Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rick Ross forcing himself upon people?
Posted by: Greg Slidel ()
Date: March 16, 2006 08:27AM

I found this interesting article at: [www.culteducation.com]

And, I'm wondering who is the cult here!

Mr Ross doesn't seem to understand that God has given people the right to believe whatever it is they decide to believe...God Himself doesn't FORCE His views on anybody because He is Love.

It looks like Mr Ross doesn't believe in God's gift of free will.
If someone wants to worship a rock, they have every right to do so.

How about that money judgement? You going to do the right thing and pay the young man for kidnapping and false imprisonment?

Mr Ross, are you even a Christian?
Seems strange that you don't apprear to be following anything out of the Bible in your business...is it all about money?

What's your agenda...really?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 16, 2006 08:52AM

Read the rest.

You have stopped in the middle of the story.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

The young man said he was "used" by Scientology.

Posted by: zaflon ()
Date: March 16, 2006 10:56AM

I don't see the issue here. People can believe whatever they want: true. But many people take advantage of the, 'religious urge' in man to exploit and abuse.

Many cults and 'iffy' groups have there own forum where they come over all whiter than white. While others have closed BBS where they, 'exchange' information and plan persecution of ex members who won't take the abuse lying down.

I know of a group that is making a, 'black list' of ex members to attempt to keep them off as many forum as possible. I know of a forum linked to the same group that allows postings it KNOWS to be false, yet brands any attempt to post a reply that points this out as, 'Trolling' and threatens having them thrown off their ISP.

RR forum is about the only place on the interweb where you can tell your story, and with luck, warn others.

Paranoid? Nope, I can prove all this via documents and recordings of telephone calls I have.

ZaFl0N

Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: March 16, 2006 02:12PM

Greg,

I am a little bit perplexed as to where you are going with your arguement towards RR here.

I understand that Christianity is dear to you as it is to me, and so therefore, so would be its doctrines such as the gift of free will.

Primarily, this board and site from my understanding is about raising awareness about coercive persuasion which is an attack on a person's free will.

I value free will as the greatest gift we all have. Conversly, the greatest inhumanity is restricting a person from exercising their free will.

Free will can be restricted either physically through force or more subtely through psychological means.

This board is not interested in passing judgement on how a victim of coercive pursuasion found him/herself in the situation but is interested in how the person can be returned back to a state of exercising his/her free will again, free of the coerciveness of the abuser or abusing organisation.

Using your analogy of allowing a person through free will to worship a "rock" if they want to - Fine. However, this board is about helping those who have been deceived by another person or organisation through the use of unethical psychological means to believe in "the rock", where such belief is:
1. Against what the person would have believed prior to the precipitating coercive relationship;

2. Is causing either physical, emotional, psychological, spiritual, financial and relationships harm.

As a Christian, I can state that this topic does have spiritual association in as much as the victim needs to be spiritually liberated from the affliction of abuse. Psychological and emotional liberation is also required.

Most abuse victims in this area suffer from an existential crisis as part of their healing process. What also assists in the healing process is the re-awakening of the person's reasoning faculties, allowing the person to make correct judgements as regards to their place in the world and the meaning of life.

Christianity does not provide all the answers in this case. A believer may pray for assistance, but as in the case of a gravely ill person, a believer does more than pray - a doctor is consulted and medication or surgery is prescribed. Neither the medication or the surgery techniques are given in the Bible. It is also not necessary for a Christian to have a Christian doctor to perform the surgey.

Such is the case here. The recovery techniques of coercive pursuasion through pschological manipulation are not given in the Bible. The primary cause of coercive persuasion is pschological manipulation and its antidote in many situations is through the ethical use of psychology. As is the case with the doctor, it is not relivent for the operator of a site like this to be of any religious persuasion.

[b:7eefa50e3a]The overarching issue as to why Christianity or any other faith based religion is not promoted as an antidote to coercive pursasion is that it would not be ethical to do so for the following reasons:[/b:7eefa50e3a]
1. A victim in recovery is usually in a delicate psychological state and to offer a Christian brand of meaning of life at this time when the person's reasoning and judgement has been abused is in itself, coercive and potentially taking advantage of the situation for evangelical purposes - in effect, you would be doing exactly what the cult leaders were doing to the victim;

2. Much coercive pursasion is indeed done in religious environments including Christianity and to make an attempt to "convert" a person at time of recovery may trigger the person psychologically causing what is known as an "abreaction" and subsequent psychological breakdown.

3. Christianity or any other form of relgion as a coercive persuasion antidote for a victim in recovery who is from another faith is not relivent to the person who is probably in a phenominological state of mind, preventing them from hearing or understanding yet another paradigm.

Therefore, if anyone wants to evangelise their brand of religion, it is best to do it on level ground where the principles of the religion can be tested against reason without coercion to people who have not be psychologically abused. This wesite is not the appropriate environment for evangelisation.

Oz

Posted by: nccg_concern ()
Date: March 17, 2006 12:37AM

Greg Slidel
GaRbAgE

pff

Posted by: spectrum ()
Date: March 17, 2006 12:31PM

nccg_concern
Greg Slidel
GaRbAgE

pff
Greg and Nccg Concern:
[b:d88ce5be51][i:d88ce5be51]Now, now, now, children! Be [u:d88ce5be51]nice[/u:d88ce5be51] to each other. Everyone has a right to their opinion![/i:d88ce5be51][/color:d88ce5be51][/b:d88ce5be51]

Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: March 17, 2006 01:43PM

Rick is providing a great service to the citizens of America. He and his site provide an enormously valuable source of information about the dangers of mind control cults. Rick has been nothing but open about his activities, past and present; just the fact that he has posted articles about himself on his own site shows that he is open about who he is and keeping the channels of communication flowing. Rick has done a tremendous service to this woman and her family by helping bring her children out of a cultic group.
From one of the articles:
"Meanwhile, Scott has reunited with his mother, who hired Ross to do the deprogramming, and has fired his attorney, Kendrick Moxon, a member of the Church of Scientology, which has a history of opposing Ross. Scott’s new attorney is Graham Berry, who is well-known for his role in litigation against the Church of Scientology."

Rick is the kind of person that is welcome to eat at my dinner table anytime.

Keep up the great work Rick; we really appreciate all your efforts to keep freedom and liberty alive.

Peace,
Matt

Posted by: nccg_concern ()
Date: March 17, 2006 02:53PM

spectrum
[b:6167026b04][i:6167026b04]Now, now, now, children! Be [u:6167026b04]nice[/u:6167026b04] to each other. Everyone has a right to their opinion![/i:6167026b04][/color:6167026b04][/b:6167026b04]

Yes they sure do. And as autonomous people who choose to voice those opinions among their selected audience, they also have the right to experience the consequences, if any, of voicing them.

Posted by: windofchanges ()
Date: March 17, 2006 11:33PM

Rick Ross is one of the VERY FEW willing to walk through incredible obstacles (and lawsuits!) rather than back down to intimidation. He is taking the shots for many people who are more fearful or anxious about protecting their money and reputations. In so doing, he is preserving our rights to express the opinions that are on this Forum and elsewhere. If that's an "agenda," it's an admirable one and a great service.

Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: March 18, 2006 12:04AM

Greg Slidel
Mr Ross, are you even a Christian?
quote]

Are you implying that there is something wrong with NOT being a Christian?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.