Foster fake, insta-intimacy - get your audience laughing!
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 02, 2018 09:10PM

Get people laughing in unison and its a feeling of instant intense belonging.

But...instant intense belonging is not genuine belonging.

Instant intense belonging created by tricks of social engineering gives a strong jolt to our brain chemistry, just the way speed or heroin does.

Which makes it addictive -- and why fraudster salespeople and retail gurus love to use these tricks on us.

Get people laughing, and its fake bonding - and easily exploited against us.

A feeling of belonging is a genuine human need.

It makes us vulnerable.

Feelings of belonging are created by neurochemistry and signal social experiences that are genuine - or merely feel genuine but are actually exploitative.

Without that feeling of belonging, we cannot stay healthy, our bodies go into
stress reaction. Without a feeling of belonging, some slide into physical depression, others become vulnerable to addiction.

Secure feelings of attachment actually free us to go beyond a relationship.

When people cling to a guru, refuse to allow any criticism of the guru, that is a clue as to the hidden insecurity between guru and devotees. A secure relationship fears no dissent. A secure relationship can hold and contain the stress and irritation of dissent.

The hidden insecurity between guru and devotee is a secret that cannot be discussed or even thought about. In a secure relationship, any question can be asked and any question will be heard and respected.

A feeling of belonging with others usually develops slowly over time, just the
way that it takes a long time to form a pearl.

Genuine human relationships are like pearls in another way.

Irritation is part of a genuine relationship and without the irritation of a grain of sand, a pearl cannot develop in an oyster's tender folds.

That powerful intense feeling of belonging generated by commercial gurus is (in Corboy's opinion)
an artificial product, a plastic pearl.

Unlike genuine relationships which do include irritation, a commercial guru and devotee group avoid any irritation which disrupts their artificial feeling of belonging.

That is why room set up and rules may be very important at many guru group events.

Online discussion groups which discuss troubling features of a guru and group are resented to varying degrees by by devotees, perhaps for the same reason that hecklers are unwelcome at a comedy show.

The feeling of belonging generated between comedian and audience, a rapport rapid fostered by the artifices described in the thesis quoted in the earlier articles - this is something easily disrupted by a heckling joke -- because that rapport is an artificial creation.

An artificially rapport is a fragile creation - and anything perceived as a disruption is hotly resented.

That is Corboy's guess.

Certain drugs, such as the opiates trigger the same neural pathways that
are triggered by physical intimacy.

Adroit technicians such as expert salesmen and commercial gurus know how to use
social techniques and room set ups to trigger intense feelings of intimacy -- far more intense than most of us experience in genuine gradual friendships.

This is deeply physical. We are social mammals. We are creaturely.

All my life, I was convinced I was supposed to be self sufficient. Got it
from my family, (lots of alcoholics and alcoholic attitudes in both sides
of my family) and further entrenched by American culture and its myth of
self sufficiency.

What rocked my world was finding a book entitled Addiction as an Attachment Disorder.

It may be helpful understanding some problems with gurus who foster dependence in devotees.

[www.google.com]

It is a user friendly book . The author gives the current
research and demonstrates that humans cannot stay psychologically stable or
physically healthy unless we are embedded into human relationships.

Addiction as an Attachment Disorder provided the insight that secure
relationships emancipate us, insecure attachments entrap us.

This may tie in with Alexandra Stein's insight that a cultic relationship is
one in which the person or group we look to for orientation and promises us
orientation actually fosters insecurity and confusion, leaving us trapped.

These are not confined to love relationships.

By relationships, whats meant is we need to be affiliated with groups
where we know and are known by each other. Coworkers. The people who
recognize us at the cafe, at the grocery store, the bus routes we use.

Places where we volunteer. Places where we worship.

Where people say, "We have not seen you in awhile. Where've you been? Are you all right?"

We need to be part of a "puppy pile".

Without this, our body chemistry and mental chemistry go out of alignment. Our stress chemicals go up. We get depressed, tense, angry, immune system is less efficient.

I hope some of this helps.

One does not stay in the puppy pile forever, though. The puppy pile is
part of the process that fosters our growth into social beings who can connect,
care for each other --- and explore new opportunities.

We can visit our puppy pile and enjoy it, but are not meant to stay in the puppy pile forever.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2018 11:00PM by corboy.

