Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: April 13, 2019 01:20AM

I have found one Mooji’s and his PR team propaganda thread example that illustrates Mooji’s slyness, manipulation, populism, and ashram conspiracy. It’s basically said that not Mooji but people want it. Mooji transfers any responsibility on his followers and devotees and claims: ”I am nothing”, at 0:18: [www.youtube.com]

“The clothing Mooji wears in Satsang is made for him and donated/gifted by an Indian tailor. All of the spiritual type styles and behaviors you see are all based on Indian culture and tradition which Mooji is only honoring because his teacher, Papaji, was Indian. You can see Mooji wear normal western clothing and speaking to people in a normal personal manner on the Sahaja Express membership.
All of the formal Satsang videos you see on YouTube are like that because Mooji and the Sangha are honoring Indian culture and tradition. A lot of people also get caught up on the bowing and feet touching they see in his videos --- again, it's just Indian culture and tradition. It looks strange in western culture, but it's normal in India.
The video productions are put together by his followers and supported by donations. Mooji has said himself that it's not his aim to make videos and reach people, he only does it because lots of people keep requesting to see him and sit in Satsang with him. At first, he didn't like that people were posting videos to youtube, until he started receiving letters from people who couldn't physically travel to meet him were thanking him for showing them freedom. It's his followers who donate money and organize all the videos and website and put all the work together. Mooji even says himself, if there are no questions for him, he'd rather just go sit in his room and watch TV”.

I could continue for them: Mooji’s foundation must hire layers to protect Mooji and his sanghas worldwide against some individuals and bad people, who spread rumors and lies….

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2019 01:26AM by Horowitz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: April 13, 2019 06:08AM

Valma,

I agree with you entirely! One spiritual teacher approves of another spiritual teacher sleeping with his devotees (and dresses it up as 'romance' I might add- to give us all visual impressions of candlelight and roses, sacred enlightened sex performed while reciting mantras and burning incense.... )

Everyone can rest assured that this is normal, perfectly fine, wonderful and good, because Joan Tollifson says it's OK. (Whoever she is??? I will have to do some research...)

Look, you know, I wouldn't especially mind if Moo were just upfront about it all. I don't begrudge the old guy a bit of sex. If he would only come out and say that at his ashram they practice "free sexual expression", then at least people would know what they are getting into when they go over there.

The Moo camp should just say that their particular sacred non-dual beliefs support the marrying of one woman in a Hindu ceremony while taking on other lovers as well, and that all the women involved are consenting adults and perfectly happy with the set-up.

After all, there are religions out there that practice polygamy and believe that this practice is endorsed by God, so what really is the problem? Why aren't they honest about it? Why the big cover up and why the threats of legal action over it?

You know, if Moo were up front and honest about the way he lives, then I honestly believe he would actually attract a lot more followers. Certain people would be very attracted to this kind of free love scene. Look how successful Osho was (and still is!)

Posted by: PapajisaysNO ()
Date: April 13, 2019 09:43AM

Horowitz- that’s Shree at the mic. She’s from United States but Mooji arranges her to marry a European devotee so she could stay at Sahaja full time as VISA was only for 3 months with extensions if properly filed. This is per Amma Tanya and I know also from time there and speaking with Shree directly about some of this. So she’s his devoted puppet for life and says whatever they work out ahead of time to say.

Sahara71- it’s Mooji hiding it that is wrong. And also the power difference that these young women are under and also he uses his charm then tosses them, like Radha.

You know I saw a video of Amma Tanya being in satsang at retreat at Zmar with Mooji years ago. He had rejected her and when she went for a hug he said “not now”, she was being so open about her pain and her way of resolving it inside. He just sat there and rambled a story I’ve heard him tell over and over. He’s not able to be authentic and open and intimate and hold space for her. He turns everything into a show. A story. She was risking, he was holding back. He does this power dance all the time in satsang. I’ve seen it so many times. He’s not able to be vulnerable and be with someone where they are. He’s always got to have the power, but only always.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2019 09:44AM by PapajisaysNO.

