Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: stefa ()
Date: March 13, 2020 07:56AM

Namaste Sahara,

In my opinion, please feel free to correct and moderate me, the various sources who are existing or have shut down because of legal threats, should communicate and pull resources together to peer review evidences and document testimonies as witnesses come forward to tell their stories. No accounts, however weak, should be be lost. This is also the reason why I stood up to document my experiences in this forum. I believe good documentation (similar to CE summary board) can be used for witness-tracing, analysis and strategic decision making, as well as being utilized by media and law enforcement agencies when appropriate and necessary.

I followed Harvey's story from October 2017, when NYT opened the can full of worms till the present moment as he is convicted of decades of atrocities against women. We also see similar developments in rajneesh's story. No Truth may be buried forever without justice being served.

This paragraph may be unnecessary, but I will write it anyway. This could be a good time for moo to self examine his mission and vision statements instead of jumping at perceived threats and fighting off allegations with legal means. What humanity is basically concerned with is the well being of thousands of devotees who acknowledge him as a being who can lead them out of their present miseries and eventually find their way home as the Absolute. The whole universe will rise to aid him and all allegations will fall away to dust if he is genuinely interested in helping people gain liberation from their ego. On the other hand, the Universe is also capable of the opposite if he persists in the present trend of what has been reported by individuals.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Maria Lena ()
Date: March 13, 2020 08:38PM

Coronavirus in Portugal
[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2020 08:56PM by Maria Lena.

Posted by: Grounded-Here ()
Date: March 13, 2020 09:41PM

The realization that Mooji seems to ”give” to many in his Satsangs is very confusing. When he asks, ”-Can it die? Is it born?” The room is filled with ”-No…..”.
If I answer ”No” it means that I can se beyond time itself and that would be a mind-blowing WOW! These people replies as they are a bunch of zombies. So, something is very wrong there.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: March 14, 2020 05:34AM

With all due respect to the grieving family and friends of the young Irishwoman 'Claire' who died at Monte Sahaja from 'a cough'-

Was her sudden death preventable?

One of Moo's minions offers some (limited) insight in this video:

[mooji.org]

In the latter half of the video, the devotee 'Amara' talks about death and dying and in particular the death of Claire.

Of course it is not a good idea to judge someone else's grieving process. But Amara seems particularly disconnected from her own emotions. Partly, this disconnectedness would be for the cameras, as the topic would be an uncomfortable one. We can see that the video has been edited, too. (Not a great editing job, sorry, team.)

When she first heard of Claire's death, Amara was in shock and was disbelieving. Then she released her pain and was 'crying, crying, crying'. Then she realized she had "no thoughts" around Claire's passing.

What? Someone young and healthy dies suddenly of 'a cough' and you don't think about it? Why not?

At 14.50 we do see some pain on Amara's face. I'd say there is quite a bit of emotional disconnect going on here. Amara is in pain, but she says everything is just fine. Her life is now in service of "the Truth.' She has no real plans.

In the first part of the video, Amara talks about how her experience with death before meeting Moo was very different to her experience of death after his guidance. Then right at the end of the video, she describes the passing of her beloved Grandmother and says that it was actually the same emotional experience she had with the passing of her friend Claire. So: Amara is either confused, or else Moo hasn't really impacted her life as she would like to proclaim.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2020 06:01AM by Sahara71.

Date: March 14, 2020 09:44AM

Grounded-Here Wrote:Date: November 13, 2019 04:21AM [Mooji a cult? forum page 202
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have followed Moojibaba since 2016 and one thing
> that I find very strange is when he talks about
> dreams at night. He doesn't mention the
> possibility to wake up within the dreams,
> realizing that "this is just a dream and I am in
> it!", so called lucid dreams. (I have these
> amazing nightly awakenings sometimes) The so
> called Master who "forget" to mention this
> possibility to awaken (when he/she talks about
> dreams), is in my view not awaken.

Namaste Grounded-Here, could you tell us more about when you start to realise that something was wrong?

What actually triggered your natural instinct to alert you?

Did you do anything to confirm? e.g. research, talk with other devotees
If you did, what made you realise?

It would also be good to tell us what you were told or heard?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grounded-Here Wrote: Date: December 19, 2019 04:01AM [Mooji a cult? forum page 204]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> It is rather quiet att the moment about what's
> going on in the Mooji-ashram. Too bad.

