Current Page: 26 of 75
Re: James Swartz—What is the Truth?
Posted by: BeTrue ()
Date: December 08, 2019 12:50AM

The bottom line for me is that it's important for people who have been traumatized to share their story - in forums like this, with their loved ones, journaling,...anyway they can. There is psychological research that shows that sharing the narrative of past trauma, to the best of our ability, supports the healing process.

We'll never know what happened, only Heather and JS know the truth. Ishvara, the creator, records all actions, and the karmic results, both good and bad, are unavoidable.

I pray for the healing of us all. We all carry lifetimes of trauma. We all carry both light and dark. Our past challenges propelled us into this lifetime, We each have a choice, we can create more discord or bring the light to the dark within and walk towards liberation.

I honor Heather for stepping into this process and sharing her truth. I have no doubt it will help her and I believe she truly wants to protect others from being traumatized.

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Traveler99 ()
Date: December 13, 2019 12:58AM

The Investigations
into James Swartz--
How Did They Come About,
and
What Was Their 'Methodology'

Recently, and in fact since these investigations started almost three years ago in the holiday season of 2016, there have been questions about them. Just to make it clear--and to summarize points and facts given in various previous posts on this message thread-- here is a summary.

Until about three years ago I, "Traveler," knew almost nothing about a teacher called James Swartz. What little I had heard was positive or neutral. Then I heard some disturbing things, accusations that, if true, would place Swartz as a terribly-behaving human being and an utterly unfit spiritual teacher.

Exxcept the rape allegations were over 30 years in the past. How to proceed?

A few ways presented themselves. First, find out if there were other "victims" out there who would come forward if they knew somebody else (Heather) had done so first. Second, gauge Swartz's response to Heather's accusations. Would he respond as a spiritual teacher or a a guilty rapist? Third, what else could be found out about Swartz, as a person and a teacher, that would show him either as being a worthy spiritual guide or as a smarmy, smooth-tongued criminal con man.

To the first, one other victim of Swartz's rapes is known. She, though, up to now, doesn't even want to hear or say his name. To her, he is truly "He whose name cannot be spoken." Heather has had amazing courage to come forward as she has, and who knows what this other woman (who is featured in http://www.reallyguru.com/]"Guru? The Story of Heather"[/url] underwent). It seems like after Heather and the other (at first) underage teenage girl, Swartz moved on to other ways of victimizing persons, though the door is still open for other victims to make contact. (And to hear from one of these would be no surprise.

To the second, Swartz's responses to Heather's articles about her memories of her time with Swartz were those of a guilty man. His threats, his attacks, his inconsistent and fuzzy denials, and more all showed him to be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt to any objective person. Law enforcement officials and psychiatric folks who looked at the articles and Swartz's responses to them (many of these are in the 'Heather' book) with no exceptions agreed that, to summarize, "Based on everything we've seen, James Swartz is guilty as charged by that woman." The law enforcement persons all agreed he should have gone to jail already, and the psychological folks that he needs help, a lot of it, a long time ago.'

As a person and as a spiritual teacher? Our rule was to never accept second-hand information. Our source had to have seen or heard Swartz say or do something. It couldn't be, "Jim said that Swartz did this..." or, worse, "Jim said that John said that Swartz said..." All information had to come from the witness him or her-self. As it turned out, much of what we got came from multiple witnesses, as much of what came out about James Swartz he said to groups of people, repeatedly.

Swartz proudly and publicly proclaimed his poisoning of the neighbor's dog. He did likewise with his serial sexual antics with the widowed sewer cleaners in India. His own writings show how he treats and discards people, especially women, as he finds them to be no longer useful.

More and more came about about the falseness of Swartz's spiritual history. The teachers and groups he claims to hail from and to be (sort of) in the lineage of, have disclaimed him. He has been disavowed. His 'translations' of Indian sacred texts have been shown to be poor and to be fraudulent, even to the extent of leaving out at least one verse of the Bhagavad Gita. His behavior as a "spiritual teacher,' bullying followers and publicly demeaning other, more popular teachers, is incredibly in poor taste, and is not something a 'real' spiritual teacher does.

