Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: April 10, 2019 05:42AM

Mooji got also hypnotized, Mooji at least, you know who does it feel like....?
At 0:10 on Mooji Video: Step Out of the Shell of Your Own Identity
[online-satsang.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: billyboy ()
Date: April 10, 2019 03:12PM

Sorry about going off tangent onto another "teacher" rmmoderator (he's dead anyway).

However, after reading clearvision's post and quoting of U.G Krishnamurti, I would like an opinion on U.G Krishnamurti. Is U.G a good teacher to listen to and read on? I feel like I am being "gas lighted" when he discredits; feelings, morality, "the person" or "the individual" and thoughts.

Would like to hear others' thoughts and opinions on U.G. as well!

Posted by: swissalyst ()
Date: April 11, 2019 02:39AM

U.G. Krishnamurti went too far into the dissolution/negation/darknight and the general breakdown of the self-system during his awakening, and he didn't have the strength of character to do the rebuilding, creative, positive side of things to balance the dissolution. This is because he was probably not given self-building skills in childhood, was probably not "loved" and was of a melancholic-depressive nature. Combine this lack of ego-character strength with a fierce intellect and you get U.G. Krishnamurti. What U.G. is good for as a teacher however is to cut through the pie-eyed BS that constitutes much of the spiritual "industry." His statement is too negative however to be considered as one's sole or major teacher.

[www.biologyofkundalini.com]

Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: April 11, 2019 03:24AM

Wow Swissalyst, that's a very insightful take on U.G.!

What U.G. is good for as a teacher however is to cut through the pie-eyed BS that constitutes much of the spiritual "industry."

Agreed. Small doses of U.G. can be an antidote against the airy-fairy enlightenment myth as portrayed by the likes of Mooji and Osho.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: April 11, 2019 05:50AM

Good to hear from you Billyboy.

I don't know much about U.G. Krishnamurti. I will say one thing- it would be difficult to be exploited by someone who is dead- so he has that going in his favor!!

Watch out for any kind of organisation that uses U.G's name to ask you for money, or wants you to commit to long hours of 'service' or whatever.

You did write: I feel like I am being "gas lighted" when he discredits; feelings, morality, "the person" or "the individual" and thoughts.

I would feel the same way, Billyboy. Anything that looks like some kind of escape from reality makes me feel very suspicious these days....

I don't think people are really designed to escape this worldly life into some other imagined realm where nothing much matters. If you really look closely at that desire to escape, I think there is something else behind it. For me it was a kind of 'exhaustion' with this world, but for other people, the desire to escape could be led by something else. Maybe some kind of existential crisis or whatever.

Just on a personal note; would you consider studying philosophy instead of looking at these esoteric teachers? I have a hunch that it might be more rewarding for you. Maybe you have a philosophy group near where you live or something?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2019 05:54AM by Sahara71.

Posted by: swissalyst ()
Date: April 11, 2019 05:51AM

zizlz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow Swissalyst, that's a very insightful take on
> U.G.!

I hope you realize the insightfulness comes from the quoted source, not me!

It could be relevant to our discussion of Tony Moo since, as
I understand it, he too stops at the dissolution of the person. He does not go on to the required rebuilding and reintegration.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 11, 2019 08:42PM

I'd say beware of any group or teacher fostering a sense of elitism, of specialness, secrecy, of being set apart.

See about re establishing just fellowship and connection with people.

This advaita material can be very disorienting, especially if we lack community ties and a daily routine with the basics: work, comrades, exercise, basic
pleasures in life.

Philosophy groups must be background checked - cults recruit using
these too.

Examples:

School of Economic Philosophy

[www.google.com]

Ayn Rand/Objectivism

[www.google.com]

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: April 12, 2019 06:17AM

Great point Corboy,

I studied philosophy at a university, but there are other places that offer philosophy courses that may well be suspect! Be very careful.

I believe Osho was once a university professor and got into trouble for teaching his students there his own controversial ideas, rather than the curriculum.

Even universities are not entirely safe.

On another topic, non-duality teacher Joan Tollifson wants to make it very clear that she "loves Mooji":

[www.facebook.com]

But in her very lengthy promotion of Moo, old Joan does say:

"It seems to be no secret that he has had romantic relationships with young women who are also devotees, which raises a red flag in many people's minds, but I don't see anything inherently abusive about it."

Moo has sex with his young female devotees but apparently this is fine, no problem and 'to each their own'. Why all the fuss?

I guess you have to ask why Moo would hire a lawyer to cleanse the internet of any trace of people mentioning him sleeping with his devotees, if there is absolutely nothing wrong with his behavior?

Amma Tanya and Henri Jolicoeur were both contacted by lawyers for exposing Moo's sexual relationships. Why the fuss if there is no wrong-doing?

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: April 12, 2019 02:53PM

> But in her very lengthy promotion of Moo, old Joan
> does say:
>
> "It seems to be no secret that he has had
> romantic relationships with young women who are
> also devotees, which raises a red flag in many
> people's minds, but I don't see anything
> inherently abusive about it."

>
> Moo has sex with his young female devotees but
> apparently this is fine, no problem and 'to each
> their own'. Why all the fuss?
>
> I guess you have to ask why Moo would hire a
> lawyer to cleanse the internet of any trace of
> people mentioning him sleeping with his devotees,
> if there is absolutely nothing wrong with his
> behavior?
>

Wouah! That lengthy defense message of this "spiritual teacher" of another "spiritual teacher" leaves me speechless.. The level of integrity and morality is going dangerously donw on this planet, if that is also now accepted in what is sold as spirituality.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 12, 2019 08:36PM

Here's the career perk of being a guru:

Regardless how obnoxious a guru's behavior, he or she will always have enablers.

Why?

Guru World believes in persons so special that they are exempt from the
guidelines the rest of us must follow.

Perhaps a lot of people get a secret thrill watching a guru run amok getting away with shit that the rest of us are too embarrassed to perpetrate.

What a dream. A guru can act out on all of his or her appetites and be enabled for it. (This is called seva)

Unlike us, a guru can be waited on by servants, say the most inane things and be listed to with reverance.

A guru can keep devotees waiting for hours and they do not resent this. They
treat it as an opportunity to kill their egos through submission.

All this and a guru does not have to pay taxes. does not have to pay taxes.

A guru can make moves on someone and not get his or her face slapped.

A guru can live a life of utter excess and zero social backlash.

There's a fascination in see how this is all possible.

By contrast, hedonist rock stars run afoul of the police relatively early
in the game. Gurus can get away with their crazy behavior for years.

So perhaps lots of otherwise sensible persons give gurus a pass because
of the vicarious thrill in beholding gurus gone wild.

(Hey, here's a title for the next documentary. Gurus Gone Wild. Am not kidding.)

Corboy suggests that the thing to do is focus on how these people are parasites.

They pay no taxes.

They use public infrastructure

They sneer at those of us who do not share their beliefs -- and who do pay taxes
and support their sorry asses.

In India many of these rich gurus are powerful political patrons and support
Indian nationalist groups whose policies would horrify Western devotees.

No. One important matter that is not given enough attention in guru journalism
is this:

They exploit tax loopholes, accumulate wealth at a faster rate than those of
us who do pay tax and they get work done by volunteer free labor, which means
they do not have the expense of payroll accountancy.

Those of us who pay tax are indirectly supporting these parasites.

We have a right to discuss this situation online and in person.

What a thrill to the onlooker.

Gurus running amok, but paying no taxes and getting rich faster than the ordinary person.

Any onlooker who pays tax should be infuriated and ask questions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.