Re: Get people laughing, its a feeling of instant belonging
Date: October 02, 2018 10:18PM

A note about teasing and laughter and joking.

Teasing, joking and laughter do not create a safe relationship.

Teasing, joking and laughter are nuturing ONLY after a relationship has been
established and mutually negotiated as safe.

If you are led to feel safe in a relationship and suddenly the other person slips in jokes and teases that hurt and confuse, this is a (Corboys opinion) a WARNING SIGNAL TO STEP BACK.

A warning signal to step back and state that you feel hurt and demand this stop. If the person tries to confuse you or put you down, or claim you over reacted, GET OUT. Get out no matter how secure you were led to feel.

In a genuinely secure relationship, joking and teasing never hurt. If someone feels hurt, the other person stops it at once and apologizes at once.

The test of any relationship is how you are treated after you feel emotionally invested, not how you are led to feel during the courtship phase.

Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: October 03, 2018 04:42AM

SadGame Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for your kindness sahara71
> I am doing fine, ups and downs.
>
> I lack any feeling of belonging, which is why an
> ultimate identity with pure consciousness is very
> appealing to me. It is beyond human relationships
> and independent of them.
>
> That is also why laughter is so effective as a
> manipulative and rhetoric device, as is being
> discussed here now. It is quite obvious to me that
> mooji uses this all the time to overrule any
> thoughts or feelings that he deems unwelcome,
> either to the spiritual growth of the questioner,
> or to his authority as the ultimate beacon of
> truth.
>
> I like how saharah71 uses Moo instead of Mooji to
> deflate his God like status to human proportions,
> Some of his followers started using moojiji at
> Some point, just one honorary epithet apparantly
> seemed insufficiënt, where now guruji seems more
> common.
>
> Moo’s acceptance of personal devotion to him is in
> stark contrast to the impersonal content of his
> teaching and is hypocritical in that any personal
> story is cast aside as an obstacle to the
> realization of truth, except for the story of his
> personal realization of this ultimate truth and
> his embodiment of it. I think, if you meet the
> buddha on the road, kill him.
>
> Laugh all you want, i don’t want to be the subject
> of Your laughter, i want to be loved.

It is very natural to want to belong and to want to be loved, SadGame. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It is what everyone wants. It means you are healthy!

Yes, Moo dismisses everyone else's "story" but seems to be obsessed with his own story, like a true narcissist. He tells long, boring, convoluted tales all the time, but he isn't interested in listening to anyone else.

Boring people into a coma is another way to induce a trance state, and I am not joking about this, either. Look it up.

I was in a vulnerable place when I became interested in Moo's teachings. I was on a kind of working holiday and I was alone a lot. It was comforting for me to fill in time watching YouTube videos... something I would normally rarely ever do. I'm usually more into books. But believe it or not, I was overseas and I couldn't find any books in English!!

I did begin to doubt why I was suddenly so interested in an obscure spiritual teacher. I thought "this is so not at all like me". I had always been into spirituality and had read Eckhart Tolle and quite a few others, but while I found these ideas interesting, I didn't think they were especially helpful to me. I thought that they were somewhat impractical ideas.... I don't know... There is something very glib about Tolle.

Life is very complex. You can't just dismiss genuine pain, genuine suffering as though it doesn't exist! That is losing touch with reality, as far as I am concerned. If you pretend pain and suffering don't matter at all, then you are less likely to want to help people and to want to improve society. That is not a good way to live.

If you look into the heart of Buddhist teachings, for example, you will see that this religion is all about compassion. Compassion is very important.

Moo seems to teach a form of instant enlightenment that is all about personal gratification! It's a "feel good" band-aid approach to life's problems. And apart from that, it doesn't work and isn't legitimate, anyway... It's only scam to allow a washed-out old narcissist with a Jesus complex to exert power over people (and take their money and possibly have sex with them - more on that later.)

I think you picked up on a very important point in your first post, SadGame. You said something about self-inquiry being devoid of morality. That it is. And believe me, that's got to make is very, very appealing to a lot of people!

Re: Get people laughing, its a feeling of instant belonging
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: October 03, 2018 05:37AM

corboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Adroit technicians such as expert salesmen and
> commercial gurus know how to use
> social techniques and room set ups to trigger
> intense feelings of intimacy -- far more
> intense than most of us experience in genuine
> gradual friendships.

