Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: stefa ()
Date: May 17, 2020 10:08AM

Gaja Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> while Moo is holding Krishanabi in his arms, he
> should say : some people are being so not loyal to
> me.

Namaste Everybody, actually I don't understand why there is so much fuss over sarah. What I mean is I don't understand why Moo is so much into her. Why is he giving up the forest for her? What is he seeing in her that he don't see in us? Seriously, there is Lakshmi, there is Sumantra, there is also Mirabai, Sanoja, Amita,...,A-Z, you name it you have it. If I were a guy, I would go for Sumantra; she is patient, sweet in subtle ways and very kind..maybe we were not submissive enough, I don't know, I am not Moo, and cannot imagine being in Moo's position. Poor old man, so many until he cannot decide. It seems sarah may not be the last one, think she is only there until until he finds a better one...I think...

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 17, 2020 11:29AM

Heythere1010101 Wrote:
> Now, I will say, there is a strong devotee base,
> of about 30 people, who have been at sahaja, and
> with mooji, either from before sahaja was built
> (and helped to build it, and rumor has it smuggle
> money into portugal)

Namaste, the base does not seem to be as strong as it presents, not anymore.

Remember Gail Tredwell, a former devotee of Amritanandamayi who wrote a book entitled "Holy Hell", documenting about the two decades of her life as a disciple of the Indian Guru?.

Managed to talk to my local sangha leader recently, who hinted about a change of heart in the inner circle; some have had enough of the random occasions of being shouted at and shamed in front of resident + guest devotees. So cracks have started to widened and secret factions have formed from the 'holy order'. They seem to be staying to work on gathering 'data'.

According to this local sangha leader, sangha leaders in union and asian regions , even devotees in sisterland at odemira are starting to 'look' and 'observe' at what is being said and done by the cow. This is hardly surprising since actions seen outside video-cam seemed to contradict what has been preached. Hopefully in the not so distant future, you may get to read about the secret life story of another 'holy teacher'.

Posted by: Gaja ()
Date: May 17, 2020 08:45PM

>
> Namaste Everybody, actually I don't understand why
> there is so much fuss over sarah. What I mean is I
> don't understand why Moo is so much into her. Why
> is he giving up the forest for her? What is he
> seeing in her that he don't see in us? Seriously,
> there is Lakshmi, there is Sumantra, there is also
> Mirabai, Sanoja, Amita,...,A-Z, you name it you
> have it. If I were a guy, I would go for Sumantra;
> she is patient, sweet in subtle ways and very
> kind..maybe we were not submissive enough, I don't
> know, I am not Moo, and cannot imagine being in
> Moo's position. Poor old man, so many until he
> cannot decide. It seems sarah may not be the last
> one, think she is only there until until he finds
> a better one...I think...

Sarah in one interview said that when she saw him first time, it was like they knew each other from previous lives. He is for her long lost friend, more intimate than a friend.

There was one interview of moo, he was giving is Spain I guess.On youtube is called entervista, or something like that. That was in 2005 I guess. And there you may see much of romance going on between them two. I won't find the video for you, because seeing moo make me wanna puke.

If I knew at the begining he is having affair with her, I woudn;t go for his satsang, and I wouldn;t treat him seriously, and I wouldn't go through hell. The worst part is, he didn't even deserve. Sometimes, you may go through much of deficulty in life, if you love someone. But I let my life being ruined by some guy living comfortably on some pleasure land, having romances,and smiling on pictures on facebook.
I regret greatly I ever met him.

That would be all from me what I wanted to say. I'm moving on with my life. I want to forget all of this, and start again. I just made mistake when I trusted moo 7 years ago. He damaged me, but I guess many people are going through traumas in their lives, and they have to deal with it on their own. So my pain is not so different from theirs. And there is not explanation why this happened.

I wish you all good lack. You are very good people, who's goodness was exploit by selfish moo.
I think the best and most compassionate thing I can do, is to forget moo, and the things he done to me. And move on.

Date: May 17, 2020 10:30PM

Namaste, presented below is my personal attempt to link suicide to teachings. It may not be a good link, so I need everyone’s kind assistance to scrutinize, discuss / critique and correct.

1. Invitation to Freedom by Moo & Gang Inc. starts with a “room of my own being” and before entering, I need to leave all my thoughts outside. This is basically visualization, one of the most powerful tools in self-hypnosis.

[www.hypnosisdownloads.com]

This teaching attempts to turn your attention inward as Ramana Marharshi, Nisargadatta and all other saints have guided towards. It seems to fail because it uses the mind to create a room and another new idea of yourself. The new idea of yourself then attempts to leave the old idea of yourself outside the room, before entering the room. How messy is that? “Leaving shoes” outside are also additional projections that we also don’t need. This may explain why people are so confused or complain of losing the blissful experience after a while, like being addicted to dope and chasing after the cow because want more of it.

2. Risk of self-hypnosis are dizziness, headache, feelings of anxiety, false memories

[www.mayoclinic.org]

3. Risk factors for depression are abuse, poor nutrition, stress, neglectful relationships, hash living conditions, discrimination, homelessness and can sometimes be paired with, or be a reaction to anxiety.

[www.verywellmind.com]
[www.webmd.com]

4. Risk factors for suicide are mental disorders, particularly depression and other mood disorders, social isolation, lack of access to behavioral health care

[www.sprc.org]

Is the link from teaching to suicide established? Or am I missing of something? Or totally off-track? Kindly comment. Thank you.

Date: May 17, 2020 10:35PM

Gaja Wrote:
> I think the best and most compassionate thing I
> can do, is to forget moo, and the things he done
> to me. And move on.

