Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: March 16, 2019 12:08PM

Horowitz,

thank you for sharing the photos you have found on Facebook.... I am very sorry to have to say it, but I think Khrisnabai looks out of sorts.... she looks decidedly peaky in this wan little portrait:

[www.facebook.com]

I really think that the stress of this all is taking its toll on the poor lass. Her face is defiantly much thinner. I hope her Mom sends her a food package in the mail!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: PapajisaysNO ()
Date: March 16, 2019 12:43PM

Check this out.

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2019 01:10PM by PapajisaysNO.

Date: March 16, 2019 01:16PM

One more

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: March 16, 2019 02:22PM

PapajisaysNo,

there is a "Part 2" to the first video you shared with us, and it's really informative!

[www.youtube.com]

It starts off a bit silly and humorous, but if you stick with it, it's very interesting and the presenter has a lot of very valid points.

Interesting how he compares the female followers of Moo to Charles Manson's followers- being rather like hypnotized zombies. I thought the same thing!

Interesting also, is how he says that Moo seduces women while they are under the influence of coercive mind control.

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: March 16, 2019 05:35PM

Sahara71 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> I really think that the stress of this all is
> taking its toll on the poor lass. Her face is
> defiantly much thinner. I hope her Mom sends her a
> food package in the mail!

I too feel compassion for her as i see in her my own young naive self when i started my spiritual journey. I too denied that there was anything wrong with me getting involved with a much older guru until i found the courage to break free. She will probably continue asserting her devotion to her master.

As for the latest video of H Jolicoeur, obviously he has never been in a situation of someone who has been taken advantage by a spiritual authority figure and the difficulty/fear/clarity etc to come out of it and talk publicly. Contrary to what he says, you can still direct love to an individual who has done wrong actions whilst hating his actions and saying loud that this is not right!

Date: March 16, 2019 05:39PM

Yes Sahara71,

He made 7 total. I like the one where he debunks Moo’s i’ve never harmed anyone video. It’s pretty good.

He also really shows genuine respect for Amma Tanya White.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: March 16, 2019 06:01PM

Another point before i take a break : Mooji likes to talk about his sangha as "family". I think mixing the concept of "family" and what it entails with association around a teacher is fallacious in subtle ways, especially that the final goal is freedom from all bondage from teacher/tools and methods.Try to get out of such a family/sangha/egregor/pendulum* entity, and you will be plagued by all sorts of negative feelings.

* People who think in the same direction create invisible energy-informational structures that directly affect daily life. They are called pendulums or egregores. Essentially a pendulum is sort of a thought condensate a soul of a thing, idea, doctrine, organization, ideology or anything that has admirers, supporters, followers, and fanatics.

To take a higher perspective on the whole spiritual scene, there is an excellent article on the topic of Traditional Vedanta and Non-Traditional Vedanta teachings; it helps situate Papaji, Mooji in a historical perspective for those of you who understand French, but the original is in English.

[www.revue3emillenaire.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2019 06:04PM by Valma.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 16, 2019 09:21PM

The Anatomy of Charisma
What makes a person magnetic and why we should be wary.
BY ADAM PIORE
FEBRUARY 16, 2017

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

Posted by: swissalyst ()
Date: March 16, 2019 10:20PM

Good find, corboy. It's interesting that Dr. John Antonakis concludes charisma and hence cult leadership need not be innate. They can be learned. Two passages struck me as especially relevant to our study of cults:

In fact, beyond shutting down our ability to reason, some scientists have found that under the right circumstances, charismatics -- especially if that charisma stems from our perception of them as a "leader" -- can induce a state akin to hypnotism.

And with my emphasis added:

hypnotism, when it works, [is] usually preceded by the massive frontal deactivation -- in effect, a "handing over" of executive function to the hypnotist.

More details from Dr. John Antonakis on "Learning Charisma" from an article in the Harvard Business Review:

[hbr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2019 10:45PM by swissalyst.

Posted by: 2cents ()
Date: March 17, 2019 01:09AM

Trying to understand:
Looking at the whole Mooji scenario from the perspective of powerful life patterns impressed since birth : At age 1 mother leaves/abandons Tony and moves to England, Age 8 Tony’s father leaves town never to return, dying of pneumonia (coincidentally as did Mooji’s son), Mooji is raised by a disciplinarian uncle who seems to have put control above providing a loving environment where many relatives co-existed (as in an ashram? ), Mooji splits to Brixton to reunite with his mother. In Brixton, his nephew is involved in drugs and criminality, leading to the shooting by police of the nephew’s mother leaving her paralyzed till her death. Later Tony is baptized and saved by Michael the mystic who evidently, after praying for Tony, leaves him in a state of unbroken peace, with a period of time when he was financially broke and saved by his sister’s generosity, ….on to India, the rest is history. Here we see something like archtypes: the lost and abandoned one, the abused one, the blessed one, the awakened one…..
Now, we see a very extensive personal history on his website, reflected in placing his parents photos on his side table during satsangs – is this a way his subconscious is trying to let us see or justify what has grown into this mega -guru phenomenon?

With childhood traumas happening to a young boy who obviously has innate talent, charisma, gift of clever, intelligent, persuasive speech, strong male sexual energy and appeal – what we see now is a grown man who has subconsciously put all that misfortune to use by creating around himself a ‘bulletproof’ environment where he has an infinite family of people who love him and swear to never leave or desert him, a secluded and highly protected haven (heaven) where no one can get to him, plenty of financial donations and marketing profits to support his existence, a community of people to fulfil his every desire – seems like the perfect antidote for all the unfortunate childhood disruption and pain. Add his now famous glimpse of nirvana with Papaji = a man who has created a spiritually based survival structure to protect his deeply wounded inner child. Add to all this the huge emotional wave of global adoration and projection from followers, he becomes the perfect manifestation of fulfillment for everyone elses subconscious longing for fulfilment of whatever! Like Trump, only a person who feels insecure, deficient, inadequate, lacking etc., could externalize such a vast expression of adoration, wealth, and .control – but is it a house of cards?

I take some comfort in looking at it from the perspective of the uninvestigated buried subconscious - seems to take the edge off.
What a leela!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.