As with everything else, all of these points, and others, come direct from people. They are not second or third hand.

So why aren't people named? Bizarrely, every witness is strong in saying words to the effect of, 'Don't use my name. He's a mean and vindictive SOB.' Some members of his group have privately let us know that 'We believe Heather is telling the truth, and are withdrawing from being with Swartz.' But they do it quietly, not wanting this angry pitbull of bad energy launching false accusations at them.

Heather stays anonymous. Her co-victim stays silent and hidden. All the witnesses want total confidentiality, which in my role here as "Investigative Journalist" I totally respect and hold to.

I myself was originally going to confront Swartz in public, but held back at the request of a spiritual teacher. This wise teacher said, "I've never heard of this James Swartz until you told me about him. But you are connected to me, and if you do these things publicly, he will attack me to attack you. So, please, don't do this!"

For her sake, I agreed. No public confrontation, and nothing under my name. Hence, "Traveler" was born.

NOTE:
At least one person thought, or thinks still, that I am a disguised Be Scofield. That is absolute poppycock, as a close examination of Be's writings and doings would show. In fact, I didn't know of Be Scofield until another friend of Heather recommended enlisting her support to share the truth about James Swartz. Be Scofield has a huge reader-base, much larger than what 'Traveler' and his threads have, so this made much sense. (This also shows that, if I were Be and wanted to go after Swartz, why would I do so as the quite-unknown 'Traveler' instead of as 'myself,' who is read by tens, maybe hundreds, of thousands of persons. For Be Scofield to do this would make no sense.)

Be Scofield, by the way, has yet to write a word about James Swartz. Perhaps egotistically, I'd like to think that's because she thinks that we have done such a thorough and exemplary job of researching him already. More likely, though, it's just as much because she's too busy going after much bigger fish, and that Swartz is just too small-time for her.

Okay. So that's how the investigations into James Swartz were started, and a quick account of how they were conducted.

May this be of help to someone(s).

Posted by: Aenas ()
Date: December 13, 2019 02:19AM

My name is Aenas and I have been studying with James for about five years. I have met many very educated and compassionate people along the way at James seminars. My life has truly changed in unimaginable ways to the better thanks to James exposition of Advaita Vedanta. He is certainly not a "perfect" human from vegan/save the world point of view but the most generous, loving and calm person I have met in my life in the Western world! (And I have met many spiritual teachers before)
I would have been giving up the spiritual quest if it would not have been for him. What he has done to the Western world is unimaginable! He brought hundreds of students from USA, Europe and Australia and even some Indians to Advaita Vedanta. That is amazing! I would have never come across Advaita Vedanta if it would not been for him. If you want to take down James, then be aware of his positive impact in the spiritual world!
Indian Vedanta teachers are great, but not if you are a beginner. As a beginner we need somebody who speaks our language and is faced with the same issues we face in the West, in order to relate properly. James does speak our language and knows what our problems are, for example low self esteem in Westerners, his representation of vedanta is flawless as far as I can see, and I can say this because i have read the works of swami Paramarthananda, and attended seminars by Neema subsequently to make sure about this fact.
In any case, I read this forum and the ebook carefully, and despite the initial shock, I cannot say that i find the case convincing. Why? Most of the language in the ebook seems tabloid style and many posts in the forum seem to be seeped in hatred, which implies emotional issues are involved by the members.
Plus, i have lived with james very closely for several months and i have never seen anything that would pinpoint james to be able or willing to do such adharmic actions.
These are just my two cents and I hope they won't get deleted right away as other members have been threatened with before in this thread.

Posted by: earthquake ()
Date: December 13, 2019 03:55AM

'Aenas'
-------------------------------------------------------
> My name is Aenas and I have been studying with
> James for about five years.

Hello Aenas,

Thankyou for the reply. And also, for your private message dated a couple of weeks ago. I've just read it. In the interests of openness for the forum, there is a stark contrast between your private message to me, and your public message here.

