Re: Karen Berg's Kabbalah Center Sex Scandals
Posted by: Tzadik ()
Date: October 18, 2019 07:19AM

There is a new article on Kabbalah Centre published by Business Insider yesterday, 10/16/19.
Looks like a very well researched piece with a lot of information. Please follow the link below to read it:

[www.businessinsider.com]

Date: October 18, 2019 07:52AM

The highlights of the Business Insider article are below:

As Adam and Rebekah Neumann built WeWork into a $47 billion coworking giant, the couple relied on the teachings of the Kabbalah Centre, a spiritual organization whose high-pressure donation tactics have drained multiple former members' bank accounts, sources told Business Insider.

Kabbalah Centre Rabbi Eitan Yardeni was a regular sight at WeWork offices, where former employees said he helped put together at least one deal, met with company executives, and, in at least one instance, spoke with the entire company as a "spiritual counselor."

In conversations with Business Insider, former Kabbalah Centre members said Yardeni pressured them into making large donations to the religious sect, telling them that their spiritual health depended on it.

Because of their wealth and social connections, Adam and Rebekah Neumann were privileged members of the New York Kabbalah Centre, where their special status earned them unique privileges and proximity to Kabbalah Centre leadership. However, Adam Neumann left the center in 2017 during an exodus of frustrated teachers and students.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2019 08:11AM by Tzadik.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 18, 2019 08:53PM

Tzadik, this would be a great item for the CEI Cult News section. If you've not yet done so, could you put the headline and URL on the Cult News section? That'd be great...

Posted by: ExKC ()
Date: November 27, 2019 08:54AM

New Article on Kabbalah Centre and Yehuda Berg in Vice Today

[www.vice.com]

Below is an excerpt from the article:

"Members of the previous chevre—one of whom once served as a spokesperson for the Centre—accuse the organization of being little more than a personal enrichment scheme for the Bergs themselves. The plaintiffs, the suit claims, were led to believe “that they would be spiritual workers who were to help enlighten humanity to the teachings of the Kabbalah. In reality, the individuals who control the Centre–the Bergs–“operate a cult that preys upon those seeking to improve the world through the performance of good works.” It also claims that the Centre’s “ultimate objective” is “to raise revenue and solicit donations that benefit the Individual Defendants and their families.”

The suit paints a portrait of the Centre as an organization that looks, in some ways, strikingly similar to how Scientology is said to operate, with a core set of rigorously dedicated staffers who set to work ferreting out both potential students’ weaknesses and their financials. The former chevre allege that they were instructed to engage in a “sophisticated marketing operation, learning intimate details about students’ lives in order to target particular students for particular donation requests.” The suit asks for damages and unpaid minimum wages, overtime wages, and “statutory and civil penalties.”

Date: December 18, 2019 03:14AM

Please disregard the FB group link in my earlier post.
The correct link that points to the right resource with a lot of info is below.

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2019 03:22AM by Tzadik.

Date: June 14, 2020 04:27AM

Apparently former employees of the Kabbalah Centre (KC) filed a complaint against the KC stating the financial and other abuses by KC and the Berg's family that runs this organization.
The case 1:19-cv-04304-ILG-SJB was filed in July 2019 in the UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT EASTERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK
You can find a full text of the complaint by following the link below:
[www.piercebainbridge.com]
Here is the excerpt from the complaint:

1. Plaintiffs are former employees of the Centre, a self-proclaimed spiritual organization
that purports to spread the teachings of the Kabbalah, a form of Jewish mysticism. As early as
1998, Plaintiffs were induced to join the Centre as “chevre,” led to believe that they would be
spiritual workers who were to help enlighten humanity to the teachings of the Kabbalah. In reality,
the individuals who control the Centre – the Bergs – operate a cult that preys upon those seeking
to improve the world through the performance of good works.
2. The Centre is run by the Berg family. K. Berg’s husband, Philip Berg, took over the
Centre in 1969, and since his death in 2013, K. Berg alone is the ultimate authority on all decisions
Case 1:19-cv-04304-ILG-SJB Document 44 Filed 11/04/19 Page 2 of 67 PageID #: 421
related to the Centre. Her sons, M. Berg and Y. Berg, assist her. The Centre revolves around the
Bergs, their families, and their demands.
3. “Chevre” is not a religious term. It is a secular Hebrew word which, loosely translated,
means “a small community of friends,” or, more colloquially, “a gang of friends.” The secular
nature of chevre was repeatedly demonstrated by their background and training. No special
religious or spiritual training was required to become a chevre. Chevre did not have to hold a
particular set of religious or spiritual beliefs, nor did they consider themselves to be religious
workers. Once they became chevre-employees, chevre received virtually no religious or spiritual
training. Instead, their training was almost entirely focused on exploiting the Centre’s outwardly
religious mission to obtain ever increasing amounts of money.

