Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: April 20, 2019 03:26AM

Great stuff Ananas. This stood out of the thing you posted from Joan:

"But I have acknowledged that M may well have a shadow side that I have not personally witnessed."

I found it very strange that she said "may well have a shadow?" Is there anyone that doesn't?

It makes her look like a pretty lame teacher, (in intimating that he possibly doesn't have a shadow.)

I think this is one of the major problems in Mooji's cult. He's addressed as Beloved Holy Father, Master, Sri Moojibaba, SatGuru, and on and on. AS IF it's been somehow established that yes, he's pure, literally Holy, and perfect. Just like the feet kissing, he allows this to go on, feeding into the false narrative of the perfect one. A "living Christ" as he has been called.

Joan Tollifson is inadvertently damaging her own "brand" by publicly "loving" him, and helping expose his cult by drawing more attention to what we're all giving giving well needed scrutiny to.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 20, 2019 05:15AM

"Why do you call me good?

No one is good but God alone".

Jesus said that in response to someone who addressed him as "Good Teacher."

And Jesus never had a lawyer, either.

When he was arrested, his disciples fled and hid, and denied they'd ever been with him.

Not typical guru behavior.

And the person who betrayed Jesus was his accountant.

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: April 20, 2019 05:39AM

Mooji as a teacher uses energies and expressions to affect people more or less on an unconscious level, and in a sense, he possesses his students on an unconscious level. Mooji has become a master of this, using profound talks, studied methods, and many other devices to create an aura of godhood around himself as a divine show, attracting hundreds to follow. I watched no evidence to support his spiritual greatness, but I did observe that those who chose to believe what he said were eager to report their " spiritual experiences," which he always asked about immediately during the ask-question meditation (The invitation...). Mooji puts himself in a position to claim responsibility for whatever was experienced in the context of his pointing out or doing with him, and those who accepted the idea of his “divine” power had no trouble "confirming" his powers for him. We are dealing here more or less with sociological-religion addiction issues. Mooji’s and his community main problem lies in their superficiality and in the simple "spiritualization" of their minds and behaves, that is later associated with false excellency and privilege at him and his followers. Their weakness is that they need to recharge “spiritually” again and again by constant pointing out, teaching, talking, reading about it, and gathering, what results in creating a pathological cult at the end.
[www.facebook.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2019 06:09AM by Horowitz.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: April 20, 2019 05:54AM

That's interesting that Henri J chose to read out the letter from Moo's lawyer. I think the intent is to intimidate Henri, I doubt the Moo Foundation will try to take Henri to court - they have too much to lose. I don't know though.

I'm just thinking that if a deformation case were to proceed, a lot of witnesses will be called to testify- and they are bound under oath to tell the truth. The pressure of having to testify could well break the brain-washed zombie spell for some of them, and they will talk. Well, the outcome of that would be very unpredictable for the Moo group, as we are talking hundreds of potential witnesses.

I wonder who else has received such letters?

As you say, PapajisaysNo- this may well be the reason Jeff Foster retracted his statement (or in fact denies having ever made the statement in the first place.)

In case anyone missed it, Jeff Foster did not ever say:

“Unfortunately I know several people with first-hand experience who corroborate everything stated in that (Be Scofield's) article. Many of the things written have been open secrets for years but people are only now finding the courage to speak out."

Rick Archer from BATGAP said:

"I too received multiple accounts independent of what Be Scofield wrote. And they were from good friends whose judgment I trust. Mostly spiritual teachers who have been on BatGap and who have counseled traumatized/disillusioned ex-Mooji students."

What if they were called to testify? Not that they would be, but you never know...

I noticed that Rick archer has been deleting selected posts from the Mooji BATGAP discussion lately. One post in particular where he agreed with a particular poster about Mooji's behavior.... around 24 hours later that conversation was wiped form existence.

Interesting.

This forum may turn out to be the last place standing where you can read anything at all about Moo!

Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: April 20, 2019 06:15AM

Great points Sahara71

You wrote: "I noticed that Rick archer has been deleting selected posts from the Mooji BATGAP discussion lately. One post in particular where he agreed with a particular poster about Mooji's behavior.... around 24 hours later that conversation was wiped form existence."