In private, you were very supportive of the vedantic teachings I have shared in this topic, that JS is not teaching accurately. However in your response here, you have went the complete opposite. Actually suggesting that people like me are wrong.

It isn't possible to be wrong about his inaccurate teachings, for they are public record. As is Vedanta.

Your private message to me instantly looked to me like you were trying to create a rapport, in order to draw me out. And find my identity. I'm not important person, and I might just say who I am soon, and provide much detailed evidence of the cult manipulation of Shiningworld. It wont' matter what may be threw at me, as direct evidence, is well, evidence that can't be ignored.

'Aenas'
I have met many very
> educated and compassionate people along the way at
> James seminars. My life has truly changed in
> unimaginable ways to the better thanks to James
> exposition of Advaita Vedanta. He is certainly not
> a "perfect" human from vegan/save the world point
> of view but the most generous, loving and calm
> person I have met in my life in the Western world!

I might be inclined to believe that you believe this. And that is fine. But that hardly invalidates anything contrary. All it means is that you have not got close enough, been openly targeted, or more likely, you are under the cultist control. I know, because myself and many others where. The definition of being in a cult, and brainwashed means the people in it are blind to it. It is only by sheer providence that some have broke free. But it has always been very traumatic for them.

'Aenas'
> (And I have met many spiritual teachers before)
> I would have been giving up the spiritual quest if
> it would not have been for him. What he has done
> to the Western world is unimaginable! He brought
> hundreds of students from USA, Europe and
> Australia and even some Indians to Advaita
> Vedanta. That is amazing!

My purpose for posting here, is out of compassion for you. The above quote is hyerbole. It is not true at all. The system that Shiningworld teaches is not traditional vedanta. It matters not that they market it as such. It is not. Within those teachings there are currently a myriad of teachings that are not traditional vedanta, and are classed as modern vedanta.

Modern vedanta has its place. But we simply cannot guarantee the effectiveness of expressions of vedanta that has been changed in such a way that the pramana is not doing what it is meant to.

It is true, that there are many applause to Shningworld, but these are largely by those that do not know any better. It is only when one exposes themselves to accurate vedanta, that the difference is immense.

Now, Isvara, has a place for SW. So that is God's business. Not mine. But it is okay to talk about facts. In my own posts, I have wrote facts. Never my personal opinion. They are vedantic facts.

'Aenas'

I would have never come
> across Advaita Vedanta if it would not been for
> him. If you want to take down James, then be aware
> of his positive impact in the spiritual world!

He, and her, are taking SW down. No-one else. And the more they are reacting, on their website, and having 'independent' people come on here, the more this movement is being fed. Galvanised.

'Aenas'
> Indian Vedanta teachers are great, but not if you
> are a beginner. As a beginner we need somebody who
> speaks our language and is faced with the same
> issues we face in the West, in order to relate
> properly. James does speak our language and knows
> what our problems are, for example low self esteem
> in Westerners...

That is what Isabella tells everyone. It isn't true. For a start, vedanta can be taught to anyone, anywhere in any language. And here we have another distortion and evidence of no clear understanding of vedanta by SW.

Vedanta is gave by God, for the world. Which means it is for everyone. Which means it can be understood by anyone. I am telling you that whether a teacher is eskimo or martian, it doesnt matter. And whether the student, is white, black, brown or green, it matters not also. Any teacher will relate to the audience appropriately. It is not big deal whatsoever. And for SW to perpetuate that JS is some kind of VEdantic knight templar, is ridiculous.

And this is another symptom. That they perpetuate this fallacy of being important. They are simply a tool that Isvara seems to have use for , or at least, did. I get it, they are never done publishing so called students lovely support on how magestic they are. Pure ego trip. Marketing hyperbole.

'Aenas'
his representation of vedanta is
> flawless as far as I can see, and I can say this
> because i have read the works of swami
> Paramarthananda, and attended seminars by Neema
> subsequently to make sure about this fact.

