Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: AnnetteChappelle ()
Date: May 03, 2019 12:57AM

Just to let you all know. In this new video, which will be taken down as soon as I share it so I won’t. PM me if want to see it.
Mooji speaks about the critics and how he feels in it, he says “they help me, but not in the way they want to...”

Yes. It helps him learn to manipulate better.

So I’m going to keep it offline.

It’s all word salad but also funny was his reference to how people are writing lies and making things up because they are in pain, because they can’t open their hearts to love, not evolved enough yet.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2019 01:01AM by AnnetteChappelle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: It's over Tony ()
Date: May 03, 2019 02:03AM

Great point Valma, and Annette to PM each other with video links etc. so we don't let little "t" find them and delete them!

Speaking of deleted videos, the video that Sahara71 mentioned: "This Land Is a Taste of Heaven — Easter Prayers & Reflections from Moojibaba"
that was taken down after one day is still view-able somehow in a post at the Buddha at the Gaspump discussion forum for his now taken down interviews.
It's the 11th last post

It's easy to download vimeo videos, so I've already downloaded it for safe keeping.

Posted by: AnnetteChappelle ()
Date: May 03, 2019 04:23AM

It may be of interest to some here that there is a new FB page up. You can find it by typing in “Leaving Mooji”

It looks like a great resource and way to get some of the education materials posted here and on other sites out to let people who may be struggling alone with all this, know they are not actually alone.

And help them begin to heal.

Posted by: Abdias824 ()
Date: May 03, 2019 04:56AM

Hi all

I just wanted to mention this book

Enlightenment The Path Through The Jungle
by Dennis Waite

This book helped me enormously and is a great resource for anyone who has been duped by a fake but still wants to pursue the path of advaita .

it is pretty much a critique of neo-advaita and fairly proves beyond doubt that it is a dead end used by those who have a product to sell

x

Posted by: It's over Tony ()
Date: May 03, 2019 06:14AM

Thanks Annette for bringing this new facebook page Leaving Mooji to our attention.

It's an amazing that such a thing has sprung up! This is from their description:

"No more evidence is needed. Mooji is not who he says he is, and it’s simply time to LEAVE."

Yes, there's clearly a lot there! They reccomend this forum, and look like they are well aware of the material that is coming to light here ie: The Guru Papers, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Gaslighting etc.

Here's a quote from one of the posts I saw there:

Numerous accounts from insiders that got out speak of how desperately he wanted to be seen as a "Master."

To go to the lengths of having "advaita zen master Mooji" printed on the cover of his own books is a glaring, textbook example of his Narcissistic personality disorder.

Symptom #1: "Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)"

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: May 03, 2019 06:34AM

AnnetteChappelle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> It’s all word salad but also funny was his
> reference to how people are writing lies and
> making things up because they are in pain, because
> they can’t open their hearts to love, not evolved
> enough yet.

What a joke! Jim Jones Tony Moo accuses his detractors of making up lies about him because we are not evolved, we are in pain, we can't open our legs hearts to love...

This is just more gaslighting, and more psychological games from Tony. I'm not even sure I want to watch another video where Jim Tony plays his pathetic mind games.

Great advice from the Leaving Mooji facebook page:

* Contact the UK charities commission and file a formal complaint against Mooji’s “charity” We need to see a huge influx of complaints there.

* Please re-connect with your friends and family if you’ve become estranged from them because of your involvement with Mooji. No doubt they will be more than ready to have you back and help you heal.

* Educate yourself on the differences between “Neo-Advaita” (Mooji) and traditional Advaita Vedanta (Shankara) and the traps, confusion and spiritual-bypassing that are sadly rife in Neo-Advaita. We don’t endorse any teachers here, but for contrast, just to see a (stark) example of what an actual half-decent Advaita Vedanta teacher sounds like, watch a few videos of Swami Sarvapriyananda from the New York Vedanta Society. He is very clear, clean and humble. It’s the same darn timeless information, but not CLAIMED by the teacher, infinitely more maturely delivered, and noticeably without any movement or sangha promoted around his personality. Again, we don’t want to particularly endorse anyone here, but take a glance to notice the blatant differences.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: May 03, 2019 09:41AM

Thanks Abdias824,

for your recommendation of the book "Enlightenment- The Path through the Jungle" by Dennis Waite.

