Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Gaja ()
Date: May 10, 2020 09:55AM

Let him be a god, let him play his role. Who bothers with him? I do not care what kind of childish game he plays. He may live his dream. Perhaps he didn't find his free will yet, so he has to act his performance.
When my 4 years old nephew pretend to be dinosaur or police man. I can enjoy seeing him happy, with his imagination of being bigger, stronger or more powerful. That is child thing. Let Mooji to be a child. If he was ready to grow, he would, he is not ready yet. He needs devotees attention and being acknowledged by them. Did you ever noticed, he is not having friends around his age ? Why is that? I never saw him in his daily life to be around with people with his age. You know why? Because he is not mature for it. Only young, naive, stupid, not mature people would go for him. No one around his age would want to be in relationship with him. Perhaps because mature and grown people, do not like waste their time for something as ridicules as his behaviour, they have better company to engage with.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: May 10, 2020 10:50AM

Thank you both Heythere101 and Gaja,

It is good to read a very insightful description of what Monte Sahaja is like, Heythere101. If you can remember anything else, then I am sure people here would love to read it - for example the kind of things were said to you and others that were supposed to 'discipline' you?

Also some details about the hygiene situation there?

Posted by: Heythere1010101 ()
Date: May 10, 2020 01:46PM

Haha, yes, I agree, mooji makes it a point to praise the young people who come there.
"Look at all these beautiful beautiful beings, and always so surprising how young and they are understanding these things?" - mooji
I have heard him say this in satsang
The reason they are attracted, is because, when you first here about this ORIGINAL teaching of advaita vedanta, if you understand it, and are sensitive, you fall head over heels in love with this teaching.
The issue is, the people he is 'leading' they do not understand, they are in love with the teaching, but he is convincing them they are in love with HIM
its actually disgusting
because it is an incredible teaching
Younger people fall for it because they havent been spiritually jaded yet, they are willing to believe

I tried to talk to mooji outside of satsang many times and was repeatedly scolded by 'senior devotees' that I should talk to him 'in my heart'
But that was nothing compared to the campsite "managers" with whom when I tried to hitch a ride to sahaja from the campsite (which was a about a 10 min car ride away) on a silent retreat, they stopped the car, demanded everyone get out and the woman literally yelled at me "What is wrong with you?! What do you think you are doing!?"
Because we werent 'supposed' to be at sahaja at that time
they regulate who goes in and comes out (or try to), very often they cant regulate it efficiently because in reality everyone is just doing whatever the hell they want while pretending they have power over others.
That's why so much weird crazy stuff ends up happening there, they have this huge facade of the importance of regulating who 'gets in' and 'stays' and who 'deserves to be there' at sahaja, when really everyones trying to rip each other apart to get to mooji or get his attention in some way.

After my friend and I left, who is now in the asylum, they issued an 'outlaw' of 'wild camping' to ensure noone can camp freely outside of a campground or facility run by mooji.org, ensuring noone can stay there without someone from the mooji corp. to get paid
Also after I left, they implemented the "application' form you have to fill out before going to sahaja, or satsang
When I went there, satsang was completely free, anyone could fly there and show up at satsang, it was completely open,
right after I had left they created more regulations, rules and restrictions on who would be attending satsang, and if they 'fit' the requirements, complete with a VIDEO of you explaining why you deserve to be there and deserve to be at sahaja or a retreat with him

Back to the discipline, ah yes, now i remember, my 'team leaders', I was assigned to 'land care' which shivali is the head of, and worked with a 'elder devotee in training'
Then I worked in 'construction', constructing roads, I kid you not, shoveling dust off of the pathways, shoveling rocks to fill in holes and creating pathways, and painting buildings (in extremely dangerous situations, i seem to remember a ladder at the edge of a steep cliff) around sahaja.
I am 100 lbs. I overworked myself dangerously and was praised for it.
The first day I went to a meeting, I was yelled at by the 'team leader' of the construction team because I had left the (fake) jobsite early, she found me later and said 'you left?!' I asked ' I cant leave the jobsite when I want to?' and she goes "NO YOU CANT LEAVE?!!' as though I was insane for suggesting I had the freewill to do such a thing