My dear sis, being compassionate towards him is also being compassionate towards yourself because we are projections from One.

Date: May 17, 2020 11:27PM

stefa Wrote:
> Gaja Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > I think the best and most compassionate thing I
> > can do, is to forget moo, and the things he
> done
> > to me. And move on.
>
> My dear sis, being compassionate towards him is
> also being compassionate towards yourself because
> we are projections from One.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: May 18, 2020 05:54AM

Hi Gaja, you wrote. refering to Moo and Khrishnabai.

"If I knew at the begining he is having affair with her, I woudn;t go for his satsang, and I wouldn;t treat him seriously, and I wouldn't go through hell."

I think a lot of people would be put off by the fact that Moo has taken a young devotee into an intimate relationship. By all reports, Khrisnabai believes that Moo actually is God. Not just God's representative, but God in person. But isn't it unusual that God would want to have sex with a human being? It doesn't seem very Godly to me! He must be a pervert-God.
(Of course I am no theologian. I would have to consult the Pope about this technicality.)

Date: May 18, 2020 06:22AM

To be honest it has no meaning to me, if someone is God. He attracted people in his life,who attach to the idea of God, some big importance. I saw this brainwashing in churches.If someone disrespect the idea of God, they have in their heads, they get fearful and may fight against you, in the name of some God. The same thing is happening at moo cult. If you tell one of his devotees, he is not God, she/he will get angry and try to protect his/her believes. Ego- created believes- system.

Date: May 18, 2020 06:48AM

You know what hurts me the most. I do not give any importance about his money, lands, whatever he has, I do not care much about stuff. I do not care if he became God, and has all of this worship of people. It has no meaning to me.

What is hurting me, is that he abused me. And I know he abused much more people. And he act as if nothing happened, he is still happy, and doesn't care.

You know what he said, after he abused me : "do not take life too seriously, do not think why this happened to me, because this is ego. You know this is just life, there will be that point in your life where you realize all is just passing, you have to just move on". And he got packed and took off to his comfort zone with his girlfriends, and left me,paranoid on the street. Who does that? How uncaring, selfish jerk would do that? What for to abuse people? What he is getting out of this? The sense of power? Does he feel anything? How it is like, to not feel anything, to treat people like that and live happily as if nothing happened? How it is like to be such a fool?

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: May 18, 2020 07:06AM

Hi Stefa,

I think you have made a good analysis of the problems associated with hypnosis and trance induction, cult dynamics, depression, anxiety and suicide.

It is quite a convoluted issue and there needs to be more formal research into the dangers of cults in general.

1. The self inquiry technique -
This was probably never intended to be taught to students who were not prepared emotionally, spiritually and psychologically to receive it. It was probably never intended to be taught without some kind a firm ethical and moral background in place and without a deeper understanding of Advaita Vedanta philosophy.
It's like trying to teach advanced astrophysics to a group of twelve year old high-school science students. Yes, there may be some understanding on some level, but the teaching has to fit into a much broader framework of reference, in order for it to be integrated into life experience.

2. Hypnosis or trance-induction
Trance experiences are very common in everyday life and most people are susceptible. If someone is speaking softly and slowly, getting slower and slower as they proceed and this induces a feeling of relaxation in the listener, then this is trance. You are in a very receptive state when you are both relaxed and focused. If the speaker tells you things while you are in this relaxed state, then you are more likely to believe them, and agree with them.

But what is the speaker is a cult leader and they are telling you confusing and contradictory things... things that you have no experience in deciphering? This will be disorienting and alienating. What if you are continually told not to trust your own mind?

3. The silent retreat or the ashram
'Keeping the silence' sounds very spiritual and might feel peaceful for a few days. But what if silence is used deliberately and consistently to stop people seeking clarification about things they don't understand? What if silence is uniformly enforced upon people who may be experiencing some anxiety and depression, loneliness and confusion? We are talking about young people who are separated from their families and friends, who are being introduced to ideas that they would have questions about. Many of these people speak English as a second language, too. They are in a very vulnerable position. All the time they are being taught that their own mind is the enemy.

The Mooji organisation consistently states that they cannot offer people any kind of psychological support if they experience mental health issues.

4. Bizarre practices
If people at the ashram do present with outward psychological symptoms, they may be subjected to 'exorcisms' in order to 'expel dark energies' or whatever. Can you imagine someone who is young and vulnerable, psychologically confused and isolated from their usual support structures being subjected to a strange ritual that they don't understand? Do you really think that is going to help them?
This is likely to cause them further anxiety and trauma.
What if they are subjected to a forced hair-cutting (public humiliation) ceremony? Would this make them feel better?
No.

5. Anxiety, depression and suicidal thoughts
These things are not uncommon among the general population, as has been often explained by various people on this forum. Statistically, it is no surprise that among a large group of people, there would have one or two people that are having suicidal thoughts. This would be true at your local golf club, at your place of employment and at universities, knitting circles, book clubs and churches.
However, most people (not all) would have some access to medical care and would have friends and family, or work colleagues who were able to facilitate their access to this care. It does appear that in a cult situation, this chain of care is completely absent.
It seems that people are not receiving care, they are receiving it too late, or else they are receiving extremely inappropriate care, which in itself may be harmful.

In conclusion, we can see that the cult environment embodies the 'perfect storm' - a domino effect of progressive events that lead to confusion, despair and helplessness in the participants. It is no surprise that we see psychosis and suicide under these conditions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2020 07:12AM by Sahara71.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.