>
> This is deeply physical. We are social mammals. We
> are creaturely.
>
> All my life, I was convinced I was supposed to be
> self sufficient. Got it
> from my family, (lots of alcoholics and alcoholic
> attitudes in both sides
> of my family) and further entrenched by American
> culture and its myth of
> self sufficiency.
>

Yes, Corboy,

The human brain is wired to respond favourably to social contact. We are social creatures. Just like monkeys, and just like wolves or even bees, we live in complex social groups where co-operation reaps rewards.

Society wouldn't have developed to the extent that it has if people couldn't work together and get things done.

I think it's good to be independent up to a degree... you are probably going to need to get a job, earn a living, learn to cook, buy your own cloths, etc. All this is pretty important.

But you will still need others for love, support, communication.... especially if something goes wrong and you need some help!

Cults prey on our desire to find the perfect, loving social group: the surrogate family. They seduce us into believing they are the ultimate family, where everything is perfect. We just have give up our own identity first, in order to join them.

For a lot of people this is a small price to pay.

Moo even says "were you ever all that interesting in the first place?" He is saying "let go of who you are"; he is telling people that their very identity is a hindrance to them!!

Of course he is... It would be very inconvenient for him to manage people who really did care about themselves and who have individual opinions!

Posted by: i yam what i yam ()
Date: October 03, 2018 06:37AM

Let me quote:

"These people are just beyond belief. They claim that they are at the peak of spiritual conciousness and yet they show utter contempt for the average person. They show no humility and don't respect anyone elses right to be unique.

I'm always thinking, who the hell do these people think they are. They're just people like you and me, and yet they put themselves on this higher plain.

I'm not particularly religious, but I'd rather have a cup of tea with the vicar anytime. At least you know where you stand."

[forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2018 06:38AM by i yam what i yam.

People are very interested in reading this discussion
Date: October 03, 2018 08:22AM

People are interested in reading this discussion.

Back in August, I began tracking the view count for this Moo discussion thread.

I was not very systematic about it, did it occasionally.

I do not know how to tell who is reading this, what parts of the world.

But, this discussion is evidently interesting to someone. A lot of someones.

August 11 2018 Mooji thread 45,338 views 12:35 PM PST

August 12 2018 Mooji thread 45,506 views 5:39 AM PST --- +172 views

August 13 Mooji thread 45,736 7:49 AM PST +230 views

August 17 Mooji thread 46,396 8:08 AM PST +660 views

660 divided by 4 days averages to 165 views per day

August 18 Mooji thread 46,687 6:29 PM PST +291 views since the 17th

September 7 Mooji thread 51,383 (10 hours later) 51,489 views

This is 4,696 views since August 18th -- averages to 223 views per day.

Note: ten hours later view count is 51,489 views - that's over 100 views!

September 9 Mooji thread 51,917 views

September 17 Mooji thread 54,032 views thats 2115 views

2115 divided by 12 = 176 views per day from September 9 and September 17

-------------
September 30 Mooji thread 59,060 views

minus 54,032 views (September 17) = 5,028 views in 13 days

5,028 divided by 13 days =386.76 views per day! So, if the math is done right, views of this discussion on CEI have jumped about three fold in the past 13 days.

Early morning September 30th about 7 AM PST 59,060 views
Late morning September 30th abot 11 AM PST 59,123 views = 63 views. Subtract 10 to eliminate possible repeat views. = 53 views

That's 53 views in 4 hours!

September 30 59,123 views

October 2 59,907

October 3 60,211 (6:40 AM PST)
60,365 (6:14 PM PST)

October 4 60,674 (6:36 PM PST)

October 6 61,064 (8:11 AM PST)

October 9 61,814

October 13 62,782

October 14 63,020

October 15 63,458

October 16 63,785

October 18 64,046

October 19 64,275

October 20 64,459

October 21 64,815

October 23 65,265 about 6 AM PST

October 24 65,461 about 6 PM PST (several posts giving material from people
saying they were once at Moo's ashram
Monte Sahaja)

