Bodhi68 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
.And
> if you are not repelled too much by the high
> devotion that surrounds Mooji, Mooji's guided
> meditations are the best and deepest i've ever
> listened to. ;-)
>

This is very bad advice, please do not follow. M's guided meditations as well as all of his satangs, videos etc put you only in a TRANCE state. This has NOTHING to do with freedom and awakening! This has been discussed here in more than great detail! Bodhi, seems that you have not yet seen through the whole thing and that you are still in it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Bodhi68 ()
Date: September 03, 2019 02:04AM

Ananas :Reading your posts i see that you don't seem to have a real insight what meditation means. Repeating 50 times here in the forum your opinion that all this is just a trance does not mean that it's true. Just your perspective. I see you really don't like Mooji but that doesn't take away the quality of these meditations. Regards Bodhi

Posted by: Ananas ()
Date: September 03, 2019 01:01PM

Bodhi68 Wrote:
that doesn't take away the
> quality of these meditations.

Bodhi, this is definately NOT the place to promote or praise any of M's materials. What is your intention of posting in this forum?

Date: September 03, 2019 04:00PM

Ananas,

I have my own reasons why I don't go to the Mooji meetings anymore, but they don't lie in the quality of the teachings but as I said before in the fact that I don't appreciate the increasing worshipping towards the person Mooji as appropriate anymore. This is an aspect that goes towards cult and that I cannot support.

Nothing is only black or only white and if you condemn or humiliate people who also find good in the Mooji teaching it doesn't really say anything about these people, it just shows your own thoughts and your fight against all those who don't share your opinion.

I can understand criticism of Mooji and the Sangha and in many points I would agree with that. But .....here in the forum so much is told what is simply completely unproven so many rumors spread and even obvious lies spoken.
Such a behavior damages an honest argument about whether the Mooji group is a cult or is developing into a cult.

Finally: before you might say I am a brainwashed fanatic Mooji devotee.
I am not.
I am already about 30 years on this path of in and have also got to know many diverse teachers and groups. Where I find inspiration results from moment to moment. Everyone has to find the quintessence or freedom in himself.

My favorite sources are Ramana Maharshi, Niargadattha Maharaj, Ramesh Balsekr, Eckhard Tolle, Adyashanti and also Mooji. Everyone has his own quality, his own expression and style.

Thank You

Bodhi

Posted by: JDecosta ()
Date: September 03, 2019 06:55PM

Bodhi68 Wrote:
>
> I am already about 30 years on this path of in and
> have also got to know many diverse teachers and
> groups. Where I find inspiration results from
> moment to moment. Everyone has to find the
> quintessence or freedom in himself.
>

—-------

This is true. I am also about 30 years on this path and I have listened to many teachers. The teachers I left behind, but the truth of their teachings still remain.

I am thankful for every teacher - Mooji included - who reminded me of the truth within me. But also, those speaking against teachers and teachings have provoked to look deeper to find the truth in myself for myself.

Therefore, thank you to everybody.

Posted by: Ananas ()
Date: September 03, 2019 08:08PM

Bodhi, this thread is about M's cult, the abuse done by him (mental, emotional, physical, spiritual, sexual, energetical and financial), the tools he and his team are using and a safe place to share what people have experienced.

So is your intention to find out if M is a cult?

You say the devotion is an aspect that goes towards cult.

Is there anything else you have seen and witnessed at Sahaja/retreats that is sign of a cult?

Do you want to discuss, if it is a cult, with arguments other than Quote: "here in the forum so much is told what is simply completely unproven so many rumors spread and even obvious lies spoken."?

If you still find inspiration in M go for it, but dont give advice here people should listen to M's meditation which are full of trance inducing. The trance inducing and hypnotherapy techniques M uses all the time are highly manipulative and important part of this cult.

Date: September 03, 2019 09:17PM

JDecosta Wrote:

> This is true. I am also about 30 years on this
> path and I have listened to many teachers. The
> teachers I left behind, but the truth of their
> teachings still remain.
>
> I am thankful for every teacher - Mooji included -
> who reminded me of the truth within me. But also,
> those speaking against teachers and teachings have
> provoked to look deeper to find the truth in
> myself for myself.

>
> Therefore, thank you to everybody.

Thank you for saying that.

I also think criticism is okay and I am open to discuss it, but I think this should be for the benefit of all and your own intention, when you are on a nondual path, should be to go deeper in understanding.

