Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: September 25, 2019 04:43AM

Hi Wombat,
my source told me that the figures given were from 2017, so that explains the India discrepancy. If you have more accurate numbers than these, then let us know. My source and their colleagues gave 2 euros each per day while in India. Agreed, they are very generous people. As you can see from the document - (read the first sentence) estimates are written in blue.

So these are estimates, so as the public can get the idea of how a spiritual business operates. For all I know, the Mooji organisation might pull in a lot more money than this.

How are you anyway? Good to see you are still following the conversation! it's been a while :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 25, 2019 04:48AM

Athos,

Why so condescending?

As you point out you did not attend as many retreats, which would seem to put you in the position of knowing less.

Is it possible you don't know what you don't know and you don't know that you don't know it?

Maybe it's too bad that you didn't learn anything?

Maybe you wasted your money and Mooji took you for a ride?

Wouldn't that be a pity?

Posted by: Athos ()
Date: September 25, 2019 07:05AM

rrmoderator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Athos,
>
> Why so condescending?
>
> As you point out you did not attend as many
> retreats, which would seem to put you in the
> position of knowing less.
>
> Is it possible you don't know what you don't know
> and you don't know that you don't know it?
>
> Maybe it's too bad that you didn't learn
> anything?
>
> Maybe you wasted your money and Mooji took you for
> a ride?
>
> Wouldn't that be a pity?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh don't worry about me.I learned what i had to learn and have no regrets.

Whatever happens, happens to you by you, through you; you are the creator, enjoyer and destroyer of all you perceive.

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2019 07:06AM by Athos.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 25, 2019 07:48AM

Friends, we have a citizens rights to discuss how money is accounted for in Moos franchise.

Why?

Moo pays no taxes to the IRS. It isn't only Moos devotees who support him.

Moo is indirectly subsidized by those of us who do pay taxes.

He has a burden of proof to all taxpayers that his activities and care for his devotees justifies his not paying tax and being able to accumulate wealth more rapidly than us peasants who do pay tax....and have indirectly subsidized Moo World all these years.

We trust tax exempt spiritual leaders to behave in a worthy enough manner to justify the tax exempt status so many claim for themselves.

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: September 25, 2019 02:53PM

Indeed, corboy, you are absolutely right.

If Moo claims to be a spiritual teacher and is making so much income with his organization, the finance should be clear and available to all to see with no room for any hidden penny.That is pure clear integrity.

If he doesn't, then he should take away the picture of Ramana that is always standing at his side at his satsangs because Moo does not represent at all the values demonstrated by an ascetic like Ramana. This picture is deceiving innocent spiritual seekers as they may believe Moo is living according to Ramana's principles until they are made aware of the estimated figures of his "business".

Posted by: Ananas ()
Date: September 25, 2019 07:05PM

Spreading false info doesn't
> help anyone, least of all the credibility of your
> "source".

It is actually the other way round: Mooji has to be open, honest, truthful and credible about:

1. ALL income of his several "comapanies" and where the money goes to
2. about how many people live and work in MS and how they are insured, what the enterprise pays for them in case of illness, age or other challenges
3. about his realtionship with Krishnabai and the sexual misconduct with other young girls
4. about his "enlightenment"
5. if his enterprises deserve taxfree status
6. about his behaviour with close = dependant devotees
7. about general safety in MS
8. about how devotees with mental illness are treated/helped at MS
9. and many other questions, which have been asked over time

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 25, 2019 07:53PM

Athos,

Got it.

You are not here to learn anything, but rather as an apologist focused on discrediting critics of Mooji.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 26, 2019 01:12AM

Let's stay focused on Moo's behavior and fiscal practices are seemly for a registered, tax exempt charity.

Why?

Because, *that* is what we were examining just before the trolls arrived.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2019 07:40AM by corboy.

Date: September 26, 2019 06:33AM

Whatever happens, happens to you by you, through you; you are the creator, enjoyer and destroyer of all you perceive.

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Whatever happens to you could actually be the result of some exploitative, perverted, greedy, cheating guru taking your money, your dignity and your sanity. But hey, whatever.

- Sahara71

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2019 06:33AM by Sahara71.

Date: September 26, 2019 07:48AM

See the latest news on Mooji.org:

[mooji.org]

My interpretation:

Tony grabs as much cash as he can, shoves it in a suitcase and gets the feck out of Portugal before the authorities catch up with him.

lol :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.