Current Page: 259 of 261
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Valma ()
Date: January 22, 2023 05:47PM

Byron Katie like Mooji and all the other popular leaders in that field do attract people who have emotional issues dating back very often to dysfunctional childhood experiences.It is a huge potential market as huge is the number of potential customers!

How many people have you met who had not had such wounding experiences? Tell me how many people who are on a genuine spiritual quest but are still under the influence of unconscious emotional needs and patterns who have not been attracted to such gurus or guru-like people?

Having been one of them I realized belatedly that unless you have become aware of such emotional issues and dealt with them efficiently and long enough so that you are at least fully aware of the consequences it would have on you as an adult, your genuine spiritual quest will easily be hijacked by such popular "gurus" and make you lose a lot of precious energy/money/attention that you could have invested in your spiritual journey AFTER having dealt with the emotional issues.

Here is the site of a therapist who deals with childhood issues in particular: [drjonicewebb.com]

Our spiritual energy/soul is precious, let us be vigilant to whom or what we give it our time, attention etc..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2023 05:51PM by Valma.

Options: ReplyQuote
We need to do background research
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 22, 2023 08:27PM

Lets keep the focus on Mooji.

However, any resource or person needs to be background checked.

Therapy and marketing are two different things.

Here's what someone wrote about JW on Reddit

[www.reddit.com]

Posted by
u/Jealous_Note7122
1 year ago
Anyone tried Dr. Jonice Webb, a pioneer of CEN's Fuel Up for Life recovery program?

I posted this question to the Codependency group. Thought it might be more relevant here:

I've been receiving tons of emails and videos from Dr. Jonice Webb since I purchased her book, Running on Empty. By taking her Childhood Emotional Neglect questionnaire I knew clearly that I have serious CEN problem that needs to be addressed. She has been promoting her 5-week Fuel Up for Life recovery program with evidence-based information (https://drjonicewebb.com/fuel-up-for-life-program/). Based on her promo videos I definitely think the program is for me. But it costs a lot ($795) and I'm really not sure if I actually need it, or going through her book and discuss it with my therapist twice a month would suffice. I'm wondering if anyone here has tried Fuel Up for Life or read her book. Did either of them help you recover from CEN tremendously? Also, what type of psychotherapy did you find most helpful with CEN?

and

ZookeepergameLarge25
·
12 days ago

I am a bit late to this convo. But I was looking into Dr. Jonice's Find You Voice Course, which she breaks down on the page how each module will go... The course is $9000!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2023 08:29PM by corboy.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: January 23, 2023 06:04AM

Hello Valma,

you make a great point. I think the vast majority of people have psychological wounds of some kind, often stemming from childhood or perhaps from other traumatic events in their lives. Many of these types of emotional problems are not significant enough to 'ruin our lives' or prevent us from having friends, maintaining a job and getting married, etc.

But these kind of emotional wounds are always there in the background, and this can make us susceptible to being exploited in one way or another. Exploitative people are everywhere - they prey on our insecurities. We might crave spiritual progress and so we look towards a guru who offers 'instant enlightenment'.

We might crave approval, so we volunteer countless hours working for a 'charity' that turns out to be a money-spinning scam.

We might crave affection and love, so we end up in a relationship where we are giving a lot more than we are receiving in return.

Perhaps we crave financial success and status so we become workaholics, giving away our precious energy so as some corporation can turn a profit.

It's good to be aware of all the ways in which we can throw away our energy and time for little reward! It's not that working, loving, caring, seeking meaning in spirituality or volunteering are wrong in themselves. It's just that we want to do these things with awareness and balance, knowing where our boundaries are.

I think a trained, registered and experienced therapist can help a person deal with their emotional issues and improve their lives. But it's not a quick fix and you have to be aware that there are exploitative therapists out there, too.

You need to get a referral from someone you trust, like your family doctor or a trusted friend.

Date: January 30, 2023 04:05AM

Has anyone read Be Scofield's new book:
"Hunting Lucifer: One Reporter's Search for Cults and Demons"?
[www.amazon.com]

I'm curious if there's a Mooji chapter.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: January 30, 2023 01:56PM

Hello,

no I haven't read Be's book, but I see that chapter 24 is called "Mooji" so that's interesting...

