Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: swissalyst ()
Date: July 30, 2019 04:43AM

Hello, Cherry,

I think there are no quick answers. Is your husband at all open to the possibility that he might be in a cult? Some of the following materials might help both you and him:

Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steven Hassan

Cults Inside Out: How People Get In and Can Get Out by Rick Alan Ross

Cults in Our Midst: The Continuing Fight Against Their Hidden Menace by Margaret Thaler Singer

The Kingdom of the Cults by Walter Martin (a bit dated now)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: July 30, 2019 08:51AM

Hi Cherry,

I am very sorry to hear about your husband becoming addicted to Moo's online videos. These videos are produced in such a way that Mooji comes off looking sincere, wise and loving (although there have been quite a few videos lately that are questionable in regards to this!)

Behind the scenes, Moo is far from the man he portrays himself to be.

Mooji also uses trance techniques to draw people in and make them reliant on watching the videos to get some kind of mind 'buzz'. It happened to me, too! I became addicted to this material before I even realized what was going on.

If at all possible, I suggest that you try some way to to break your husband's video watching routine. Can you get him to leave the house for a week away together where there is no internet reception, for example? Or get him up early to go running with you or something similar? You might have to get creative and brainstorm some ideas.

For me, the spell was broken when my routine inadvertently changed because we visited my husband's friends for over a week and I could no longer spend time alone just watching youtube in isolation. There was no longer the opportunity for me to do this. I realized then that 1) I was addicted to Moo's material and 2) there was something very weird and cult-like about the whole Moo set-up.

Posted by: 2cents ()
Date: July 31, 2019 11:27AM

Hi Everyone,
Here is a very down to earth, easy to listen to interview to which many reading this forum might relate in regards to Mooji or anyone in life who is a narcissistic energy vampire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSc9fHmWIi0

How to get out of a cult? with Dr. Christiane Northrup
Jay Weidner and Yvonne Palermo are joined by best selling author Dr. Christiane Northrup to discuss Dodging Energy Vampires, who they are and how to get rid of them. Empathic people are powerful but they are also susceptible to being manipulated by the psychopathic personality. They will lie, distort reality and tell you what you want to hear. They will use your own empathic abilities against you. Do you know a cult leader with these traits? Social Media Groups with these traits?
Dr. Northrup advises you to get away from the situation as fast as possible: "Darkness feeds on your fear and anger, so stop feeding it"

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 31, 2019 08:31PM

Don't want to distract from Moo but we have to be careful about what
resources we use for healing, too.

Christiane Northrup, MD: Science Tainted with Strange Beliefs
Harriet Hall on May 27, 2008

[sciencebasedmedicine.org]

Christiane Northrup: more bad medicine

Peter Lipson on September 23, 2010[sciencebasedmedicine.org]

She has a line of products too. Not much different from Moo.

[www.google.com]

Posted by: 2cents ()
Date: July 31, 2019 10:56PM

Hi Corboy -
Agreed, we should all do our own research before entrusting our body/mind to another - which is the point of this forum in a sense! I might add that
because someone offers a product line does not automatically mean they are deliberately scamming the public. I feel your comment was well meaning and looked at the source you quoted.

I see that the sciencebasedmedicine.org editors and contributors such as Harriet Hall are deep in the medical mafia zone, with articles denouncing homeopathy, chiropractic, alternative cancer cures, etc.. Their executive editor Steven Novella MD is the president and co-founder of the New England Skeptical Society, the host and producer of weekly science podcast, The Skeptics’ Guide to the Universe. This does not bode well for anyone who values natural approaches to healing.

I would not entrust my health and wellbeing to these people either.

Sorry to diverge from the forum topic and I appreciate the voluminous individual research that makes this thread so valuable!

Date: August 01, 2019 08:24PM

This article is about Jeffrey Epstein, a different person than Moo.

Content is horrid, but should be read by every concerned citizen.

Jeffrey Epstein Hoped to Seed Human Race With His DNA
By James B. Stewart, Matthew Goldstein and Jessica Silver-Greenberg
July 31, 2019

[www.nytimes.com]

Moo and Epstein are different persons. Different social backgrounds, different vocabularies.

However, do note the similarities.

Moo sought legitimacy by name dropping Hindu saints and references to Jesus.

Epstein sought legitimacy by purchasing access to scientists.

Note too the pattern of powerful self involved males wanting access to as many young bodies as possible, and feeling threatened by any other male whom they perceive as a threat.

Typical ape behavior.

The Harvard cognitive psychologist Steven Pinker said he was invited by colleagues — including Martin Nowak, a Harvard professor of mathematics and biology, and the theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss — to “salons and coffee klatsches” at which Mr. Epstein would hold court.

While some of Mr. Pinker’s peers hailed Mr. Epstein as brilliant, Mr. Pinker described him as an “intellectual impostor.”

