Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: August 14, 2019 11:47PM

Toxic spirituality and cult behavior in Mooji’s naming ceremony in Monte Sahaja ashram:
From book Healing Hidden Wounds: A Journey to Liberation by Karen Ibarguen
“ the night of naming ceremony…i rested my knees on a cushion in front of Mooji with my hands together at my heart… and he told my name is Sanoja (eternal)…”get used to it……”
[books.google.com]

Posted by: MiedoFree ()
Date: August 21, 2019 11:23PM

This is an Adyashanti video where he addresses Narcissism and Spirituality. Thought it might interest you.

[youtu.be]

Where all the fury comes from
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 22, 2019 08:26PM

An article, very informative, by Matthew Remski.

What’s Behind the Blowback You’ll Get When You Engage Cult Members

[matthewremski.com]

A comment following Remski's blowback article
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 22, 2019 08:34PM

A person who commented on this article wrote:

This is brilliant. I would add a further and very unpleasant dimension.

That some of the people abusing others in high demand groups had already centred on sex offending in their lives, or on other forms of abuse or sadism which they fed on.

These people have sensed the lack of respect and boundaries in high demand groups and purposefully embedded themselves so they could continue to offend, even more easily than before.

So whistleblowers are directly threatening to such offenders, who will fight tooth and nail to destroy the whistleblower so as not to be exposed, or lose their hunting ground.

This is not restricted to the highest leaders, and these types can even become very threatening and violent.

Another reason whistleblowers and survivors are incredibly brave people.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: August 23, 2019 05:29AM

Here is another comment from below the same article -

OK, here’s another one that can occur when discussing one’s former cult community online: concern trolling. Members of the community who are still in good standing will point out that you are expressing a certain level of psychological attachment and obsession with the former Master – that if you were truly free of the situation, you would just drop the subject and have no interest in discussing it all. But since you are talking about it (and usually negatively and repeatedly), that you are suffering from “negative attachment” and you are really now a member of an “anti-cult” cult, thereby making an implied argument against some kind of perceived “superiority”. This is a really devious approach and couldn’t be more ridiculous in fact, but it’s a form of the old “the best defense is a strong offense” saw…

This more or less happened to me. Just recently, someone from this forum who posts infrequently sent me a personal message questioning my motives.... It was a confusing message, as this person seemed to be praising me in one sentence and condemning me in the next sentence...

Just be careful of this please everyone. If something feels wrong to you, then that is because it is wrong. It's Ok to tell others when something is wrong. It's Ok to tell people repeatedly and firmly, if you wish. It is Ok to say it in your own unique voice in your own way and in your own time. Cult activity is exploitative, it harms people psychologically, and it is wrong.

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: August 26, 2019 04:34AM

At 31:25, one female devotee said: “thank you for inviting us here”: in You Have Smelled the Perfume, Now Find the Source: [www.youtube.com].
After a huge Lisbon June sastang flop, there was a big panic in Mooji’s ashram and Mooji might have threatened with leaving the ashram again to activate his employees and volunteers. Then Mooji’s PR team must have sent thousand emails and made hundreds of phone calls to invite any people in Monte Sahaja ashram (extended program and Zmar retreat. There has been a large campaign to save Mooji’s guruship there because Lisbon intense satsang attendance was only about 350 (who paid 300 Euro for entire satsang) and plus some local one day visitors from city Lisbon.
Mooji and his teams have mobilized many hesitating and passive followers for Zmar retreat to save his damaged reputation. They have collected thousand of email and addresses over the several years from many followers/visitors in Europe and India satsangs. The publicity is everything for them. It appears to me, there are only last Mooji’s reserves there and some naive backpacker spiritual tourists for Zmar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2019 04:43AM by Horowitz.

Date: August 31, 2019 02:44AM

Horowitz, where are you getting this information about attendance?

Posted by: Bodhi68 ()
Date: September 02, 2019 02:53AM

Hi this is Bodhi,

I have been attached to the Moo tribe for some time,but not anymore. The devotion thing was getting way too much for me. The teaching itself is still ok for me but for example Spira or Adyashanti with more simplicity and without rituals i like more.

I have been reading in this forum for some time now and some negative things might be true from my own past experience but a lot of stuff seems to be unproven rumors.In my opinion, proven grievances should be pointed out here. rumors and even lies should not belong here. I think it is good to point out a misconduct of a teacher. But furthermore to spread rumors and wrong information damages the trustworthiness of this topic.

This for example : " After a huge Lisbon June sastang flop, there was a big panic in Mooji’s ashram and Mooji might have threatened with leaving the ashram again to activate his employees and volunteers."

Well despite all these rumors there has not been any decrase of followers so far.As i know from a friend who still follows the the teaching ,the Lisbon event was followed by about 700 to 800 people and the following October Zmar retreat was fully booked after only few days so they even offer now a second one a week later.

Please don't spread stuff that is just not true here and stay with what is valid and proven.

Thank You

Here are 2 links to pictures from the Lisbon event on the Moo website.They don't show the whole audience.But when you count the people and add some that are not shown you'll see that 700-800 might be correct.

[photos.smugmug.com]

[photos.smugmug.com]

Date: September 02, 2019 10:50PM

Thanks for having the guts to say what I was thinking myself, Bodhi. That's why I was asking where some people were getting their 'information'. Spreading untruths is more damaging to us than anyone.

I also don't think Mooji has been affected by the allegations at all--except for it being a major headache and expense to hire lawyers.

When I feel a need for a teacher, I also listen to the unpretentious Adyashanti and a few others. But I truly think it's time for us to be guru-free and explore the Silence and our own Divinity, and Awaken with the help of Grace. We just have to want it badly enough, no?

Posted by: Bodhi68 ()
Date: September 02, 2019 11:17PM

MiedoFree : "But I truly think it's time for us to be guru-free and explore the Silence and our own Divinity, and Awaken with the help of Grace. We just have to want it badly enough, no?"

Yes i agree we have to explore that silence that inner peace by ourselves.Any teacher can only be a reminder or lets say " This finger pointing to the moon "

When you are ready for this this is the highest choice. But most of us are more or less still trapped in heavy thought activity and having only periods of clarity.

In that case a reminder,teacher,guru is of great help.

Me too i appreciate Adyashanti and also Tolle.And if you are not repelled too much by the high devotion that surrounds Mooji, Mooji's guided meditations are the best and deepest i've ever listened to. ;-)

"We just have to want it badly enough, no?"
I wouldn't agree to this part. Actually it's more about grace and acceptance.
If there is a strong YOU who wants something else than what is badly ....... ;-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.