Here is a website where you can read some extracts from this book if anyone is interested: [www.advaita.org.uk]

This is what the James Swartz (who is also quite critical of Moo) has to say of the book:

"When in the Nineties the Neo-Advaita satsang movement burst on the spiritual scene many enlightenment seekers took heart. Here was a teaching in harmony with the fast paced pulse of modern life, one that that did not require effort and promised instant enlightenment. As the new century began to unfold, however, it became apparent to the discriminating that the bloom was off the rose. Although it served to familiarize the public with the idea of non-duality, Neo-Advaita, like so many 'movements', proved to be little more than a lifestyle fad and probably will not rate more than a miniscule footnote in the annals of the spiritual life of the planet.

No harm done? Hardly. As a result of the many ill-considered half-truths it served to propagate it has reinforced any number of enlightenment myths. leaving tens of thousands of seekers disappointed and confused. Dennis Waite's excellent new book, "Enlightenment: the path through the jungle" sets the record straight by comparing Neo-Advaita with traditional Vedanta, a means of enlightenment that has passed the test of time.

This critical but fair book clarifies what enlightenment is and what it isn't according to the traditional definition. It shows why a gradual, systematic, time-tested method of inquiry is necessary. It explains how mixing the relative and the absolute levels causes great confusion. It also provides a valuable service by distinguishing the path of action or Yoga, the techniques used to prepare the mind for enlightenment, from Vedanta, the path of knowledge, the direct cause of enlightenment. It makes it clear that enlightenment is for the mind and that the cursory dismissal of the mind, or the 'story' as it is called in Neo-Advaita, is spiritually counterproductive. It deals with the issues of path and no path, doing and non-doing, appearance and reality, the qualifications necessary for enlightenment, the need for a teacher and other important topics of interest to sincere seekers."

I agree with James 100%!! If people take anything away form my 240+ posts in this forum- it's this: Please do not dismiss your own mind. Your mind is beautiful, vital and important. You need it to live in the world and to enjoy your life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2019 09:41AM by Sahara71.

Posted by: Ananas ()
Date: May 03, 2019 12:53PM

Thank you for recommending the book "Enlightenment- path through the jungle", I did order it right away.

Sahara, although I do not like James Swartz as much, I also 100% agree with this quote. In my opinion Neo Advaita does a lot of harm to people. It is a trap and confuses you...and leaves you broken, you cant function well in the normal world anymore, but gives you no foundation whatsoever in the real truth (except you are a rare and spiritual very mature case and you awake just from hearing the truth..).

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: May 03, 2019 03:46PM

i never forgot from book INITIATION written by Elisabeth Haich, a yoga teacher, words of a High Priest in ancient Egypt to a young would-be novice:

"Moved to the depths of my being, I fall to my knees before Him. Ptahhotep holds out his hand, raises me to my feet, and says: My little daughter, never bend your knees before a visible form. Do not humble within yourself the divinity that every living being carries within itself. The same God manifests himself through you, through me and through the entire created world. God alone is the only one before whom you can fall to your knees."

So good to see that this forum thread that started with the question "Mooji a cult?" has evolved to a place where we get information, education, tools for healing and arrival of new Facebook page "Leaving Mooji".

The website of Be Scofield :[www.toxicspirituality.com] shows that Mo is just one amongst many such teachers that need full scrutiny and discernment. Some of them may seem harmless at first, they offer good feelings/emotional highs/huggings until you find yourself in deep trouble. Find a competent teacher who has been able to resist the songs of attractive sirens and vigorously refuse any personality cult.

At the end of the day we each have to find the Truth that shines within our own heart. That should be our lasting focus, not any fascinating personality out there, nor any Heaven on earth or in heaven - as clearly indicated by traditional Advaita Vedanta teachings.

Posted by: Ananas ()
Date: May 03, 2019 06:01PM

Valma Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> At the end of the day we each have to find the
> Truth that shines within our own heart. That
> should be our lasting focus, not any fascinating
> personality out there, nor any Heaven on earth or
> in heaven - as clearly indicated by traditional
> Advaita Vedanta teachings.

Valma YES YES! It is the child in us, who looks for a parent and who looks for paradise. It has a lot do with growing up spiritually.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.