Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Abdias824 ()
Date: June 03, 2020 07:27PM

hi Heythere

This is the favoured deflecting tactic of the Ignorant teacher. They just simply categorise all questions as 'meaningless' or 'unnessecary'and divert the questioner to the Generic response of 'forget all that' or 'thats just your mind/ego speaking' The imposter will then implement one of his template dialogues on the nature of the absolute blah blah blah. In reality Mooji BlahBlah is incapable of answering a technical question about the varied aspects of the mind and it's relationship to the seekers own experience. No reference to how the Guru himself managed to move from a state of mind/ego identification to a state of liberation. Blah blah learned early on and painfully that if he goes into the actual science of Advaita or the lived experiences of a seeker he very quickly is exposed as an ignoramous. So he developed the technique of always deflecting the questioner to one of his standard responses which always involve belittling the questioner , making the questioner feel that they simply cannot grasp what he is talking about. He immediately removes all control from the querstioner and assumes a position of authority and mystery. The poor frustrated seeker is left feeling that it is they who are innadequate in some way, unable to understand rather than being able to see that the teacher is in fact unable to convey or impart the neccessary knowledge becdause they simply dont possess that knowledge themselves.

He is surrounded by sycophants , it is totally taboo to challenge him. He becomes very angry when challenged. You will not find anywhere in any video footage of him interacting with a person who has genuine knowledge of Advaita vedanta and having a discourse regarding Absolute reality vs manifest reality. He goes directly to the Absolute position because he knows that no-one will challenge him there. Add some spiritual music , a few Hindu mantras, some imagery, A selection of attractive bug eyed folowers, Lights -camera - action

NOW GIVE ME YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY YOU FUCKING PEASANTS

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heythere1010101 ()
Date: June 04, 2020 12:34AM

Haha, for those who are supplying his funds, if they AREN'T already peasants, they will become peasants soon.
Many contributing to this scheme are quite wealthy, bored, don't know what to do with their money, and wish to pretend to be martyrs and spend their money on their pursuit of enlightenment.
The hapless bunch who are genuinely willing to 'support' mooji in his endeavors are the ones who suffer. People who can't afford to 'play' enlightenment. Usually when you can't afford to play the game anymore, you're sent home, or seen as unreliable. You become an unnecessary aspect of the sahaja lifestyle.

Date: June 04, 2020 12:34AM

By the way, hi Abdias!

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 04, 2020 03:45AM

From Timothy Conway's website.

The description of Karl Renz, a Pooja spin-off may ring a bell.

Am posting this not to distract into discussions of the complexities of advaita, but for a close examination of the tricks utilized by too many satsang teachers -- a project that our message board is well equipped to tangle with.

Do these people all go to the same training camp?

To go right to the description of Karl R's invalidation of question asking,

after you are on Conway's page, do a Control F for search and put these
words what I saw appalled me into the slot.

[www.enlightened-spirituality.org]

This excerpt will give us a taste.

When I saw him [Karl Renz] in Tiruvannamalai, my wife and I initially went because we had been told by many people that “he was the real deal” and thought to be genuinely enlightened. Out of curiosity, we attended a couple of satsangs. At first, I just witnessed, and what I saw appalled me. [My wife] was horrified… she felt physically upset, and I’m not exaggerating (she is very sensitive).

As for myself, I am not so easily put off, but here I perceived a very clever man playing his audience, and I was dismayed to think it was considered a “satsang”, and that the people gathered thought so highly of him.

He would say things like “Who is next? Who wants to step up into the boxing ring?” Because it was a public execution for whoever spoke out, and the audience appeared enthusiastic for the next ignorant jiva [self, soul, person] to have their “ego” dismantled. Whenever Karl struck his nonchalant blows… disregarding the person, confusing them, nullifying their relative stance, and pulling the rug out from under their feet (as you mentioned in points 1 and 10)… the crowd would laugh and laugh, delighted to see the ego be so openly beaten and censured! There was a delirious kind of self-righteous “I know better because I have transcended the need to ask questions and now I’ve got it” complex, which seemed perversely eager to see the next poor, ignorant seeker snuffed out by Karl’s quick mind and clever retort… because isn’t it true that to stop seeking is the mark of a superior understanding? (Or so they seem to think).

