Daath Emet
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: May 03, 2003 03:47AM

There's a group called Daath Emes which goes into refutations of common orthodox Jewish claims and it has links to a group called
"No Longer Orthodox". All of this is worth checking out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Daath Emet
Posted by: peppereens ()
Date: May 04, 2003 04:30AM

Hi Richard Green
I just came on this forum. I am finding your posts very interesting about leaving Orthodox Judaism. It is the first time that I knew something like this existed. I knew there were ex-cult groups, and I am familiar with some more a few reasons, but perhaps I didn't see it because I really didn't get what happened to me till recently.
I went to your list on Yahoo.I am also looking at the websites.
I was never "completely" Orthodox, some of my experience might not be typical, but I feel that I certainly experience what many have in struggling to leave .
Pretty much what happened was a geographical cure , but I still struggle with not being part of the group , or trying to be.
We went to Chabad services and dinners for a few years.
Our synagogue ( not Chabad) had some things going on that were troubling. E

Daath Emet
Date: May 04, 2003 04:33AM

I can't tell if these posts are working but I will try again.
I have been reading what you wrote about leaving Orthodox Judaism.
I have some experiences in this area that have been troubling.
We moved so that created an "automatic" cure, but it has been a constant struggle reconciling with not being Orthodox.
I would be interested in hearing what you have to say about it - Thanks -E

Daath Emet
Date: May 04, 2003 05:06AM

O.k. this is the fifth time I have tried.
I seem to be unable to make this forum work.
I am interested in Richard Greens experience leaving Orthodox Judaism , my experience is not the same but similar. I would write more but have done it about six times so far ! I just want to see if I can get this forum to work -Esther

Daath Emet
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: May 05, 2003 05:48AM

Originally posted by peppereens
O.k. this is the fifth time I have tried.
I seem to be unable to make this forum work.
I am interested in Richard Greens experience leaving Orthodox Judaism , my experience is not the same but similar. I would write more but have done it about six times so far ! I just want to see if I can get this forum to work -Esther

The forum is moderated which means that your postings have to be approved to make it to the forum. You can also email me off the list at richardmgreen@yahoo.com
I also have my own site at:
groups.yahoo.com/group/exharedimsite

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.