The Berkley Psychic Institute, The Church of Divine Man and The Psychosynthesis Trust
Posted by: viceversa ()
Date: October 23, 2018 06:58PM

Hello,

This is my first time posting to this forum.

I am an independent documentary film maker living and working in London. I am researching for a documentary about shamanic practice in London and am struggling to track down some leads I have. Some of the practitioners that I have been talking to have studied at The Berkley Psychic Institute, The Church of Divine Man and The Psychosynthesis Trust. I am trying to find out about the validity of these practices but can only find information from the institutes themselves. I have found a small amount of information on Dr. Lewis Bostwick but need to know more about what kind of man he was. Any information that the good people of this forum have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Berkley Psychic Institute, The Church of Divine Man and The Psychosynthesis Trust
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 23, 2018 09:32PM

Dear vv:

Welcome.

The CEI message board has been active for many years.

Here is a list of older posts for Bostwick.

[forum.culteducation.com]

To do additional searches, put in your search terms and select "all dates."

Good luck with your project - sounds very interesting.

Re: The Berkley Psychic Institute, The Church of Divine Man and The Psychosynthesis Trust
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 23, 2018 09:47PM

In the late 1970s there was a psychosynthesis group in San Francisco.

They ran into very serious problems. Am mentioning this in case it may have
affected the Psychic Institute or caused people to change allegiances from that particular psychosynthesis group to the Psychic Institute.

This was presented as a case by Dr. Arthur Deikman as a chapter in a book entitled Spiritual Choices:The Problem of Recognizing Authentic Paths to Inner Transformation (Paragon House Publishers, 1987) edited by Ken Wilber, Dick Anthony, and Bruce Ecker

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.