Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: GODHIMSELF ()
Date: February 12, 2019 06:55AM

What would Ramana Maharshi say about having a representative of his teachings

hugging and having young females followers sitting on his lap ?

Mooji as the following that he as now only because he his suppose to represent

Papaji and Sri Ramana Maharshi ...Giving a good dharma talk is easy

living a enlighten life way more difficult .If Mooji is having multiple sexual

relationships with his female followers ...what is the use of preaching you are

not the mind ...you are not the body ..if he is chasing orgasms.

Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: February 12, 2019 07:00AM

A great quote today in response to Moo's video "denial" of allegations. It's on the official Mooji facebook page (from Vivian Mcdonough)

"Oh please, talk soft in front of the camera but then direct your inner circle to attack those who speak out against you. Fortunately enough of us have seen through your manipulative games and will be working collectively to bring this information to the public. keep lying pal, won't be long before God shines a light on what you have been doing in the dark all these years. And if I were you I would lay low, the higher up you climb the harder your fall will be. Good luck, you will need it."

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: February 12, 2019 10:38AM

There are minimal three issues/topics how to face Mooji’s huge cult propaganda directed from his ashram:

i) Mooji’s neo-advaita wrong teaching blows only the intellectual mind, the spiritual impact does not last too long, one needs to re-charge with a next satsang.
ii) Mooji is a therapeutic easy fix guru and wants to attract mostly spiritually confused or mentally ill people, and also sexually and emotionally frustrated females.
iii) Mooji has a personality narcissistic disorder (worshiping), he likes young women – heavy sexual attachment, and his constant needs to talk about spiritual things.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2019 10:46AM by Horowitz.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 12, 2019 09:12PM

'...emotionally frustrated females".

'frustrated' is probably not the best word to use.

Wounded is more accurate.

Women whose boundaries are strong might feel creeped out by the vibe around Moo,
retreat to the sidelines and then leave, never to return.

If so, that leaves a high proportion of women whose BS detectors are damaged, who are not able to feel creeped out by Moo.

So 'wounded' might be a better word.

They might come to an ashram with its flowers, incense, white clothing, sweet chanting, and implied promise of spiritual, non carnal love, hoping for healing.

All the white clothing and sweet music at an ashram might convey a message and promise of holiness and purity which can attract people who feel
they've been defiled by the hypersexualized messages that pervade Western society.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2019 09:15PM by corboy.

Date: February 12, 2019 10:39PM

I read the Omkara Piazza comment again regarding to Amma Tanya first statement (https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10218534946789707&id=1376874725&_rdr&hc_location=ufi) and I was disappointed so much in her, she plays the music in the Bhajan group. I thought that she may take the cultic atmosphere in Monte Sahaja neutrally, because she likes the music, she is from Massachusetts but she has become a real hardcore devotee. She is one of them, who has made the false facade for Mooji for years. Amma Tanya responded to her very good to say “I know it’s your home-ashram now, you cover up for him”. In addition, someone else wrote online that such long-term devotees must also have some future plans for themselves to build up in Monte Sahaja something like a Moojiashram of the truth, love and the hole land or some start-up teaching ambitions in Monte Sahaja after Mooji retirement. For example, Zenji Ganz one of the hardcore Mooji devotees responded to Amma as well. But Mooji was wrong about the ashram and its future. Even though Mooji has blessed the Monte Sahaja and “the whole universe” many times and he “made the spirit of God constantly remain upon this ashram land“ (in Sahaja journal video: [www.youtube.com] at 11:25, 3:00), it may not help at all, because the whole Monte Sahaja ashram has been very unrealistic, naive, and expensive millions project, it has been built from a scratch on deserted farm lands: limited or no electricity, no canalization, no running water, no infrastructure. It’s non-ending free labor work, new projects, and other goals in very hot, dry, and dusty climate in summer. Monte Sahaja is a more like a therapeutic camp for the people who have some mental or social issues.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: February 13, 2019 04:48AM

Great little video shared (ironically) by a Moo follower, all about Neo-Advaita and the problems inherent in Advaita mind games:

[www.youtube.com]

I would like to point out that what this video illustrates is not traditional Advaita Vedanta as it is taught by genuine teachers. But it is basically the way Moo teaches, although he uses a soft voice, and long tranced-out pauses in his speech, in order to really sell it.

