Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Abdias824 ()
Date: May 29, 2020 02:32AM

Hello Heythere

I am glad that you found this forum and now feel able to write about what has been going on for you. I see you wroted about reading my funny posts he he, im glad it made you giggle. I will say that for me the MOO-Young - experience was extremely upsetting , at times , shortly after leaving , i wanted to kill myself and was in a state of deep despair and confusion. I do not have any underlying mental health issues. So firstly i would say this forum was really helpful for me. It enabled me to express what had happened and to expose the whole sahaja shit eating grin spiritual charade. Reading what others were saying helepd clear up my doubts. Thats the weird thing .. I still doubted my own mind, my own feelings Sometimnes i would begin thinking that i had imagined the whole thing and made a terible mistake by leaving . I would say that it is important to have support , someone you can confide in. I had an amazing friend and would speak to her almost every day for months. I would check this forum a lot too and got a lot of strength from the stuff other people were writing. Dont beat yourself up too much oh little one , dont regret any of it at all, in days to come you will see that it makes you stronger and wiser. My life is truly blessed today , i have discovered the Truth and feel only pity for those poor ones who are blinded by the dark shadow of his callous ego.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: May 29, 2020 05:48AM

Hi Abdias824,

welcome back! It's good to hear that you are doing okay and have support in your life. I read you posts again too, and they are hilarious. :)
Please to feel free to elaborate on anything you can recall from Monte Sahaja - this will be a huge benefit for anyone reading this who has recently left the cult.

Posted by: Heythere1010101 ()
Date: May 30, 2020 01:50AM

RevoG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don’t know if anybody else has come across these
> satirical spoofs, but they’re great at puncturing
> the bubble of nonsense created by Moo and the
> like. Lightens the mood too....
>
> [youtu.be]

This is so funny, I found his (JP Sears) book when I had come back from sahaja!! I was laughing through the whole thing. Could not believe what I was seeing. Things like this are what actually got me through what happened.
I love this guy!

Posted by: RevoG ()
Date: May 30, 2020 06:09PM

Heythere

Great to see you’ve kept a sense-of-humour intact throughout your experience. Being able to laugh at our own follies is essential in maintaining a balanced outlook on life and our ability to screw it and ourselves up.

In my brief interactions with the local sangha, it was evident there was a near-perfect correlation between the degree of devotion by ‘beloveds’ to phoney-Tony, and the ability for self-reflection and humour. The the more earnest the self-absorbed spiritual seeker, the less capacity for self-reflection and humour, certainly humour of the self-deprecating kind.

It’s doubtful even JP Sears pin-point accurate dissections could penetrate the holy auras of those acolytes.....though I’m sure he’d give it a good try !

Posted by: stefa ()
Date: May 30, 2020 06:31PM

Namaste Everybody,

I saw a video posted by his holiness about injustice being done to George Floyd.

[www.youtube.com]

He speaks of compassion and caring for the world, and I cannot help think about those who committed suicide and the countless who have been hurt. He said, "I don't see anyone different from me". Did he see the heron which he caused to be shot down any different from him? Sure he did, it was taking koi out from his pond for its babies. Were the heron's babies any different from him? Sure, they were hungry while he was well fed from cashing in from devotees. Does he feel compassion towards beings? Sure, it is simply pure hypocrisy in front of the camera.

Date: May 30, 2020 10:08PM

Yes, a sense of humor I think is essential. Never really thought about it, but your right, although mooji often talks of being 'light', not taking things 'so seriously' it's clear that there are certain things within the mooji scene, that are not acceptable as humor (such as joking about mooji haha)

I had an extremely difficult night last night and beyond my wishes the George Floyd case was presenting itself in more ways than one. The people I live with made racist slurs referring to the case, and the riots, and it was extremely disturbing to me to see this.
I ended up finding that mooji video and watching it because I genuinely did not know what to do (obviously find a new place to live first of all) with the anger I was feeling.
I did actually reach out to mooji in this moment, although I did not reach out to him as a guru or spiritual person, just as something to try to get a more grounded perspective on the whole thing.
I feel that it was helpful in a way, and I have heard him talk on subjects like this in person in intimate settings, like the one in the video
(if you listen you can hear a male voice repeating again and again "yes Guruji, yes, yes moojiji, which is strange. If there is any doubt to the commitment the people who live in monte sahaja have, listen to this guy in this video, it is very revealing I think)

He would do this quite often with many different subjects even when I was there years ago. Disturbing things he had seen here and there, that had 'effected' him and he 'felt to talk about it'. The tone of these talks has a strange militant feel to them. I don't know how to describe it, it is like he is trying to convince his devotees that many things that happen in the world are horrible and terrifying, and that you have to 'stand up' and 'fight for your right' through events like these. Kind of like he's giving permission for the sangha to be angry about it.

He says in this video, that most of the time you will not hear a spiritual teacher speak about things like this, but that this has effected him very deeply (and effected people all over the world deeply) and so he must speak about it.

To me, he is a guy that can have a valuable perspective on things. He is not enlightened.

However, the other side is, this is the type of thing that is attractive about mooji, and convincing that he is 'different from other teachers'. It is this exact type of behavior that attracts people to him.

He is acknowledging and discussing serious issues in a more open and eloquent way than presidents, role models or authority figures would. The world is very volatile right now, and is the type of personality and guidance people seem to be looking for on their spiritual journey.

Maybe people are just looking for a leader of some sort because there is very destructive guidance happening in the world right now.

I don't know, I can see at times why someone would start to trust a person like mooji, how that cycle begins.

Hopefully that wasn't too much info.,
Thanks you guys, have a great day, peace

Posted by: RevoG ()
Date: May 30, 2020 10:53PM

Heythere

Moo’s own sister was shot by the Metropolitan Police in London in 1985, which then triggered the Brixton riots (she lived but was paralysed). Most probably his video is a personalised reaction to something he identifies closely with ie institutional police brutality/racism , rather than a generalised feeling of compassion for marginalised communities. This is of course only my opinion, I may be wrong.

Date: May 30, 2020 10:55PM

I thought it was interesting I actually got through an entire video, usually I can't and have to turn them off immediately (if I do try to watch one)

It's also nice to have an avenue to share this, I feel that going back and forth is part of the complicated process of distancing yourself from this type of experience.
Perhaps similar to substance abuse situations, when you have a relapse

Date: May 30, 2020 11:03PM

Yes, I agree that his reactions to these events are very personal.

Interesting as his regime is to entirely eschew personal experiences and events.

He convinces people to release their person, then turns around and tells them what is ok to experience or not. He has total domination over some of these people.

On the topic of banishing personal experience, I would like to say, that is a complete 'mooji'-ism spin-off, misinterpreting the release of 'ego'.
It is really ridiculous, becomes completely off the subject of Advaita vedanta entirely, and creates a farce out of the whole practice.

His created spiritual world has little or nothing to do with vedanta, it is mostly ego created.

And clearly he still has very deep personal experiences himself

ARrrrrrrggg whyyyyyyyyy is this guy pretending to be a teacher????

Posted by: Leavingmooji ()
Date: May 31, 2020 04:25AM

I’m pretty sure the fatty cow took the chance of the conmotion that’s going on around the world to get some followers. Talking about the mainstream subject from a compassion point of view to attract some soft-minded people(who i once was) who feel threatened about all this and turn them into his bitches.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.