I don't know what way to express this, lol. Anyone reading anything means nothing in vedanta. the starting correct perspective is moksha, enlightenment. then the person will see easier. Your above quote is something Swami Chinmaynanada would say. It's not about srananam alone. It's about using the teachings. Vichara, inquiry.

If what you said was true, then everything I have posted is not true. The fact is you said the above from your own perspective, with conditioning. Anything in regard to vedanta I have wrote is vedanta. This person typing, is not involved. My own personal opinions, if they exist, mean nothing. Vedanta is objective.

'Aenas'

> In any case, I read this forum and the ebook
> carefully, and despite the initial shock, I cannot
> say that i find the case convincing. Why? Most of
> the language in the ebook seems tabloid style and
> many posts in the forum seem to be seeped in
> hatred, which implies emotional issues are
> involved by the members.

As I tirelessly point out, an author has creative control to write in any way they see fit. That in itself means nothing in regard to the veracity of any subject matter. One must attempt to use critical thinking here.

I've took a sigh. Thankyou so much for recoqnising the hurt and pain of the victims that are speaking out in this protective environment. It means a lot to me that you can see the hurt.

It is really appropriate for heather to be traumatised. Can we get real here? Must one human try to invalidate another, sinmply because they carry openly trauma of child abuse?

You have got no way at all of knowing whether she had this torment imposed on her. So what do you do? You are in a time machine, of course. You know what happened? God God, I am sorry. But you people are shameful. Neither you, nor anyone else has the authority to say or imply she is telling lies, and posting out of hurt. Damn right she is posting out hurt. Though that hardly means she is lieing. This is surreal.

As for me. I was severely hurt by them. Though conditioning is resolved in all things. That being said, it is definitely dharmic for this topic to keep going. Which is why I am back. I think you have spoke about adharma...

'Aenas'
> Plus, i have lived with james very closely for
> several months and i have never seen anything that
> would pinpoint james to be able or willing to do
> such adharmic actions.

Are you speaking about the Carbondale Gita, last year? For that was several months, and he was very adharmic multiple times there. He will read this, and he will know. I can't openly say, as it would involve confidences. But he was shameful as a teacher at times...

...James, there are areas that a Vedanta teacher should not butt their noses into. Particularly when their own conditioning, rears it's head. Conditioning that one would expect to have resolved, after years of BRahman-Jnanam btw.

Anyhow, again, just becuase you never witnessed anything doesnt mean things havnt happened. This isn't the Truman Show. You aint the authority on all of his life, 24/7. :) .

'Aenas'

> These are just my two cents and I hope they won't
> get deleted right away as other members have been
> threatened with before in this thread.

You are implying that there is intolerance toward alternate opinion on here. You would of course saw, that staff have moderated in line with the forum terms and conditions. Opinion is allowed, but flaming and in particular trying to get people to reveal their identity is not.

The person who has moderated this thread, is a world renowned expert on Cult's. He knows what he is doing in regard to people trying to destroy whistle blowers.

This topic went a little quiet for a while. And SW members told me that JS posted an e-satang in regard to this topic over the last week or so. It was in regard to someone coming on here to post.

JS and IS, you are glutton for punishment, lol. There will be a time when a collection of abused former students will present to the world, how your cult is working. It's spiritual manipulation. Control of personal lives. And the cheery on the cake, both of you manipulating sums of cash out of students, for your own personal gain. And throwing those students aside. Quite recently. You both know what I am talking about.

Thankyou for bringing me back...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2019 04:00AM by earthquake.

Date: December 13, 2019 04:31AM

Here is the link to the recent post, I assume is about this topic. Must be talking about you Trav.

[www.shiningworld.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2019 04:32AM by earthquake.