The book has great reviews on Amazon.

Date: January 30, 2023 08:40PM

Ha! Just wait a little bit.

After a few days, the guru advocates arrive and leave negative reviews to drag the ratings down.

Lots of people dislike Be Scofield's work.

Years back, Be exposed the culture of cruelty that characterizes the guru scene. Scofield focused around spiritual impresario Ken Wilber who has been enabling and defending exploitative gurus for years.

Integral Abuse
Andrew Cohen and the Culture
of Evolutionary Enlightenment

[www.integralworld.net]

Now, back to Mooji and his minions.

Posted by: Abhirama ()
Date: February 04, 2023 11:11PM

Thanks to every single one who posted on this forum. Thanks to www.batgap.com for deleting M’s interviews. Hearing about batgap’s action gave the necessary last push. When it feels off, it is off.

Date: February 28, 2023 01:55AM

Does anyone here know which ex Rajneesh (Osho) people are at Mooji's "ashram" Monte Sahaja in Portugal?

I know there are a few, but I'd like to find out their names.

A question or two about Osho Sannyas / NeoSannyas
Date: March 03, 2023 01:05AM

Yes, yes. How many Rajneesh / Osho sannyasins are currently involved in in Moojibaba World?

According to the current OSHO website this is known is "Neo Sannyas" or "OshoNeoSannyas"

The Osho online library according to these Google Citations give reassuring descriptions of taking Sannyas:

Sannyas – Condemnation? — OSHO Online Library
[www.osho.com] › osho-online-library › osho-talks
Sannyas is an individual experience; it flowers within each person individually, like love. No one can make love into an institution; love flowers and spreads ...

Past – Aliveness – Character? — OSHO Online Library
[www.osho.com] › osho-online-library › osho-talks

A sannyasin is not only free, he is freedom. It is living rebellion. But still, I will try; a few hints can be given, not exact definitions, a few indications, ...

Nothing your best friends or mom would worry about, right?

Osho Nisarga Foundation, according to its website an OSHO retreat center in the Himalayas gives a more forceful description - Marxist or jihadist or Evangelical Revivalist in its intensity:

From [www.oshonisarga.com] (Accessed 3/2/2023 at 8:52AM Pacific Standard Time)

Neo-Sannyas - Osho Nisarga Foundation
[www.oshonisarga.com] › Osho
OshoNeoSannyas is a total discontinuity with the rotten past. It transcends all the boundaries--caste, colour, creed, and nations. It heralds the New Man.

Corboy Question #1

Is this something that Sanyassins do NOT tell potential recruits? Something they wait to tell until after the new recruit has become sufficiently indoctrinated?

Corboy Question #2: how can a Sannyasin who regards the past as 'rotten' have any respect, afor those of us who find the past a source of experience, wisdom, kindness to other people -- and good humor?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2023 01:10AM by corboy.

Drug Mind Technology and Osho Sannyasins Ibiza
Date: March 03, 2023 01:11AM

Anthony D'Andrea, an anthropologist, published valuable descriptions of the Rajneesh Osho sannyasins as part of his study of global nomad rave culture:

Global Nomads: Techno and New Age as Transnational Countercultures in Ibiza and Goa

[www.google.com]

Book can be found and purchased here:

[www.bookfinder.com]

Global Nomads: Techno and New Age as Transnational Countercultures in Ibiza and Goa

A detailed description of the Osho Rajneesh Ashram in Pune, India:

[forum.culteducation.com]

Here is a description of an Osho Sannyasin named "Deep" who was a purveyer of the psychedelic drug DMT in the global nomad "scene" which includes Ibiza:

[forum.culteducation.com]

The Rajneesh / Osho sannyasins are well travelled. They allegedly played a role introducing party drugs to the Ibiza rave scene.

Rajneesh Ibiza Drugs

Google Results

[www.google.com]

Rajneesh Ibiza Drugs

Google Scholar Results (Academic sources)

[scholar.google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2023 01:25AM by corboy.

Current Page: 259 of 261

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.