Posted by: gm.may.aba ()
Date: July 01, 2020 01:19AM

I am also a KC survivor (barely). I went in with a FICA credit score of 810 and ton of savings as I was going into graduate school. I was focused on studying and starting a career which now has taken 18 years instead of 3 because of KC. Once they found out I had money, I was called relentlessly to volunteer there.

Fast forward, they moved some woman, Naomi Dahan, and her family, from east coast to deal with me. That was after they had taken every penny out of me over 5 years. Twice of it was $26,000 donations to the Zohar project. The rest was smaller donations. When I didn't have cash, I was told to max out credit cards. And then open new ones. Finally, my FICA credit score took a dive and I no longer had cash.

She took the last $25,000 from me, which I was planning to spend getting my sister out of jail, telling me that Berg (who was alive at the time) would do it himself. When 3 months later, my sister's situation didn't improve, I complained. She and the rest of the KC blamed me for Berg's illness all over again. She used everything she had got on me (in the previous 2-3 years). I was pushed out of the KC, but they have destroyed my life since then and made a case out of it for the ones who are planning to leave the Center.

In 2005, Yehuda Grundman ordered me to go to Israel during the high holidays with KC. They had so much power over me that I didn't dare to say no. I lost my internship at JFS which started at that time. I lost an entire career working at schools because of it.

Their attacks were not personal or individual, although with me it was, too.
During Shabbat Third meal services, after we came back from Israel, we were all sitting in Succa in KCA on Robertson, Marcus was speaking. He apologized for the behavior of a few young religious men whom we encountered in Israel when we went to the Holly sights. And he went talking about them as animals! I froze in my seat, because I was there. I saw those young men. They did nothing inappropriate. They were just talking among themselves and when they saw our group (they started to run toward the bus) with a smile. There was no violence or even rudeness in their behavior. I realized they were just hateful toward Jews, as people had told me. I wanted to walk out, but I was frozen with terror that they would go after me, too.

KC does spent a lot of time brainwashing people that there is no G-d, that we are all gods. And if you pay me enough, I will teach you how to become a god. They start by selling their water, and their prayer, and charts. Yet, Karen and Phillip both never relied on those for their own rejuvenation. Phillip colored his eyebrows, and beard, in addition to hair. Karen spent everyone's money on Botox, Liposuction, and anything else she could, in order to attract younger guys. One year, in Florida, she was the only one who wore a swimsuit and dove in the pool, on a yomtov putting up a show, although they claim they are orthodox.

In their closed meetings, it was always said, "we are not Jews, we are Kabbalists". But when Yehuda Berg was convicted of attempted rape, his victim did not blame Kabbalists, she was turned off by Jews. In the world, they portrait themselves as Jewish people, because no one would really respect their made-up religion.

Date: July 09, 2020 04:33AM

Karen Berg's scandals are endless. And she is shamelessly demanding people to recognize her as that the head of her cult, as dangerous cults all do.

1. I was told by Chevre that she divorced her first husband because she felt, he was not the one. She then called Berg who was living in Israel at the time married with 7-8 children, rabbi and learning kabbalah. They then had an affair until he got divorced and married Karen.

2. Soon after he married her, Phillip realized he made a mistake. And he made it public by always saying, "Uh, love, and then you go get married." and he sighed from disappointment to let people know.

3. Chevre always told us that the two of them got into these huge arguments, in which Phillip would blow up and go at her. Karen insisted that their fights were never about themselves, but in her book she says that at the beginning of her marriage, when he threw her TV out of the window, she threw out his shtreimel out of the window. But at the end she won, because she eventually terminated all the black coat/black hat teachers of the Kabalah center.