Did you get an opportunity to go to MS?
And if yes, maybe you could tell us about your experience there?
If yes also could you tell us your experiences with him and inner circle?
If you had attended any retreats (e.g. Rishikesh, Lison or Zmar), would it also possible to highlight your 'special' experiences which may be useful to wake current devotees who are here in this forum to read more about him?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grounded-Here Wrote: Date: March 13, 2020 09:41PM [Mooji a cult? forum page 216]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> The realization that Mooji seems to ”give” to many
> in his Satsangs is very confusing. When he asks,
> ”-Can it die? Is it born?” The room is filled with
> ”-No…..”.

Search up "yes sets" and you would be able to understand why he does that. Repeated "No" would also work considering the consistency principle.

> If I answer ”No” it means that I can se beyond
> time itself and that would be a mind-blowing WOW!
> These people replies as they are a bunch of
> zombies. So, something is very wrong there.

From my experience you cannot eliminate the ego to reveal the Absolute by leaving your "belongings" outside before coming in to "marinate". A number of saints have already guided to scrutinized the root of the ego, which is the "I" feeling and/or thought, to wear it down. "Drop everything" may only be temporary before the ego starts to rear its ugly head again. There is no "short cut" to Here. After a while, you would know what his teaching is really about....

Date: March 14, 2020 09:56AM

Sahara71 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With all due respect to the grieving family and
> friends of the young Irishwoman 'Claire' who died
> at Monte Sahaja from 'a cough'-
>
> Was her sudden death preventable?
>

Oh no. If 'a cough' can kill a young woman in MS, imagine what happens if it was covid-19.

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: March 17, 2020 02:33AM

Mooji knows that Monte Sahaja residents live in poor healthy and sanitary conditions, after Claire's dead, they made this recording: Mooji & friends at the doctor’s office / Mooji & amigos no consultório médico: [www.youtube.com]

Amara is also very traumatized person (dead in her family), she found a refuge in a therapy camp called Monte Sahaja, and Amara's video testimony is a hypnotic state and cognitive dissonance...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2020 02:55AM by Horowitz.

Date: March 17, 2020 08:04AM

Namaste, I was previously told by local sangha leader, and have read instructions written by MS staff from about 1 year ago about an allowance of two buckets of water to each retreat visitor for bathing purposes because of water rationing in the region. The size of the bucket was not specified though.

Forum members, kindly feel free to elaborate on or reaffirm this information. For many of our local sangha members, this was a psychological barrier to going to MS.

I am wondering now, if there is still water rationing, what would be the allowance for MS staff? Would they be allowed to wash hands frequently or are they provided with sanitizers? I sincerely hope that brothers and sisters in MS are exercising , or are able to exercise, additional measures on their personal hygiene at a time when covid-19 is ravaging through the world. I don't think he can cover his ass from authorities if there is significant fatalities in MS. We'll see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2020 08:10AM by stefa.

Posted by: Maria Lena ()
Date: March 17, 2020 04:19PM

I have been watching one documentary on Sri Ramana Maharshi, made by CINEFX productions in May 25 2018. The documentary is good and interesting with the only exception that Toni Moo appears, which serves as propaganda for his satsangs because when you see it, it is easy to relate its appearance with the teachings of Ramana. What a pity. I copy the link so you can see it [www.youtube.com]. I think the authors should rethink their appearance, especially after everything written here in this Forum and the Be Scofield article that appeared later on March 4 2019 "Becoming God: Inside Mooji’s Portugal Cult".

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: March 17, 2020 07:35PM

An interesting article:
In October of last year, twelve long-time students at Dharma Village / Dharma Ocean published an open letter disclosing “longstanding patterns of emotional and spiritual abuse within Dharma Ocean, the Buddhist community led by Reggie Ray:
[matthewremski.com]
These students cite psychological grooming, love bombing, the punishment of questions, public shaming, verbal abuse, triangulation, unrestrained charismatic leadership, gas lighting, and “a pervasive culture of fear and paranoia.”
Spiritual teacher Reggie Ray (video) admitted a co-dependency on his own audience/teaching and he also talked about “spiritual inflation”. (“…spiritual inflation means that you confuse yourself with the power of the spiritual teaching...”). This also applies to Mooji’s patterns of emotional and spiritual abuse and explains why Mooji must constantly talk to and meet his followers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.