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: April 13, 2019 11:34AM

I enclosed some pics from our Mooji’s sangha on Friday night and the next morning:
[www.facebook.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: April 13, 2019 05:32PM

I did a little comparison exercice between 2 modern spiritual teachers, Mooji and Byron Katie:

1) Both have built up a big business and worldwide network "family" on the enlightenment market with help of modern technology.

2) Both have based their teaching method on their own individual awakening experience and teach a "new" kind of method: the Work for Byron Katie, the Invitation for Mooji. Byron Katie does not claim any lineage.
Just note that this is not at all the case in traditional teaching of Advaita Vedanta (which Mooji is claimed to be a representative). That one is based on careful study of ancient scriptures which are said to be revealed and unchanged age-old elaborate successful methodology. This does not mean that a Vedanta teacher will not share a personal experience but it is incidental, not the foundation of the teaching which are given scriptures.

3) Both have a big following, but Byron Katie is not worshipped or is object of a personality cult.

4) Byron Katie speaks very openly and candidly about her husband and the way they interact with other: it is a lovely refreshing testimonial. As such she lives an exemplary life, IMO.
I never heard Mooji talking openly in satsang about a partner, past or present. This seems to be kept secret or very vague in his declarations which makes one wonder why as a public figure he would do that. I share what Sahara is suggesting on that point.

5) Both have a Mars in Scorpio in their natal astrological chart. I have observed that this can be expressed as quite overt or covert aggressive behaviour unless this imprint is mastered correctly.
In a question/answer session, you as enquirer may find yourself being cornered, not heard properly, made feel as if you are stupid and small since anyway the teacher knows best and what you share has lesser value in comparison to their method, view or insight; you may leave feeling you need to work harder with their given method to "get" it.

Now just compare this with the way Ramana Maharshi (who was more of a sage than a teacher in the strict traditional Vedanta sense) behaved with people who would come to him. At the time there was no internet, yet people came to him from all over the world. He did not behave like he was someone special, there was no hugging session, he was simply himself, people would sit around him. From the many testimonials i have read he seemed to have the ability to identify with individuals, know where they were at and then respond exactly at their level of understanding. Sometimes a mere look would settle a burning question or pain for one person and they would leave and never come back, having received what was needed for them at that time. The argument that a dead master can no longer challenge your ego personally (as if this was absolute necessity) is anti-Advaitic by definition for if you have accepted Advaita teaching there is no death for the true Self. Ramana is still an inspiration for many regardless of time and place.

Just food for thought. Byron Katie encourages her audience to inquire into stressful thoughts. Mooji might disregard this as just useless mind stuff!...

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 13, 2019 10:46PM

Err...CEI has a vast discussion of Byron Katie.

Though the focus of this thread is on Moo, it is important to understand that becoming a Big Name Spiritual Teacher is no accident.

It is not God's Grace. It is Mammon.

To become a Big Name Spiritual Teacher you are operate in a very mercenary context.

To remain a Big Name Spiritual Teacher and not get drowned out by marketing from competitors, you consent to remain in this very mercenary context.

The mercenary context in which one becomes and then remains a Big Name Guru or Spiritual Teacher contains these elements.

Sophisticated Marketing - attracting attention to yourself

* Your material must seem unique, better than other teacher's material. If you've appropriated material from other sources, hide it. If you've distorted
and dumbed down material you've taken from other teachers, other sources, hide that.

* Denigrate competitors. Make cheaper more effective methods seem old fashioned, ineffective or oppressive. Charlatans find ways to trash talk non charlatans.

* Promise personal empowerment to your followers, make them feel empowered but...make sure they stay dependent on you. There, you've already broken your
promise to improve people's lives.

A spiritual teacher who's followers heal and depart, earns less money than a charlatan spiritual teacher who makes followers feel empowered but keeps them
closely attached and dependent, bringing in steady income.

Marketing - continued.

A Big Name Teacher needs as much free publicity as possible. The two fastest ways to accumulate wealth are tax exempt status and free labor.

* Get lots of recruits because they provide volunteer workers who will
distribute your publicity material and give good reviews for you on social media.