The hygiene is very specific
all over the campsites and in sahaja
5 min time limit on showers, 10 min absolute max
you will most likely get kicked out if you take a shower for more than 5 mins.
hot water you have to use sparingly, usually you are using cold water at all times, even though it gets really cold in portugal, you are still discouraged from taking a warm shower
They wash everything with a mixture of vinegar and water exclusively all day every day
Compost toilets and timed water for showers
It is very clean and well maintained, however, when your the one cleaning, and you cant take a proper shower, or feel guilty for taking care of your personal hygiene, that's where the issue starts
I feel that they put a huge emphasis on cleanliness and tidiness in all the campsites and in SAHAJA, to ensure, theyre reputation stays squeaky clean.
however for the people ACTUALLY doing the work and cleaning everything, they are not getting the time to take care of themselves, and give themselves those same benefits.
And again, they see this as a 'priviledge'. It is the 'masters seva', so, even if you personally clean a toilet for mooji (which I have also done) your ecstatic, your in 'heaven'

you use the soap they make, unless you have your own
Usually work is done in extreme conditions, with very little protection. This is hard labor, in the hot sun (its really hot during the day, & very cold at night), construction, painting, moving gravel, shoveling gravel, making roads.
They have an entire road system going through sahaja and all the campsites

Sahaja, or the campsites are the only 'oasis', if you venture off the road, you have miles of absolutely nothing, its in the middle of the portugese woods. There is nowhere you could go if you needed to immediately, and most people do not have transportation, other than the campsite owners

Date: May 10, 2020 01:58PM

I was trying to remember that construction girls name it was "risha'
I remember her saying fervently to me while working 'I'm getting married. Married to Our Savior god himself'
the people 'working' here believe they are doing a penence or display of martyrdom in order to 'win' the enlightenment of 'god'
Anyway, I just wanted to add, the people who are doing all this work and taking 5 min cold showers at the end of a 10 hr workday, are PAYING to stay there
and feel 'blessed'

Date: May 10, 2020 08:43PM

This is very good business. And what more, this is not public property. Only personal. I saw ugly videos, when Moo with Krishnabai, were driving around Monte, with this little white golf car(Moo knows how to impress young lady), and watching how much stuff is done on the Land, as if the were king and queen of the Land.

Date: May 10, 2020 09:09PM

Last evening I spend on being totally depressed. I had flashback : when Moo was arrogantly speaking to me, with his raised voice : "I'm going to burn you, you see bird is fling, whatever..."- the rest I do not remember but he was talking with his proudness and his devotees giggled, or were laughing.
I let myself feel what I was feeling, and I felt emotional ache, and I cried a lot. I know that Moo enjoy hurting people.

Many people on facebook considered him-Moo to be loving and kind. I do not have such a memories of him. I have memories which drag me, to total depression mood. I have many and many of those flashbacks. And from time to time, I have to feel all of this unpleasentness of being once his emotional slave. Even though I do not hear or see him for years now, his abused of power and carelessness is coming back to my memory and abuse me again, and again. Perhaps at that time, I was disconected with my emotions, and I was protecting myself, so I was letting him to treat me badly. Now I know better, and I would never go for new traumas.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 10, 2020 11:31PM

Dear Heythere, you've described some interesting stuff.

In the state where I live, law requires that for an 8 hour day we get:

* Two 10-minute breaks
* Half an hour for lunch

* Training on back protection and methods for safe lifting and transport of supplies

* Boots or closed toe shoes to be work on worksites.

* Scheduled fire drills
* Scheduled emergency evacuation drills

* Access to water especially in hot weather

* First aid kids prominently displayed and we are taught where they are.

Supervisors and work leaders trained in first aid and have telephone access to
summon emergency medical care.

Do you have anything like this at the Monte Sahaja worksites?

When persons arrive at Monte Sahaja are they required to have up to date immunizations and test negative for TB? Or documentation from a licensed physician that if they did have active TB that it has been arrested.