And no one could ever win in this boxing match of wits, because Karl always had the upper hand (the one-upmanship you mentioned), and would pull out some “absolutes” from his bag of tricks to render his questioners speechless. In some cases, it would instill a temporary sensation of thoughtless presence, which could be considered a glimpse into the enlightened state (a temporary high). But often, it seemed to result in a kind of confusion, or stupefaction, and not a genuine samadhi. In either case, the main point is that Karl was unwilling to take accountability for his side in the debate, and to engage in a way that demonstrated humility or a mature form of fair and even-handed discussion

The rest of the discussion continues below. You'll have to scroll downwards through this article to find it.

[www.enlightened-spirituality.org]

The rest of the article is a very, very long read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2020 03:50AM by corboy.

Posted by: Gaja ()
Date: June 04, 2020 05:47AM

I've heard those things are for very rich people, people on the page Guruphiliac were writing that, the closest people, who live with Moo, are coming from very rich houses, that their parents are wealthy - but I do not know. I've heard, those rich kids were starting running the sect, and they invited Moo, to live there and join business.

If you are pure consciousness, with pure heart, are you still interested, feel attraction for younger girls, and would like to sniff money ? Or sniff girls, and have attraction for money?
Or maybe Moo chose this way as the only possibility because before he was living with his sister, when he had no work(he humbly said, about how kind she was for him at that time when he was enlightened and couldn't work at school with children). Later, sister went ill, so he left, because he likes to be cared for, but he was never caring toward people. Beside he left his family...he didn't flow very well with his ex wife, perhaps, couldn't listen her talking about little things, like - price of tomatoes rise, or ,could you peel potatoes? (he was like, heh? no, I'm sri sri, sri deserves high respect, self- respected sri never peels vegetables). So he went to sect full of young darlings, who peel vegetables for him, and even kneel in front of him. His ex wife has to be confused. She scratches her head, and think - the same men use to pick his nose in my company and stick it into our new couch, and now, so many people kneel in front of him.

PS. I've met one man, also from Poland, who lived with Moo. He was earning well. He couldn't complain. He had wife and one kid. He said, he spend, all his savings for sect, instead for family, and what more, he told me, people there were trying to bring him new women, he should be with, and which would be more appropriate for him. In the end, his ex wife took him from MS to home. This is, what this man told me. He also said, he was very happy there, and he is miserable, outside in normal life - what was contradictory to my experience.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2020 06:05AM by Gaja.

Is Our Satsang Teacher A Good Listener? Find Out!
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 04, 2020 10:44PM

Is Our Satsang Teacher A Good Listener? Find Out!

Here is what good listeners actually do. For the full story, read the article.

What Great Listeners Actually Do

Good listening is much more than being silent while the other person talks.
Harvard Business Review

Jack ZengerJoseph Folkman

What Great Listeners Actually Do

[getpocket.com]

Excerpts from the article. How does your satsang teacher stack up?

Good listening is much more than being silent while the other person talks.
Good listening included interactions that build a person’s self-esteem.
Good listening was seen as a cooperative conversation.
Good listeners tended to make suggestions. (Not in a way that shuts people up, but demonstrates you've been heard Corboy comment)

This article lists levels of listening and what characterize them. Corboy has abbreviated this list and added some comments in italics.

Please, please read the entire article!

URL here: What Great Listeners Actually Do

[getpocket.com]

Of course, there are different levels of listening. Not every conversation requires the highest levels of listening, but many conversations would benefit from greater focus and listening skill. Consider which level of listening you’d like to aim for:

Level 1: The listener creates a safe environment in which difficult, complex, or emotional issues can be discussed.

Level 2: The listener clears away distractions like phones and laptops, focusing attention on the other person and making appropriate eye-contact....
(Corboy note: these good listeners do *not* need to get you into an isolated controlled setting - and ensure confidentiality. Very different from toxic gurus.)

Level 3: The listener seeks to understand the substance of what the other person is saying...they confirm that their understanding is correct.

Level 4: The listener observes nonbverbal cues, such as facial expressions, perspiration, respiration rates, gestures, posture, and numerous other subtle body language signals. It is estimated that 80% of what we communicate comes from these signals. It sounds strange to some, but you listen with your eyes as well as your ears.

