Group speak
Posted by: mood: crisis ()
Date: December 09, 2012 08:45PM

hi all,
I just wanted to starts this thread as I do think that this phenomenon I call group speak is one of the major warning signals that you are in a cult. now that I am free, I have found that in all safe normal churches, people retain their individuality, and unique personalities. one aspect of this is that they speak with their own phrases and tone of speech, although they may begin to omit curse words particularly in a christian church! However in cults such as calvary chapel, people begin to speak like the group leader, using the same phrases, tone of voice and in fact completely change the way they speak. It certainly happened to me and it is very subtle at first.

One falls into this group speak , and it is reinforced by all the other group members....I personally found that if you spoke momentarily like you used to and not using group speak there would be a very subtle response from the leader and other gro members in the form of looking at you oddly, and giving you the cold shoulder, albeit again very subtly.

Sorry if I have not explained it very well but I feel those who know the feeling will understand, please share thoughts,
Peace

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Group speak
Posted by: JustTruth ()
Date: March 05, 2013 02:36PM

Yes it sounds very familiar, subtle cold shoulder and all. Mind control in action. Another symptom is response to questions. Usually, a few questions are tolerated as a means for them to hook you into their worldview. Watch their true colors come out if you ask too many, or the "wrong" questions.

I have been watching this word-manipulation regarding the phenomenon of the One People's Public Trust aka OPPT-in. Amazing how easily people give up their power to think.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.