Isha Yoga - Sadhguru
Posted by: Iris ()
Date: August 26, 2008 09:00PM

I know that there were some posts about this guru a while ago. My daughter has just become involved with this group and I am very worried. I have only read a very small amount of what this guru has written and can already see what nonsense it is. One has to be very niaive to believe some of the things he claims, but so many people are! My daughter was drawn into the group by a trusted friend and so although I would say that she is normally very rational, she started with a rosy picture of the guru.

She has gone from interested to helper in a matter of months and now wants to go to India to study for a while.

Please could people send any other info about Sadhguru if they have it? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Isha Yoga - Sadhguru
Posted by: pizzaslap ()
Date: August 24, 2013 03:47AM

I may have been the first person to post on Isha . My original post is here:

[forum.culteducation.com]

My friend is gone to the cult. She is married there and comes to visit the US once every couple of years. She is a full
time yoga instructor in India, has married someone inside Isha, and for all intents and purposes is no longer part of the USA.

I would say to get your daughter the hell away from Isha. Don't let her go to India. My friend even speaks with an Indian-English accent now.

Jaggi appears to be a con-man, having his followers live meagerly and himself appearing all over the internet in fancy clothes
and in fancy cars. Although I don't think my friend is in physical danger - it's not clear how she would get healthcare if something
serious were to happen.

In fact, she said something once to the effect of "in India it is natural to die around ones family, and not in the
cold atmosphere of a hospital" ... which to me says that he may have talked them out of receiving serious medical attention anyway.

Although my friend appears to be happy, I have a sense that if she doesn't eventually leave that she will have shortened her
lifespan and done a lot of humanitarian work that is mostly just helping Jaggi line his pockets.

As far as the Isha "thing" , they're basically a type of hinduism that uses scientific sounding jargon to give credibility to a bunch of
sing-songy claims of enlightenment and whatnot.

This is my 2 cents. Your mileage may vary.

take care,

Re: Isha Yoga - Sadhguru
Posted by: Iris ()
Date: August 25, 2013 05:15AM

Thanks for your message. Over the last 5 years my daughter has become more involved with this group and has spent some time in India. She intends to return in November for some time, a year at least. She is engaged to a man, a USA citizen, also involved in the group. I am really concerned that she will move to India permanently. She now has a degree but has not applied for any jobs, she simply wants to work for Isha. I am also concerned for her health.

I still have a good relationship with my daughter but only because I keep my true feelings hidden. I did try to express concern at the beginning but she blanked me, and did not speak to me for a while. I learnt my lesson then, and I would rather keep in touch with her and be ready to support her if she sees the light rather than criticise as that will only lead to separation. A very difficult siuation. My daughter is in her thirties now so I cannot influence her in any way, and other family members such as her brother and her step father have no influence over her either.

My daughter is highly intelligent, idealistic and was in her late twenties when recruited - the typical recruit for a cult.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.