Posted by: Aenas ()
Date: December 13, 2019 05:14AM

Thanks Earthquake,

I appreciate your post. Indeed I cannot claim to know with 100% accuracy if my understanding of Advaita Vedanta is correct, That is because I have come across numerable ways of teaching it. Dayananda taught it differently than Chinmaya, Tapovan was criticized by other vedanta teachers. Many of the shankara monasteries frown upon those who teach Vedanta in English, and swami Paramarthananda jokingly said it is a blessing not to know sanskrit because knowing it reveals further points of possible arguments in the way to teach it. However what I do understand is the basic vichara of satya and mithya. This is the basic and most important teaching I see among the known teachers. James teaches it every single time and I have not seen fault with his representations from what I have read from swami Paramarthananda and Neema. Plus, I know wonderful people who benefited greatly from James teaching, they are very truly amazing souls and they only speak highly about James. There are no sign of abuse that those people came across, they told me.

If you can make a list of how James teaches incorrectly, I would, as i wrote in my private message to you, benefit from it greatly as it would help me and my friends understand vedanta better. I and they would be delighted about it. As James said multiple times, the great benefit of vedanta is that it is impersonal, free of the teacher.

Ps. No, I have not been to Carbondale, nor watched the videos. Thus, I don't know if he was adharmic and in what way he was adharmic. If you could provide more details I would be delighted.

Date: December 13, 2019 06:43AM

'Aenas'
>
> I appreciate your post. Indeed I cannot claim to
> know with 100% accuracy if my understanding of
> Advaita Vedanta is correct, That is because I have
> come across numerable ways of teaching it.

Every teacher will teach in his own way. However, that doesn't mean anything goes.

'Aenas'

> Dayananda taught it differently than Chinmaya,
> Tapovan was criticized by other vedanta teachers.

The problem for Pujya Swamiji was that even though he was in effect, the 'main' student of Swami Chinmayananda, Pujya Swamiji never attained moksha. This was after ten years. The difference in teaching is so very important. Pujya Swamiji was told to sit there, and listen. And meditate. Something JS said he was also told many times.

It does not work like that. And even after 10 years, Pujya Swamiji did not attain enlightenment. It is only when he found otu what was lacking, that is changed. Upon returning to Swami Chinmanayananda, his guru still did not teach him what was needed. Instead, he was sent to another Guru!

Pujya Swamiji learned what he should have been taught. Came back and studied the Gita and Shankaracharya's works. And that was that. However. JS did not learn it. And the reason we know is because Swami Chinmayananda was not teaching it. And, JS tried to learn under Pujya Swamiji, but Swamiji threw him out of class after two weeks. So JS was never actually taught this vital part of Vedanta.

The difference is not a subtle one. And at the advanced levels it is all about the subtleties.

'Aenas'
> Many of the shankara monasteries frown upon those
> who teach Vedanta in English, and swami
> Paramarthananda jokingly said it is a blessing not
> to know sanskrit because knowing it reveals
> further points of possible arguments in the way to
> teach it.

In the tradition, what one teacher says is generally not commented on, as it can be took out of context. And As i don't know Swamiji's context I cannot directly respond. This is because any meaning is not a universal meaning. Vedanta deals with the lakshyartha, the implied meaning, as much as anything.

I can speak about Shankaracharya in Bhaja Govindham. Admonishing an old man who spent his life being a sanksrit scholar.

However, Guadapada and indeed Shankaracharya had very important challenges made against them and Vedanta, by others.

Sanskrit is taught within traditional vedanta, and it is very important, for it's precision. Which is why it is taught.

None of these points invalidate another point with any other teacher. It is all about context. Shankaracharya warns us not to take one sentence and see the meaning. Nor one paragraph. But the whole text.

'Aenas'

However what I do understand is the
> basic vichara of satya and mithya. This is the
> basic and most important teaching I see among the
> known teachers. James teaches it every single time
> and I have not seen fault with his representations
> from what I have read from swami Paramarthananda
> and Neema.

The basic inquiry between satya and mithya, this discrimination, is not the most important teaching in vedanta, in itself. It is what Shiningworld do try to perpetuate. And it is incomplete. I have worked with many who have remained suffering, due to their incomplete teachings.

The problem is that discrimination between satya and mithya, is the middle step. Binary. Advaita is not binary. It is advaita. And moksha is advaaita.