* Look for followers who are experts with websites, marketing, social media
influence. If possible get them to donate time, but if you gotta pay someone, pay them.

* Identify your target market, your demographic.

* Get rid of skeptics and confident people as soon as possible. They disrupt the mood you want to create.

Middle aged women in distress
require a different marketing strategy than young spiritual seekers who have time and means to travel.

You might change your name. Byron Katie changed her name. Moo has added Hinuistic titles such as Moo - Ji or Mooji Baba

* How do you dress? What gadgets and props are in your photographs?

* Creating a Story of Yourself, a public persona - that is, crafting a resume.

* Suppressing material in your life that conflicts with your public persona
* Recruitment

it is very important
to make brief digressions to underscore how common it has become
for commercial spiritual teachers to use many of the techniques
we are concerned about here.

Why? Because many who seek healing from Moo may look for another guru
who can help them. If that guru is also using these same techniques,
the Moo survivor will become stuck in another guru's establishment.

Two, commercial gurus constantly look for new recruits. Persons who have
left Moo (or who have been rejected by Moo), may be targeted for recruitment.

We learned about how guru survivors are recruited by other gurus on the make via the Byron Katie discussion. Here it is.

[forum.culteducation.com]

A brief digression about Byron Katie.

She changed her story a number of times before coming up with the
instant enlightement story focusing on the cockroach.

The Anticult, who supplied many, many analyses of conversational trance induction
methods, provided that information by examining BK's material.

Use of glittering eyes to induce instant intimacy. Anticult examines this
during the BK discussion. Notice how every photo or online image of a spiritual teacher emphasizes their eyes? This is no coincidence.

BK reportedly so influenced followers that they give her their wedding rings.

The Anticult had things to say about this one.

The bit about BK and her loving talk in public with her husband - thats
also insta intimacy.

Anticult helped us learn a bit about that one.

Again, we must, must keep the focus on the Monte Sahaja/Zmar situation.

I offer these citations as an educational resource for those who want to
get a much larger picture of the commercial spiritual teacher scene --

For, to repeat, this is the
very mercenary context in which someone becomes a Big Name Spiritual Teacher.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2019 11:18PM by corboy.

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: April 13, 2019 10:57PM

corboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Err...CEI has a vast discussion of Byron
> Katie.
>
>
> She changed her story a number of times before
> coming up with the
> instant enlightement story focusing on the
> cockroach.
>
> The Anticult, who supplied many, many analyses of
> conversational trance induction
> methods, provided that information by examining
> BK's material.
>
> BK reportedly so influenced followers that they
> give her their wedding rings.
>
> The Anticult had things to say about this one.
>
> [forum.culteducation.com]

Thanks corboy, will look into it. I admit i haven't followed BK consistently enough to have a total view on it,

Posted by: JDecosta ()
Date: April 13, 2019 11:50PM

PapajisaysNO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> You know I saw a video of Amma Tanya being in
> satsang at retreat at Zmar with Mooji years ago.
> He had rejected her and when she went for a hug he
> said “not now”, she was being so open about her
> pain and her way of resolving it inside.
----

I yesterday also saw an old Zmar video on Amma Tanya's YouTube channel. She is sharing it as her healing moment with Mooji. This video sounds identical to your version, but here at the end he is giving her a hug and she even bows down to kiss his feet without being asked to do so.

[youtu.be]

I do not understand, why is she still sharing this video?

Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: April 14, 2019 12:47AM

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

I've noticed a few times people have posted links to photos and videos here, and then they have promptly dissapeard. As no doubt Moo and his PR team are reading everything that is posted here, I have a request/suggestion.

If someone sees photos or videos that contribute to exposing of this cult, great! By all means share them here, but first make a copy! Photos are easy to download, or make a screen-shot of. As for videos, for facebook you can use the free fbdown tool For youtube you can use the free OVC online video converter

What's happening is that because Moo's team is watching this forum, we're inadvertently handing him material to delete.... leading them right to it!

So, let's keep up all this good work, and first download any photos or videos we find, then post them here once copies have been safely made.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 14, 2019 03:59AM

This is valuable tactical information.

You rock.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.