Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: December 19, 2019 05:21AM

Hi Grounded-Here,

if you need entertainment, you could take a look at the Moo crowd's latest financials:

[beta.charitycommission.gov.uk]

Just click on 'documents' in the heading bar and then click on the PDF of the latest document 'December 2018'.

Lots of interesting holiday reading. Tony is still listed as both a patron and an employee of the so-called charity. He receives a yearly income and also some 'speaking fees', which I didn't realize before this. Looks like they have to pay him to show up!

The Moo 'charity' have listed a total of seven employees, everyone else is a volunteer. The seven employees make very little money between them - a pittance, really.

The group raked in over 500,000 pounds in donations for the year, almost as much as they made holding retreats and intensives.

I notice that their trading subsidiary Mooji Media owns the copyright to satsungs, audio and to their 'music' as well. I was just wondering if the artists featured on the latest CD (released by Mooji Mala Music - yes, they have their own label!) get paid any royalties for their music or if they are volunteering their time, energy and talent in order for Tony to profit? Hmmmmm. Perhaps they should join their local musician's union?

Interesting to note the amount spent on travel. Since Old Moo doesn't move around all that much, it looks like he might be flying business class these days. They've spent over 59,000 pounds on 'transport' for the year 2018 - but they spent 'zero' on transport the previous year.

In 2018, the Moo charity gave over 358,000 pounds to the ashram in Portugal - Monte Sahaja, in the form of a grant. That's over U.S. $468,000! Where does all this money go?

The ashram is built with volunteer labor, and the volunteers actually pay to stay there - in tents and in dormitories. In fact, the ashram claims to be running at a profit already - albeit a small profit, without the grant money taken into account. Could they really be spending all that money on pit toilets and cold showers? Tents and bunk beds? It doesn't seem plausible.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: December 19, 2019 09:21PM

The subsidiary Mooji Media, inc. company to the Mooji foundation made about 1,5-2M Euro in 2018, extra gross income, where are the money? I think that Mooji and his community in MS run a profitable business with higher salaries and private expenses for many people there in inner circle in Ashram, Mooji is included as well. Bay the way, Mooji left ashram for his "secret" London’s flat to secure his private unreported incomes before Brexit from 2019 incomes….

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2019 09:33PM by Horowitz.

Date: December 20, 2019 10:01AM

Very interesting Horowitz,

on paper at least, the Moo 'charity' are claiming that Mooji Media, their trading subsidiary, only made 156,359 pounds in profit for the year 2018! That is not a lot, considering sales from their on-line gift shop, Moo's books, subscriptions to the pay-to-view online videos... (what else I don't know)

However, Mooji Media claims to have 'gifted' the Mooji charity (Mooji Foundation) 582,645 pounds in 2018.

According to their own paperwork (which has been professionally audited) Mooji Media ran at a loss to the tune of 407,349 pounds in 2018!

See page 21 of PDF document (2018) from [beta.charitycommission.gov.uk]

How they could 'gift' money which they claim never to have made is quite baffling.

Date: December 21, 2019 01:48AM

My understanding about Mooji and his community incomes:

I think that the Mooji foundation Ltd. has an income from private donations online, or in a person there. Another money that are generated on the MS ashram campground (shop, online shop, cafés, guesthouses, and a retreat only to invitation (Mooji’s sangha members around the world) may also be an income of Mooji Foundation. The Sahaja express paid website and publishing Mooji’s books are probably affiliated to Mooji Foundation as well + “gift” from Mooji Media company 0.58M pounds in 2018. Mooji Foundation reports its incomes around 1.5M pounds in 2018.

The Mooji Media inc. company and its incomes:
I think that Mooji Media inc. runs the retreats outside of ashram in Europe, online paid retreats, some sales of Mooji’s merchandises during retreats:
My estimation Mooji Media inc. for year 2018 from Satsang fees only:
Intense Satsang –Lisbon-February: €220 x1500 people = €300 000,
Zmar Retreat-Portugal-April: €375 x 850 people = €318 000,
Zmar Retreat-Portugal-October: €375 x 850 people = €318 000,
Netherlands Retreat-August: €330 x 1500 people = €495 000.
4x online retreats fees in average 90-100K euros = €3-400.000
Added together, it will be about 1.5M pounds in 2018 (gross income).

