Re: Karen Berg's Kabbalah Center Sex Scandals
Posted by: Tzadik ()
Date: August 12, 2018 08:06AM

FYI
There is a Facebook group that you can join to read about Kabbalah Center as a destructive cult.
You will find heartbreaking stories shared by ex KC students and employees.

Please follow the link below to join:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: ExKC ()
Date: October 07, 2018 09:56AM

Here is what one of the ex Kabalah Center students posted on the Facebook earlier this month:

"October 3 at 1:27 AM ·
Update! I’m not alone, I know. And THANK YOU so sincerely to all of you who reached out personally. As a ger, the holidays are always a tough time. I’ve been to SO MANY beautiful sukkahs and been hosted by loving families & communities.

But then I go home. To me, myself, and I. And the gaping hole in my life left by what I thought was my path is quite clear & present.

But it’s just about finding my people. Those people were not my people. They never liked me much, anyway. And I stopped believing the BS they teach about suffering is happiness. (1984 anyone?)

So I guess I see it differently now, with the help of friends’ wise counsel. 1. Thank the Good Lord I’m outta there! And 2. My tolerance level for falsehood has plummeted to zero.

Onward & Upward!

(But I hope to continue to share my story, details and all, as I’m able to, without getting dragged down by it. I’d like to continue to write about it, expose their lies, and compile it all into a book.)

Suggested book titles:

Stay Far Away
Never ever ever ever ever step foot in a KC
EX-Cult Member

———————————

It’s one thing to heal and deal with the pain the #KabbalahCentre has caused me personally.

But to have everyone I’ve ever known from there completely cut me off and stop talking to me after 13 years of being one of the most dedicated, committed and loyal students- it’s true, every criticism of that horrid place:

They do not care about you, your neshama, or your journey.

They only want your money

The lies, the manipulation, the spiritual falsehoods they spread.

The pain is unreal.

And the isolation and loneliness after leaving that #cult is one of the biggest reasons people continue to stay there.

People continue to go there, even after learning about some of the most horrific sexual, emotional, and financial abuses they’ve committed- AND CONTINUE TO COMMIT.

When I learned of the thousands of dollars my teacher defrauded me of, the KC offered me “some free Shabbat meals.”

Chicken isn’t going to pay my medical bills, students loans, or rent.

But it was their “litmus test” to see if I would remain in their horrific cult. They offered me free meals because it benefited them. The only people they care about: themselves.

I am still sick to my stomach to think that hundreds of thousands of dollars- that WE STUDENTS donated to a “non profit”- went to pay off and silence victims of sexual abuse. My stomach turns.

I’m sharing my personal experience to warn everyone I can: STAY AWAY FROM THE KABBALAH CENTRE OF THE BERG FAMILY.

Please share this post freely and widely."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2018 09:57AM by ExKC.

Date: October 14, 2018 12:42PM

Somebody just posted this video on Facebook showing the real nature of the Karen Berg's family. They pretended to take the Vow of Poverty, but the reality is totally different - Bergs just enriching themselves through their cult - Kabbalah Center.
Follow the link below to watch this video.
[drive.google.com]

Date: December 31, 2018 10:47AM

FYI
There is a new Facebook page where you can learn about Kabbalah Center as a dangerous destructive cult.
You will find many heartbreaking stories shared by ex KC students and employees.

Please follow the link below to read:
[bit.ly]

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 02, 2019 12:24AM

Tzadik:

So you are just here to promote a Facebook page?

What do you have to contribute to this thread?

Date: January 02, 2019 11:31PM

Please note that I submitted a lot of info to this thread already.
Last two posts were about 2 different things: FB group and FB page on Kabbalah Center. The group is restricted to members only but the page is open to everyone.
The idea is to spread the truth about Bergs' Kabbalah Center as a dangerous destructive cult and to let as many people as possible to learn and to share this information.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 03, 2019 12:02AM

You have posted 13 times at this message board. Many of the posts promote Facebook , etc.

This is not a thread to promote a Facebook page, but rather discussion about the Kabbalah Centre.

Please keep that in mind.

Date: January 06, 2019 09:31AM

Unfortunately, Kabbalah Center run by Karen Berg is still operating in several countries, including the US.
In my view, it's very important to spread and share the information about them by all possible means to stop this cult from ruining more lives.

Date: March 12, 2019 05:28AM

Former Kabalah Center's chevre (worker) posted the video about Yehuda Berg.
Yehuda Berg is the son of Karen Berg. He used to be one of the main figures there
until he was removed due to a sex scandal involving him.
Follow the link below to watch the video.

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 27, 2019 03:13AM

Former Kabbalah Center's workers filed a lawsuit against this cult:

NEW YORK, July 26, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Pierce Bainbridge Beck Price & Hecht LLP filed a lawsuit today against the Kabbalah Centre, related corporate entities, and Kabbalah Centre leaders Yehuda, Michael, and Karen Berg. The plaintiffs allege that the Centre had a policy and practice of luring people to work for the Centre as so-called "chevre." The complaint alleges that the chevre were led to believe they would enlighten the world to the spiritual teachings of the Kabbalah, but in reality, the chevre were used to raise money for the Centre and personally enrich the Bergs.

"As Plaintiffs have alleged, chevre were not only used to raise money for the Centre, they also were required to perform personal tasks for the Bergs, such as walking their dogs and babysitting their children, and they did all of this without pay. Many had given their worldly possessions over to the cult and had to give up their relationships outside the cult. The chevre were isolated and without means, and their day-to-day lives were controlled by the cult. The cult even determined when and whom they could marry," said Shira Feldman, one of the lead attorneys who brought the case.

"It's amazing that chevre would have the courage to leave the Centre given how it controlled them. But they did, and we are here to seek justice for the former chevre under the labor laws in a collective and class action," said Deborah Renner, a partner at Pierce Bainbridge who heads the Firm's class action practice.

Plaintiffs seek backpay and other damages for the time they spent working for the Centre rather than pursuing their chosen livelihoods, on behalf of themselves and all other similarly situated former chevre.

The case is Greene, et al. v. Kabbalah Centre International, Incorporated, et al., Case No. 1:19-cv-04304, in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. If you are interested in joining this action or learning more, the plaintiffs' lawyers can be reached at contact@piercebainbridge.com.

To read the complaint, visit: www.piercebainbridge.com/kabbalah-centre-complaint/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.