October 25 65,881 about 6:05 AM PST

October 26 66,186 4:52 AM PST

October 27 66,423 4:55 AM PST

October 28 66,692 6:54 AM PST

October 30 67,398 5:18 AM PST

October 31 67,734 4:09 AM PST

November 1 68,010 5:17 AM PST

November 3 68,805 6:50 AM PST

November 4 69,182 4:32 AM PST

November 4 69,520 1:11 PM PST

November 4 69,614 6:41 PM PST

November 5 69,797 4:43 AM PST (crackdown on trolls)

November 6 70,347 6:13 AM PST

November 7 70,946 5:13 AM PST

November 8 71,670 6:39 AM PST

November 9 72,226 5:25 AM PST

November 10 73,277 6:39 AM PST

November 11 73,967 6:33 AM PST

November 12 74,581 6:37 AM PST

November 13 75,040 5:36 AM PST

November 14 75,697 5:17 AM PST

November 15 76,329 6:17 AM PST

November 16 76,791 5:37 AM PST

November 17 77,147 7:00 AM PST

November 18 77,524 6:09 AM PST

November 19 78,098 6:49 AM PST

November 20 78,545 6:32 AM PST

November 23 79,829 5:37 AM PST

November 24 80,212 7:41 AM PST

November 27 81,259 8:23 AM PST

November 29 81,875 6:09 AM PST

November 30 82,336 6:21 AM PST

December 1 82,731 7:53 AM PST

December 2 83,073 7:19 AM PST

People have been quite interested in reading this.

Since September 17, 2018 people have yet more interested in reading this.

Regard all distractions with the utmost suspicion.

Edited 53 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2018 11:20PM by corboy.

Building anticipation, building rapport
Date: October 03, 2018 09:19PM

Annnnntiichipaaatiooon.....

(Vintage television ad for ketchup)

[brainalchemist.com]

Nest a story within a story. The brain always wants to complete a pattern. Once the story is over, it is filed away, and the attention is shifted to the next thing. To sustain your audience’s attention for a longer time and create anticipation, begin a story and then take a detour through another story. Close the second story first and then complete the initial story. You will create nested loops to keep your audience craving for a resolution. Think about mystery novels that gradually unfold the unknown. The only caveat is that you don’t want to make it too confusing and impossible to follow. Don’t overwhelm the working memory with facts, engage emotions instead. Loop but don’t ramble!

Suspense is a coveted state that any speaker and storyteller would like to create for the audience. It is the ultimate tool of brain captivation that leaves the audience hanging on your every word, waiting to hear what happens next. How do you achieve suspense in speeches and presentations? Here are five strategies that can help:

(Corboy: this is an abbreviated list, go to the article to explanation of each of these 5 points.

[brainalchemist.com]

1. Open powerfully...

2. Blend anticipation and uncertainty. ..

3. Let the audience experience the scene by using sensory language and compelling visuals... .

4. Escalate conflict..

5. Introduce a brain jolt...0.

[westsidetoastmasters.com]

Quote - read rest of article for more.

Excite Your Audience With Anticipation

By carefully creating anticipation, we turn our audience from observers into participants.
During an interview with poet Carl Sandburg, a reporter asked, "In your opinion, what's the ugliest word in the English language?"

The poet frowned. "The ugliest word in the English language?" he repeated, furrowing his brow and staring in the distance.

"Ugliest?" he muttered to himself. "Ugliest. The ugliest word."

He reflected awhile, face knotted in thought. After a long, pregnant pause, Sandburg's eyes brightened and returned to the reporter's.

"The ugliest word is - 'exclusive'."

The power in that story lies not so much in Sandburg's choice of a word as in the journey he took to get there. With the pauses - the repetition - the description of Sandburg's physical reactions - we do not merely hear the story, we participate in it. We sit in the room with the reporter, waiting for the great man's word. Then, once spoken, it is a revelation.

Another way to tell that story could have been: "Carl Sandburg once said that 'exclusive' was the ugliest word in the English language."

Not nearly as powerful, is it? The difference is that the first version puts us on the scene and creates a sense of tension in us - it fills us with anticipation.

Creating anticipation in your listeners can mean the difference between a so-so speech and a great one.

By carefully creating anticipation, we turn our audience from observers into participants. Instead of being passive recipients of our wisdom, they become companions on a journey, in which they feel they have something at stake.