4. Eventually, he realized he was only the vessel to get Karen where she wanted to go and that she was just using him. When asked by the female Chevre in the center about her success in her marriage, in many occasions she had said that every morning she'd wake up, she'd work on creating him the way she wanted him to be.

5. Knowing that, Phillip disagreed to Yehuda's marriage to Michal for 3 years for no apparent reason. He just knew the sooner he get married the sooner, he is no longer needed. After 3 years, Karen, Yehuda, Michal and her mother Rachel pressured him and he had no choice but to agree to it.

6. But in 2004, when Phillip had a stroke, Karen had the entire center blame me for evil eye after stealing $26K from me. Then she quickly transferred everything to herself and Yehuda knowing it wasn't that hard to control or manipulate him. She then wrote a book called, "G-d Wears Lipstick" at the same time Yehuda wrote a book called, "Becoming G-d".

7. Not only everyone had to spend $20 buying the book and read it, she traveled around the world talking about it, charging $45 for an hour, making two major points. 1) Although she had taken a backseat all these years, she was the sage of the center, because Phillip's teacher had gone to her when she was asleep. 2) Despite what people said, the affair was not sexual and he was just teaching her Kabalah. Soon enough, Yehuda was also convicted of crime, in Karen's apartment, in New York. And now, Karen has runs the show, as she always planned to.

8. In 2007, Shaul and Osnat who were the oldest teachers of center (perhaps about 27 years at the time) were transferred to LA. They had met in center and got married there and had children. They were given an assignment to raise money for the center to build e-university and they did about $600K. When nothing came to fruition, people who had donated the money sued Shaul and Osnat and put them in jail. Center did not get involved, although they took the money.

9. Friends of the center were sent to get them out. After they were released, Osnat had asked Karen what had happened to the money, and what she was supposed to tell people and media. Karen had told her, "Either you believe I am Ruah Ha'Chodesh, or you don't." Meaning no questions allowed, only do as I say. in a few months, Osnat, Shaul and their 3 young children were locked out of their apartment. After working for free for the center for 27 years, they were left on the street. Osnat had called Michal to ask why. She was told, "Why don't you get it? We don't want you here."

10. Osnat and Shaul's adult daughter, though, was brainwashed by the center and remained there (at least for a few years). I don't know about any of them now. During any events or services, when there was a crowd, there was always-always someone standing at her right side and someone at her left side. She was never ever left alone after her parents were terminated. And this was after Phillip publicly humiliated Shaul after he was innocently put in jail and then terminated by the center.

I don't think she considers herself a mastermind or all powerful and might anymore, when you consider the name of her book and the name of Yehuda's book, she consider herself, above all of that!

Date: July 14, 2020 01:22AM

KC does definitely operates the same way as Scientology.

Once in a Beehive meeting, Jamie Green even used that to prove his point. I can't remember what he was asking us to do, but he said that was something Scientology was training their people to do. And he couldn't see why we couldn't do the same.

KC, also, in other ways preys on people's vulnerabilities and takes advantage of good and kind people. For example, one of the common ways are the doomsday stories KC tell people.

KC is similar to Noah's arc and since we are close to the destruction of world again, if you are not connected to the Kabbalah center, when the flood comes you will be drown because you don't have the spiritual learning of Kabbalah, like they do.

They also insist that by Hebrew calendar year 6000 (we are now in 5780), the world will enter a 1000 years of rest time (shabbat). And by then, you need to be prepared to live a life of immortality, or you will be gone. So Phillip Berg (before he died) had everyone jump 3 times during Kaddish, to bring immortality to the world.

Yet, he was dying his own beard, eye brows and hair, so people thought he wasn't aging himself! And they could sell a bottle of Pinchas water for $25 and a piece of Red String for $26. And copy the writings of Rabb'e Shimon and Ari Ha'Kadosh and sell them for $450 and $260. And get people to donate their life savings, rent and food money, because they were "Light" workers! It's true! There are a lot of lightnings on Rodeo Drive during Christmas time when Karen goes shopping!

Posted by: ExKC ()
Date: July 30, 2020 10:28PM

Thank you for sharing and sorry that you had to go through all this suffering.

Also, I just heard that Karen Berg, the leader of KC cult, passed away and that
her son, Michael Berg, will be in charge of the cult as her other son, Yehuda Berg, was convicted of sexual assault of the former student.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.