It is here that the discrimination, or rather, the utility of it melts away. The wave understands that it was never seperate nor different from the Ocean. To be free of dvaita, duality, the waves stops seeing waves. And only Ocean. Or water. So, there is only Brahman. The vision of vedanta is advaita. Not binary. And here the utility of the concept mithya has not validity. Neither does Satya. DVaita does not exist, so the concept of advaita has no usefulness.

It is best summed up in the foundational teaching of vedanta. Cause and effect. Effect is not different nor seperate from cause. So we drop 'effect'. Since we drop 'effect' we also drop the need for the word 'cause'. So there is no cause and effect. And here we are in Mandukya terroritory. Ajativada.

There is nothing created from one thing to another. Going beyond Satya and mithya is important. One still retains the utility of Dvaita, per Ajativada, however, it is know that there is no mithya. At no time is the wave ever separate or different from Ocean. And this is because of the aikyum, both are water.

'Aenas'

Plus, I know wonderful people who
> benefited greatly from James teaching, they are
> very truly amazing souls and they only speak
> highly about James. There are no sign of abuse
> that those people came across, they told me.

Yes. And you are talking someone now, who knows a growing number of people who have been abused and traumatised by their manipulation. People hero worship JS and IS. But when they don't do as they are expected, the typical cult behaviour comes into play against the person.

'Aenas'
>
> If you can make a list of how James teaches
> incorrectly, I would, as i wrote in my private
> message to you, benefit from it greatly as it
> would help me and my friends understand vedanta
> better. I and they would be delighted about it.

I've wrote extensively in this topic. You can see all message I have wrote.

'Aenas'
As
> James said multiple times, the great benefit of
> vedanta is that it is impersonal, free of the
> teacher.

That is the way a teacher is meant to be. The fact, is, that you have not been close enough to them in private. If you had of, and you are a truthful person, you would not write what you have. They have been absoltuely crazy both to themselves in front of other students, and also in regard to other students.

For people being so impersonal, over the last few years they have made very public, publisised attacks on students. It is a common cult tactic. To isolate and invalidate, anyone who does not do as they are told. Google signs of a cult, and see if this paragraph is wrong. SW cannot rewrite history, as much evidence against them is their on words, that has been gathered.

'Aenas'

>
> Ps. No, I have not been to Carbondale, nor watched
> the videos. Thus, I don't know if he was adharmic
> and in what way he was adharmic. If you could
> provide more details I would be delighted.

I told you I cant as that would reveal confidences. And it wasnt a comment to you really. I am usually talking directly to them. As I know who is reading and what they are all scheming. Against former and current students.

You mentioned adharma. And I know that they are trying to market this as adharmic. It is not. What is happening is the culmination of years of abuse of students. I cannot genuinely verify what Heather is saying. I wasn't there. I have told her directly that I can see much of JS on what she writes. There is not doubt she knew him. So , truly support her, totally. I do know what happened to me. And I also was witness, to many other students, who in the course of recent times have came to me, to verify what I have been been told.

Victims are scared. And if you are genuinely, truly, dharmic, and a good person, you will respect that they are scared.

To be honest, the fact you tried to invalidate what heather said simply cause of the way Trav wrote the book, and the way she is upset here, as well as others, is clearly showing your own conditioning. You are not objective in this. You tried to say to me in PM you where, but you are clearly not. And now you are trying to imply you are again. Which is ok. :)

I know personally over 30 former students, who have been abused. It is unfortunate I feel, that they dont be open. I would stand with them openly also. I Will wait for them. And we can create something that the world can see and understand.

I will share one teaching that is very wrong. Isabella taught this, and it is published online. That nididhyasana, never ends for jiva.

According to Swami that teach tradtitional vedanta, if the teachings have been correct and there is enough nididhyasanam it does indeed end. This is sadhana, and the enlightened person has no need for sadhana. Also. in Drik Drysha Viveka, it made clear that jnani, enlightened person, is sahaja samadhi. That is that no matter what is saw or experienced, knowing one is Brahman is constant. There is therefore no need for nididhyansa, and it does end. Scripture is correct in what it is directly saying here.

