Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: December 03, 2020 09:19PM

An interesting study what happens in spiritual scenes and cults including Mooji and his followers:
Study links some forms of spiritual training to narcissism and “spiritual superiority”
[www.psychnewsdaily.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shamrock ()
Date: December 03, 2020 11:52PM

You can click through to the authors' original paper at [onlinelibrary.wiley.com]. The paper didn't display online properly for me, and I had to download the PDF to read it.

As Vonk and Visser say in their conclusion, "The phenomenon of spiritual superiority is widely recognized." I've heard it referred to before as the "spiritual ego." It's neat that they claim to be able to measure the size of the spiritual ego!

They surveyed spiritual students and not spiritual teachers. They ask at the end of their paper: "The question is whether a truly enlightened person would even participate in our studies. Would such a person be interested in or even capable of answering all these 'me'-questions?"

Probably not, but an external observer could analyze the spiritual teachers' words for implicit me-statements.

For example, Tony once said something like, "Guru may share his love with many." I wish I could find the video that comes from, but I can't. Anyway, my point is that Tony is highly identified with the "guru" archetype, even if he would never admit this to a social psychologist.

Posted by: shamrock ()
Date: December 04, 2020 12:31AM

BTW, this talk of spiritual superiority reminds me of the Jed McKenna character in the books written by Peder Sweeney. [realization.org]

Posted by: stefa ()
Date: December 06, 2020 08:16AM

shamrock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The question is whether a truly enlightened person
> would even participate in our studies. Would such
> a person be interested in or even capable of
> answering all these 'me'-questions?"
>
> Probably not....

Right, because there is no "I" to talk about.

Posted by: Gaja ()
Date: December 12, 2020 01:59PM

I understand how much manipulated I was by this so called guru Mooj. I had to go insane and suffer horrible guilt. Now I know Mooji did big mistakes and projected them on me, so he wouldn't have to take responsibility for what he did. I cried so many nights and I felt horrible pain of guilt and people could felt there is something bad going on with me, and they were treating me really bad. I had really horrible years because of Mooji. And yet he called himself to be my "friend".

How can someone so false, still be considered to be some guru, some guidence if there is evidence he harmed so many?
I have flashbacks in my memory. He knew all of it, he knew what he was doing, he betray me,screw with me, he knew he was doing big harm to me, but he was continuing because he was caring more for his selfish big ass.

But I'm not stupid and naive anymore. I wish I could go to policy and say complaint on this one. But I think policy will tell me, what for I was following or listening to this guy Mooji? And they will be right. Only because some guru told me, he can be trusted and turns out to be huge abuser and lie - this was my naivity. Well,if mooji knew better, he new I was naive, because he told me so, then why he was convincing me bullshit if he was so much wiser? He took selfish satisfaction from deceiving me.If this is how god, truth, and light act, then I do not want any of it.

Date: December 13, 2020 08:32PM

Gaja Wrote:
> ...I had to go insane and suffer horrible guilt...

Dear Gaja, may peace be with you.

"You'll never see all the awesome things ahead of you, if you keep looking at all the bad things behind you. You just have to turn around, give a little smile, throw the match and burn that past. Live, learn and don't look back." - source not known

"The only useful purpose of the present birth is to turn within and realize the self" - Ramana Marharshi.

"Your body is precious. It is your vehicle for wakening. Treat it with care." - Buddha.

"Give up the sense of doership. Karma will go on automatically. Or Karma will drop away from you" - Ramana Marharshi.

A tourist visited a Sufi. He was astonished to see that the Sufi's home was a simple room. The furniture was a mat and a kerosene lamp.

Tourist: "Sufi, where's your furniture?"
Sufi: "Where is yours?"
Tourist: "Mine? But I'm only a visitor here."
Sufi: "So am I"

"The mind will only exist only so long as you think of external things. But when you draw it from external things and make it think of the mind or 'I'- in other words introvert it - it ceases to exist." - Ramana Marharshi.

"Depending on nothing, one finds happiness. Depending on nothing, one attains the Supreme. Depending on nothing, one passes through tranquility to One Self" - Ashtavakra Gita

Posted by: Gaja ()
Date: December 14, 2020 02:02AM

Thank You dear Stefa, these quotes are beautiful.

Date: December 27, 2020 06:58PM

Gaja Wrote:
> Thank You dear Stefa, these quotes are beautiful.

Thank you my dear. but the quotes are not for decorations, live it, practice it, uncover your True Self.

Date: December 27, 2020 07:09PM

Namaste,

Please find the web link below for your information.

[www.similarweb.com]

Truth is vindicated.

You can fool somebody, somewhere, sometime, But you cannot fool everybody, everywhere, everytime. Obviously people are curious about the smoke and starting to discover the real you. May Grace be kind to you, for all that you have done.

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Nothing, nothing, nothing....

Posted by: Maria Lena ()
Date: January 29, 2021 05:10AM

Hello everyone,

I can't believe it, I just received an email from the sect with propaganda, when I told them a long time ago that I did not want to know anything about them, after asking them to reimburse me for the money I invested in the false guru, which they never did. Surely they must not have a clientele and have recovered an old list of emails.

I copy the content so you can see how they work:

"Dear Friend,

We are very happy to welcome you to our newsletter that shares news, events and updates about Satsang with Mooji. As you have just joined, we would love to share some resources with you to support your deepening in Satsang.

Free Media Library
A rich, searchable collection of satsangs, guided meditations, audio podcasts, subtitled videos, and other special satsang-related releases.

Satsang of the Week ~ every Sunday
We highly recommend you watch, digest and contemplate these weekly gems.
Recordings of previous videos can be found in Free Media.

Invitation Toolkit
Potent satsangs addressing insights, questions and experiences that may arise when following the guidance in An Invitation to Freedom. The Toolkit serves to deepen and confirm the direct recognition of one’s timeless Being.

Sahaja Express is for Mooji’s earnest and dedicated students who are seeking to fully realise the Truth. Many powerful and intimate talks with Mooji’s mature students are shared here, allowing us to walk alongside Moojibaba and move more deeply and swiftly into the ultimate realisation of the Self.

Sahaja Express is a wonderful support and resource to clarify and answer any questions and doubts that may arise as you deepen in your Satsang. A free trial is offered for those new to Sahaja Express.

Mooji Sangha Shop
A wonderful and diverse collection that is deeply supportive of Satsang,
and reflects the creative expression of Moojibaba and the Sangha in daily life.
All proceeds support the sharing of Satsang.

Satsang
The Satsang collection is a potent offering
that includes silent sittings, guided meditations, compilations, retreat highlights and packages,
and much more.

Books
The books in the Sangha Shop are wonderfully supportive of Satsang. They includes titles by Mooji, Papaji, and other Masters from through the ages, as well as translations in over 20 languages.
More Sangha Favorites...

Mooji Mala Music emanates from the heart of Satsang with Mooji.
Musicians from around the world share stunning music infused with the spirit of Truth—is true soul food that fills the heart with freedom, light and joy.

Find out more about Mooji Mala Music

Spotify
YouTube
Website
Instagram

Quote of the Week

"Remember: Your life is auspicious.
You are here for much more than knowledge.
You are here for Liberation." ~ Mooji

We send a powerful saying from Moojibaba by email every week. You can sign up here.

We wish you a joyful, profound deepening in Satsang with Moojibaba.

With love and gratitude,
Mooji team

Assoçiacão Mooji Sangha
Estrada Nacional 123, n.1, São Martinho das Amoreiras, 7630-536 Portugal"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.