Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: PapajisaysNO ()
Date: March 19, 2019 08:29AM

Sahaja71

Wasn’t it you that predicted this to a few pages back?

Way to go Rick Archer!

What lead to his decision? Has he said anything?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: March 19, 2019 09:38AM

The last two Mooji’s online laagers (fb Mooji sangha, fb Mooji public sangha) may not hold positions for long. I have tried to make there some dissent comments because they have the Valentine’s Day every day and are totally hypnotized by Mooji’s short quotes and photos…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2019 09:42AM by Horowitz.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: March 19, 2019 09:55AM

Hi PapajisaysNo,

no, I don't think it was me that made this prediction. Maybe Ganga Tarot Lady? lol

I think there was much speculation at BATGAP, as Rick Archer had removed video interviews in the past due to those particular spiritual teachers being found suspect.

I don't think Rick Archer has released any comment regarding this development, but watch this space.

On another topic, I'm just taking a look at the professional profile of the attorney that Tony Moo has supposedly hired to clean up cyberspace and eradicate any trace of dissent against him-

Her profile states that she can effectively manage "digital crisis situations" which apparently includes "university scandals".

I am just pondering that term "university scandals" and the desire held by universities wanting to cover-up whatever has happened on their hallowed grounds that may be unsavory and do harm to their reputations....

I am thinking that is something happens at a university- like, I dunno, a hazing ritual gone wrong, or date rape, or someone preaching hate speech, or there is an incidence of cheating on exams or professors taking bribes or whatever - shouldn't the public be made aware of such things? Don't the parents of the students have a right to know?

It seems very sneaky to be bringing in the professionals to 'cover-up' what has happened by eradicating information from the internet.

I do not approve of this kind of thing at all! I know I am getting off topic, but if that is what attorneys at law do with their time, that does not seem right to me.

Posted by: PapajisaysNO ()
Date: March 19, 2019 10:53AM

clearvision Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There has been a great, continuing discussion
> going on at the Batgap forum on Mooji's
> 2nd interview
. As things continue to come to
> light,
> I feel like at one point, Rick will have no choice
> but to take the 2 interviews down. If there are
> any tech-savy people here, it would be good if
> someone could
> save all the
> comments and links in-case they
> dissapear!

>
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/Batgap/permalink/2351446775081109/

Clearvision called it!!

Date: March 19, 2019 11:38AM

Clearvision clearly has vision!

Rick Archer has supported our cause by leaving up all the comments by questioning spiritual seekers, yet deleting the interviews with Moo.

This is all very good.

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: March 20, 2019 12:57AM

Dixie posted on March 7, 2019 at Guru rating: [gururating.org]:
My partner and I spent about 3-4 days at Monte Sahaja. I can confirm that the aura of“ overwhelming worship” and competition to rise in the ranks of Mooji’s “inner circle” certainly felt present to me. I found myself quite irritated by this energy and saw it as the biggest flaw of the entire experience there. I would not be surprised AT ALL by the allegations that he is sleeping with his “rotating” inner circle members, who all happen to be attractive, young females who are overly devotional and likely submissive to his will.
And other quiet modest comment by KIRI MARANDA there.
By the way this Guru’s portal has been taken by the opposition as well.

Posted by: klaklaklak ()
Date: March 20, 2019 09:22AM

(against their copyright but) here's a clip from Sahaja Express / his recent trip to India, Mooji contemplates "the worst thing that could happen"

youtube

Date: March 20, 2019 02:48PM

PapajisaysNO,

I found a comment by Rick Archer from BATGAP on Be Scofield's Facebook page. Since it's a public page, I feel it's Ok to share Rick's thoughts here as well.

In response to a Facebook post that questions why Rick Archer ever gave people like Bentinho and Moo a platform to express their beliefs to begin with, Rick says:

"Have you ever heard of a situation in which someone entered into a romantic relationship and then later discovered that their partner did not live up to their initial assessment? Not that uncommon, eh? We do our best to screen guests ahead of time but that process is not perfect. If we later discover that someone we've interviewed is behaving in harmful ways, we take the interview down, because our intention is to offer something that will help people, not harm them.

Also, people change. Someone can start out seeming very bright, wise, innocent, etc., but then fame and attention go to their head, and you know the rest.

Others had interviewed Bentinho before I did. That's how I discovered him. Same with most of these people. But BatGap does give them a significant boost, and has launched and sustained many careers. If you think that all teachers are corrupt and that such "careers" shouldn't exist, then I guess you'll see that as a bad thing. But I would disagree. I think all these spiritual teachers are playing an important role in perilous times. But a few bad apples can spoil the whole barrel, so we try to remove them before they do."

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 20, 2019 10:21PM

Rick Archer has made a very good point.

Another way teachers go corrupt is that today with modern high volume PR, modern mobility and affluence which frees multitudes to travel, and modern mega money, this has changed the guru business into a level of hedonistic temptation beyond what any human mind can stay humble with. Politicians are jeered at and hated as well as groveled to and society demands they deliver results.

Modern high volume gurus get high volume adoration, and are not required to deliver measurable results.

I doubt any level of enlightenment survives uncorrupted in this rock star guru set up.

My opinion is Maharshi was lucky he died before legions of cash rich Westerners stampeded into India.

Even if M had stayed humble, I bet his family would have exploited the ashram and Maharshi to make themselves richer than they'd already become.

When a guru or Sufi teacher dies famous in Asia, their tomb stays in the family because pilgrims bring big bucks.

No, the modern rock star spiritual teacher set up is a crate full of rot.

Put beautiful perfect fruit in the filthy container of modern guru buisness and the fruit soon rots.

The ashram is the filthy crate.

Posted by: swissalyst ()
Date: March 21, 2019 01:19AM

Rick Archer presents the "few bad apples" theory.

I'd like to offer an alternative point of view: that the entire endeavor of gurus and satsangs and neoadvaita and the like is flawed from the very outset.

If you view your moral principles simply as temporary formations within awareness, then you end up ignoring them.

All that's left is the acting out of the damaged id -- the traumatized infant constantly trying to fulfill its unmet needs, no matter what the consequences for those around it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.