Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: September 24, 2020 09:23PM

Gaja
As I remember, one girl on one of his satsangs was complaining about her boyfriend is not interested with sex as much as she does, even though the relationship is amazing, loving, and all oh, and ah. And moo told her, if she is able to go deep with meditation, this is not going to be a problem anymore. She is not going to need sex...I'm not sure really, this was long time ago, when I was listening him.

I'd say that's a wrong teaching. Like I wrote above, I think it's not healthy to pursue loss of sex drive.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: stefa ()
Date: September 25, 2020 03:10PM

Namaste, found this on reddit. Did a search of this forum's previous post, did not find any, so decided to post.

Posted byu/[deleted]2 years ago
"
The insidious dangers of Mooji
I am writing to warn others about Mooji.... this person could be dangerous! He is not enlightened by any stretch of the imagination.

I began watching Mooji's Youtube videos online about 4 weeks ago... there is something very hypnotic about them... in fact, I would not be at all surprised if Mooji uses trance induction techniques on his unsuspecting viewers. I began to feel that I wanted to watch more and more of these videos, even though the content was all pretty much the same.

The content is just a re-hashing of vague spiritual ideas- all of which seem pretty harmless, at first. If you have read the wonderful book by Shakti Gawain called "Creative Visualization", then you will get the idea. It's all about letting go of pretty much everything and letting life take care of itself. So far so good. After reading this lovely book, I felt empowered and happy. I recommend it to anyone- it is very, very easy to read.

After watching some of Mooji's videos, at first I felt a bit spaced-out and kind of elated... but then I was left feeling that I wanted to know more and more. It was like I had found all the answers to life's great questions only.... I hadn't really. There wasn't really any more to know. It left me feeling a bit down at times.... I began to feel as though I really should travel to Mooji's ashram (half way around the world) in order to find out more.... like I was missing something very important. Such is the strange effect this self-styled guru has on people. Like I mentioned, he uses some kind of hypnosis-type technique, I believe. It really draws you in.

The thing is this, readers:- when I began to watch Mooji videos, I was staying in a foreign country where I didn't speak the language... and I was alone for most of the day, as my husband was working. Watching TV was pointless, as none of it was in English... so I was a bit lonely and cut-off from my normal routine. I was vulnerable.

I believe this guru draws in vulnerable people.

What broke the spell for me was one video I watched where a young woman who was totally off the beam came up to Mooji in one of their spiritual indoctrination sessions and laughed hysterically, then sang some kind of devotional song and made a few comments that made absolutely no sense at all. She was clearly in some kind of manic state- definitely someone who needed psychiatric care; like immediately. (I have actually had some experience caring for psychiatric patients.)

The thing is; Mooji acted like her behavior was normal and so did everyone else there! I was very, very surprised that her appearance had not been edited out of the video! But it was a good wake-up call for me.

Then I began searching for more information online... to cut a long story short....there are quite a few people claiming emotional abuse at the hands of Mooji, at his ashram. He attracts vulnerable people, then he exploits them.

He is probably a narcissist, or at least has narcissistic traits. (A former student of Mooji, who is studying psychology, labelled him as such) He is only interested in power. I would not trust him one inch.

I joined the Mooji Facebook group to check it out.... well... the people in that group all act brain-washed and spout the most undecipherable rubbish! Check it out, if you don't believe me. I asked quite a few questions to see what they would say.... honestly, these people are mostly very kind and sweet... but they seem very confused and indoctrinated by quasi-spiritual mumbo-jumbo. You could not get a straight answer from any of them.

All of them seem like the are desperately seeking something, but God help them, I don't believe they will get it from Mooji! (If you have seen the classic Monty Python movie "The Life of Brian" and the scene where the crowd follow a reluctant Brian, then you will understand how these people came across.... yes, they were that bad. It was very sad and kind of funny. They were basically looking for any kind of 'sign' or whatever. They thought Mooji was some kind of God.)