By the end of this article, you'll know the simple tools that can create anticipation in your listeners - and you'll be able to use them in your next presentation. (By the way - I just used one of those tools!)

(deleted for brevity)

How do you incorporate the powerful feeling of anticipation into your speeches? Building anticipation should be considered part of the structure of the speech itself. A speech that uses anticipation to move itself forward is an "inductive" speech.

Keeping Information Findable Why Sites Like CEI Are Needed
Date: October 04, 2018 09:40PM

This was a discussion from another forum back in 2013.

One person posted information about Rajneesh/Osho.

A fellow named TiredPhil replied:

03-13-2013 10:01 PM

Now that is why I joined this forum.
In the UK a lot of vids, and details do not come up on Google searches.
Tons of information available on here from members.
Thanks for the links

This discussion can be found here:

[www.dreamviews.com]

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: October 06, 2018 08:20PM

I have watched the documentary movie on Netflix "Wild Wild Country" about OSHO, I think Mooji look up to OSHO with the high respect, and saw there similar patters between these two cults. For instance: strong female leadership in the inner circle of the cult, these females loved him, built up the ashram, and did everything for him, real everything, promiscuous sex life there, making financial profits, and ambitions of attain the worldwide fame....
I recommend to watch these 6 series

Rajneesh and Mooji Malas/Rosaries - compare
Date: October 06, 2018 09:45PM

Rajneesh and Mooji Malas/Rosaries - compare

Rajneesh mala -- Google Images

[www.google.com]

Mooji mala -- Google Images

[www.google.com]

Amazonite Mala Blessed by Sri Mooji - Mooji Satsang Shop
satsangshop.com/malas/881-amazonite-mala-blessed-by-sri-mooji.html
€25.00 - ?In stock
This blessed Amazonite Mala is comprised of 108, 8mm Amazonite crystal beads (plus one end Guru bead). The highly polished multi-coloured beads are ...

[newrepublic.com]

“Before I left for Pune [Poona, India], I was a very capable, articulate, professional woman,” claims Roselyn Smith, a forty-one-year-old social worker who was known as Ma Prem Sugatha when she followed the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh. “When I got back I was in a totally hypnotic state. I was absolutely helpless.”
From Osho News Instructions on how to use the mala. To Corboy this sounds like
a great recipe for zoning out.

It looks like a guided meditation, lots of repetitions.

The Mala is a Device for Meditation

Protection Quotes — 21 August 2015

You ask me, “Why this mala? Why this picture?”

I will say, “Use it in this way, and this will happen,” and my answer is as scientific as possible.

Religion never claims to be rational, the only claim is of being irrational.

(Corboy: this is merely an opionion. It is not fact - unless you are already
a disciple of Rajneesh.)

Osho and mala

[www.oshonews.com]

Use the mala in this way: meditate on the picture, then the picture will not be there.

It happens so.

Then the absent picture becomes a door.

Through that door communicate with me.

It happens so.

After doing meditation, take this mala off and feel, and then put this mala on and feel, and you will see the difference.

Without this mala you will feel totally unprotected, totally in the reins of a force which can be harmful. With this mala on you will feel protected, you will be more confident, settled. Nothing can disturb from the outside.

It happens so

you will do the experiment and know. Why it happens cannot even be answered scientifically. And religiously there is no question to answer. Religion never claims, that is why so many rituals of religion become irrelevant.

As time passes by, a very meaningful ritual will become meaningless, because keys are lost and no one can say why this ritual exists. Then it becomes just a dead ritual. You cannot do anything with it. You can perform it, but the key is lost. For example, you can go on wearing the mala, and if you do not know that the picture in it is meant for some inner communication, then it will be just a dead weight. Then the key is lost. The mala may be with you, but the key is lost. Then one day or another you will have to throw away the mala because it is useless.

The mala is a device for meditation. It is a key. But this will come only through experience. I can only help you toward the experience. And unless it happens, you will not know. But it can happen, it is so easy, it is not difficult at all. When I am alive, it is so easy. When I am not there, it will be very difficult.

All these statues that have existed on this earth were used as such devices, but now they are meaningless. Buddha declared that his statue should not be made. But the work that was done by statues still will have to be done. Although the statue is meaningless, the real thing is the work that can be done through it.