(Corboy comment: experts in non consensual trance also watch for non verbal cues in their subjects. They may fool us that they are listening to us, but are giving us fake empathy. They usually need to get us into situations and settings over which they have total control. Genuinely empathic listeners can do this in any setting and do not need to be control freaks!)

Level 5: The listener increasingly understands the other person’s emotions and feelings about the topic ....The listener empathizes with and validates those feelings in a supportive, nonjudgmental way.

Level 6: The listener asks questions that clarify assumptions the other person holds and helps the other person to see the issue in a new light. This could include the listener injecting some thoughts and ideas about the topic that could be useful to the other person. However, good listeners never highjack the conversation so that they or their issues become the subject of the discussion.

Posted by: stefa ()
Date: June 05, 2020 10:42AM

Abdias824 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hi Heythere
>
> This is the favoured deflecting tactic of the e Ignorant teacher. They just simply categorise
> all questions as 'meaningless' or 'unnessecary'and divert the questioner to the Generic response of
> 'forget all that' or 'thats just your mind/ego speaking' The imposter will then implement one of
> his template dialogues on the nature of the absolute blah blah blah.

When one asks a question, one expects a direct answer, not to be brought through a series of word salad, which leaves one confused, doubting oneself, thinking that by following him, one could 'demystify', 'unravel' the wonders of those confusion, being liberated in the presence of his holiness, least suspecting that it is part of the "programme" to rob one of all reservations about him and give him everything one has and sink into holy hell.

> In reality Mooji BlahBlah is incapable of answering a technical
> question about the varied aspects of the mind and it's relationship to the seekers own experience.
> No reference to how the Guru himself managed to move from a state of mind/ego identification to a
> state of liberation. Blah blah learned early on and painfully that if he goes into the actual
> science of Advaita or the lived experiences of a seeker he very quickly is exposed as an
> ignoramous. So he developed the technique of always deflecting the questioner to one of his
> standard responses which always involve belittling the questioner , making the questioner feel that
> they simply cannot grasp what he is talking about. He immediately removes all control from the
> querstioner and assumes a position of authority and mystery. The poor frustrated seeker is left
> feeling that it is they who are innadequate in some way, unable to understand rather than being
> able to see that the teacher is in fact unable to convey or impart the neccessary knowledge becdause
> they simply dont possess that knowledge themselves.

With Sri Ramana Marharshi, it is different. You go to his ashram, and his Grace provides what you need, your question answered in your heart in the most appropriate manner that is suitable for your future progress and development, even though HE has dropped the body. That's how I could tell that this cow is fake, because I experienced Reality.

At Sri Ramana Ashram, you don't have big-boss-leaders there to tell you what to do, when to do, how to do and make sure you do it. They just give you a list of daily programs, Mon-Sun, and you are free go anywhere, do whatever, not like the slave hole in Odemira, the "most powerful place in the world where beautiful beings" pay good Euros to do seva. How ridiculous is that?

> He is surrounded by sycophants , it is totally taboo to challenge him. He becomes very angry
> when challenged. You will not find anywhere in any video footage of him interacting with a person who
> has genuine knowledge of Advaita vedanta and having a discourse regarding Absolute reality vs
> manifest reality.

People doe not realize that they only have to pay ??10-20USD?? to buy a good book, read it from the comfort of their home and not have to give up their family, part with all savings, offer their bodies, pay through their nose to attend a retreat about "cow jumping over the moon", but progress more in 3 three years than being a hell hole slave for most prime time of your life, "drop everything" til you have nothing else to contribute and cow finds a reason (e.g. new flesh and blood) to kick you out, like how certain people are being kicked out now during the covid-19 outbreak in Odemira. No retreat, no money, many mouths to feed, no way you can touch the golden vault, cut cost, not needed, out you go.

> He goes directly to the Absolute position because he knows that no-one
> will challenge him there. Add some spiritual music , a few Hindu mantras, some imagery, A
> selection of attractive bug eyed folowers, Lights -camera - action
>
> NOW GIVE ME YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY YOU FUCKINGNG PEASANTS

Abdias824, you are a very kind soul, giving him too much credit. What Absolute position? He would not have the capacity to commit the atrocities that have been documented in this forum if he had tasted the Absolute, even for a moment, simply because you would feel the pain that others experience at substratum. He has not even been there, let alone attained the Liberation which he has explicitly or implicitly claims. Liberated souls like Ramana Marharshi would not even flick away the ants feeding off his skin tissues, let alone kill a Heron, put a price on Satsang, and bring grieve to devotees. He seems to be only able to describe it, having memorized it from goodness knows where, and pretend, pretend, pretend. People ought to realized that he is a fake, fake, fake. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Date: June 05, 2020 06:20PM