This is another good reason for us to take screenshots of various statements and posts we see! Too many have disappeared too quickly!

Posted by: 2cents ()
Date: April 20, 2019 07:03AM

Just found this short video made by someone who calls himself Kramaticulus:

"Mooji in light of Be Scofield's article, my reflection
"

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: April 20, 2019 07:03AM

Just in case Henri J's video gets taken down, I have written out for you the legal letter from K&L Gates (as read out by Henri himself and typed up to the best of my ability)

Legal letter received by Henri J on the 18/4/19:

Dear Henri:

This letter upon your signature will serve as a written agreement between you Henri Jolicoeur, and the Mooji Foundation Pty Ltd and its patron Anthony Paul Moo-Young, collectively our client, concerning your creation and online distribution of videos and other material concerning or relating to our client. You hereby agree that you will remove from the internet all content created and distributed by you or otherwise under your control which concerns or relates in any way to Mooji. You will refrain from creating and distributing any and all content that relates in any way to Mooji, including but not limited to false and defamatory information, videos, photographs and other statements. Our client acknowledges and affirms that it will refrain from taking legal action against you upon receipt of this executed letter of agreement and compliance herewith. You acknowledge and affirm that should you violate this letter of agreement, our client has the right and your permission to take any legal action against you.

Posted by: Ananas ()
Date: April 20, 2019 04:08PM

Horowitz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mooji as a teacher uses energies and expressions
> to affect people more or less on an unconscious
> level, and in a sense, he possesses his students
> on an unconscious level. Mooji has become a master
> of this, using profound talks, studied methods,
> and many other devices to create an aura of
> godhood around himself as a divine show,
> attracting hundreds to follow. I watched no
> evidence to support his spiritual greatness, but I
> did observe that those who chose to believe what
> he said were eager to report their " spiritual
> experiences," which he always asked about
> immediately during the ask-question meditation
> (The invitation...). Mooji puts himself in a
> position to claim responsibility for whatever was
> experienced in the context of his pointing out or
> doing with him, and those who accepted the idea of
> his “divine” power had no trouble "confirming" his
> powers for him. We are dealing here more or less
> with sociological-religion addiction issues.
> Mooji’s and his community main problem lies in
> their superficiality and in the simple
> "spiritualization" of their minds and behaves,
> that is later associated with false excellency and
> privilege at him and his followers. Their weakness
> is that they need to recharge “spiritually” again
> and again by constant pointing out, teaching,
> talking, reading about it, and gathering, what
> results in creating a pathological cult at the
> end.
> [www.facebook.com]

Horowitz, perfectly said!! In your first sentence you describe so well, what was always hard for me to put in words or "understand", what is going on. M. entering one's unconscious mind is in my opinion really dangerous. He is able "to take over" peoples mind when they just watch his videos at home. Coming to retreats or his ashram of course intensifies it all. Not everyone might be prone to his influence, but many obviously are and I would say I am still recovering from it..

Date: April 20, 2019 04:16PM

Sahara, you wrote
"I'm just thinking that if a deformation case were to proceed, a lot of witnesses will be called to testify- and they are bound under oath to tell the truth. The pressure of having to testify could well break the brain-washed zombie spell for some of them, and they will talk. Well, the outcome of that would be very unpredictable for the Moo group, as we are talking hundreds of potential witnesses."

From what I have seen in Sahaja, I do not think one of his longterm and close sangha members would tell the truth. They simply cannot! Because they do not see it anymore, everything is so twisted. They are so heavily conditioned to lie, one of them even said: "I have to lie for TRUTH at least 3 times per day". So that is the norm. In my opinion all his close devotees have a background of abuse and childhood trauma, which made them easily accessible for M's manipulation.

Date: April 20, 2019 04:26PM

2cents
thank you for sharing the video link, I think every discussion and opinion is useful!

Sahara, thank you for typing the letter. I can imagine others also have received letters. Yes, it would be great if someone shows the document on the internet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.