“He would abruptly change the subject, A.D.D.-style, dismiss an observation with an adolescent wisecrack,” Mr. Pinker said.

and

At one session at Harvard, Mr. Epstein criticized efforts to reduce starvation and provide health care to the poor because doing so increased the risk of overpopulation, said Mr. Pinker, who was there. Mr. Pinker said he had rebutted the argument, citing research showing that high rates of infant mortality simply caused people to have more children. Mr. Epstein seemed annoyed, and a Harvard colleague later told Mr. Pinker that he had been “voted off the island” and was no longer welcome at Mr. Epstein’s gatherings.

Date: August 07, 2019 07:04AM

Just watching the latest video from the Moo tribe. It's an interesting one if you are interested in trance induction. (Other than that it is mind-numbingly boring- so watch it at your own risk!!)

[mooji.tv]

This first guy up to the microphone could be a little crazy. For some reason, which is lost on everyone, he feels the need to quote Beyonce lyrics... he says:
“Destiny is a-coming, stand up and fight… merge with the great I Am."
Moo is a little taken aback, but he decides to run with it. It could be worse I suppose.
The poor young guy says: “You have no enemy, I am my enemy.”
Mooji manages to launch into a trance sequence here- I have no idea what he is saying, it's too bloody confusing even to transcribe it into writing.

The poor young guy at the microphone talks haltingly about consciousness. He has a lot of trouble getting his words out.

Moo fires back with some more trance. He says that a master once said "I am the way and the truth and the light." (Moo neglects to attribute these words to Jesus, but luckily the Bible was published years ago, so Jesus is not about to launch a copyright lawsuit!)

At 12.00 Moo asks "What does ‘here’ mean?" He dwells on this point quite a lot.
He then asks "Who am I speaking to?" He dwells on the word ‘I’. He goes over and over this point, but it doesn't make it any clearer. What or who is 'I'? "Language begins after 'I'" Moo says.

There are some very loooong pauses. This stuff is more confusing than reading linguistic philosophy (and I would know, because I've tried it.) Wittgenstein eat your heart out.

Unless you are susceptible to trance induction, you are gonna be mighty confused by now.
Moo finally comes back to the poor guy, asking: “What is that that doesn’t come and go?” “Can you bare these questions?” (no, I can't bare them, Old Moo.)

The poor young guy is lost for words. I wonder if he is resistant to trance techniques? He attempts to explain himself. He can’t. He starts laughing. He wants to find "nothing" (– well, that should be fairly easy.)

Around 24.10 Moo then asks a lot of open-ended questions about who is there can the seeker observe the one seeking. There is a seer who sees the absence of the seeker. It’s a continuous trance loop and it goes on for some time. It's very interesting for those of you who would like to know more about trance, I really suggest you watch this part. If you are susceptible to trance induction, then this could rope you in! You will possibly find it very, very profound.

There is always someone seeking and being sought. This goes on and on and on.
The poor guy at the mike has no idea what his answers should be.
At 32.14 Moo tries to get rid of guy and encourages him to sit down.
At 36.00 the poor young guy is still there! You can just tell that he doesn’t buy it.
At 38.40 Moo tries a different method. Getting the guy to count from 1 to 10. He tells him to forget the numbers and be ‘zero’. I actually admire the poor guy – he isn’t going to pretend to get it, when he obviously doesn’t.
At 45.00 _the young guy is still at the microphone and Moo is babbling about something else.

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: August 07, 2019 02:55PM

Thanks Sahara71 for this interesting satsang report. I only watched part of the sequence with that young man.

I have seen multiple times this young man at Moo's satsangs; i am sure he has stayed or is staying in Monte Sahaja, just like the lady who was struggling her way in vain at understanding what the master is saying. Years after years they keep coming, sitting, struggling and coming back at those satsangs just as the master wants them to. I admire their perseverance or is it stubborness for if something does not work, would it not be advisable to leave the boat that does not take you to the promised land?

Yet if you like to be entertained with spiritual discourses or experience trance states or were made to believe that by doing so you are so much more "spiritual", Moo is the man for you as you bought the sold idea that he is a saintly man able to deliver you spiritual awakening just by listening to him.

The human mind is quite skilled at making us believe we have found the way, the ultimate spiritual truth when in fact it was just a hard-core belief or trance-induced state of mind.

Date: August 10, 2019 06:32AM

Great photo of the audience at the recent Lisbon intensive!

[photos.mooji.org]

Even the one person who bothered to show up doesn't look particularly happy!

(Ok, I am being facetious now....lol )

Why any association w Rajneesh/Osho is cause for alarm
Date: August 10, 2019 09:57PM

Though this article is about Charles Manson, it gives a lot of information
about Rajneesh.

The Manson Girl Who Got Away
What drew "Juanita" to the cult? And why did she leave it, just before the Tate murders?
By WIN MCCORMACK
July 29, 2019

[newrepublic.com]

The article also has this interesting bit about the power of implied communication.

J: Paul essentially deprogrammed Brooks and me, and later Paul Watkins, Charlie’s sometime right-hand man. One of the things that he talked about was the way Charlie got control over everybody by getting people to agree that he was something spectacular, and agree to his other self-serving ideas. He said that agreements are much more powerful than people realize they are, and that implied agreements are more powerful than overt agreements. It was those implied agreements that were making it very difficult for us to break away from him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.