A former Moo devotee named Joyfree also listed these questions about satsang assembly hall safety:

Let’s add following:

- is there sufficient light on the paths to offer safe passage?
- Are entrance and exits marked?
- Is the electrical equipment correctly fixed?
- Are those tested by an authorized person?
- Are the gas-bottles used for warm water in the showers, kitchen, etc. properly applied and inspected by an authorized person?
- Is there an evacuation plan in case of fire?
- Are there any fire alarms and have those been tested?
- Are exit doors effective enough for the capacity of people hosted in case of evacuation?
- Are fire drills performed?
- What are the measurements to ensure an bacteria-free environment?
- Do emergency cars have access?

—- one might not even dare to imagine what happens in case of emergency, if over 800 people are squeezed in an around a hall with a capacity of a quarter! With no lightning on the paths and you are supposed to used your own flashlight.
You are truly left at the mercy of God!

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 10, 2020 11:37PM

Just in case any disruptors show up here, feel free to contact Rick Ross
by private message.

Anyone of us can check in with Mr. Ross at any time.

[forum.culteducation.com]

If any of you get a private message that feels strange or intimidating, send a copy to Rick Ross. He wants this message board to remain safe and welcoming.

We have had troll problems before on this discussion.

If anyone seems disruptive, check their profile, see how recently they registered and if they have earlier posts, read them. This gives a good idea of their previous behavior.

Pay attention to people close to Moo. Later on, they may associate with another expensive, famous guru.

Or they may start careers as gurus themselves.

Date: May 11, 2020 01:44AM

Yes, you are wise to have left, although I STILL doubt myself and sometimes find myself nostalgic for the 'mooji/sahaja' experience, it's an adrenaline rush, it's very unregulated, romantic, dramatic and spiritual.
it's a seductive world when you are proclaiming you are god.
I have seen many instances of emotionally inappropriate things happening there, involving mooji interacting with his devotees. He says he has 'the authority' to treat people this way, and it is not true. Also in his perspective (apparently, as he would elude to things like this) the world is just 'too uptight' about boundaries and writes this behavior off as a necessary 'evil', to get people in the world to 'loosen up'.
It's the worlds 'rules and restrictions' that are causing all of this torment and anguish in people, and yet, they have many similar bureaucratic rules and regulations (that continue to become more and more complex) in sahaja and surrounding mooji. But when mooji (or the senior devotees) feels like it, or says so boundaries are 'bad'.
It's actually just classic predatory emotional dependency and abuse. Creating the illusion of safety, and that you need them to 'save' you, until you start thinking you need them as well, and that's when they lay down the 'rules'. Then you are compelled to follow them because in a sense you feel you are emotionally trapped by this person

I have to talk about the 'supernatural' things that go on in sahaja as well.
This are indeed a very important aspect about this whole phenomena, but rarely talked about
I have seen people there go into convulsions and shocks, screaming hysterically, and mooji performing many types of 'exorcisms' on people.
these are common daily occurences in sahaja, and a very important, and undiscussed part of life there.
He calls this 'getting rid of stale energies' that were picked up throughout life.
People go into these swoons just from being in his presence.
There are also genuine spiritual breakthroughs that happen in satsang.
When these breakthroughs occur, depending on the devotion of the seeker, they will be pressured in some way to maintain the relationship with mooji, through mooji, or other devotees. If you don't 'stick with mooji' after your breakthrough, you are seen as a 'backslider' into sin. In the inner circle, I mean, with the 'sahajans' (as they call themselves).
This is also important! The tribe mentality is very evangelical at times, leaning on strict religious-y notions of 'loyalty to god' with mooji as 'god. If you havent established 'loyalty' to mooji once you've had a spiritual experience you are ostracized and warned about your behavior.
Transient people at retreats or the open satsangs in india are not a threat to this 'loyalty', also theres cameras.
The only 'free' events happening with mooji now, are the rishikesh satsangs, which I feel are used as a 'recruit' event as well as other satsangs and retreats. Mooji picks and chooses from these who can have an exclusive trip to sahaja and stay there for whatever amount of time he chooses, then Shree takes the information of the person and plans when and where they'll stay. I know this from first hand experience and saw this happen with many young people at the satsangs.

What makes it an insidious place or experience, is all of the things that dont add up and that are silenced in order to upkeep the image of mooji/sahaja

Date: May 11, 2020 01:46AM

I didnt see these other questions, I will respond soon to the technical safety questions. Very interesting points on that as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.