it can have when Vedanta teachings are used to manipulate people, and the more I get to know about JS and the mindset of his loyal followers, the more plausible Heather's testimony seems to me.

- James' supposed state of enlightenment is not a state of being free from ego, but a state of the ego being free from conscience.

Advaita Vedanta is an exceptionally valuable system of knowledge, but it can't give you a conscience if you're born without one....

Corboy:

So here it is, people. The necessary perquisite before embarking upon Advaita Vedanta is that one must already have empathy and a functioning conscience -- and not discard them as useless baggage.

Any teacher who insinuates that empathy and conscience are burdensome to the advanced student is a teacher best avoided.

Even if he or she is not dangerous, such teachings will attract dangerous people who are attracted by the hunting prospects created when conventional ethics are devalued.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2020 06:37AM by corboy.

Date: January 01, 2020 07:32AM

Peace in the new year.

May we all stand in God's perfect light and in our searches may we marry knowledge and wisdom with truth, love, morality, kindness, and compassion.

Spiritus Sanctus vivificans vite
--Hildegard von Bingen

Spiritus Sanctus vivificans vita,
movens omnia,
et radix est in omni creatura,
ac omnia de immunditia abluit,
tergens crimina,
ac ungit vulnera,
et sic est fulgens ac laudabilis vita,
suscitans et resuscitans omnia.

Holy Spirit,
Giving life to all life,
Moving all creatures,
Root of all things,
Washing them clean,
Wiping out their mistakes,
Healing their wounds,
You are our true life,
Luminous, wonderful,
Awakening the heart from its ancient sleep.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2020 07:38AM by MynameisHeather.

Posted by: earthquake ()
Date: January 01, 2020 10:26AM

There is absolutely no way that Traditional Vedanta teaches that empathy and conscience are obstructions.

This would be cold land of advaita. but not advaita vedanta. it is more modern spiritual by-passing life crap.

Let's look at it. Vedanta is not for sannyas. There is no utility for the world population to take the orange robes. The species would die. So, vedanta is mostly for people who live in society. Families, etc.

How could vedanta say that a parent should nothave empathy or a conscience? What damn world would be formed for that to be taught to kids, and those adults in turn to teach it.

These guys really have not got a clue. They have included that muchcrap to support their own lack of learning, that they dont' know what is what.

Here is another example.

In an e-satsang the other day, James Swartz claims that Swami Dayananda was his teacher. Yes, for TWO WEEKS. And he was threw out for not doing as Swami Dayananda asked.

Persona non grata.

While James Swartz is not lieing about being his student, he is seriously misleading. He has dne this twice over a few months online.

If he is such a great teacher, he does not need to do this. And also, he did not need to go on a megalomanic ego trip and say that Swami Chinmayananda, one of the greatest sages, was getting jealous of him! Like JS claimed in his hyperbole expose.

Haha. crazy wisdom.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2020 10:31AM by earthquake.

Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: January 01, 2020 05:55PM

Traveler99
Sages have warned about how people miss an important point. Persons hear, "There is no individual self, but only the Self," and they begin to think of other persons as 'unreal'. (And why worry about the feelings of an unreal 'non'-thing?)

The thing these persons miss is that, based on these teachings, he or she IS NOT REAL, either. Therefore, his or her desires for sex, drugs, fame, power, or money ("gaining" attachments) are meaningless, too, and can be disregarded, or let go.

James Swartz, consciously, has acted his whole life without conscience because he 'knows' intellectually that all others are not real, so they can be hurt by him with impunity. This is what he teaches, as was first revealed by Heather three years ago, had been mentioned by others previous to that, and has been conclusively demonstrated here on this site even since Sept 2019. The intrinsic foundation of James Swartz's teaching is that 'They aren't real, but I am.' So I matter, and they don't.

I think that's a very astute and important observation.

To all forum members and Shining World members:
I wish you a happy 2020!! May we have purity of heart and clarity of mind.

Posted by: earthquake ()
Date: January 02, 2020 01:54AM

Happy new year to you also! And to all of you. And thank to Heather and Trav.

Posted by: Traveler99 ()
Date: January 02, 2020 12:08PM

Christmas Came Late,
But Santa finally made it
for JAMES SWARTZ,
it Seems.

Many former SW world members are in contact with Heather and her friends. Some of them recently got together and suggested an idea.

To me, it seems wonderful. A full-fledged Documentary Film about James Swartz. It's working title would be "James Swartz -- A True Spiritual Teacher or a Criminal Fraud?"

We know a few documentary makers and directors. The subject is timely. We would interview both sides of the debate, present and past SW persons, JS and Issy themselves, witnesses to JS's past behaviors and statements, and, hopefully, Heather.

Swartz's loyalists would howl, but all the director(s) would say to that would be, "If Swartz is innocent, he has nothing to worry about." (And if he's guilty, then why is he your 'teacher' anyway?)

The film crews could go on to say, "If he really never confessed to killing the neighbor's pet, to serially having sex with multiple widowed sewer cleaners, and didn't confess in writing to knowing all about 'Heather' at the time she claims he was her (raping, drugging) guru," then he'll be fine."

If he hasn't lied for years about his spiritual history, and his teachings are actually credible and not deliberately distorted versions of Advaita Vedanta, then he should be overjoyed about the publicity.

The irony is, Sweet Baby James, guess who has the final say?

Yup. Heather. 'Pepper." Whatever name you want to use for her.

You really picked the wrong 14 year-old girl to mess with, didn't you? (And to paraphrase a query Heather put to you a while back, "Was it worth it?")

To repeat, should the James Swartz Documentary happen, you, James, and Isabella, too, will be given your opportunity to be interviewed for it.
"Wild, Wild Country" gave Sheila plenty of air time. You'll have your chance, too.

What a joy. James, you must be ecstatic. This could be an opportunity to clear your name, and to get lots of free publicity.

Happy New Years, James.

Posted by: BeTrue ()
Date: January 02, 2020 04:13PM

Wow, that was some powerful trolling/gas lighting by team SW to close out the year and some great defense by the regulars on team Truth. Thank you for your knowledge and effort, I continue to learn a lot.

Wishing you all peace of mind, healing, love and clear vision in 2020 :)

Happy New Year!

Current Page: 35 of 75

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.