Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 17, 2020 11:33PM

Let us watch and see whether Tony Moo and his high rankers remain at Monte Sahaja to give spiritual support and provide sanitary seva services and resources to the humble devotees.

Devotees gave seva service to build Monte Sahaja. Now, in their time of need, they need seva service from the man they love and trust. Seva service to preserve their health - and serve the general public outside of Monte Sahaja.

Given the expert attention to tracking stefa's travels in India, we can be optimistic Moo Personnel will be just as expert at managing, nay micromanaging every possible action to ensure that all devotees at Monte Sahaja will have everything they need for their health, their dignity and their well being during the pandemic that now prevails.

And that they will not be left homeless or without leadership during this remarkable time.

Corboy has a modest suggestion.

Let Moo use his resources to fly ample supplies of sanitary water, soap, paper towels to Monte Sahaja.

There are services that supply shower facilities and sinks for large populations, such as disaster personnel fighting fires, large festival crowds.

Let Moo arrange that these provided immediately at Monte Sahaja.

Make sure all residents at Monte Sahaja are up to date with immunizations, especially flu and pneumonia. Getting flu and pneumonia shots facilitates differential diagnosis of Covid-19, because if a patient already has had flu and pneumonia shots, these can be ruled out and a diagnosis of Covid-19 be made more rapidly and the patient and close contacts can be quarantined at once.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2020 11:45PM by corboy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: March 18, 2020 06:43AM

Thanks Horowitz,

for the informative article by Mathew Remski which talks about a different cult -

[matthewremski.com]

A quote from the open letter by former members of this group:

“As is commonplace in high demand groups, a member of the larger community could attend a number of (insert cult name) programs and not notice the patterns described here. This is in part because of the ways systemic grooming operates, in part because abuse of power maintains plausible deniability through subtlety, and in large part because of a tremendous effort on the part of senior students to hide and shuffle responsibility for behaviors otherwise incongruent with the stated vision and principles of the organization.”

This is what we see again and again with the Moo organisation - we see people who have attended a 10 day retreat or belonged to one of the international sangha groups coming forward to defend Moo - because they, themselves did not personally see any abuse form Moo. They were not personally subject to abuse, therefore it could not have possibly happened.

I think the person posting here on CEI as "Applejuice" was one such person - everything the Moo Organization did that was questionable had some kind of complicated explanation, or was being misinterpreted or misunderstood, according to this devotee.

Although there have been people who have attended the 10 day retreats and come away with the impression that what they were witnessing was like a highly staged entertainment event - a spiritual pantomime.

Then we have quite a lot of people saying that Moo's close devotees are the ones who are potentially abusive and manipulative - I think Rob Juliano is one such person. I have also seen a report on Reddit where one attendee called Moo's team "as weird as f_ck".

Seeing the video footage of the Moo devotee "Rose" online, personally gives me the same impression - what a strange and disoriented person - she even looked disheveled and unkept:

[www.youtube.com]

We also repeatedly see that high demand groups like Moo's group operate very much on the fringes of society, tend to persist against all odds, and in many cases are not technically breaking the law (although many of them are guilty of offences that are well-hidden).
All people can really do is be aware that such groups exist, and that they cause a lot of unhappiness, disappointment, psychological problems such as PTSD, they rip people off financially and tear families apart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2020 06:45AM by Sahara71.

Posted by: stefa ()
Date: March 18, 2020 10:55AM

Sahara71 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is what we see again and again with the Moo
> organisation - we see people who have attended a
> 10 day retreat or belonged to one of the
> international sangha groups coming forward to
> defend Moo - because they, themselves did
> not
personally see any abuse form Moo. They
> were not personally subject to abuse, therefore it
> could not have possibly
> happened.
>
> Although there have been people who have attended
> the 10 day retreats and come away with the
> impression that what they were witnessing was like
> a highly staged entertainment event - a spiritual
> pantomime.
>

Namaste, spirituality develops at different rates in individuals. Some are very ripe, like gun powder, and a little spark of Truth will finish them off in a flash. People like Hui Neng achieves enlightenment in an instant. [sped2work.tripod.com]

Others are like the bark that strips from a gum tree, they require drying by the sun. After this process they combust when coming into contact with Truth. It appears that a lot of Moo's devotees belong to this category. They listen to his recital of Truth from saints, have an experience, get the impression that they got it through his 'power' and apparently place all their trust and resources in his hands. Moo seems to depend on these people to demonstrate that he is the living 'god'.

These group of people need to realize that their attributes contribute significantly to their experiences and be their own "light unto" themselves. They need to understand that even if they don't meet moo, they will get to where they are by following guidance of saints, which are well documented in Avadhuta Gita, Who am I?,...etc. In addition, they may not progress as much as they want to under him. This may explain why this forum has documented many individuals who continue to be confused even after following his teachings for many years.

There is a third group of people whom he avoids and/or detests seemingly. These people are attracted to his promises of enlightenment but are still not ripe. Like banana trees, they require an extensive amount of drying time before they are ready to light up. He seems to know that and appears to avoid them (e.g. screening individuals visiting MS). We have repeatedly seen him showing impatience in videos captured by his own AV team. In the past, Ramana's devotees who belong to this category get to sit with Him in silence and absorb energy from His being to clean up internally and progress further. With him? I don't think so from my own experience.