Those who follow Mahavira can communicate with Mahavira through his statue even today. So what should Buddha’s disciples do? That is why the Bodhi tree became so important; it was used instead of Buddha’s statue. For five hundred years after Buddha there was no statue. In the Buddhist temples only a picture of the Bodhi tree and two symbolic footprints were kept, but this was sufficient. That still continues. The tree that exists in Bodhgaya is in continuity with the original tree. So still today those who know the key can communicate with Buddha through the Bodhi tree at Bodhgaya. It is not just meaningless that monks from all over the world come to Bodhgaya. But they must know the key, otherwise they will just go and the whole thing will be just a ritual.

So these are keys – particular mantras chanted in a particular way, pronounced in a particular way, emphasized in a particular way with such-and-such frequencies. A wavelength should be created, the waves should be created. Then the Bodhi tree is not just a Bodhi tree; it becomes a passage, it opens a door. Then twenty-five centuries are no more, the time gap is not there. You come face to face with Buddha. But keys are always lost. So this much can be said: use the locket, and you will know much. All that I have said will be known, and more that I have not said will be known also.

Osho, I am the Gate, Ch 3, Q 2 (excerpt)

Corboy: Lets look at the repetitions of certain words.

This talk is filled with repetitions.

What I find interesting is that Rajneesh repeats the word "door" three times. He says 'door' twice -
at the beginning of the talk and says 'door' for the third and last time at the very end of the talk.

We use a door to enter and exit a situation.

It is possible that Rajneesh leads the subjects into trance, the doorway, with the first mention of door. Perhaps he leads the subjects out of the trance, or partly out of it, when he mentions 'door' for the second and last time - toward the end of this talk.

Rajneesh begins:

Use the mala in this way: meditate on the picture, then the picture will not be there.

It happens so.

Then the absent picture becomes a door*. (door is repeated only a second time at the end of this talk.
Through that door* communicate with me.

It happens so.

After doing meditation, take this mala off and feel, and then put this mala on and feel, and you will see the difference.

Without this mala you will feel totally unprotected, totally in the reins of a force which can be harmful.

(Fear induction - Corboy)

With this mala on you will feel protected, you will be more confident, settled. Nothing can disturb from the outside.

It happens so;

you will do the experiment and know.

Why it happens cannot even be answered scientifically. And religiously there is no question to answer. Religion never claims, that is why so many rituals of religion become irrelevant.

Confusion induction - detaching people from former ties to religion and familiar rituals (Corboy hunch here)

As time passes by, a very meaningful ritual will become meaningless, because keys are lost1 and no one can say why this ritual exists. Then it becomes just a dead ritual. You cannot do anything with it. You can perform it, but the key is lost2.

For example, you can go on wearing the mala, and if you do not know that the picture in it is meant for some inner communication, then it will be just a dead weight. Then the key is lost3. The mala may be with you, but the key is lost4. Then one day or another you will have to throw away the mala because it is useless.

(Before this, Rajneesh gave the suggestion that the mala makes you feel protected, confident, settled. He also said "Without this mala you will feel totally unprotected, totally in the reins of a force which can be harmful. To say as he does here ' you will have to throw away the mala' 'the mala is useless'--this plants FEAR.

The mala is a device for meditation. It is a key.5 But this will come only through experience. I can only help you toward the experience.

(Rajneesh says the word 'key' for a sixth time and seventh time and an eight time-- and a ninth time. He does this further along in his talk
after he's stunned listeners with data overload.

And...when Rajneesh uses the word 'key' for the ninth and last time, he does something special, very special.)

(At the very moment Rajneesh speaks words to banish the fear he has elicited, he links himself to the mala. Fear followed by relief and gratitude -- that is a powerful combination.)

Corboy: After confusing the listener and detaching associations with past religions and familiar rituals, Rajneesh is making himself the only source of
focus and stability and tying this to the picture of him in the disciples mala.)

And unless it happens, you will not know. But it can happen, it is so easy, it is not difficult at all. When I am alive, it is so easy. When I am not there, it will be very difficult.

(More fear induction - while Rajneesh is alive comfort from the mala is easy, when he is gone, it will be more difficult. This ensures fear is part of the recipe for the attachment bond R instills in subjects.- Corboy's guess.)

