Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: JanetD ()
Date: November 06, 2019 09:42PM

rrmoderator

Sorry, but I only answered Corboy's questions.
It was about the organization of Mooji groups outside Monte Sahaja.

We know nothing about the finances of the Sahaja Ashram.

Greetings

Janet

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 06, 2019 09:50PM

What about recent reports of Claire's death? Can people freely ask about this and an earlier reported suicide -Flo Camoin-amongst Moos disciples?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2019 09:52PM by corboy.

Posted by: Ananas ()
Date: November 06, 2019 11:34PM

Reposting an interesting report from a local Moo sangha group:

Posted by: Chrissy ()
Date: May 13, 2019 10:50PM

Hi there, I thought I should share with you some info, since I am researching the mooji "cult" myself and questioning things.
In 2016 I first heard of Mooji and started watching his videos. I joined an official Sangha in Johannesburg (South Africa).

I never met him personally, and although I will admit I was initially taken in by him, I got an unsatisfactory response from him in one of my letters and started losing interest him when I noticed how impatient and unkind he would be to other people in his videos (in a passive way). The "worshipping" made me uncomfortable too but I was told it was just my mind... Most of us were on a tight budget, but we were not deserving of him coming to visit us here as we were considered too small. There was a kind of lottery where you could get a free ticket to see Mooji. I'm glad I never got it.

There was a suicide in our Sangha in 2017, here in South Africa, by one of its dedicated members.
I thought I should mention this, since I've only seen two suicides mentioned here (one in India and one at the Ashram).

So yes, it has been kept very low key.
As a result our Sangha was closed.
We received no response or message from Mooji when this happened, which I think would have been the right thing to do, from a loving and accountable guru. Instead, the group of us were abandoned as it were. The leader of our Sangha withdrew completely.

A couple of teacher's I've come across seem to have this careless approach about their followers / students. They seem to think it's okay to just up and leave you when it suits them. This is clearly the case here and I think it's why the suicide happened here in the first place. There was very little support to facilitate this teaching of Mooji's, if it was genuine in the first place.

When I finally lost interest in Mooji (before I even considered that it was maybe a cult), I was watching one of his videos and I realised he was doing exactly what he was telling all of us NOT to do: he was operating and acting and thinking from his mind. And I realised, with everything else (the fact that he is so reprimanding, and that we in Africa are not deserving of him), that he is a hypocrite and something is definitely off about him.

I have fortunately had the state of mind to see this. But that's the whole problem with Mooji though, he is dismissive of the mind, in a negative and non-loving way. It's a very clever and misleading manipulation. But even I still feel guilty saying that, which shows even the effect it has had on me.

Date: November 07, 2019 12:09AM

For all newcomers: take a look at the summary thread first: [forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 07, 2019 12:47AM

JanetD:

Is there any meaningful accountability for Mooji or is he essentially an autocratic authoritarian leader without any meaningful accountability?

And please answer the question -- why are you here?

There have been a number of Mooji devotees that have attempted to disrupt this thread. It seems like Mooji is upset about this thread and sending his followers to post here in an effort to quell any criticism of his behavior.

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: November 07, 2019 01:42AM

On the topic of Moo's worldwide satsang groups:

During the time i had been following Moo and a few Moo's groups, i recall very well that donations were encouraged, not for the the sake of local groups but for Moo's organization. How this was handled and appeared in their financial accounts, i have no idea.

This point was not mentioned in janetD's response. Has this changed over time due to the good advices and hints we deliver their organization through this forum or did janetd forget to mention it?

Posted by: JanetD ()
Date: November 07, 2019 04:13AM

rrmoderator

I just stumbled over this thread and answred to some questions of Corboy.That's it, no need to say more from my side.Also not defending anybody or anything.Just sharing my experience with these Sangha groups.

Valma

I did not mention these things because in our group nobody is encouraged or has ever been encouraged to donate to Sahaja.
Personally i have visited about 3 other groups during the last 2 years and there too nobody was asked to donate to the Sahaja Ashram.

But this is only my experience and there might groups who encourage to donate.
Just me i don't know anything about it.

I sense the tone here not very pleasant almost hostile,so I won't write any more posts.No need to kick me out.I find my way out. ;-)

Janet

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: November 07, 2019 04:55AM

Hi JanetD and everyone,

I had some contact with a local Moo Sangha group when I was first became interested in Moo's teachings, before discovering that something was very 'off' about Moo, the teachings and the whole set-up in general. I never attended a meeting, but I exchanged an extensive amount private messages with someone from the group.

I must say, they were always polite and welcoming and they took the time to answer all my questions and address some doubts I had. The people I talked to had no idea they were in a cult and were very open and trusting. They seemed like genuine people.

Unfortunately, they had no idea about the intricacies of Advaita Vedanta philosophy and could not tell me the difference between Neo-Advaita, traditional Advaita and Moo's particular teachings. They seemed uneducated about their own beliefs (which I suppose is true about many people who follow a religion, if you think about it.)

In fact, they tended to sound a bit 'tranced out', just spouting Moo's gibberish in a parrot-like fashion to any question I might ask. It was this parrot-like behavior that was one of the things that got me thinking, actually. Why could they not use their own words to explain things? Why the mimicry? It was so odd!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I see these people as very innocent and trusting. I could easily have ended up being one of them. I was already a bit fuzzy in the head after the on-line brain-washing sustained from watching Moo's material. If you told one of these Sangha members that they were in a cult, they would just laugh at you.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 07, 2019 06:04AM

JanetD,

No one is "hostile" here, just a bit tired of Mooji devotees trolling this thread.

Date: November 07, 2019 01:39PM

Janet and friends (you are writing as "we") however innocent you pretend to be, you cannot hide the smell of being very loyal moo devotees.

Just as a reminder:

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: October 02, 2019 03:44PM

Colibri or under whatever past and new name will come here to defend Mooji and his organization, did you hear or read what Joyfree and John Dollop just said?

If not, you are showing in plain sight why you are here for whether you do it on command or out of your own unchecked motivations. When one of your strategy does not work, you try another angle of attack, and i wonder what will be the next move, the next mistake or incorrect detail found in one of the posts here that will be used to discredit or brush aside the great amount of alarming testimonials of ex-members of Moo's cult which are not restricted to this forum.

Sincere spiritual seekers who will find this thread have now enough material to make up their own mind before engaging further with this organization. And for those who managed to free themselves from the grip of this questionable organization, you obviously have not seen nor felt their pain and/or confusion, otherwise it would be them you would be defending and fighting for since this seems to be what you like to do.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.