I write this with the hope that devotees reading these can start to work out what is going on. Actually, nobody is interested in nor benefits from his downfall. Everybody is only concerned with the well being of people in MS and elsewhere, who are using up precious resources and time, and may not get anywhere near the "promised" Home.

> Then we have quite a lot of people saying that
> Moo's close devotees are the ones who are
> potentially abusive and manipulative - I think Rob
> Juliano is one such person. I have also seen a
> report on Reddit where one attendee called Moo's
> team "as weird as f_ck".

There are beautiful souls like Meera Om in MS. If you meet her, you will fall in 'Love' with her. But I would like to highlight this person call lakshmi who behaved abusively towards me after one of the rishikesh satsang in February 2017. After one of satsang, my local sangha leader asked me to wait in the compound outside the satsang hall while she went into the lunch hall to buy me a lunch ticket. I found a chair in the shade and sat down to wait. Here comes lakshmi who asked me why I was sitting there. I told her the name of the sangha leader who had asked me to wait. She did not even bother to confirm and instead bent down, use her index finger to press on my right knee, and telling me to leave the compound in most defile, unkind tone and manner (e.g. facial expression). I related this to a couple who had been visiting Ramana Ashram for the last 50 years. And they only told me that nobody is ever rude to even the people who lined up for free food everyday outside the Ashram. "In the early days, even when Mani met with money problems, he never gave up feeding the poor when they came to the ashram."

> We also repeatedly see that high demand groups
> like Moo's group operate very much on the fringes
> of society, tend to persist against all odds, and
> in many cases are not technically breaking the law
> (although many of them are guilty of offences that
> are well-hidden).
> All people can really do is be aware that such
> groups exist, and that they cause a lot of
> unhappiness, disappointment, psychological
> problems such as PTSD, they rip people off
> financially and tear families apart.

These seem to correlate with well documented case stories of what Rajneesh's devotees were prepared to do to sustain dictated amounts of cash flow into the organisation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2020 11:06AM by stefa.

Posted by: kindredspirit ()
Date: March 20, 2020 12:39AM

From "Cults in Our Midst" by Margaret Thaler Singer. “A cult is a mirror of what is inside the cult leader. He has no restraints on him. He can make his fantasies and desires come alive in the world he creates around him. He can lead people to do his bidding. He can make the surrounding world really his world. What most cult leaders achieve is akin to the fantasies of a child at play, creating a world with toys and utensils. In that play world, the child feels omnipotent and creates a realm of his own for a few minutes or a few hours. He moves the toy dolls about. They do his bidding. They speak his words back to him. He punishes them any way he wants. He is all-powerful and makes his fantasy come alive. When I see the sand tables and the collections of toys some child therapists have in their offices, I think that a cult leader must look about and place people in his created world much as a child creates on the sand table a world that reflects his or her desires and fantasies. The difference is that the cult leader has actual humans doing his bidding as he makes a world around him that springs from inside his own head.”

Date: March 20, 2020 09:48AM

kindredspirit Wrote:
> From "Cults in Our Midst" by Margaret Thaler
> Singer. “A cult is a mirror of what is inside the
> cult leader. He has no restraints on him. He can
> make his fantasies and desires come alive in the
> world he creates around him. He can lead people to
> do his bidding.

So he is effectively unstoppable?

Date: March 20, 2020 11:25PM

That's a sobering question. History has shown us that these situations tend to end badly. Mr. Moo-Young has even made reference to "drinking the kool-aid," accompanied by chuckles from him and the crowd. Some members of his cult would probably do absolutely anything he asks without hesitation.

Date: March 21, 2020 09:10PM

kindredspirit Wrote:
> Mr. Moo-Young has even made reference to "drinking the
> kool-aid," accompanied by chuckles from him and
> the crowd. Some members of his cult would
> probably do absolutely anything he asks without
> hesitation.

Namaste, could you post the links to the sources where he made reference to "drinking the kool-aid"? Thank you

Date: March 22, 2020 09:56PM

As far as I know, no online reference is available. If my memory serves me, the comment was made during a retreat at cult headquarters. His words were something like, "Some people ask if we are a cult... like we are going to drink the kool-aid... ha, ha, ha!" Perhaps someone else can corroborate this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2020 10:00PM by kindredspirit.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: March 23, 2020 06:06AM

There are now 5 cases of Covid-19 in the region of Portugal where Moo's ashram is situated - Alentejo.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Moo's people should be very concerned with the poor sanitary conditions at Monte Sahaja - the pit toilets, the people housed in tents, communal dining, the shared showers (many of which are cold water showers - which are not adequate for correct hygiene at all).

If anyone does get sick, we have seen that Moo's team seem to be reluctant to seek out prompt medical assistance - as was shown with the death of Claire from 'a cough'.

Moo himself is not in good health, as he has diabetes - which is one of the risk factors in getting seriously ill from Covid-19.

Date: March 23, 2020 07:30AM

Sahara71 Wrote:
> Moo himself is not in good health, as he has
> diabetes - which is one of the risk factors in
> getting seriously ill from Covid-19.

According to one of the guys who traveled with him recently, the group was enjoying themselves during their London stopover, they drove around and he seemed to be in high spirits.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.