All these statues that have existed on this earth were used as such devices, but now they are meaningless.

??(Corboy

Is this to detach subjects from meaningful associations they have formed with statues? This is very important. Statues hold ties to national and religious identity - the Statue of Liberty, Nelson's Statue in Trafalgar Square, statues of Jesus, Mary, saints, statues of Hindu, and Buddhist figures)

Buddha declared that his statue should not be made. But the work that was done by statues still will have to be done. Although the statue is meaningless, the real thing is the work that can be done through it.

Those who follow Mahavira can communicate with Mahavira through his statue even today. So what should Buddha’s disciples do?

(Rajneesh tied himself to Zorba the Buddha, conflating a popular book, a popular movie, and annexing buddhism for his own purposes. Here Rajneesh is linking himself to the buddhist heritage. Perhaps he is also exploiting the Tree of Life archetype, linking it to the Bodhi Tree - and to himself. As for Mahavira, Mahavira was an important figure in Jainism. Rajneesh was born into a Jain family. He talked about Mahavira a lot.

[www.google.com]

So in the following paragraph see how Rajneesh links the mala to the names he drops in his lectures. --C)

In this paragraph he bombs listeners with information - names, years, details, blah, blah. Raj is doing a data dump . This stuns the listeners' analytical minds, exactly the way a computer processing time slows down if its RAM is overwhelmed by too large a file.Or when we eat too much at a holiday meal and get bellyaches. Rajneesh is giving listeners cognitive indigestion)

That is why the Bodhi tree became so important; it was used instead of Buddha’s statue. For five hundred years after Buddha there was no statue. In the Buddhist temples only a picture of the Bodhi tree and two symbolic footprints were kept, but this was sufficient. That still continues. The tree that exists in Bodhgaya is in continuity with the original tree. So still today those who know the key6 can communicate with Buddha through the Bodhi tree at Bodhgaya. It is not just meaningless that monks from all over the world come to Bodhgaya. But they must know the key7, otherwise they will just go and the whole thing will be just a ritual.

So these are keys8 – particular* mantras chanted in a particular way1, pronounced in a particular way2, emphasized in a particular way3 with such-and-such frequencies.

A wavelength should be created, the waves should be created.

Then the Bodhi tree is not just a Bodhi tree; it becomes a passage, it opens a door*.

(Rajneesh is tying the beginning of this talk to the end of this talk. He used the word 'door' at the beginning of this lecture. He's closing the loop, tying the package up, neatly. Imagine this entire lecture given in Rajneesh's hissing voice -- many different sources refer to this.

[www.google.com])

Then twenty-five centuries are no more, the time gap is not there.

(Corboy Confusion of time, past present collapse - this is deep confusion, folks. And Rajneesh is linking it to that mala with his picture on the pendant)

You come face to face with Buddha.

But keys9( are always lost.

So this much can be said: use the locket, and you will know much.

All that I have said will be known, and more that I have not said will be known also.

(Friends, the ninth and last time Rajneesh refers to keys, he then refers not to the mala but to the locket -- the pendant on the mala that has Rajneesh's picture.

Now Rajneesh brings it all home with a punch. After suddenly
instilling anxiety with 'keys are always lost'
Raj for the first time gives the solution to the puzzle.

All through the talk, Raj refers to keys and doors.

But, something is missing.

A key opens a lock. But in this script, Raj has never mentioned lock.

But now he introduces the one word missing from the chain of cause and effect

Key-->Door

But Raj does it with a twist.

So this much can be said: use the locket, and you will know much.

Key-->Lock-->Door

Key-->Rajneesh/Beloved/Locket-->Door

All that I have said will be known, and more that I have not said will be known also.

He makes the mala, his picture, and the locket the ultimate solution in his
subjects' minds.

Keys close and open locks. Locks are used to close and secure stuff we treasure and consider important. Locks also hold captive. Locks make prisons.

And in the English language, "locket" has special meaning - a locket is where we keep a picture of someone we specially love and treasure.

Rajneesh was a highly educated man, a teacher at university level, before he entered the guru business. He knew English better than most of us do.

Al this is Corboy's hunch. I wish The Anticult were here.

Google citations on Rajneesh trance induction are interesting

[www.google.com]
--------

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2018 09:04AM by corboy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.