Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: April 16, 2019 09:37PM

Priya kissed Mooji’s hands and later made a video in gratitude to find an asylum and a shelter in his ashram for three years:
[www.facebook.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.youtube.com]
Now, she puts herself in a position of an “spiritually advanced” being and to be a start-up spiritual teacher in Mooji’s lineage similar like some other Mooji’s disciples.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2019 09:43PM by Horowitz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: PapajisaysNO ()
Date: April 16, 2019 11:43PM

My friend just informed me of a woman’s death in Rishikesh. She was in an offshoot group of Mooji’s run by a teacher under him who goes by the name Ananta Garg. She went to Rishikesh for the season, fell and broke her leg and somehow she died there.

They will never know why because Ananta had her body carried to a pire on the banks of the Ganga and burned her body. I have no idea why she died of complications with a broken leg. They are saying it might have been cardiac arrest. She was completely devoted to Ananta and Mooji. She was from the USA.

Here is a link to her body being carried and burned...

[www.facebook.com]

Here is a link to a tribute that Mooji’s sister has done with her picture

[www.facebook.com]

Maybe it’s an honor to be burned there by your teacher? I find it disturbing and very sad. All that seva and this was her end.

RIP

Posted by: aline ()
Date: April 17, 2019 12:45AM

Dear all,
I didn't spent a long time listening to Mooji and in Sahaja, but enough to be haunted by it since years. I cannot spend one day without the feeling that I should be part of this group, which make me impossible to build a life outside of this ashram, every move I make seems fake and wrong...
It could be first seen as 'destiny calling toward living in this transpersonal community' but on the other side, could be a very tight psychic pressure which cause not being able to live and stand in the world as an individual.
I didn't wanted to look back at all of this because I have nothing against them, what they express and live is very beautiful and warmhearted. But everywhere I put my feet, it's with me and doesn't let me free. Is this really freedom?
If anyone as experience and/or advises, please share.
Thank you <3

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: April 17, 2019 12:46AM

That is terrible news PapajisaysNO. I feel for the woman's family who must have a lot of questions left unanswered.

It is entirely possible to die from complications of a broken leg. People traveling to India need to make sure they have the correct level of travel insurance to cover the cost of medical treatment resulting from accidents and/or illness.

That guy named Ananta has set himself up as a guru and comes across as a giggling lunatic. I have watched his material online and I can't understand a word of it. He has been given Moo's blessing to teach... no doubt Moo can't understand a word of his gibberish either, but I'm sure that is no hindrance.

Ananta is involved in the Indian company that hosts Mooji's organisation when they come to India. They are called Buddleia Media Pvt Ltd. I think Howowitz revealed this fact a while back.

It is all very sad.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 17, 2019 03:22AM

Yes, yes, you need travel insurance and the policy must cover the expenses for medi evacuating you to a good hospital and then media vacing you to your home country.

Two, it is vital that you have designated specific persons to be your emergency contacts.

Am sorry to report that in some places in India there are not adequate facilities for preserving a persons dead body until relatives arrive, not unless money is found.

This ladys relatives can't even give her body a proper funeral ritual...they were denied that.

In India, its of the utmost importance for family to be present at the funeral.

They should have waited for her family to arrive.

Date: April 17, 2019 05:05AM

Check out Be Scofield's latest post on her facebook page:

[www.facebook.com]

Be has just realized that Mooji is indeed God! Which is something I shared with the world yesterday, actually.

Now, some critics are unkindly saying that just because old Moo likes to don the white robes occasionally, that doesn't mean he is Jesus. The critics suggest that Be Sofield is setting the bar for Godliness a bit low, I suppose.

I would suggest that it isn't the garb that maketh the God, but in actual fact, it is the adoring throngs of spaced-out zombies love-bombing the Moo 24/7 that are creating this phenomenon.

They throw themselves at his smelly feet and declare Him 'lord Shiva' and 'Our beloved Father' and 'Ramana himself' (Ok, some of them are a bit confused... but that kind of goes with the territory)

Why they want to worship some pervy old dude?

Date: April 17, 2019 06:06AM

Dear Aline,

sorry, I did see your post and I would like to acknowledge your courage in coming forward and posting here. Several people who write on this forum have also been to Monte Sahaja and they may have some specific advice for you to move forward from here.

I can imagine that living in a closed environment where everyone is encouraged to behave a certain way and say certain things, would be disorientating. I have heard many scary things about Monte Sahaja- but I will acknowledge that some people enjoy their time there are seem to emerge unscathed, who knows why?

If you feel 'haunted' by your experiences there, then perhaps consider getting some professional help in the form of counselling or psychological support? I am not a professional and can only advise you as a friend.

That said, I did consider getting some support myself, as I felt confused after my involvement with the Moo group online. Moo uses some kind of trance induction or hypnosis which made me feel very hazy and unsure- it was unnerving.

As it happened, I returned to 'normal' (my normal, anyway) without any help. It was just a matter of time, and spending time with friends and family and keeping away from Moo's material that did the trick.

I hope you will be OK.

Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: April 17, 2019 07:58AM

Welcome Aline!

Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: April 17, 2019 08:00AM

I saw this on the facebook page Questioning Mooji today..

It's wonderful to now see more Women feeling SAFE and STRONG enough to come forward with their stories!

In honor of a friend who lost her life in Rishikesh last Friday night, Amaya Aum

I speak this now

————

This will more than likely be my final contribution to the unmasking project of Mooji. At the urging of many here I will share my story now, in part as all would be too much. I hope it may benefit some to know the facts of my experience. I do this only out of love for any who may be open to understanding what I share is my true experience and I hope my sharing may spare someone else. I am not brave. I’m scared. But I love you more then I care what you might think of this character Annette. So love wins.