Mooji does not have a legitimate spiritual linage.

His so-called 'master' was the self-styled guru Papaji. Papaji never sanctified Mooji or gave him any indication or permission to teach. Papaji himself was never given any kind of blessing to teach by his own so-called 'master' - a guy named Ramana Marharshi. R. Marharshi may have been Ok... I wouldn't know. He did try to run away from his own ashram several times, because he was tired of people, so go figure....

If you are interested in non-dualism then by all means, read the spiritual texts related to this philosophy and make up you own mind. Don't follow Mooji. He is a con-artist.
"

Date: September 25, 2020 03:20PM

stefa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Namaste, found this on reddit. Did a search of
> this forum's previous post, did not find any, so
> decided to post.
>
> Posted byu/[deleted]2 years ago
> "
> The insidious dangers of Mooji

Posted by PriorToAwareness 1 year ago in response to above article
"
I agree, there's no "dirt" that comes up with those guys as unlike Mooji, they don't have Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Tony (Moo) is a text book case!

[en.wikipedia.org]

Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from other people

Fixation on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.

Self-perception of being unique, superior, and associated with high-status people and institutions

Need for continual admiration from others

Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others

Exploitation of others to achieve personal gain

Unwillingness to empathize with the feelings, wishes, and needs of other people

Pompous and arrogant demeanor
"

Posted by Anonymous 2 years ago
"
I am very concerned about the teachings of Mooji and his take on "non Dualism". Some of what he promotes does mimic 'brain-washing'. He wants to break down people's egos, so as they become empty, spacious, nothing..... He says things like '99% of your thoughts are rubbish'. To me, that is a huge red flag! Once a person has become 'nothing' then they are easily manipulated and exploited. In an ashram they call this a 'break-through', but in reality it is a break-down.

It's impossible to become 'nothing'. We are living breathing beings with lives to live....

Mooji is not enlightened. He practices 'free love' with his young female devotees. Ok, whatever... there is nothing especially wrong with free love, as long as you practice safe sex. The thing is that he takes pains to keep this covered up... why all the secrecy? If promiscuity was part of his spiritual doctrine, then why doesn't he talk about it openly? That would make a lot more sense to me. Check out r/[chi-ting.blogspot.com]
"
Posted by PriorToAwareness 1 year ago
"
Yes, there are over 60 pages of accounts of "cult-like" behavior around Mooji, and his young female devotees etc. Any young woman considering traveling to "see" him should read through this before deciding!
[forum.culteducation.com]
"

Posted by: Maria Lena ()
Date: September 29, 2020 03:48PM

I recommend you watch this Finnish film about a cult. [www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Date: September 30, 2020 04:39PM

Namaste,
Each individual one of us was manifested from a single "collective consciousness" which we have been calling Self, God, Divine, Happiness. In the history of sentient beings, at least of human, we have always been drawn to Liberation, because that's our original nature. E.g we have been intrigued with concepts of immortality, not knowing what we really are because of our identification with the embodiment (body) which we were borned with in time, and which will also expire in time, like fruits on a tree.

Similar to sensitive beings who are attracted to a Jnani, any individual would also be attracted to the potential of Liberation. The cow knows this and capitalizes on it for his egoic benefit, posing as the egoless and liberated. Having a conditioning which is opposite of value to this, we perceived it as "improper". This includes severing of a relationship and starting a new one whenever the opportunity arises.