What happens with this Mooji’s Media inc. 1.5M pounds gross income:
30% fax from 1.5M pounds is 0.5M pounds, from 1M pounds is generated 0.58M “gift” to Moji foundation (before tax or after fax?), and the rest 0.5M pounds are salaries, transportation, traveling expanses, rent costs, and atc.

I think that Mooji Media inc. and Mooji Foundation ltd. merges together like one non-transparent business…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2019 01:49AM by Horowitz.

Date: December 28, 2019 05:10AM

Interesting Youtube video where Mooji admits that many of the followers of Osho (Bhagwan Rajneesh) came to sit with Mooji's own guru Papaji, after Osho died.

[youtube.com]

We know from the Netflix documentary "Wild, Wild Country" exactly what Osho and his crowd were all about - money, political power and a bit of free lovin'. Now the same people are running with Moo's crowd. Mooji himself says: - on the surface the behavior of Osho's followers is a bit different to that of the followers of Papaji, but basically they are the same underneath. Meaning what? That both Osho's followers and Moo's followers are all about money, greed, power and sex?

Has Mooji even seen the documentary "Wild Wild Country"? Does he really want to publicly align himself with the Osho crowd? It seems that he does.

Date: December 29, 2019 07:21AM

I enjoyed reading this takedown of a poster parroting Moojisms:

[old.reddit.com]

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 29, 2019 08:05AM

Per Sahara71 reminding us that there is a connection between Rajneesh/OSHO followers and Mooji, here is some other food for thought:

Rajnessh/OSHO followers (aka 'sanyassins') brought MDMA to Ibiza, the Spanish Balearic party island.

[www.google.com]

Ibiza is an important node in the global nomad travel network, along with Goa, India, Bali, Thailand and other points.

Further Reading about sanyassins and Ibiza and more
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 29, 2019 08:12AM

Shadows Across The Moon: Outlaws, Freaks, Shamans And The Making Of Ibiza Clubland

Helen Donlon

[www.amazon.com]

Global Nomads: Techno and New Age as Transnational Countercultures in Ibiza and Goa
Book by Anthony D'Andrea

voidnetwork.gr/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Global-Nomads.Techno-and-new-age-as-transnational-countercultures-in-Ibiza-and-Goa-by-Anthony-DAndrea.pdf

Date: December 29, 2019 01:31PM

Take a look at this clip from the official Moo web page; it's an interview with one of the workers at the Moo compound in Portugal:

[mooji.org]

A young woman named 'Mukti' Ziegler has found her life's purpose in editing videos for Moo's extensive online library of gibberish. Presumably, she works for peanuts or does not get paid at all - it isn't clear from watching this.

What strikes the viewer is how often she refers to "Guruji" (she means Tony, of course) the person and his immense influence in her young life. She does not mention Advaita Vedanta or even it's mutant offspring "Neo-Advaita": it's only ever "Guruji says this" or "Guruji says that..."

'Mukti' is very vague about what the teaching actually is and yet speaks of this mysterious teaching in very glowing terms. "Before meeting Guruji" she always wanted to do things and achieve things but now she realizes there is nothing to do and no steps to take.

When asked to describe how her life has changed since discovering this important truth, she struggles to explain herself and resorts to closing her eyes for extended periods. From 5.40 to 6.00 her eyes remain closed while she says she experiences 'presence' and 'stillness' now. It's vague and I'm not convinced she knows what she is talking about.... she seems a bit spaced-out.

By 6.15 in the clip, Mukti's eyes are closed yet again and remain closed for 9 seconds, which is not exactly normal behavior in a social conversation. My impression is that she would prefer not to be under the microscope, answering these questions, but she probably hasn't been given much of a choice...

At 8.40 Mukti admits that Mooji is "ruthless". She wishes she hadn't said it, but there it is. She then tries to make it sound like a good thing. Cut.

Later she says "the future doesn't mean anything and neither does the past". This sounds like some form of nihilism to me. Again she refers back to "being with Guruji..." as though this is the absolute be-all and end-all in her life now. There is nothing else. It's not like she's busy doing charitable work, feeding the poor or caring for the sick. She's just suspended in a twilight world of nihilism, slave labor and vague teachings from a ruthless master.

Date: December 30, 2019 08:59PM

Mukti was also involved with Mooji, Mukti behaves very intimate and servile at 3:38, [www.youtube.com] in Universal Seeing, Timeless Being.
Now, I think her new boyfriend in MS is fine with it....?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.