Current Page: 3 of 10
Pagan Association- dismantling a cult?
Posted by: Keir ()
Date: February 17, 2006 05:00AM

My suggestion to Kath is if you really want to deal with the group then either 1.) Go to the police and file a police report about being sexuallly attacked
2.)You need to find others who are willing testify about their own experiences within the group.

If there are sufficent evidence the police will take action.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Keir ()
Date: February 17, 2006 05:14AM

morco2006
The organisers of the PA have spoken out against and exposed charlatans in the Occult world who have tried to manipulate vulnerable individuals, both financially and emotionally.
The PA are in no way a cult.
"THE PA ARE IN NO WAY A CULT"

I dont think the average person here on the board would know they are a cult or not. :roll: We shouldnt presume either way.

Posted by: kath ()
Date: February 17, 2006 05:34AM

morco2006
to my knowledge I've never met the organisers of the PA in person nor have I communicated with them in any way.

If you've never met them and never been to any of the events or even spoken to them, then you don't know if they are a destructive group or not, or anything about them.

Their forum only gives the heavily censored 'edited for television' version of their organisation, as is the case with the websites of all destructive groups.

Getting banned from a forum doesn't mean they are cult-like.

For your information, I was banned from their forum before I even posted on it, because I pressed rape charges against the chairman.

No, banning from forums isn't cult-like, but threatening libel and defamation cases and getting websites taken down that tell the truth about them is. These are exactly the tactics employed by Scientology for instance.
Love
Kath

Posted by: zaflon ()
Date: February 18, 2006 07:53AM

morco2006
Hi again.
No zaflon(!), I'm not a "pa lackey", I'm simply an individual who happens to live in the same city as the PA organisers and just happen to be very nosey. I've been an occultist for many years, but as I really can't be bothered to get involved with the petty inner politics and bitchiness that's always been a part of the Birmingham scene, I keep myself to myself. However, !

And yet you feel the need to defend, or at least, pass on the PA spin about kath and post about kath's postings on other forums. This is strange, if what you say about not getting involved, because by following this thread and posting you are breaking your own rule!!

I too live in Birmingham and have a far better understanding of the actions of the PA than you will ever have, sorry to seem cocky, but that's a simple matter of fact.

If it is true that you are nothing to do with the PA, I would advise.

A: keep it that way.
B: Stop posting in their defence, and trying to paint kath as a 'trouble maker'.

Posted by: kath ()
Date: February 18, 2006 09:38AM

[www.cwfa.org]

Another gathering in Birmingham, billed as a 'perfect day out for the whole family,' sparked condemnation from the Church of England, when the pagan musical group scheduled to perform insisted on a 'quiet area for fornication' during the celebration.

A spokesman for the Custard Factory, where the festival was held, told the local paper, The Birmingham, that the group Inkubus Sukkubus insisted on the area.

'They said they needed a quiet fornicatorium,' the spokesman said. 'They said it is a fertility rite. The singer goes into a trance-like state. We don't quite know what will happen once the frenzied activity begins.'

The request was confirmed by a spokesman for the UK Pagan Association.

'There are certain festivals where we celebrate the creation of life where you have to have sex,' Rhiannon Biddulph told The Birmingham.

A spokesman for the Church of England in Birmingham condemned the event saying, 'It is difficult to believe that anyone, pagan or otherwise, would include a sex show as part of a "family day out."

------
Obviously some of this report is sensationalist and conservative. However it shows that the p.a is not helping the perception of paganism.

After this statement by the partner of Martin Williams, pagan events were discouraged at that venue for some time and even a 'pagan choir' was unable to meet there.

Unfortunately they've become smoother and more media savvy since this statement a few years ago and present themselves as whiter than white in public.
Love
Kath

Posted by: morco2006 ()
Date: February 19, 2006 12:03AM

A. I have absolutely no intention of joining the PA

B. Telling me to stop doing things is a little dictatorial don't you think? I'd rather you didn't do it thanks.

If it's allowed and I'm not transgressing any forum rules here, may I ask a couple of questions?

Do you seriously consider the PA to be a cult?

I'm making no assumptions here, just saying what I've read on various forums: Is it true that you reported your allegations to the police and no charges were made?

If the following is correct, and again, I'm not making any assumptions:

"Numerous women have been victims of unsolicited sexual approaches and actions of their chairman, Martin Williams. At least two pressed sexual charges including rape."

Have these other incidents been reported to the police and have charges been pressed?

The internet is a wonderful thing, so is free speech, but when people start drawing attention to themselves there's always someone watching.

When I first read on a forum quite some time ago of your allegations I was horrified. I know from personal family experience what the kind of assault you refer to does to the victim and their families.

After reading your's and your partner's comments on many occasions since, it saddens me to see you've come to this. Airing your dirty laundry in public is never very nice, some things are best dealt with in private.

Now, why am I interfering in an argument that has nothing to do with me?

As I said in my first post, I've been reading this forum for a long time, I find the whole subject of cults fascinating. When I read [about]...intentions to use this particular forum to bring down the PA, well I just couldn't resist butting in.

It's nothing personal. I hope you find healing for whatever it is that causes you to do this, but I believe this is not a very dignified way to do it.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 19, 2006 03:24AM

morco2006:

You are now right on the edge of a personal attack and though your posts don't specifically threaten anyone yet, it seems you are moving in that direction.

Please keep the rules in mind, which you agreed to.

Also, I find it impossible to believe that you have no personal interest in this matter.

Do you know what a "troll" is?

If not look it up (per describing participation at a message board).

Posted by: zaflon ()
Date: February 19, 2006 03:29AM

kath
http://www.cwfa.org/articles/4187/CFI/cfreport/

Unfortunately they've become smoother and more media savvy since this statement a few years ago and present themselves as whiter than white in public.
Love
Kath

Indeed.

Posted by: morco2006 ()
Date: February 19, 2006 03:37AM

Many assumptions here.

I have no personal interest and I certainly am not "right on the edge of a personal attack". Does everyone who posts here about things they are not personally involved with get this treatment?

I'll quite happily leave this thread alone as I've said my piece and, more importantly, I have no personal interest in this matter.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 19, 2006 03:56AM

morco2006:

Interesting.

All your posts reflect the same interest on the same thread.

But you insist you have no personal connection to the subject or PA.

Very hard to believe.

Current Page: 3 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.