Compile a list of Moo jargon?
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 29, 2019 08:33AM

Constantin wrote:

Tony is less and less energy in our satsang. Often short with people, or "beings" as there are called here.

Let's create a list of jargon language used in Moo Nation.

Referring to people as 'beings" diminishes us.

We can learn a lot examining a group's private language.

Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: September 29, 2019 06:10PM

Since no one has jumped in yet to assist Maria with her complaint to the charity commission, I'll briefly note a few things. Unfortunately I don't have time to do more legwork.

I'll quote what seems relevant to me from the complaint page of the Charity Commission: [forms.charitycommission.gov.uk]

Before you start

Before submitting a complaint you must:

complain directly to the charity first

Maria has done this already.

What to use this form for

Only use this form if there is a serious risk of harm to the charity or people it was set up to help.

Examples of serious issues include:

a charity not following the law, with damaging consequences to its reputation and public trust in charities generally

serious harm to the people the charity helps or other people who come into contact with the charity through its work

In this thread and the Be Scofield article, reports can be found of serious harm (suicides, people being mind controlled, people being stuck in the ashram working for very little or no money, not having means to leave the place).
I think reports of the charity not following the law (with damaging consequences etc.) can also be found, such as not following safety regulations in the workplace (resulting in a big fire) and building without permit, and probably more?

Providing evidence

You can upload PDF documents of evidence in this form (up to 10MB).

Examples of evidence include (but are not restricted to):

copies of bank or credit card statements or pre-signed blank cheques
copies of invoices or receipts
copies of contracts, policies and procedures
internal complaints or reports from other agencies highlighting failures or weaknesses
copies of any legal or professional advice that hasn’t been followed
media reporting affecting the charity name
literature issued by the charity

This one's a little harder I think. What evidence can be provided? Media reporting for sure. Probably also all the anonymous reports from people who've been to Sahaja, which have mostly been written or copied in this thread.
I think the aggressive manner in which the organization's lawyers try to censor any criticism could also be used as evidence that the charity is unsound and harmful. The lawyer's letter to Henri Jolicoeur could be cited.
What else?

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: September 30, 2019 08:53PM

According to Constantin (trustful source in MS), Mooji invited many followers from around the globe (700) for extended program MS in August/September 2019 to accumulate cash money from them during private hours. There might be a lot of cash money in Mooji’s wood cottage and ashram, but there are not safe there anymore. I guess that Mooji may plan to transport the unreported money back to England by a car before Brexit (October 31) and take a long break there to prepare his departure from Monte Sahaja into England for his possible retirement….

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2019 09:05PM by Horowitz.

Date: October 01, 2019 12:41AM

Question:

Can anyone estimate the percentages of the long term residents at Monte Sahaja according to nationality?

What percent British, German,French,Indian Israeli,Spanish,US, Canadian, Australian, Kiwi?

Posted by: Maria Lena ()
Date: October 01, 2019 02:47PM

I don't know if it will be useful, but just in case I pass you this general information:
Any citizen of the European Economic Area may remain in Portugal for a period exceeding 3 months, but must apply for the "Certificate of Registration for EU citizens" in the City Hall of their area of residence.
Monte Sahaja corresponds to São Martinho das Amoreiras that belongs to the City Council of Odemira.
Those who live in Montse Sahaja throughout the year will be registered in Odemira, as residents of São Martinho das Amoreiras. I don't know if they are public data, but if they were, the statistics would show the nationalities of those who live in São Martinho das Amoreiras. You can ask in:
Municipal Chamber of Odemira
Praça da República
7630-139 Odemira
tel +351 283 320 900 fax +351 283 327 323
e-mail geral@cm-odemira.pt
The population of São Martinho das Amoreiras in the 2011 Census (INE) was 1006 inhabitants. Suppose that according to the article of El Confidencial that you published in the Forum, 200 people live in a stable manner in Monte Sahaja throughout the year. If we discount the Portuguese who live with M., who do not know how many they are, you can find out the nationalities by the registration, although those who do not have European origin should look for other tricks to be there all year.
The law in Portugal allows the residence to foreign citizens for humanitarian reasons, of national interest or public interest for the exercise of a relevant activity in the scientific, cultural, sports, economic and social field.
I do not know if the Associação Mooji Sangha is considered as exercising a relevant activity in the social field...
Maybe someone who speaks Portuguese can make some calls to the town hall of Odemira to inquire.