Thank You

Date: September 03, 2019 10:54PM

Dear Ananas

This thread was opened with the question whether Mooji was a cult.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mooji a cult?
Posted by: happytown ()
Date: March 24, 2017 05:45AM
Hi does anyone have any information about Mooji? There are few things on here but nothing recent.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

With all my respect to you as a human being I have to say this :

You did not open this thread and you have no sovereignty to interpret or monopolise the truth about Mooji in this discussion. Therefore i ask you to please stop telling me what my opinion should be or telling me not to write anything here if i am not your opinion.
A discussion is alive because there are also different opinions. I certainly can't change your opinion but your attempt to silence me here won't stop me from writing about this topic.

Now I'll go into some of your points :

"Bodhi, this thread is about M's cult, the abuse done by him (mental, emotional, physical, spiritual, sexual, energetical and financial), the tools he and his team are using and a safe place to share what people have experienced."

Ananas, this is not true. This thread was opened with the question whether Mooji could be a cult.

"Bodhi, Is there anything else you have seen and witnessed at Sahaja/retreats that is sign of a cult?"

As I said before, the level of worship for Mooji as a person was too high for me, so I don't go to meetings and retreats anymore. However, this is also my personal conditioning which doesn't like worshipping and devotion.The other “cultish” looking things like singing Bhajans etc. you’ll find in almost any spiritual community and are nothing special related to a cult.

“Bodhi “,If you still find inspiration in M go for it, but dont give advice here people should listen to M's meditation which are full of trance inducing. The trance inducing and hypnotherapy techniques M uses all the time are highly manipulative and important part of this cult.

The guided meditations have nothing to do with trance. You may easily just read the text of some guided meditations let’s say from Mooji, Adyashanti and Tolle , delete the authors name and you wouldn’t know anymore whose meditation it is.
I don’t know Ananas if you ever have meditated or listened to any guided meditation but all these long discussions about hypnotherapy techniques, trance, etc.. look like posted by someone who has actually no idea what meditating means.

“Bodhi”, Do you want to discuss, if it is a cult, with arguments other than Quote: "here in the forum so much is told what is simply completely unproven so many rumors spread and even obvious lies spoken."?

Ananas if you refer to this BeScofield article that I’ve also read. That is almost 100% hearsay and unproven stuff.
Just by repeating this “BS” 1000 times doesn’t make it more proven or valid. There are so many things in there that are so ridiculous and absurd that you actually have to laugh when you ever have been in Sahaja. As an example I just mention 1. The dead Heron story. ;-) This story is treated here in the forum as a proven fact whereas nobody ever claimed “ Yes, that’s true I was there I witnessed it.”

Finally I would like to say that I am happy about a forum like this. I just hope that in the future the discussion will be a bit more objective, a bit more for the good of all and not just mere Mooji bashing by some people.

Thanks to all

Bodhi

Posted by: NoWayNowhere ()
Date: September 05, 2019 07:51PM

Bodhi68, Among other teachers, I have often listened to Mooji. After reading the article about Moooji I was shocked and disappointed like many others. I think that a spiritual teacher has to live what he teaches. You claim that the statements in the Bescofield article are not true and just rumors.How do you know that? Could you say something more detailed about that.Honestly, if all these statements were true, I couldn't listen to Mooji anymore. However, I would find it very disappointing and also a pity because I liked his whole way of teaching very much.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 05, 2019 10:15PM

One year ago this was a tiny discussion with little traffic. One year ago a person named xivoparig arrived.

xivoparig alleged witnessing in London, what appeared to be "bad intent outreach" from Moos people toward a woman friend of xiviparig.

xivo was scared to give this information

In one year the CEI Mooji discussion has gained nearly 250 thousand views and very many former devotees arrived and gave their own reports.

The pri Moo trolls arrived and this thread has been active ever since.

Meanwhile, devotees have shut down every Moo affiliated discussion online where devotees have tried to express their concerns -- and sought to heal and reform the Moo organization from within.

Those discussions have been shut down. What remaining sustained critical discussion of the Moo community is repeated disrupted by trolls.

This discussion has been repeatedly visited by Moo devotee trolls.

What does this say about the *quality* of Moos teachings that so many, not all, but so many of Moo's disciples cannot tolerate any sustained critical discussions of Moo, eh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2019 10:26PM by corboy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.