This goes back to the earlier teaching on binary to advaita, I mentioned.

Just one of the top of my head, that I wanted to point out to JS and IS.

:)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2019 06:52AM by earthquake.

Posted by: Traveler99 ()
Date: December 13, 2019 06:50AM

Two "Thank Yous"
and an
"Oh, my!"

First the "Oh, My!"

When I first saw a post by Aenas (there are now two by this person) I thought, "Is that supposed to be Aeneas, the Trojan hero, or Anus, as in butthole?" Reading the first post, it became clear that the person was either James Swartz himself or someone inexperienced enough, and deluded enough, to think James Swartz had something worthwhile to teach. (That is, this person might be similar to Darryl "Daz" Snaychuk in thinking that he knows something when really all it seems he understands is the teachings of James Swartz, which in the spiritual world is like being a one-legged man in a butt-kicking context.)

Then came the second post, and this person-- Aenas/Aeneas/Anus/whatever-- seemed more like James Swartz himself. This person displayed knowledge most gullible beginners wouldn't have. Plus, he is trying again to get Earthquake to give hints about things which might show his/ her identity. A--s even asks for a list of Swartz's perceived flaws as a teacher, even after, in earlier posts, Earthquake had listed quite a few of these in much detail. (Others have, too.)

As go flaws which are some of my personal pet peeves, Swartz's written words show he himself has no clue what an "Awakening" is. That is bad enough, but due to this he tries to take the heart and the 'anubhava' out of Advaita. Without those, you can end up with Swartz's--amoral persons who do whatever they want based on a solely mental understanding of the teachings. In fact, the lives of people like James Swartz show why for many centuries these teachings were hidden from aspirants until they had attained some degree of ethical and spiritual clarity. Without that, the teachings can be misused, as Swartz has demonstrated since the 1970's.

Now to the "Thank You's." The first "Thank You" is to Earthquake, who so thoroughly and wonderfully dissected the posts by A--s. To me, Earthquake's responses were masterful. Plus, he maintained a degree of civility which I would have likely found difficult. (In particular I agree that the assertions that "No Indian can properly teach Advaita" to a westerner are ridiculous. Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta for two totally disprove that notion.)
"
The second "Thank You" is also to Earthquake. I don't look at Swartz's site often. I find it too distasteful. However, Earthquake's link took me directly to the piece that was aimed at me. If anyone ever doubts the veracity of the letters from James Swartz to me in "Guru? The Story of Heather" read that piece. Swartz's recent writing is exactly the same in style, language, message, and intent as the messages sent to me back in 2017. He's the same bastard now he was then, which is not a surprise. There has been no hint that he's "seen the light," so to speak.

Dear Moderator, if you are checking--and you always do--it seems obvious that the posts of Aenas/Aeneas/Anus are actually self-promotions by Swartz or a cloned stooge, but perhaps you could leave those two since they give a reference point to Earthquake's excellent (refuting) responses?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2019 07:18AM by Traveler99.

Posted by: MynameisHeather ()
Date: December 13, 2019 08:15AM

Panos wrote:

I don’t mind and I don’t care If James or any other teacher is not clean as Himalayan water to be qualified to teach what he knows…. Shall we cancel all Jesus teachings because he fell in love with Mary Magdalene?... Anyway I see a pattern here that reminds me scammers…. It won’t sock me if I learn that you asking him money or else you won’t stop…. Or if this not the case…. Come out with your name like a man and press charges against him with heather and a good lawyer.

These are words from James Swartz. Swartzian language.

You sure are a "dim bulb" Jimmy boy...if I may use one of your lovely phrases.

But I guess you have to keep trying.

Such an ugly troll.

Posted by: MynameisHeather ()
Date: December 13, 2019 08:17AM

Beware of PMs (personal messages).

Swartz puts decoys out to try to lure people in...

Current Page: 26 of 75

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.