Hej guys,
I have to say this. For something like 3, or 4 weeks, I'm not interested with spirituality, and famous teachers opinions, sentences anymore, and...
I noticed, I have so much more energy for living, I'm not depressed anymore ! I feel so much better. I meditate still, if some awful memory comes back to me, I just feel it, I'm noticing the room I'm in, and past is coming back less and less to me, I mean less painful.
But I know if I come back to spirituality I would be depressed again. They always try to convince you, there is something wrong, or ego in us, or our way of living is not the best way. I'm out of it. I start live again! Only I feel regret I wasted 7 years for depression, and I have no idea, it was because I was too focused outside, on them,what they have to say, theirs opinions, thinking about problems of spiritual teachers are having. Anyway what else they can talk, like not about problems.

But anyway, I'm glad I'm myself again. I feel the same as at the beginning when I was meditating, before I met Moo. I feel actually sorry for him. He is abusing people, and making them unhappy. I really feel sorry for him.

Date: June 05, 2020 10:14PM

Hi Gaja, I feel this same way as well, I was deep into chasing after teachers, books, taking everything as gospel for about as many years as you have.
When I left sahaja, I had absolutely no interest in any of these things anymore.
I think I got too deep into that world, without checking in, and when you begin to be out of touch with yourself, its easy to be led astray (not to mention all of the unconscious stuff we are already dealing with day to day anyway)
I think for me I had to get completely lost in this world to the point I couldn't go further, in order to turn into myself. You didn't waste your time, now you have some very valuable knowledge.
We are all facing the repercussions of this confusing and toxic experience, which is better than still being in it.

Gaja Wrote:
> Hej guys,
> I have to say this. For something like 3, or 4
> weeks, I'm not interested with spirituality, and
> famous teachers opinions, sentences anymore,
> and...
> I noticed, I have so much more energy for living,
> I'm not depressed anymore ! I feel so much better.
> I meditate still, if some awful memory comes back
> to me, I just feel it, I'm noticing the room I'm
> in, and past is coming back less and less to me, I
> mean less painful.
> But I know if I come back to spirituality I would
> be depressed again. They always try to convince
> you, there is something wrong, or ego in us, or
> our way of living is not the best way. I'm out of
> it. I start live again! Only I feel regret I
> wasted 7 years for depression, and I have no idea,
> it was because I was too focused outside, on
> them,what they have to say, theirs opinions,
> thinking about problems of spiritual teachers are
> having. Anyway what else they can talk, like not
> about problems.
>
> But anyway, I'm glad I'm myself again. I feel the
> same as at the beginning when I was meditating,
> before I met Moo. I feel actually sorry for him.
> He is abusing people, and making them unhappy. I
> really feel sorry for him.

Date: June 06, 2020 05:04AM

Heythere1010101 Wrote:
> Hi Gaja, I feel this same way as well, I was deep
> into chasing after teachers, books, taking
> everything as gospel for about as many years as
> you have.
> When I left sahaja, I had absolutely no interest
> st in any of these things anymore.
> I think I got too deep into that world, without
> ut checking in, and when you begin to be out of
> touch with yourself, its easy to be led astray
> (not to mention all of the unconscious stuff we
> are already dealing with day to day anyway)
> I think for me I had to get completely lost in
> in this world to the point I couldn't go further,
> in order to turn into myself. You didn't waste
> your time, now you have some very valuable
> knowledge.
> We are all facing the repercussions of this
> confusing and toxic experience, which is better
> than still being in it.
>
>
>
Hi,
of course, this is good to discuss it, to come to know what actually had happened. to know better.To not make the same mistakes, to grow out of this, wiser, and stronger. To worn those who are wiser than I was, and are checking gurus out before they get caught in the trap of spirituality.

I was leaving spirituality like for few times. After some time I was coming back, with checking out what influence it will have on me, I was then naive and doubting myself, I thought, they cannot be as bad . But every time, it has negative influence on me. This time this is the end, I feel it. I feel too good to ruin what I already have.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.