I keep on ending up in cults
Posted by: stars ()
Date: April 20, 2013 01:21PM

I keep on ending up in cults since about the age of 8. It's been terrifying. Every school I have ended was ran like a cult and strange with agressive teachers etc. I'm an immigrant and my parents have been immigrating a lot and like...I even had scientologists approach me. The current work place I went to work at seems cult like too...it's an actor's studio and they have already started acting "strange" if you know what I mean. The building I live in is cult like...Ive already started being approached by people talking to me about satanism. Then I almost joined jews for jesus once. Then I had someone perform an exorcism on me when I was in a hospital. It's all too strange...I don't understand why this is happening to me...some of these cults almost caused me to die...perhaps I am paranoid.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I keep on ending up in cults
Posted by: OutofTransition ()
Date: April 21, 2013 10:24PM

Dear Stars, since you don't really give any background about where you live or how old you are it's really very hard to tell what is going on. I don't know about other places but where I live in the American Midwest aggresive cult recruiting is not the norm even among Evangelical Christians who are the most likely to approach people. The fact that you say this is happening everywhere, at school, at work, where you live, and that this has been going on since the age of 8, well, this is not typical of most people's experience, at least not around here. This sounds like a repeating pattern for you but without any further background it's impossible to give you any advice. Yes, as terrifying as it may sound, mental illness could be a possibility here.

Posted by: stars ()
Date: April 23, 2013 03:38AM

I live in canada. I'm 24 years old. This has been going on around since my teens. I've been in online cults as well as real life cults. I've been in jews for jesus, was asked to sign forums by scientology for citizens against drug abuse, and once was approached by someone in the kabballah centre cult.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 23, 2013 04:52AM

Some basic warning signs:

See [www.culteducation.com]

Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader.

Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.

No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.

Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.

There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.

Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.

There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.

Followers feel they can never be "good enough".

The group/leader is always right.

The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

Posted by: Citizendc ()
Date: April 28, 2013 10:15PM

Hi There

It sounds like you have been a real follower.
I've stopped following people, I follow myself now.

Good luck

Posted by: awakened4570 ()
Date: May 02, 2013 08:29AM

It could be your age group man, the younger the better for cult leaders. I have been involved in some aggressive positivity cults. For example, pick up artist stuff, Tony Robbins, New agey shit, ect. Recently I worked for a cult-like environment. My boss would use Push-pull tactics, like start picking on the smallest things I did wrong, and verbally put me down in front of customers and my co-workers. Since I was new the managers focused on me. Every co-worker seemed to worship the boss in a weird way, never questioning any behavior. We were all forced to have prayer time, which I do not really have a problem with, but this eliminated any freedom of personal religion. They constantly said they were going to change who I was, and would try to influence me to have certain mind-sets. They all said my parents failed me, and they attempted to try to get me to follow their small church group. Luckily, I had no respect for any of them, so their influence only caused me some depression. I decided to quit randomly one day, and my boss forced me to tell the whole business I quit. It was embarrassing, and they were really pissed. Think twice about anything people try to get you to do. I am still recovering from some depression, while I was working there.

Posted by: knotty ()
Date: May 14, 2013 05:07AM

Sounds like stalking to me. Sometimes cult groups will stalk and harrass people who have left. It is best to hire a private dective if you want to catch them and take them to court. Police are rather useless in stalking situations.

Posted by: notperfectyet ()
Date: May 26, 2013 01:10AM

Stars...I hope you find truth about this xituation...I'm going to have to do the same thing with another With... ministry....I had to transition away from a mind controlling cult also andnd make you feel really weird when you're trying to get back to who you are and not wha?y try to create you into being

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.