Here it is:

I met Mooji online after basically losing my father. His posts came into my feed and I began to watch. I was moved so much that I began attending every satsang and online retreat and joined Sahaja Express and began donating quite a bit to him as well. Something inside me was puzzled by this strong pull to him. I had no idea what it was. So I decided to write to him a letter. From this I was sent an invite to Sahaja. I went October 2015. I stayed 3 weeks. I left and attended retreat in London 2015. I left London 2015 retreat knowing he was not any God at all, anymore than my cat or the tree or you are. He puts himself up as a Master. It is him who does this. In London 2015, and I bought the retreat and have a copy. He stood up at the end of the satsang and as he did people began to exit. He then said, Mooji himself said “If I was your Master, you would not leave this hall, until I left this stage.”

As for the Be article. I was one of the anonymous sources. A volunteer. I will say that what I told Be was reported accurately. I saw him throw water on my friends face. I was in the meeting when he was (through the woman running it) advising on how the mother bird was to be shot if they could not scare it away. Well it was feeding its chicks off Mooji’s fish, so it wasn’t going anywhere. I also saw him read an email from a woman who felt very haunted by Mooji, he said she was mentally ill and now it’s good we could see what “he had to deal with” and then he said let’s see who this is and looked at the top and read her full name. I remember saying in my head “please don’t read her name, please don’t read her name”. He did. It went out on Sahaja Express for all viewers to see, with her name and him calling her mentally ill. If that doesn’t teach you not to go to him with complaints about him, what will? I also had unsettling experiences with him personally. Energetic scenarios where he touched me without my desire for these energetic exchanges. I had a fully packed 3 weeks and a back stage view of his off stage, off camera behavior. I spent thousands of dollars and thought I’d leave with a few friends and a beautiful life changing experience. At one point he gave me Papaji ashes to place the container on my head to “bow at Papaji’s feet” as I had gone to plead with him to help me rid me of me and was bowing at Mooji’s feet. It was Papaji’s birthday and that was what Mooji did. Shared ashes from India of Papaji to help me through Papaji’s power to rid me of me. He has no gifts or special powers to wake anyone up. It’s all a monumental and painful production playing with hopes and dreams of often broken people.

I am grateful to Grace that I got out. It’s been 3 years of retreats, silence, therapy, nightmares and pain and confusion. It’s not worth the danger of becoming attached to him and his group and losing a chance for real Freedom. You lose all that anyway if you see through him and live in the integrity of that hard fought seeing. I’ve had a lot of energy issues since he did some of the things that he did and even now my fingers are ice cold typing this to you.

Most of you I don’t know and have and will probably never meet. Despite this, I hope you know I love you. I hope you know you are already this love. In my experience being near Mooji (although many pray for the chance) is a vortex of attachment and false promises by a damaged and pained man who finds his love in your love and gives it back, unless he doubts you in any way. Then game over. I pray good insight and discernment be with all who go near him. He can lead you out (dissociation from pain feels relieving at first) but he cannot bring you back into your body and help you live life (this dream) in any integrated way. I would still be there if he could.

YOU are the light of the world. YOU are.

As for him sleeping with devotees. I have the answer there as well but that’s not my business to share and so I will not.

Be well and at peace my friends.

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: April 17, 2019 07:14PM

Hello Aline,
I am fairly new to this forum but i hope you will read the many posts and find the information here as helpful as it has been for my own questioning why i had followed Mooji for so long and how I understood what Freedom really is once I stopped following Mooji. I am feeling even embarrassed to admit that I had been a deluded follower of his. There are personal reasons why I was hooked in the first place and that required facing my own wounding and early family conditioning. I did it on my own as knowing the truth has always been on the forefront of my life, however painful and hard it may be to swallow. But to look for help outside is necessary if the inner confusion is too great. However, there are also external reasons.
1) To be alone with one's observations or insights against a group of devotees who see their master as enlightened and even God can feel like being David against Goliath (the big in number Mooji sangha)
2) There are many things that are hidden from our sight in the Mooji movement that we do not see immediately. Don’t forget it is a business; you have to sign legal papers as a participant, they have lawyers who may sue you if you do something that can affect negatively their business.
3) Freedom is a matter of realization. You are already Free, you just don’t realize it. It is a matter of knowledge, not of experience. In an ashram you may have experiences, but any experience is temporary and often leads to delusions and dangerous confusion as many of us can testify.
4) In hindsight it seems pretty crazy that you are asked for money to come to the realization that you are already Free. In ancient India, when you would go to a spiritual school, you had nothing to pay. The teachers were even responsible for taking charge of your basic necessities. There you were given a proper teaching, which would give you the means to finally come to the simple realization of your innate Freedom. Those teachers understood that in most cases it requires a prepared mind to come to such realization. I came to see that Mooji does not speak of such preparation like moral values, duties in society, understanding & control of one’s emotions etc.. It is like you are given a university book with the myth of instant enlightenment when you actually need to fulfill the first level of grammar school. It won’t work.
5) Some people seem to be happy devotees of Mooji. I was one of them once upon a time, therefore I can understand the attraction and delusion. However, for someone who considers being part of his movement, I can only advise: make an informed choice, not an emotional choice (the kind which says “my heart tells me”). If it is spiritual Freedom you are looking for, no need to go anywhere but start where you are. Hope this may help you a little.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.