In the scheme of the "Great Play", there is never good or bad. Such classification only exist in the egoic mind. Everyone is given a role to play, like a movie set, and no matter what, seems to play it to the exact intention of the collective consciousness, and may also serve to imply that everything that happens is by the scheme of all things past present and future. i am sorry to say this, but it also implies that Flo and Helen's death happened for some reasons, also in the great scheme of things. Our consolation is that the existence of cow and the entire harem of cultic practices exists for reasons beyond our egoic comprehension. The egoic me am also glad that i do not need to play the role of the cow, Trump or Hitler. As the Beatles, a famous rock band of the 1960s, sang it after spending spiritual time in Rishikesh, India, "let it be"

What is really important for each one of us, having had our experiences with the cow, record those experiences here at the forum for some future reasons, then try our best to move on to remember our original state of being, which will shed light on the path of those who have yet to realise.

i don't know why i write this, how i manage to write it, i was just compelled to write, i am sure that must be a reason for this...

Respectfully and gratefully yours.

Posted by: itsnowornever ()
Date: October 15, 2020 11:33PM

Venkataraman I resent you for answering: " I can give it, but can you take it?" when a seeker asked you if you could give him Moksha.

Date: October 17, 2020 04:13AM

itsnowornever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Venkataraman I resent you for answering: " I can
> give it, but can you take it?" when a seeker asked
> you if you could give him Moksha.
But he was right, too much Grace can kill a person immediately without liberating him.

It's just like ripping off thousand of years of dried mud stuck to your skin (karma/ego), Can you take it? He adjust the right rate of water to spray at the mud while you sit in His presence. Or you do the self enquiry conscientiously in the comfort of your home and be earnest about it, is just as good. We keep forgetting, and that is intended by Maya, that we are the golden buddha beneath all the mud.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: November 23, 2020 06:56AM

Hi Everyone,

I was just browsing Wikipedia this evening and took a nostalgic peek at the 'Mooji' entry.

Under 'Teachings and Satung' it says:

"One New York Times journalist who attended a satsang described being moved and confused as one young man approached Mooji onstage and buried himself in his lap.[12] Devotees compare Mooji to Jesus, and often line up to receive a hug from him after his talks, and follow him as he leaves.[4] Critics say most people seek out gurus in bad times when they need answers and guidance.[5] Mooji describes his teaching as the easy path to enlightenment.[4] Rationalist Sanal Edamaruku argues that western gurus like Mooji promote a simple formula that appeals to gullible people seeking an easy awakening.[5] The BBC described attendees as mostly well-off whites.[4]"

I was really pleased to read this, as I think it is a fair summation of the Moo Cult. Of course it is very moderate and does not go far enough in denouncing Moo... but at least it gives people a kind of balanced idea of what they might be in for with the whole Mooji trip.

I've noticed at the bottom of the Wikipedia page that Mooji is classified as a 'new religious movement'.

If you click on the definition of a 'new religious movement' - you get this:

"Movements, groups, and organizations that are commonly described in reliable sources as new religious movements, alternative religious movements, cults, marginal religious movements, or equivalent labels should be added to this category."

This warms my heart for some reason. It seems as though the Moo organization is well on their way to being regarded as a cult, by mainstream society. I feel like our work here is almost done. (Of course I'm still very interested to read an new information that comes to light!)

Posted by: facet ()
Date: November 24, 2020 01:07AM

Hate to be all Freudy about this, but a literal added aspect of why people go to Mooji is down to their ‘ideal father” projection.

I witness this with them, and also for the mother with followers to Amma.

Consider it, spending many years unable to connect to either parent, not able to talk to them freely, openly, not accepted as you are, needing all of those things from a parent for many years and never receiving.. it all bubbles up until the moment you are standing face to face with a purported ( what they put out ) and projected ( what you believe, consciously or subconsciously ) ideal.

Mooji takes advantage of this natural part of human nature. Maybe the better word is exploit. Everyone is worth so much more than this type of treatment. Shame that Mooji does not seem to think so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2020 01:13AM by facet.

Posted by: Gaja ()
Date: November 25, 2020 05:30PM

So their show is going on...

Lately I was thinking, no one is writhing here anything. It felt like Moo and his sangha...supplies are not existing.
And really, if you are not thinking about something,or not giving to it attention, it is like it doesn't exist. And life become so peaceful without them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.