Date: October 01, 2019 06:59PM

Someone keeps reposting the material that contains a live URL to a website containing material written by people banned from this discussion.

Before clicking that link, it might be wise to take privacy precautions.

As for "haters" people here are worried.

Worried about at least 3 suicides at Monte Sahaja.

They took their valid concerns to Moo discussion groups and were shut down.

Asking valid questions reportedly gets you yelled at and ridiculed in Moo's satsangs.

Try and discuss these concerns here and the discussions are visited by disruptors.

There are many places in cyber space where people can praise Moo, rejoice in him and view his videos.

This discussion is one of a handful where people can discuss their worries about where Moo is heading.

Ban the disruptors and we are called haters.

Friends, any time some one reposts that troll material, ask about the suicides reported at Monte Sahaja.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 10:30PM by corboy.

Posted by: Joyfree ()
Date: October 02, 2019 03:19AM

As it is presented by M:
Monte Sahaja is a holy land...in fact „the most“ holy land! lol
That’s what he claims!
So you can’t really compare it to some European city... or do you just „fit“ the way it suits? Like M does with his so called „teaching“?
So... having suicides on this most holy land, should indeed raise a lot of red flags! Furthermore it should raise lots of red flags about what exactly is the “teaching” = maybe enslavement?! of psychologically vulnerable people
In fact... M doesn’t even have a teaching! Nor is he following one!

But hey... if you feel the urge to defend this guy until you wake up, go ahead dear friend. I’ve been there myself and you have my full compassion and understanding. But please do it somewhere else! There are many places where you can give your praise or whatever it is you want to express.
We were deleted, blocked and censored while trying to address questions to M.! People were threatened by his entourage and silenced.

Please understand and respect that this is not only a place for concerns but also for healing for many of us. Please respect this.
Thank you!

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: October 02, 2019 04:59AM

There have been 4 suicides that I know of.
The first was Flo at Monte Sahaja. Then there was a report of a woman who took her own life in India, then another member of Mooji's Sangha in South Africa also took their own life. The South African group was then shut down, according to reports written here on the forum. Who shut down the group? I'm not sure.

Now we have a report of a 4th suicide of a Canadian man; reported here by Constantin. He does not say where the event took place. He does not say it was at Monte Sahaja.

I hope the families of the those who have passed find some answers concerning their tragic losses.

The fact that Constantin reported that the latest suicide is being 'kept quiet' is concerning. Why aren't people allowed to discuss such a distressing thing? It would be natural to discuss it, in my opinion.

The Mooji Foundation repeatedly issue disclaimers that people with psychological problems will be given no assistance by them. John Dollop recently recounted his experience where someone in acute psychological distress at Monte Sahaja was 'dropped off' at the front of a local hospital and left there to fend for themselves.

The main problem for the Moo group was that this person was disruptive! They couldn't care less about the person's mental health. Why did they not contact that person's next of kin and have them come and get them? Were the family even notified?

PapajiSaysNo reported that the letter of a woman with metal health problems was read out aloud to the entire group at Monte Sahaja and that Moo ridiculed that person publicly. People laughed at her and Mooji made it about himself- implying 'See what I have to put up with?'.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: October 02, 2019 05:09AM

A quote from 'Chrissy' who posted on the forum in May:

"There was a suicide in our Sangha in 2017, here in South Africa, by one of its dedicated members.
I thought I should mention this, since I've only seen two suicides mentioned here (one in India and one at the Ashram).
So yes, it has been kept very low key.
As a result our Sangha was closed.
We received no response or message from Mooji when this happened, which I think would have been the right thing to do, from a loving and accountable guru. Instead, the group of us were abandoned as it were. The leader of our Sangha withdrew completely."

Posted by: John Dollop ()
Date: October 02, 2019 06:40AM

I feel that people that have not had a long stay at Sahaja - like many of us here - and / or that do not know what has really happened and it is happening, should read and re-read all of the pages of this thread. And that needs to be done before writing one single word on this forum. If anything, that way you would be showing respect to people that have seriously suffered and are still recovering.

Otherwise, please, save your time, as with all respect, here your wisdom is not requested.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.