Moo dresses up his denials of reality with music and flowers, and all the trappings of Guru culture, but he is basically saying the same thing as the deluded guy in this video.

Date: February 14, 2019 03:45AM

Reflections on Gurus, Devotional Love, Spiritual Authority, and Abuse
JOAN TOLLIFSON·SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2019 ... (about Mooji)
…But the guru format, especially when it includes a strong devotional component, can certainly make it more likely. I’ve always been extremely wary of turning individual human beings, however enlightened they may be, into spiritual idols or authority figures. This seems to me to be an approach laden with dangers, particularly if the teacher or guru is charismatic and has not fully dealt with their own shadow side. And no one, as I’ve said in my most recent posts (1/29/19 and 2/1/19), has ever completely worked through their shadow side and removed all their blind spots. No human being is above delusion. And yet, some gurus and teachers believe and/or pretend otherwise. One very popular guru about whom many rumors have swirled has recently posted a statement on his Facebook page insisting these rumors are all untrue and saying, “My heart has always been clean. I have never done anything to harm anyone and I never will…God would not uphold and support anyone who is taking advantage of His children.” Really?! Can anyone after six or seven decades of life actually claim they have never harmed anyone, and can anyone actually believe that God allows no harm, given all the popular and well-supported gurus whose abuses have been well-documented? This guru ended his statement of innocence by urging everyone to “keep benefiting from the wonderful interactions you’ve had with me over the years.” I can’t imagine saying that either, any more than I can imagine selling photos of myself at my events or letting people kiss my feet. I’m not saying this teacher is guilty of anything—I don’t know—but I found some of his denial a bit questionable….
[www.facebook.com]

(Mooji made a huge mistake with his statement, as the result of it, much more people from different mainstream discussion forums, Buddha at the gas pump, and other online journalists noticed it and start wondering who actually is Moojibaba and his sanghas, I think that Moojibaba failed the test).

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: February 14, 2019 05:31AM

I was just watching the first of Moo's live broadcasts from India. I don't have time to watch the whole thing, it does go on and on and on... here is the link:

[mooji.tv]

It's the first video in the list, dated 13/2/19.

Before the cult indoctrination beings in earnest, an announcer steps on stage to go through all the rules. She makes is quite clear that participants are gonna be judged on the quality of the questions they ask Old Tony Moo!

She says "we only want questions that pertain to Freedom, not domestic questions. You are asked to drop that kind of nonsense."

Calling people's personal lives "nonsense"???? That is very, very judgmental! Looks like the announcer is 'in her mind'.

What if your question involves both your personal life and your struggle to be free? You are going to be intimidated into not asking that question, I would think.

Posted by: PapajisaysNO ()
Date: February 15, 2019 02:19AM

Horowitz - Great find!

Also, looks like all of Amma’s videos are now “unavailable attachments” on her page.

No one can have their negative experiences up for long it seems. Even in a freedom of speech country like the United States.

I think other than “the mind” being a problem for Moo and his followers, so is “the speech”.

What kind of Freedom is this?

Oh, wait. You’d have to use your mind to see the slavery in it.

Moo has no ability to help anyone integrate because he isn’t integrated. He is dissociated from his own shadow and then it acts out. As they do. Hurting people who are vulnerable and open to him. Very sad.

Date: February 15, 2019 06:21AM

In Rishikesh, Mooji is only a talker. Recently, I followed the Sahara71 recommendation, Swami is a good teacher: [www.youtube.com]
Today, I have watched this teacher: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2019 06:30AM by Horowitz.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.