Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: SAMAEL GNOSTIC MOVEMENT
Posted by: Keir ()
Date: January 21, 2009 08:10AM

quest
But I still have a lot in my mind that believes it.
It is because the propaganda & polemics has been implanted in your subconcious mind.
Fear is one of the stronegst emotions (self preservation is in our DNA given by nature).
Alot of these mind manipulative groups exploits this fear self preservation.
It will take time to remove the propaganda from your subconcious mind. But it can be done.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: notanantiGnostic ()
Date: January 21, 2009 08:28AM

Remember when we talk about things like Subconscious, ego etc that refer to who the human psyche and personality work to through out the meanings of these words that are used by people in the cult that you come from.

It is really disgusting that they insult psychology and the ideas that have been generated over the years yet they use those ideas at the same time.

Date: January 22, 2009 07:24AM

Sometimes I feel its important to reclaim these words from these groups.
Yes you are right its quite disguisting on how they perverse the original psychological meaning of these terms.

Infact it has been written by cult watch experts and known as "cult speak" or "cult speech".

To qoute from a cult watch site:
"5. Cult-speak.
The cult has its own language. The cult invents new terminology or euphemisms for many things. The cult may also redefine many common words to mean something quite different. Cult-speak is also called "bombastic redefinition of the familiar", or "loading the language". ......... "

source: [www.orange-papers.org]

Posted by: quest ()
Date: January 22, 2009 10:20AM

yes the language is loaded.

But the thing is why do people fall for it? Why do we let oursleves be coersed by a teacher or a "superior"? The problem is we dont question enough and challenge whats being said. People manipulate speech and words all the time to get people to belive them or change their way of thinking. What makes us so vunrable to being controlled?

It must be because of fear. Fear of not being part of a group, or to be liked, or want salvation, fear of God, fear of punishment etc.. These groups work on people's fears of life and death.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 22, 2009 07:45PM

Within this Web site archive there is information about how destructive groups get people to believe them and change their way of thinking.

Such groups use techniques of coercive persuasion.

See [www.culteducation.com]

These methods are not the same as those used through speeach and words in the other types of persuasion such as education, advertising, propaganda or indoctrination.

The distinctions between coersive persuadion/thought reform and other means of persuasion are discussed and the distinctions drawn by the clinical psychologist Margeret Singer in the above linked material.

It's important not to mistakingly blame the victims of destructive groups, but rather more closely examine the groups and understand what they do.

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

We can also be careful to understand and watch for warning signs regarding the behavior and structure of destructive groups.

It is true that people victimized by destructive groups often are going through a particularly vulnerable time when they are first recruited by a group. But all of us go through such vulnerable times.

At the time people are recruited by destructive groups they may be struggling with feelings of loneliness, isolation or depressed over some personal, family or work situation. For example, new recruits may be college students away from home for the first time in a new environment.

Those recruited may also be persuaded by someone that is a trusted friend, family member or co-worker, that is already a member of the group.

It is important to question and challenge what people say, but it is specifically important to gain a better understanding of the mechanics and methodology of persuasion used by destructive groups to avoid their recruitment efforts.

Date: January 23, 2009 02:28AM

I just had some thoughts about one of the points of warnings signs created by Rick Ross.

10. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

From my experience being with the Gnostic Movement led by Mark Pritchard (who claims to be Belzebuub). I believe that they create and feel an illusion of this going on. I assume that something similar happens for other Samael Aun Weor groups.

They believe they are learning and exploring things for themselves by looking into the astral (or dreamstate) and by reading books of other traditions, such as buddhism or Hinduism. However they really limit themselves by only reading certain writings and avoiding the modern incarnations of those religions, because they are believe to be corrupt. This is very interesting with Buddhism, which they seem to admire at a superficial level. If they only got the massage of being a slave to no one and only accepting what is right to you they would have to reject the whole devine master thing.

In regards to the astral I thing they really bias what they see or experience there because they prepare themselves for what they expect to see and if anyone has experiences that don't fit with the believe system then they are rejected or at least that experience is seen as a mistake that needs to be corrected.

All the other warning signs seem to be pretty strong from my experience.

Date: January 25, 2009 04:29AM

Just wanted to let you know I have started a forum to critique the works of Mark H. Pritchard who leads The Gnostic Movement/Gnosticweb, in case anyone was interested.

There isn't any analysis of the books yet, just general comments but i will post more information shortly.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: Free_955 ()
Date: February 09, 2009 04:12PM

I talked about their philosophy (how they were a cult) on the astral dynamics forum, who were very friendly and helpful.

But Gnosticweb tracked the messages down and made a litigation and defamation threat, just for me telling the truth.

I sent messages to some users on youtube, giving solid reasons why it was a mythomania cult. But they were still brainwashed. They all said something like

"you are distorting the information you do not understand"

or

"That is not true. Belzebuub clearly says"

or

"what you say is not based on experience"

I'm just going to leave them alone and let other people deal with them. There's nothing I can do, because it isn't my problem that they are a stupid cult.

Date: February 12, 2009 05:40AM

You just have to be careful on your use of words thats all.

Its generally not good ideal to out forth call a group a cult (even though it is true).
Best to use words like "cultish" or "its in my opinion that its a cult" etc.

Posted by: Free_955 ()
Date: February 12, 2009 06:35PM

Its really hard to be diplomatic and considering when you find out what Gnosticweb really is.

At times, I would get dizzy and nauseous. When I felt sick, this bad voice would tell me that this is your egos making you sick. Throwing up is repenting

People who leave organizations like this often have delusions afterwards.

Ex. solipsism, depersonalization, derealization. Especially with Ramtha's Quantim Alice in Wonderland physics.

What do you think of these? How are they treated? Did the same happen to any of you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 06:44PM by Free_955.

Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.