Tony Robbins Needs Ex-Cult Members for NBC TV Show!!!
Posted by: Christa ()
Date: May 12, 2009 11:56AM

Has anyone else seen this casting call from Craigslist? This OUTRAGES me! It's almost as bad as Werner Erhard or Byron Katie doing this kind of show!!

*****Ad From Craigslist LA:*****

LEFT CULT OR RELIGIOUS SECTOR AND FIND SELF PYSCHOLOGICALLY DAMAGED?
Reply to: TonyCastWest@gmail.com [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-11, 7:57PM PDT

Often times, people seek out religion and the support of likeminded people for comfort, the feeling of family, and acceptance. But as a result, one may jump into a lifestyle or ideology that runs counter to their morals and judgments, leading to the feeling of being ostracized by the rest of society. Do you find yourself on the other side of a cult or religious sector and continue to struggle with the psychological repercussions from your time there? Do you still feel as though you have nobody who can understand what you’ve been through? Or no matter how hard you try, you can’t let go of the damaging thoughts and memories?

NBC's new series, "BREAKTHROUGH with TONY ROBBINS," led by Tony Robbins and the producers of Extreme Makeover – Home Edition and The Biggest Loser, are asking Americans to nominate themselves or loved ones that are struggling with a potentially debilitating crisis.

For more information, check out:
[www.nbc.com]

TO BE CONSIDERED OR TO NOMINATE A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER, PLEASE SUBMIT:

Name of Candidate:
Age of Candidate:
City and State of Candidate:
Area Code and Phone Number of Candidate:
E-mail Address of Candidate:
Are you nominating yourself? (Yes/No)

IF YOU ARE NOMINATING SOMEONE ELSE:

Name of Nominator:
Relationship to Candidate:
Area Code and Phone Number of Nominator:
E-mail Address of Nominator:
Please also include a few sentences about the event or problem that is affecting you
or the individual you are nominating.
Also, if available attach a photograph of yourself (or the person you are nominating)
and reply immediately to the following:

TonyCastWest@gmail.com

* OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tony Robbins Needs Ex-Cult Members for NBC TV Show!!!
Date: May 12, 2009 03:43PM

There is some hope/fear that this is a fake of some sort. I'm not one of the people researching that, but I will post here as soon as there's a definitive answer.

I don't know how I'll feel if it is fake. Tony Robbins could really harm ex-cult members, so could someone who wants to lure them into a fake non-Tony Robbins casting call.

Obviously, I think the best advice for anyone who comes upon this ad is to stay far away from whoever is behind it.

Posted by: helpme2times ()
Date: May 13, 2009 05:42AM

Christa
There is some hope/fear that this is a fake of some sort. I'm not one of the people researching that, but I will post here as soon as there's a definitive answer.
Unfortunately this looks to be real. Tony has definitely got a reality show in development:

[[url=http://www.tvweek.com/news/2009/02/tony_robbins_lands_nbc_reality.php]Tony Robbins Lands NBC Reality Show[/url]]

Edit: Oops, I see it's already been established that he has a tv show in the works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2009 05:44AM by helpme2times.

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: May 13, 2009 10:32AM

talk about the fox guarding the hen house! What's next??

Date: May 13, 2009 11:33AM

VERIFIED.

The show is in production and they are looking for ex-cult members.

Tony Robbins would know all about cults; he uses so many of mind-control methods himself.

Those gigantic teeth must be made of chutzpah.

++++++++++++
Here's the email the show's reps sent to an inquiring mind:

Originally Posted by Tony Robbins Casting
It looks like that post has been taken down, but we did post something on craigslist with that title. Along with this email address, we are posting regionally with these email addresses:

TonyCastWestatgmail.com
TonyCastEastatgmail.com
TonyCastMidwestatgmail.com
TonyCastSouthatgmail.com
TonyCastTexasatgmail.com

We understand the sensitivity and concern regarding the community of people recovering after leaving a cult or church, but assure you that these posts are legitimate. Please let anybody who may be concerned with the legitimacy of these posts know that those email addresses are associated with both the show's casting department and NBC.

Thank you for your time. We really feel people on the other side of an experience in a cult would make a good candidate for the show.

Breakthrough with Tony Robbins
Casting Department

Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: May 13, 2009 09:21PM

This whole reality concept is food for narcissists. As far as the ex-cult members go, television networks could care less about the repercussions of being on a reality t.v. show. Participants will have to once again sign away all rights and have no say in what gets aired or used. Kinda like being in a cult all over again.....
sigh...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 18, 2013 02:27PM

TONY AS BEEN INVOLVE DEEPLY WITH THE CULT OF KALKI BHAGAVAN WHO AS DECLARE THAT HE AND HIS WIFE ARE DIVINE (AVATARS)

TONY WAS GIVEN THE INITIATION ...AND AS BEEN GIVING DICKSHA (INITIATION ) IN THE NAME OF THE GURU

A CULT MEMBER THAT IS MAKING A CALL TO OTHER CULT MEMBERS TO BE DEPROGRAM

I LIKE TONY NLP SKILLS ........BUT HE IS A BULLSHITTER

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2016 12:16AM by rrmoderator.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.